Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009
I'd donate but I figured I'd let someone with a prestige higher than 3000 join so maybe they could help with that building stuff more than I could. I'll try to get in when I'm not so low.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am
It sucks when the RNG won't give you engineers. I'm throwing my best templars at the pantheon mish every eight hours but they still only get ~60% chance of success.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

I have two talented level 13 engineers and they don't have enough proficiency to be sent on the construction mission.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Yeah the recently bump on construction missions is bit too much for my crappy followers. I gotta get around to upgrading them.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

It's pretty easy to upgrade dudes though so you'll be fine in a short time.

Gindack
Jan 30, 2010
While waiting for spots to open up in the Pantheon what should we be doing, leveling engineers?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Getting them to blue at least. I wouldn't bother getting them to purple unless they're at least 4/4 and even getting them to green is plenty if you're not playing as much. The most important thing are levels so get your order off the ground and always do the blue poo poo first.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
You can also use good Templars or Mystics, but yeah.

Anyway, I've just kicked any goons whose prestige moved 0 points since Sunday (7/26), freeing up 15 spots.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Liberatore posted:

You can also use good Templars or Mystics, but yeah.

Anyway, I've just kicked any goons whose prestige moved 0 points since Sunday (7/26), freeing up 15 spots.

You've gone mad with power!

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
At first they came for the scrubs, and I said nothing, because I was not a scrub...

Windchilla
May 30, 2009
Dear Russia,

Blood Harvest Slayer perfect balance, no need nerf. Maybe buff?

Sincerely,

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
According to RU data, to buy the max stat boost from the pantheon requires 200 myrrh, which is 1.5 million credits if you're premium, 2 million if you aren't. So that's how much everyone should donate.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Or it's two weeks worth of doing guild mission things.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Does anyone know if Premium on euro server carries over to US server? If that is the case you could quickly get a character on the server to the point you get 3 days of Premium for free.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

It doesn't. You'd be able to get many months of free premium otherwise, as packs do carry over.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Just started a character on the US server, as there doesn't seem to be much of my friends or goons playing yet. 180-200ms constant ping. Hope that won't bother me. (I get 29 stable on EU)

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
I'm assuming this game's gonna be really bad, but haven't been able to confirm yet. I successfully loaded and logged in once, and was unable to move or do anything, in the game world. Restarted and timed out before logging in the next three times, and now it's telling me I'm already logged in.

This will be the WOW-killer for sure.

Edit: Finally got in and holy poo poo, you can only choose three different (lovely) classes at the start? Why would they lock people out of such an important choice right off the bat? If I could play a necro or gunner from the start I might have gotten into the game, but the poo poo they give you to start with so you can grind for another class is idiotic.

Guess this game isn't for me.

Mr Scumbag fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Aug 2, 2015

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Nope, apparently it's not.

The three starter classes are all extremely solid, and if you really want to start with another class the collector pack might be for you.
While grinding towards an advanced class almost none of the progress you have made actually gets lost. And depending on the situation you might actually be glad you can switch back to your starter class.

You can reach most of the intermediate classes within one or two weeks, and reach any class within 4 weeks. And while you do have some skills to unlock to make them good you carry over the bulk of your already gathered "exp".

And no, it's not a WoW-killer. The only WoW-killer is WoW itself. Most people who started playing Vanilla WoW have aready quit a long time ago anyway.

This MMO has some really neat ideas of which some are implemented quite well, while others are still lacking. Also its not a WoW-clone nor does it play like your typical KoreaMMO.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Mr Scumbag posted:

This will be the WOW-killer for sure.

What are you even on about?

Bushwhacked
Oct 4, 2008

Ah-cha-ch-ch-cha-cha...
I wasn't super excited about this game and tried it on a whim because of this thread. It took me a few days to get into it, but now I'm really enjoying it. The combat is so fluid and fun that it doesn't feel like a quest grind. Sitting at a little over 3k prestige now. If there are still spots open in the goon pantheon after all the inactive bootings, I'm Helba Montagne in game, and Ohrin Dearmeh is my bf who'd like in as well.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Is it safer (no extraneous Russian purchases on my card) to purchase Argent from the client or the web interface? I just want to get a perma-mount for cheap.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

If you're paranoid about Putin stealing your credit card info, you can use paypal.

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck

Drinkfist posted:

I linked this video in the mumble chat and CTS mumble died.

Coincidence? I think not. Server can't handle Final Flash.

Maybe the real reason mumble died was because you kept unnecessarily channel banning your buds.

C'mon, drinky.. C'mon.. :smith:

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Drinkfist posted:

Guild Information Update and current affairs.

Ok folks here is the current going on with the guild. As of yesterday we completed the Triumph Square which allows us access to some stat bonus increases for everyone in the guild for purchase (Currently we are at the base level so its free) in the Bonuses tab of the Pantheon menu.

This is what it looks like.

We are currently full at our player cap for the guild at 100 players. I refuse to loving believe that there are 100 of you motherfuckers actively playing the game. I will always suspect that many of you have played the game for a bit and then quit which is in fashion with all mmos on month one. To remedy this and make room for the people that are actually going to play this game for a longer haul HyC and Liberator are apparently working on some loving spreadsheet to monitor people's prestige in the guild as no interface will tell us when you have last logged in. Prestige is a good system for this because playing the game for fifteen minutes usually moves your prestige regardless if you are capped out or not. Things such at gear drops and order temples move that poo poo. I would also say that we only are focusing on monitoring the low prestige goons in the guild as they are the highest risk for bailing out on the game.

Regardless of how that method turns out we are still constructing more guild player cap increases for the guild. This is the current status of that building as of 8/1 at 12pm EST.

That building will increase the player cap of the guild by 10 slots upon completion.

Anyone unfamiliar to how this guild construction system works it is as follows.

Upon reaching 2050 prestige you will unlock access to your order which is essentially some browser timer mini-game. You manage your follower and temples with the reward of stat increases and specialized stat increases. Every eight hours you will be offered a guild mission that rewards construction points. People who are Premium members will reward 15 construction points upon success and those who are not premium will be rewarded 10. Failure of the mission will still reward construction points in the size of 5-7 points. Most of these guild construction missions favor engineers which will increase their success chance but we are still building some high end poo poo so the difficulty of the mission is much harder for low order level players.

The mission looks like this in your order menu.

So the guild size increases are entirely dependent on everyone logging in to do the mission every eight hours. As you can probably tell 3330 construction points are what is needed for the current build project and we have 100 goons in the guild. If everyone was doing this poo poo then it would be done much faster but instead we are in the middle ground of progress where we are getting it done but not very fast.

I suspect that sometime sunday we should have this building up and running and have more slots open for players as well as the previously mentioned goon nazi squad hunting down dead players in the guild.

Another factor that needs to be mentioned is Pantheon Credits.

Credits must be donated to the guild in the manner of getting players to hit the add funds button on the main screen of the guild and donating their in game credits currency to the guild. In return you will receive mirrah drops which are used for the guild buff rank ups, guild store, guild resistances and other garbage. I pushed for the construction of the guild HQ and Square so that more people would be inclined to dontate to the guild but that isn't going to bear fruit until the loving thing starts charging people as the base level square is free and the guild store thing is poo poo at rank 1.

Here is the button you need to press to donate.

Here is what we need donations for.

As you can probably tell the guild requires that motherfuckers donate so we can keep doing thease build project and progress the guild size and usefulness. We are also going to need to access the resistances for end game bullshit as well as distortions are a guild only raid thing that we need to build a thing to access.

Previously we survived on goon whales making it rain on us in times when I call for this loving bake sale but I suspect that those whales have poo poo for a bankroll now and cant afford doing this poo poo anymore. Pubbie guild deal with this issue by taxing the players in their guild to donate a certain amount each week. I don't intend to open that can of worms so Ill continue bitching in this thread about the issue and then do the whole talking to babies about why we can't have nice things because they cost loving money.

There you have it.

Edit: If all of this didn't make it loving clear. Build my loving house you poo poo goons.

Wow look at all that information. That guy must really want people to read all that.

Morglon posted:

You've gone mad with power!

I feel jealous that Lib got the first accusation of that before me.

:siren: Looks like we got some slots in the guild!:siren:

Everyone get in before they are all gone and this process continues.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I am online right now and for the next hour or so. Drop me a PM in game if you want an invite to the guild or come into mumble. I can't invite you if you are not online. There should be plenty of slots opening today.

If you miss me then mumble and the list of officers in the OP are your best bet. Ill always be sitting in mumble even if I am offline in game so you can probably find me there. My Steam name is Drinkfist as well.

Kikilupo
Apr 3, 2005
Messaging you now. I got credit$$$ to build your house

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Howard Beale posted:

Is it safer (no extraneous Russian purchases on my card) to purchase Argent from the client or the web interface? I just want to get a perma-mount for cheap.

I bought some gems and the CE using the web interface and my card company called me claiming they were suspicious charges (not that I blame them) but otherwise everything seems ok.

Kikilupo
Apr 3, 2005

SettingSun posted:

I bought some gems and the CE using the web interface and my card company called me claiming they were suspicious charges (not that I blame them) but otherwise everything seems ok.

Yeah I got that too. It seems their processing company is in Amsterdam and my bank figured I was trying to buy pot or hookers.

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice
Ok, what is the better class?

Alchemist, Witch, or Necromancer?

I just want to kill stuff with DOT or send minions to do the work for my lazy rear end.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Two Feet From Bread posted:

I just want to kill stuff with DOT or send minions to do the work for my lazy rear end.

Play Necro if you're lazy, the class's defining quality is its room for error.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Cryomancer is better than all 3.

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice

Anal Papist posted:

Cryomancer is better than all 3.

Cry me a river with your bitch class. I get all the cold I need from my fridge-beer combo.

Necromancer it is.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Cry me a river with your bitch class. I get all the cold I need from my fridge-beer combo.

Necromancer it is.

I like this guy.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
For AoE murdering dudes you can't go wrong with Witch, Archer being a close second.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Morglon posted:

For AoE murdering dudes you can't go wrong with Witch, Archer being a close second.

Yeah but Witch is even squishier than Cryo, and requires :effort: not to die all the loving time.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.
Is there some dumb UI trick to actually joining a regular old 3-person mission? I joined a random group for one of them, and the group finder put me in a group as expected. Yet clicking Enter did nothing. Double-clicking the mission card did nothing. I could see my two groupmates in the upper left, but I was stuck in the stupid hub area and couldn't figure out how to join them.

This UI is _AWFUL_.

So far I've queued for three missions. The first one just didn't let me enter. The second one worked perfectly. The third one dropped me into the zone, but wouldn't let me click Continue - I couldn't hit ESC, and none of my buttons worked in game save for Enter to chat. I had to kill the process since I literally couldn't get to a menu.

A few bugs...

Thursday Next fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Aug 2, 2015

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Thursday Next posted:

Is there some dumb UI trick to actually joining a regular old 3-person mission? I joined a random group for one of them, and the group finder put me in a group as expected. Yet clicking Enter did nothing. Double-clicking the mission card did nothing. I could see my two groupmates in the upper left, but I was stuck in the stupid hub area and couldn't figure out how to join them.

This UI is _AWFUL_.

I have this happen to me very rarely (happened to me twice over about 30 instances so far) but when it does happen I have to leave the mission and re-queue.

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice
This game has a boob slider. Guess im going to be a girl.

Windchilla
May 30, 2009
Folks love to poo poo on Cryo, which is part of the reason why I started there instead of Paladin (clear scheissephilliac). However, I actually really ended up enjoying the class to the point where I'm splitting my time between Cryo and Slayer depending on how much AOE, Control or Single target a fight calls for in a group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

This game has a boob slider. Guess im going to be a girl.

A butt slider too.

• Locked thread