Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

mmtt posted:

Any tips for the Myogi. It's really bad but anything to make it easier?

I managed to get a solid round on the Kawachi with 2x xp and premium to power through it (5k XP) as a brawler. But the myogi guns are just too slow to do that.

Abandon all hope, there is no saving the Myogi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Anyone have an Ishizuchi? I was curious how it is. I don't really care about its money making ability or whatever but it's relatively cheap and was wondering if it's worth picking up for fun times.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
According to the description it is the shortest range BB in the game, so :stonk:

Plasmafountain
Jun 17, 2008

DDs 4 lyfe

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Night10194 posted:

Abandon all hope, there is no saving the Myogi.
After one match where I quite literally tanked more than half the enemy team long enough for mine to flank around and sink them, I no longer dislike the Myogi as much. :v:

Unfortunately we ended in a draw, but that was because Standard Battle is a bad game mode, so I can't blame that on the Myogi.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Standard battle is dumb as hell. Domination all the way.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
With the massive glut of cruisers dominating matchmaking, playing BBs has been pretty fun. I'm quickly on the way to a Fuso now in just a couple of casual Kongo games. Maybe I should sell my Albany and stick a New York in its slot.

Oops too late already sold that hunk of junk

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Why is there no accelerate captain training? I'm not really interested in converting all this free XP my Atago is getting.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
They haven't got round to it yet, and/or they want to encourage you to spend gold for free exp since it will feel like a waste if you don't do something with it.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Is the Engine on the Furutaka bugged?

Because every shot you take disables it.

I honestly don't know if I can stomach grinding the Furutaka for another 40k XP.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Xae posted:

Is the Engine on the Furutaka bugged?

Because every shot you take disables it.

I honestly don't know if I can stomach grinding the Furutaka for another 40k XP.

I don't think it's bugged but it definitely has a glass engine/rudder.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
OP updated with a link to Hazdoc's detailed explanation of commander skills.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.
Subscription has run out, does Wargaming ever do sales on this stuff? I feel like Gajin had something on sale every weekend.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
There you go.. specials.

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/specials/

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Given the inflation over WoT silver/xp prices, that 17k gold and 17m credits one for 100 bucks seems probably the same as their usual 10k/10m for 100 on WoT.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.

Except for the fact that since it will always be offered, it's not really a special.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
The cruiser flag bundle is not a bad deal. Most of the flags are useless for cruisers: detonation, secondary (not AA) range, and faster fire extinguishing, but 110 +20% credit flags for $9.99 is pretty good. You can only get 1 Zulu flag per day otherwise.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

I'm with you

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Well, think I got my "best" worst overall matchup of the past week tonight. Admittedly not quite as horrid as some of the high tier matches that have been posted, but then again this is mid tier where there should be plenty of players to matchmake with.

So higher tier CV, multiple BBs of higher tiers, and an entire squadron of Clevelands. While we got a platoon of Tier 3/4 BBs. Yeah. I'll let someone wiser figure out just how incompetent they had to be on average to make the battle that close.

edit: Oh, and the map was Ocean, so the Myogi and SCs were even worse off.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Aug 3, 2015

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Replay

This match was pretty annoying at the start, a lot of weaving and shooting on the east side of Two Brothers, with little to show for it. But then an Atago shows coming down the middle, so I chase, and then close range battle on the west happens, and I loop around after not getting any kills, a little disappointed. I return east, hoping to ambush the DD who's been a pain in my rear end for half of the game. I end up getting some shots on him, and then land a devastating torpedo barrage into a BB, before hiding in my smoke. Fortunately, the CA nearby dies as I pick up a fire kill on the DD, and then suddenly, shells come out of the smoke and nick me. I recall another CA being over in the little corner there, and wait for my torps to reload before making one more run. A hairy exchange of shells later and the CA eats torps.

Then I watch a BB surf the boundary while we cap out. They should fix boundary surfing soon, its pretty annoying.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I think I set some kind of record in a match tonight. Using a premium ship (Murmansk) with premium time I ended a match with 159 total xp. Pretty epic.

Edit: I actually got less. Confused that run with a different terrible Clemson run.

Damn Dirty Ape fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Aug 3, 2015

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

grrarg posted:

The cruiser flag bundle is not a bad deal. Most of the flags are useless for cruisers: detonation, secondary (not AA) range, and faster fire extinguishing, but 110 +20% credit flags for $9.99 is pretty good. You can only get 1 Zulu flag per day otherwise.
Of course the EU server gets a way better deal with one of their bundles being 115 of the +credit and +xp flags. :mad:

E:

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I think I set some kind of record in a match tonight. Using a premium ship (Murmansk) with premium time I ended a match with 159 total xp. Pretty epic.

Edit: I actually got less. Confused that run with a different terrible Clemson run.

:v:

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Had some kind of miracle game. Playing the worst ship I've ever seen, the Furutaka, I had the most base xp on my team (1156) on a daily 1.5 victory. 35 of 69 shots landed with 5 citadels, and a torp kill. Usually I'm lucky to land 15 shots before sinking in this ship.

I've learned I have to pretty much keep my guns on one side at all times due to the horrendous aiming time, so I plan my routes out so I can weave and always present that side when firing. This will never happen again though, so I'll probably convert some free xp very soon. Still have 26k to go for the Aoba.

Loan Dusty Road fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Aug 3, 2015

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Insert name here posted:

Anyone have an Ishizuchi? I was curious how it is. I don't really care about its money making ability or whatever but it's relatively cheap and was wondering if it's worth picking up for fun times.

It's pretty fun. Speedy and decent guns, it's my go-to tier 4 premium. Admittedly thats not saying much, but still I like it.

Also holy gently caress I had someone leave cap with literally 5 seconds left in the match, turning a cap win into a draw. I really wish there was a post-game chat because I didn't get to call him a loving idiot.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Hazdoc posted:

They should fix boundary surfing soon, its pretty annoying.

I've seen this mentioned a few times, but I still don't know what it is. :saddowns:

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Sperglord Actual posted:

I've seen this mentioned a few times, but I still don't know what it is. :saddowns:

See the edge of the map? Drive your ship into it at an angle and don't turn away from it afterwards. See what happens.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

About to get enough skill points for tier 4 skills in my cleveland. Increased ranged or increased fire chance? I took fire chance before the wipe, but this time around feels like the increased ranged (to both AA and primary battery) seems quite tempting. Anyone with experience can weigh in?

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Weissritter posted:

About to get enough skill points for tier 4 skills in my cleveland. Increased ranged or increased fire chance? I took fire chance before the wipe, but this time around feels like the increased ranged (to both AA and primary battery) seems quite tempting. Anyone with experience can weigh in?

The increased fire chance is a multiplicative boost, so its pretty small. I'd take Advanced Firing Training to boost both your range and your AA's range. Alternatively, you can take Last Stand, to safeguard against rudder and engine damage. AFT is the best option for cruisers, though, especially one like the Cleveland that still benefits from the primary armament getting a range boost. Once you hit the Pensacola, you'll lose that range (but keep the AA and secondary range). Keep that in mind.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Hazdoc posted:

The increased fire chance is a multiplicative boost, so its pretty small. I'd take Advanced Firing Training to boost both your range and your AA's range. Alternatively, you can take Last Stand, to safeguard against rudder and engine damage. AFT is the best option for cruisers, though, especially one like the Cleveland that still benefits from the primary armament getting a range boost. Once you hit the Pensacola, you'll lose that range (but keep the AA and secondary range). Keep that in mind.

This is wrong, unless developers have specifically said otherwise the increase in fire chance is additive. A base 15% fire chance with the skill becomes 18%.

Advanced firing training is probably still preferable.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Get the Range boost. If you have 155s, ALWAYS get the range boost.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I can't wait until I get the range increase on my STL. That is going to be the most ridiculous seal clubbing ship.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Insert name here posted:

Of course the EU server gets a way better deal with one of their bundles being 115 of the +credit and +xp flags. :mad:
I don't even understand why they would have different bundles.

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

I cannot get a win tonight to save my loving life, goddamn. :mad:

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Looks like ATF is the way to go for the cleveland. Thanks, goons.

Got 6 kills and only managed a draw (was almost a loss too, if not for hitting their capper). :saddowns:

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

cheese posted:

Why is there no accelerate captain training? I'm not really interested in converting all this free XP my Atago is getting.

You want to get something out of that 45€ ship you bought ?
That's possible but it's going to cost you even more !

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Destroyers are such a loving joke right now. Tier 6 carrier parked his fighters over my Minekaze, 50 seconds with my AA on and I finally shot one down. Literally took me out of the key part of the battle with the lowest effort.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

cheese posted:

I don't even understand why they would have different bundles.
A friend thinks it's because they're still salty about having to give out Murmansks to a lot of people, kind of like how they cancelled the special weekend they had planned for the weekend of CBT launch where, among other things, port slots were going to be 50% off. I was going to buy a bunch of ports but then the Murmansk thing happened and then they removed the news article about the special and acted like it never existed. :mad:

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Replay

If you want to know what happens, I turn a corner on a Colorado on his blind side within 5 km, ready to torp him, and then I get detonated on the very first hit from his secondaries.
I... what did I do to deserve this? WARGAMIIIIIIIIIIING

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Insert name here posted:

A friend thinks it's because they're still salty about having to give out Murmansks to a lot of people, kind of like how they cancelled the special weekend they had planned for the weekend of CBT launch where, among other things, port slots were going to be 50% off. I was going to buy a bunch of ports but then the Murmansk thing happened and then they removed the news article about the special and acted like it never existed. :mad:
I honestly would have bought one of those packs but its a joke that they gave the EU both the credit and XP bonus flags, but not the NA server. gently caress em.

The more I play, the more I think they hosed up monstrously when they added carriers to this game.

cheese fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Aug 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

grrarg posted:

I actually feel the flag sale is pushing this a bit too far toward pay2win. HE and fires are too strong and instead of fixing it they sell flags.
Then again it is tempting to buy a cruiser and a battleship pack and get 100 games with secondary range, -fire chance, + credit, +xp, -repair on my Warspite.