Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I used to love Joe Montana Football 94, just run Emmitt Smith for 3k yards a season just juking everyone to undefeated seasons of glory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

It is August where is my football?!?

I dunno but it's prime poo poo-talk season...

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
All this ncaa football talk made me dig out my PS3 and see if it works, but it overheats in 5 minutes :(

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Quandary posted:

It's about that time of the year where I start re-watching good OU games from previous years to try and survive. 2014 Sugar Bowl is on right now and drat is it enjoyable.

The best ou game is 2011 at baylor

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Metapod posted:

The best ou game is 2011 at baylor

yeah they couldve won (or gone up 7 resulting in a tie/OT if rg3 did the same stuff) if they just ran up the middle again with that big fullback qb dude but instead they got shook from a false start penalty and kicked like bitches and they suck and gently caress tcu too go baylor go rockets champs 2016

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
oh it was them going for 2, they shouldve gone for 2 since it was automatic every time they tried it but instead they went for 1 and the tie, and karma (for that + calling timeout on Baylor's next drive despite RG3 scoring all the time too) destroyed them and their college for the next 50 years straight (BU champs 47 more years in a row) for that decision

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Frinkahedron posted:

All this ncaa football talk made me dig out my PS3 and see if it works, but it overheats in 5 minutes :(

I get the insane jet engine noise from mine that makes having a conversation impossible.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

KKKLIP ART posted:

I get the insane jet engine noise from mine that makes having a conversation impossible.

No clue if it works for PS3, but the way I got around that problem with the 360 was to install the game onto the harddrive. It'd be loud at the start when it has to read the disc, but then it'd be much quieter when the HD took over.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Yall just need a screwdriver and some duster. Ain't that hard.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I broke my 360 controller and the hell am I paying $50 for a new one. You'd think they'd come down in price, even like $10, but nooooooooooooooooo

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

So you just have a 150 dollar paper weight instead.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Fluffdaddy posted:

Or a great $150 target for the shooting range. Thats what I did with my piece of poo poo Moto Razr.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Sash! posted:

I broke my 360 controller and the hell am I paying $50 for a new one. You'd think they'd come down in price, even like $10, but nooooooooooooooooo

Just find someone who has upgraded and by theirs for 10 bucks.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Fluffdaddy posted:

Eh, just joins the boneheap with every other video game system or out of date PC software that's doing the same. Plus mine was a gift.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Just find a cheap one on craigslist, man, it's not hard.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Sash! posted:

Ebay dawg

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Like seriously, I know so many people who have Xbones now, I could just ask someone for one and get it for free. Then again, I am assuming Sash has friends.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

swickles posted:

Like seriously, I know so many people who have Xbones now, I could just ask someone for one and get it for free. Then again, I am assuming Sash has friends.

Only servants.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Penn State is more of a Wii audience.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Dattserberg posted:

NEVER FORGET

Bama fans would kill every tree in Michigan if this happened.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
They couldn't afford to make the trip or find Michigan on a map

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Frinkahedron posted:

Operation Sports goes through the game every year and updates the rosters for the new season so I downloaded them and started a new dynasty. Those guys are the best for doing that.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Rad Valtar posted:

Operation Sports goes through the game every year and updates the rosters for the new season so I downloaded them and started a new dynasty. Those guys are the best for doing that.

Hey Rad, Bama-OSU is on ESPNU right now.

It's a good game :)

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Eltoasto posted:

Hey Rad, Bama-OSU is on ESPNU right now.

It's a good game :)

I can watch that anytime on youtube, which I have many times.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

They couldn't afford to make the trip or find Michigan on a map

They'd get tripped up on the fact Michigan has two land masses

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

vyst posted:

They'd get tripped up on the fact Michigan has two land masses

Me and my wife have friends from Louisville that visited and had no idea there was an Upper Peninsula.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
theyd set off blindly and die from heart failure before they even made it out of Alabama

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

go3 posted:

theyd set off blindly and die from heart failure before they even made it out of Alabama

Sounds like a fun mod of Oregon Trail.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

:getin:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
It amuses me greatly that FSU wouldn't even be on that list if they hadn't laid a truly golden egg in their playoff game.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Strobe posted:

It amuses me greatly that FSU wouldn't even be on that list if they hadn't laid a truly golden egg in their playoff game.

The UF game was pure magic as well

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

swickles posted:

I actually don't know anyone that has a Xbone. Most everyone seems to have hit that "I'm tired of playing Madden-Call of Duty-Whatever Sequel" point and didn't continue with video games.

Honestly, I think I know more people that own kayaks, somehow.

Thoguh posted:

Only servants.

Not yet.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

The Big Jesus posted:

Yall just need a screwdriver and some duster. Ain't that hard.

Yeah I tried that a couple months ago, went down to the processor and redid the thermal paste too, I think the video card is on its last legs. I might try a USB powered fan blowing into it before giving up completely though.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I haven't bought a console since the PS2. Just so :effort: about it all and once the PS3/360 generation came and went I just can't be asked. The stuff I like to play tends to go better with a mouse and keyboard anyway.

I'm guessing the next console I buy will be for my (yet to be conceived)kid.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

vyst posted:

Penn State is more of a Wii audience.

Just letting you know I laughed man.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Korranus posted:

Bama fans would kill every tree in Michigan if this happened.

Come now, we lost to Louisiana-Monroe that one time and I'm pretty sure no one got murdered. And harking back to an earlier conversation, roadside shrimp are where it's at; boiled peanuts are a close second. Only losers buy fruit and vegetables and whatever the hell an avocado is on the side of the road.

EDIT - 33 days, 9 hours, 28 minutes until Bama football.

Warbird fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Aug 3, 2015

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Avocados rule (smeared on wheat toast with hot sauce esp.).
Boiled peanuts rule (cajun esp.).
Shrimp rules.
Roadside produce rules.
All BBQ rules.

LeeMajors for President 2016.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Crotch Bat posted:

I haven't bought a console since the PS2. Just so :effort: about it all and once the PS3/360 generation came and went I just can't be asked. The stuff I like to play tends to go better with a mouse and keyboard anyway.

I'm guessing the next console I buy will be for my (yet to be conceived)kid.

My last one was the SNES and I loved the original John Madden football. I would just toss sweep and score every play.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

We're officially one month from the start of the season! Get ready for some hot hot ACC action when Wake plays Elon Phoenix on Thursday September 3rd!

And Arizona vs. UTSA later that night! Get hype.

E: And Opening Game Darlings Georgia State play Charlotte on Friday the 4th on ESPNU. At 3:30 PM because... reasons.
E2: And Kent State gets to beat Illinois that same friday night on Big Ten Network!

DJExile fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Aug 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

DJExile posted:

E2: And Kent State gets to beat Illinois that same friday night on Big Ten Network!
If Dogg doesn't emerge from that game with an amazing Tim Beckman story then it will be a huge disappointment.

• Locked thread