Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I guess i'm just never going to get proper xbone pad support on this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I can confirm setups do in fact save now, however tire choice does not so if you're in a car with multiple dry compounds you still need to manually select which one to use before driving out.

EDIT: I forgot to change tires after doing qualifying for the race and the game decided to fit intermediates instead of slicks for a bone dry track. Awesome.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jul 17, 2015

bUm
Jan 11, 2011

tehsid posted:

2.5 is out!
Sounds like good fixes.

The latest AMD Beta drivers apparently even bring performance parity to Windows 7/8.1 with the Windows 10 drivers (see: still substantially worse than nVidia, but better). That said, I've been on a Dirt Rally kick so I don't have any plans of firing up PCars currently to check it out, but it could happen.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I tried a random pub multiplayer game earlier and after qualifying some of the cars spawned on top of other cars in the starting grid. Made turn 1 even more interesting than usual.

FAILURE
Jan 28, 2004

If I am not me, den who da hell am I?
The Wii U version has been officially cancelled: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/07/exclusive_project_cars_simply_too_much_for_wii_u_developer_now_waiting_on_new_nintendo_hardware

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Should result in some entertaining Ian posts as angry nintendo owners descend on his forums.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

There's a new unlock pack out if you want to unlock the Ruapuna Park track and a bunch of Audis for £4.49.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

njsykora posted:

There's a new unlock pack out if you want to unlock the Ruapuna Park track and a bunch of Audis for £4.49.

Audi DLC lol what is this? Forza 3?
jk I'll take any DLC I can get to make me play it again.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

njsykora posted:

I don't give a flying gently caress about any of those LMPs, i'm buying this solely for the Audi 90 IMSA GTO :flashfap:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

T1g4h posted:

I don't give a flying gently caress about any of those LMPs, i'm buying this solely for the Audi 90 IMSA GTO :flashfap:

Yes please yes please yes please

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Have any of you found a way to reset ALL camera settings to defaults? I changed my setup a bit and it's a huge pain in the rear end not starting from defaults...

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I dont know if anyone had been wondering why I hadnt hosted any races the last month or so, other games had just stolen my attention. Are people still interested in racing? Quite frankly the turnout after the first month seemed to drop off a cliff which was disapointing.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Norns posted:

Have any of you found a way to reset ALL camera settings to defaults? I changed my setup a bit and it's a huge pain in the rear end not starting from defaults...

I don't know of a simple way to do it but I think you could back up and remove your whole profile (Steam/userdata/whatever/234630/local/project cars/profiles/default.sav), load up the game and take note of the camera defaults, then put your profile back and reset everything.

Basticle posted:

I dont know if anyone had been wondering why I hadnt hosted any races the last month or so, other games had just stolen my attention. Are people still interested in racing? Quite frankly the turnout after the first month seemed to drop off a cliff which was disapointing.

Very interested! I'd love to have weekly races or something, even if it's just a few people.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I'm also interested in getting back into this. The career mode bugs killed my interest in continuing after all of the goons stopped racing online.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Eyud posted:

I don't know of a simple way to do it but I think you could back up and remove your whole profile (Steam/userdata/whatever/234630/local/project cars/profiles/default.sav), load up the game and take note of the camera defaults, then put your profile back and reset everything.

Very interested! I'd love to have weekly races or something, even if it's just a few people.

I ended up doing this. Lost my save. Not a big deal.

Once my ankle Is better and I can do more than a 30 min session, I'm down.

Probably got another week or so of healing up...I hope.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I'll host a lobby again thursday night.

bUm
Jan 11, 2011
In a similar boat as others: I fell hard in love with Dirt Rally again and barely even so much as fired up PCars since the last online gathering weeks ago. Not even the latest AMD beta drivers that brought Windows 7/8 performance parity with Windows 10 (still substantially worse than comparable nVidia :smith:) was enough to get me willing to start it up (AKA: I should have ~30% better FPS all around now and hopefully won't have noticeable slowdown when too many cars are nearby).

Goon racing might motivate me to get back on the PCars train.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Other games came out, and I needed the break. I dumped nearly 100 hours into pcars from its release date. It took me over a year to put almost the same amount in Forza 5.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Basticle posted:

I'll host a lobby again thursday night.

I'll be there.

I've been playing iRacing a bit lately but pCars is still my favorite, even though it can be annoying to find a lobby with people who won't crash into your rear end at full speed going into the first corner.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

I still need to upgrade my processor before I can play again. That should happen inside a couple months if my work transfer and I get more hours at the new location.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I should be able to be there on Thursday. I also just got AC since it was on sale, is anyone in here still playing that occasionally?

Kaddion
Jan 12, 2008

My gosh, you're right Sam! THE GORILLA SHOULD BE DRIVING!
I'm interested but I won't be around til around 7:30-8 pacific for most of this week

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Wow the Ford MKIV doesn't feel like a huge pile of poo poo anymore!

Just got done doing a few laps around Le Mans in it. Night and day compared to the last time I tried using it. It's actually a really fun car now.

Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005
I've played this game a good amount now (in career mode), but I'm starting to hit the wall when it comes to interest. Even though I happened upon a post on the pCars forums that had easily the best gamepad controller settings, which made the game a whole lot more playable, I can only keep the Formula Gulf and Formula C cars on the road. Well, that and some of the road cars like the Focus, Lancer, etc. (And oddly enough, the McLaren F1).

But just about any other car is un-driveable, which makes it hard to do the invitationals and pretty much any other race series. And needless to say, if I can't even keep these cars on the road, I don't even want to try racing online. I appreciate the very accurate physics, but that's the problem - the physics are real enough that trying to drive a race car with a gamepad is hard.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I didn't have a problem racing with a controller and I think most people play with one. Which controller are you using?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Do the right thing and buy a wheel.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I'd like to see these awesome controller settings because unfortunately I do not have the space for a wheel. The fact that there are so many settings for the controller seemingly undocumented barring reading forums posts and no easy way to change them seems ridiculous to me, especialy if for something thats on a console.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

track day bro! posted:

I'd like to see these awesome controller settings because unfortunately I do not have the space for a wheel. The fact that there are so many settings for the controller seemingly undocumented barring reading forums posts and no easy way to change them seems ridiculous to me, especialy if for something thats on a console.

I love the game, but almost every setting changes undocumented things when it comes to controller settings.

Thankfully someone put out a decent set of config files for wheels. Sucks something doesn't exist for controllers.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
PCARS is perfectly fine on a dualshock 4. Some cars just handle poorly on default tunes. Having a basic handling slider setup works fine though.

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.
If only something like instruction manuals existed in this day and age. Wait, they do? So why do other games have a digital manual and descriptions of what the settings in those games do and Project Cars doesn't? I was so excited when I got the game and since then it's basically been a lesson in frustration and bewilderment that's crushed my desire to play the game. That and resetting car settings between sessions still even though it was fixed in patch 2.0, cars being launched into the air for no reason, broken flags and penalties, being able to jump start without incurring a penalty, pit stops not working properly, AI that loves to jump across a kerb and hit you to get back in front because gently caress corners, pop in and general graphical weirdness, cut-track penalties that seem to have no rhyme or reason to them, a photo mode that's baffling, only being able to move options sliders in increments of 6 and DLC which was a 1.1MB download (they can gently caress right off with that).

I'd say those are the reasons that the number of people playing dropped a lot, people though they were buying a videogame and instead they got the above issues. I would say that I'm hoping that patch 3.0 will sort this, and if it does then great, but I really doubt it with these guys. I would post this on the official forums but after browsing them to try and understand the game and see solutions to issues I'd probably be banned after a few WMD Members gave me snark. I want to love this game, I truly do because I've had great times with this game, but they are few and far between and the between is pretty drat bad.

Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005

Goetta posted:

I didn't have a problem racing with a controller and I think most people play with one. Which controller are you using?
I'm using a XBone controller. Can't blame the controller itself - it's very nice and works well enough in the Forza series (of course, it helps that Forza is developed by MS)

Norns posted:

Do the right thing and buy a wheel.
When I have the spare cash to do so, I'll be running out to buy a wheel for sure!

track day bro! posted:

I found this post on the pCars forum: clicky. The settings in the OP helped things a lot.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Just a reminder, if you invested in the alpha test years ago, you get paid near the very end of this month.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Dolemite posted:

I'm using a XBone controller. Can't blame the controller itself - it's very nice and works well enough in the Forza series (of course, it helps that Forza is developed by MS)

When I have the spare cash to do so, I'll be running out to buy a wheel for sure!

I found this post on the pCars forum: clicky. The settings in the OP helped things a lot.

Try these:

holocaust bloopers posted:

steering sensitivity - 35 or 40
deadzone - 5
gas and brake deadzone - 0
speed sensitivity - 70
control filtering - 60

controller mode 3

Works really well for me.

bUm
Jan 11, 2011

Dolemite posted:

I use pretty similar (zeroed the deadzones, increased steering sensitivity a bit [10 or 15], and decreased speed sensitivity [50 or 55]) and can drive every car I've encountered reasonably well after some basic setup tweaking.

Pro tip: increase the steering ratio slider in pretty much every car's tuning to at least ~15, over 20 on really responsive cars like Formula A and LMP1's. Follow up pro tip: if spinning a lot on RWD cars, bump up the rear Toe Out some (usually it's .1 or .2 degrees, .3 or .4 is usually much more stable).

Literally the only car (having driven over half in the game) I was unable to make drive decently with a controller was the Ford Mk.IV* and that's because it was literally broken at the time (since patched). That's not to say some of them aren't still a handful, but they're workable if you're careful against (for me) up to 80 difficulty AI, sometimes higher.

All those words said, controller controls, even if functional, don't feel "good" like a racing game designed to function with a controller no matter what which is a real downer.

* Honorable mention to the classic Mercedes/Ford that are basically 70's street cars and have really vague steering.

Poison Jam posted:

only being able to move options sliders in increments of 6 and DLC which was a 1.1MB download (they can gently caress right off with that).

I'd say those are the reasons that the number of people playing dropped a lot, people though they were buying a videogame and instead they got the above issues. I would say that I'm hoping that patch 3.0 will sort this, and if it does then great, but I really doubt it with these guys.
You can move some things in finer increments with the mouse (vs controller) if you didn't know. Also the DLC was that small because they still have the content for everyone so you can race against DLC cars. Not sure if it's still the case, but apparently non-DLC-havers could even use the DLC cars in online races that had them as the only option.

Polish, or lack thereof, is definitely the leading reason for my dropping PCars. I also am not terribly confident based on what we've seen so far, but I feel I've gotten my money's worth (put in ~100 hours, preordered on GMG for $37.50) already and will likely periodically return since the core gameplay is still good.

bUm fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Aug 4, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Playing with steering ratio is also a big help. And I disagree. Pcars feels terrific on a gamepad. Just takes some work to get there.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

holocaust bloopers posted:

Playing with steering ratio is also a big help. And I disagree. Pcars feels terrific on a gamepad. Just takes some work to get there.

Yeah, it takes a bit of time to get a controller preset that works for you but once you do have one you can fly around the track in p. much anything. I haven't really had issues with any cars in this game yet, except from the broken Ford GT. Haven't given that a go yet again, Having too much fun in the Zakspeed ford.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Just a reminder, if you invested in the alpha test years ago, you get paid near the very end of this month.

Gonna lose money thanks to the euro bombing :negative:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

So SMS are now working on a Red Bull Air Race game as well. While I want this, I'd rather it was another dev making it.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

njsykora posted:

So SMS are now working on a Red Bull Air Race game as well. While I want this, I'd rather it was another dev making it.

Why? Do we have a dev known for air racers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Norns posted:

Why? Do we have a dev known for air racers?

Eagle dynamics :v :v :v :v

• Locked thread