Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Boomer The Cannon posted:

I believe it is my turn, and I believe that Seth Jones hasn't been picked.

If both of these are correct, then Winnipeg will take him.

gently caress.

Now I definitely need to update my list since it only has 3 backup goalies left on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

My forwards are really far too weak right now, so I'll take Paul Stastny and complement his overpaid rear end with the youth and potential of the top non-McEichel prospect in the game, Sam Reinhart.

Not an ideal situation at wing but there's probably the depth there to make up for it.

X - Turris - Reinhart
X - Stastny - X
X - Barkov - X
X - X - X

Keith - X
X - Weber
X - X

X
X

Exxon is up.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Oh for gently caress's sake, I figured you wouldn't take a center. Fine, I'll think of something else.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I don't see a significantly better center on board so I'll take Mika Zibanejad in the hopes that he'll improve slightly with age.. but not too much because gently caress the Senators.

Pacioretty - Bergeron - Hornqvist
- Zibanejad -

Carlson
Klingberg

It is a team that could do a thing or maybe not, who knows. I would have preferred a slick playmaking center to put with MaxPac on a 1A/B line but it didn't happen.

Patric Hornqvist is a first line winger on a good contract so I'm not sure why he slipped this late again but I'm not here to ask the tough questions. I hope he stops getting injured so much.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

eXXon posted:

I don't see a significantly better center on board so I'll take Mika Zibanejad in the hopes that he'll improve slightly with age.. but not too much because gently caress the Senators.
YOU MOTHERFUCKER

I guess we'll take Evgeni Kuznetsov, but dammit I was so close.

E:
?? - Duchene - Wheeler
?? - Kuznetsov - ??

Yandle - Jones

Bobrovsky

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

on to ThinkTank's pick

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

OK, been at work lately, but I assume I'm going pretty soon?

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
You guys have to consensus pick for the Flamed

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Alex Steen?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

OK, been at work lately, but I assume I'm going pretty soon?

Soon is relative but why exactly can't you check the sheet yourself?

tofes posted:

You guys have to consensus pick for the Flamed

Keep the "highest previous season point total" gimmick going to compete with Team Corsi.

e: that team seriously needs a center and guess who was the highest scoring center from last season still on the board... come on Tyler Bozak!

If you feel that's bad then Desharnais is a slightly better pick.

Precambrian Video Games fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Aug 2, 2015

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

eXXon posted:

Keep the "highest previous season point total" gimmick going to compete with Team Corsi.

Works for me. Pretty sure that's Alex Steen.

e: Desharnais works too.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

That makes the most sense because I wanted to pick him and consensus picks should be ones that piss you off.
Either that or a goalie.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

At the pace this is moving it will be my turn when Im out (again). Can I email a short list to one of you cool dudes?

e: The auto pick team needs a goalie or center so go with one of those.

e2: vvv Thanks Doc!

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Furnaceface posted:

At the pace this is moving it will be my turn when Im out (again). Can I email a short list to one of you cool dudes?

i'll pick for you, anyone else can send me a list too if they need

mckain@gmail.com

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

eXXon posted:

Soon is relative but why exactly can't you check the sheet yourself?

e: that team seriously needs a center and guess who was the highest scoring center from last season still on the board... come on Tyler Bozak!

If you feel that's bad then Desharnais is a slightly better pick.

i'll throw in my vote on Desharnais for the Flames

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Double D sounds like a reasonable pick that a lot of people agree on, so he's now a Flame.

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Aug 2, 2015

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
It feels like Seth Jones went later than he should have gone. Is there something about him that I am missing, because he looks REAL GOOD in the handful games that I have seen him.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Twin Cinema posted:

It feels like Seth Jones went later than he should have gone. Is there something about him that I am missing, because he looks REAL GOOD in the handful games that I have seen him.

I'm guessing it's the rush on forwards. There are tons of good young d-men left and the forwards are dwindling like crazy.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'm out at the moment but I'll take Zdeno Chara despite his age

YAAAYYY YAAAYYYY THIS WAS ONE OF THE WORST MOMENTS OF MY LIFE YAAAYYY

D - 6'9" 255lbs - Shoots Left

Now firmly in the twilight of his career, Chara will go down as one of the game's all time great defencemen. He was slowed by injuries last year, but I still feel he has another two or three seasons left as a top pairing defenceman. At worst he can teach Ekblad a thing or two about positioning and using his reach to effectively angle onrushing forwards out of the play. He'll anchor my first or second PP unit and be an integral part of my PK. I'm very happy to pick him up this late.

ThinkTank fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Aug 2, 2015

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the flames are up now so another consensus pick for us. if i were them i would be taking a goalie, Devan Dubynk has the best GAA of any available goalie so he is my suggestion

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

yeah sure, dubynk would follow with the logic we've used for its previous picks

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Aye Doc posted:

the flames are up now so another consensus pick for us. if i were them i would be taking a goalie, Devan Dubynk has the best GAA of any available goalie so he is my suggestion

Ben Bishop has the most wins. A team that picks by points should also pick by wins.
It's Burke-style.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Twin Cinema posted:

He's been up and down in my (limited) following. That's not to say he won't be a drat good player, but perhaps not the franchise cornerstone he was touted as.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Tremendous Taste posted:

He's been up and down in my (limited) following. That's not to say he won't be a drat good player, but perhaps not the franchise cornerstone he was touted as.

Jones has to get consistent but his tools are redonkulous and he looked very good last year. I think he becomes a legit No. 1 inside of 2-3 years.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Ben Bishop has the most wins. A team that picks by points should also pick by wins.
It's Burke-style.

Ehhh, out of-context GAA sounds more Burke to me, really.

I'm rolling Dubnyk on this one because gently caress spending too much time on a consensus pick.

tofes is up.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Tremendous Taste posted:

In our fantasy world, he can learn from Yandle then.

Beats pairing him up with Krug like last year.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Boomer The Cannon posted:

In our fantasy world, he can learn from Yandle then.

Beats pairing him up with Krug like last year.

What?

e: oh

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Sorry, it's been a busy morning for me. The Coyotes select Alex Goligoski with their 6th round pick. I'm not actually a huge fan of his (I wanted Hjalmarsson) but he should form a solid 1st pairing with Dougie Hamilton.

Good Soldier Svejk is up

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

tofes posted:

Sorry, it's been a busy morning for me. The Coyotes select Alex Goligoski with their 6th round pick. I'm not actually a huge fan of his (I wanted Hjalmarsson) but he should form a solid 1st pairing with Dougie Hamilton.

Good Soldier Svejk is up

you son of a bitch

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

ThinkTank posted:

I'm out at the moment but I'll take Zdeno Chara despite his age

Is Chara the player that's fallen the farthest from where he went last year?

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Aye Doc posted:

you son of a bitch

hey don't blame me blame the guys who took Edler and Hjalmarsson

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

tofes posted:

hey don't blame me blame the guys who took Edler and Hjalmarsson

fiine

VJeff posted:

Verviticus posted:

you sons of bitches

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

The Coyotes as they stand now

Saad-Thornton-XXXX
Drouin-Eichel-XXXX

Goligoski-Hamilton

For reference, here are the Sharks

XXXX-Kopitar-Williams
XXXX-Datsyuk-XXXX

Leddy-Stralman

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'll take Craig Smith

25 year-old center/winger who just signed a sweetheart deal. Scored 20+ the last two seasons on a team not known for their offensive firepower and I'm assuming he's good for 40-50 for the duration of his contract. Can slot him in as a 2C or RW as needed, which is pretty nice versatility.
His fancy stats slot him in as a fringe 1st-liner which is just fine by me. I'm guessing he's underrated because he plays for the Predators.

We'll call him 2C for now just because I like center depth.
Hall - Nugent-Hopkins -
- Smith -
- Couturier -

Lindholm - Pietrangelo

Good Soldier Svejk fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Aug 2, 2015

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

it is now VJeff's pick

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

tofes posted:

The Coyotes as they stand now

Saad-Thornton-XXXX
Drouin-Eichel-XXXX

Goligoski-Hamilton

For reference, here are the Sharks

XXXX-Kopitar-Williams
XXXX-Datsyuk-XXXX

Leddy-Stralman

Drouin-Eichel good lord

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

My next pick is so hard. On one hand, if I don't pick a forward, my lineup is gonna be essentially made up of 3rd liners. But if I don't pick a D, I'll have to split Hedman and McDonagh, and there's one D specifically that is unpicked who, if I pick, will piss people off, and I wanna do that.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Do the thing that will piss the most people off

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

That's probably what I'm gonna do. Come on VJeff!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
So the Ducks are
Neal-Anisimov-gently caress Corey Perry
XXXX-Monahan-XXXX

Buff-XXXX

That certainly is a team.

• Locked thread