Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

How long does VJeff have before I can pick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hi, I'm here, gimme two shakes.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

you can pick at 5:23 pm est

e: or in like 5 minutes

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
This is a really tough one, but I'm sure this guy isn't gonna drop to me again, especially with loving Verv picking twice before I get to go again and my options after this guy at this position are all dogshit, so.

G - Eddie Lack

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Sweet.

OK, so I'm probably being dumb bypassing a forward with this pick, but I think I may as well work on having the best defense in the league.

The New Jersey Devils select Christopher Tanev.

He's 25, on a good cap hit for the forseeable future, and he's a phenomeneal defensive defenseman. It allows me options on what to do with my two star D as well.

So, have fun getting through the neutral zone against Victor Hedman, Ryan McDonagh, and Chris Tanev.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Eddie Lack is cool, but I'm not sure he's the best goaltender available. At this point most of the top goaltenders left are similar enough in talent that it probably won't make too much of a difference, and Lack is pretty young.

e: Tanev is another guy I forgot existed.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Paulocaust is up

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Sweet.

OK, so I'm probably being dumb bypassing a forward with this pick, but I think I may as well work on having the best defense in the league.

He's 25, on a good cap hit for the forseeable future, and he's a phenomeneal defensive defenseman. It allows me options on what to do with my two star D as well.

So, have fun getting through the neutral zone against Victor Hedman, Ryan McDonagh, and Chris Tanev.

Thought about taking Tanev but needed a lefty

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

RC Cola posted:

So the Ducks are
Neal-Anisimov-gently caress Corey Perry
XXXX-Monahan-XXXX

Buff-XXXX

That certainly is a team.

glass house and all but lol Anisimov first line C

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Sweet.

Was this the one that was supposed to piss everyone off?

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I thought so. Tanev is young, awesome, and D is thin, and SAS is kinda Canucks crazy about him.

Either way, I'm pleased to have the best defense in the league.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm taking Tyler Myers because he is a large defence man

Gaudreau-MacKinnon-Oshie
?-Backes-?

Myers-?

Price

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
I desperately need a defenseman at this point, and there's nobody I like more than Morgan Rielly. I think he's got the talent to mature into a great offensive defenseman and even this last season, he was - in my admittedly very quick evaluation - one of the best defensemen on the Maple Leafs. I know, it's not a high standard to clear, but he was able to play 20 minutes, put up respectable point totals, and be pretty good - compared to his teammates at least - possession wise, all at the age of 20/21.

I honestly thought Brodeur's Nanny was talking about Rielly before he picked Tanev, and that would have made me really sad.

Here's the Flyers now:

Voracek - H. Sedin - P. Kane
? - Little - ?

Vatanen-Rielly

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

mentholmoose posted:

I desperately need a defenseman at this point, and there's nobody I like more than Morgan Rielly. I think he's got the talent to mature into a great offensive defenseman and even this last season, he was - in my admittedly very quick evaluation - one of the best defensemen on the Maple Leafs. I know, it's not a high standard to clear, but he was able to play 20 minutes, put up respectable point totals, and be pretty good - compared to his teammates at least - possession wise, all at the age of 20/21.

I honestly thought Brodeur's Nanny was talking about Rielly before he picked Tanev, and that would have made me really sad.

Here's the Flyers now:

? - Little - ?

Vatanen-Rielly

Yoiu loving piece of hsit godammi

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Furnaceface sent me his list and his #1 man for the Chicago Blackhawks is ya boy Tommy Wingels out of San Jose

menamino is up

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

It was between Tanev and Reilly, but ultimately, I wanted Tanev because he's so great defensively and he's already established. I think Rielly is a beast.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Aye Doc posted:

Furnaceface sent me his list and his #1 man for the Chicago Blackhawks is ya boy Tommy Wingels out of San Jose

menamino is up

I mean I like Tommy but way too soon

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Sweet, I didn't think he'd make it back to me but I'll take Johnny Boychuk

Boychuk owns and I gained a deeper appreciation for all he brings to a team after getting to watch him all year on the island. His fancy stats were near the top of the league and he and Leddy basically completely changed the dynamic of the back end for the islanders. He's 31, but he's a guy I wouldn't hesitate to play on a top pairing on any team and he and Giordano will be a sweet duo that can play in any situation.

so that leaves me with

Nash - Toews - Stone
- Brassard -

Giordano - Boychuk

stab is up next

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That's a deceptively great top pairing.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

mentholmoose posted:

Here's the Flyers now:

? - Little - ?

Vatanen-Rielly

Good lord that is some win-later D for a very win-now forward group.
I hope you manage to snag some old good dudes that can kludge a first-pairing together.

That said Voracek - Sedin - Kane is a line that will cycle the puck for a minute and a half so maybe it's not all that bad.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean with Voracek-Sedin-Kane, you pretty much just need the D to play the puck up to the forwards and nothing else.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

tofes posted:

I mean I like Tommy but way too soon

Taking a quick weather related break to phone post and say yeah I did this list in a hurry and he was just the first center that came to mind. No secret plot, stats, or reasoning behind it. Just a rushed pick. :shobon:

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Phone posting to select Evander Kane

Somebody post the money as phone pic please

Heres my team so far

Ovechkin - pavelski - foligno
Gaborik - spezza - kane

This team will definetely score more than the team i had last year! :)

Who needs d

Or goalies

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the Oilers take alexander steen, the sharks are up

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

fuuuuuuuuck, was really starting to think Kane would drop to me.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm so surprised Kane lasted this long.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

VJeff posted:

I'm so surprised Kane lasted this long.

He was on my board way back in the beginning of the 5th round, but man I couldn't pass up Goose.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kane owns but I think his drop was precipitated by his tendency to do things all by himself. It hurts his fancies

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

Furnaceface posted:

Taking a quick weather related break to phone post and say yeah I did this list in a hurry and he was just the first center that came to mind. No secret plot, stats, or reasoning behind it. Just a rushed pick. :shobon:

Bad news dude he doesn't play C in the NHL

Menamino posted:

Sweet, I didn't think he'd make it back to me but I'll take Johnny Boychuk

Boychuk owns and I gained a deeper appreciation for all he brings to a team after getting to watch him all year on the island. His fancy stats were near the top of the league and he and Leddy basically completely changed the dynamic of the back end for the islanders. He's 31, but he's a guy I wouldn't hesitate to play on a top pairing on any team and he and Giordano will be a sweet duo that can play in any situation.

so that leaves me with

Nash - Toews - Stone
- Brassard -

Giordano - Boychuk

stab is up next

Leddy is the guy who carries that pairing and I would definitely not put on the top pairing of any team (although in your case Gio can probably carry him pretty easily)

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

The Sharks select Reilly Smith who I know nothing about but he seems ok

Habibi is MIA so RC Cola is up.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

I thought so. Tanev is young, awesome, and D is thin, and SAS is kinda Canucks crazy about him.

Either way, I'm pleased to have the best defense in the league.

I would've taken him if I didn't already have a right handed defenceman. I'm quite happy with Chara though.

My team so far

XXX-Johansen-Sharp
XXX-Carter-XXX

Chara-Ekblad

Crawford

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

tofes posted:

The Sharks select Reilly Smith who I know nothing about but he seems ok

Habibi is MIA so RC Cola is up.

Uhhh. Storm knocked out power phone posting. Is Krug open still? If so I'll take him.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

tofes posted:

Bad news dude he doesn't play C in the NHL

Sure he does, but just like Burns your dumb GM has him play the wrong position. I intend to rectify that.

Im already grasping at straws stop making me try to justify it. :(

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

RC Cola posted:

Uhhh. Storm knocked out power phone posting. Is Krug open still? If so I'll take him.

He's yours and I believe T-Bone is up, where did Habibi go?

ThinkTank posted:

I would've taken him if I didn't already have a right handed defenceman. I'm quite happy with Chara though.

My team so far

XXX-Johansen-Sharp

Sharp on RW? Thats a dead giveaway for an Adam Oates team.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

eXXon posted:

He's yours and I believe T-Bone is up, where did Habibi go?

Sharp on RW? Thats a dead giveaway for an Adam Oates team.

Sweet. Phone write up. Krug rocks and is young and good and is a Bruin so even if their team sucks he has learned the way of the jackass and can help the rest of the team rack up a record breaking amount of penalty minutes and suspensions.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Danny DeKeyser

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

T-Bone posted:

Danny DeKeyser
DAMMIT

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Mike Hoffman - good young goal scorer. always need those

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ginette Reno posted:

Mike Hoffman - good young goal scorer. always need those

gently caress you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jordan7hm posted:

gently caress you.

He's been on my radar for a while. I figured this might be my last chance to get him

• Locked thread