Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

LimburgLimbo posted:

He let off like 5, and number 8 shot is a lot of shot, plus all he has to do is basically nick a blade and it's going down.

Still some decent shooting though, which is probably why when the drone owners got to his house he was still "jumping up and down and celebrating"

what did you expect me to read the article?
reading is for faggots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Hitting a moving target at 100 yd with #8 shot is still insane. Also, gently caress drone owners.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Dead Reckoning posted:

Hitting a moving target at 100 yd with #8 shot is still insane. Also, gently caress drone owners.

Maybe for a scrub

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Equine Don posted:

Maybe for a scrub

Still gently caress drone owners

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

Richard Bong posted:

I would also like that gangtag because that is rad as hell.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Apparently in this world cameras don't have zoom. gently caress drones shoot them all down unless they're shooting undesirables imo

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Richard Bong posted:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Actually I think this is a solid compromise on the drone/privacy debate.

Legal to fly anywhere, but also legal to shoot at them.

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

Richard Bong posted:

please jump me in next

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Joe Biden isn't really the end-of-days candidate, though.

I'm pretty sure Lindsey Graham could be persuaded to throw nukes at the middle east problem(s).

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Apparently in this world cameras don't have zoom. gently caress drones shoot them all down unless they're shooting undesirables imo
It's just one of those drones with a gopro, which don't zoom. You can't really invade someone's privacy with one of those 200 feet up.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Listen man, I just wanna shoot down drones

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...&source=twitter

University of Phoenix under investigation, particularly their marketing to vets.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret

Richard Bong posted:

Also lol at UoP. Had a buddy, had to pay over 50k for a semester at Steven henagers. Why do people go there?

Edgar fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Aug 2, 2015

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

is y'all lurkers beggin for tags now

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

The Slithery D posted:

University of Phoenix under investigation, particularly their marketing to vets.

Good, string the pricks up.

Then hunt down those fucks shilling for them during ACAP.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
The thing with gang tags is that an admin will put it on the server but folks typically have to fork out the :10bux: to add it to their AV.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
have more drone news

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/01/us/drone-airliner-jfk/index.html

also hitlerbang gang best gang

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

The thing with gang tags is that an admin will put it on the server but folks typically have to fork out the :10bux: to add it to their AV.

For the Bidenocalypse* it would be worth it.

*or Bidenopolis.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I've never had a gangtag and never thought about them too much, but does a tag then need to be re-bought when someone fucks with your AV?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Someone should do this.

I'm on it.

Im 2 pages back but is it too late to get in on the gangtag

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I've never had a gangtag and never thought about them too much, but does a tag then need to be re-bought when someone fucks with your AV?

Yeah that's how I lost my "wild cards" tag. Never bothered to get it again because :effort:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Yes, if the person who hosed with your av didn't leave it in. Once an admin drops the image on the server you can gangtag your avatar by linking the tag's URL with IMG tags in the text portion. Example is mine:

code:
not so crescent fresh

[img]http://fi.somethingawful.com/images/avatars/gt-hitler.gif[/img]
also :lol: at the lurkers coming out begging for tags

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

The Slithery D posted:

I am so glad my homeland security teacher in high school had an entire day where we got on the computers and hosed with their chat rooms asking about state accreditation and tuition, poo poo was so funny watching them fumble hard

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Equine Don posted:

I am so glad my homeland security teacher in high school had an entire day where we got on the computers and hosed with their chat rooms asking about state accreditation and tuition, poo poo was so funny watching them fumble hard

Wait...what? You had a homeland security class in high school? What the hell?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Equine Don posted:

Theres a homeland security class? Wtf did they teach you

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

GoGoGadget posted:

Wait...what? You had a homeland security class in high school? What the hell?

Yes? That's how I got my 911 dispatcher/FEMA certs.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

gently caress Biden. Bernie 4 lyfe.

Also someone needs to explain to me why I can't shoot drones out of the sky. They should have a job at airports where all you do is sit around waiting for a pilot to report one and then you head out on a golf cart to blow the fucker away.

Drone or pilot. Either way.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Genocide Tendency posted:

Also someone needs to explain to me why I can't shoot drones out of the sky. They should have a job at airports where all you do is sit around waiting for a pilot to report one and then you head out on a golf cart to blow the fucker away.

probably the same reason you wouldn't be allowed to shoot a low-flying plane down

though I think what kentucky guy did was fine

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Agreed, but mainly it's frowned upon because firing guns in most cities is bad because bullets go places and hit things like people, even when you point up.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Godholio posted:

Agreed, but mainly it's frowned upon because firing guns in most cities is bad because bullets go places and hit things like people, even when you point up.

Especially when you point up.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
just saw the guy doing an interview about shooting the drone.

"i didn't fire it into my neighbors yard or anything. i shot straight in the air."

lol i hope that's your defense in court, buddy.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Godholio posted:

I know. I just want to shoot things.

Drones, deer, lions, blacks Muslims...

Edited to be race friendly.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

I know. I just want to shoot things.

Drones, deer, lions, blacks Muslims...

Edited to be race friendly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_academy

drat you edited before i quoted.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Richard Bong posted:

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

The Slithery D posted:

I have a fake account on that stupid Rallypoint site just to laugh at mili-tards. They post amazing gems like this (in a thread about Phoenix):

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
all you cool guys begging for that biden gangtag, got a real easy way for you to get it. just gotta pay 5 bucks and its yours!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

all you cool guys begging for that biden gangtag, got a real easy way for you to get it. just gotta pay 5 bucks and its yours!

It's gotta get uploaded to the server first! :science:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

Naw just gonna lurk and then empty quote for my one post in the thread.

• Locked thread