Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Compared to other Irregulars we've heard about Baam's progress has been pretty relaxed.

Avulsion posted:

No matter how strong you are, there is (almost) always someone in the Tower who is stronger.

Unless you're the guy who is an actual god and became rank 1 right away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Hypocrisy posted:

Compared to other Irregulars we've heard about Baam's progress has been pretty relaxed.

Unless you're the guy who is an actual god and became rank 1 right away.

That's the (almost). Also SIU said that Phantaminum is probably not gonna ever actually appear in the story. Baam's journey is probably most like Zahard's, who we kind of assume is an Irregular because of how much he changed the Tower but I don't think that's confirmed/denied anywhere. The other Irregulars we know about were at the height of their power when they arrived, Baam was some kid who had no idea what the gently caress was going on.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
He was confirmed a regular in the blog posts I think. As are the heads of the 10 families

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-160/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=241

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Ugghhhh suspense :f5:

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-161/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=242

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Hypocrisy posted:

Didn't Mazino take 100 years to climb the tower? If so, I think Baam is more or less keeping pace with him.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Baam's climbing of the tower is at a pace for a reason.

The real question is whether or not the other irregulars have shinsoo manipulation to the level baam has in that it appears living. Baam's weird situation before he entered the tower and being the main story does suggest he might be a creation of the tower

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Jose posted:

The real question is whether or not the other irregulars have shinsoo manipulation to the level baam has in that it appears living. Baam's weird situation before he entered the tower and being the main story does suggest he might be a creation of the tower

I think that it was stated at some point that being able to manipulate shinsoo without a contract with a guardian is something typical to regulars. If anything is unique to Baam, I would assume that it's his ability to easy copy anything, including things not related to shinsoo.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Chapter 242 is up!

I'm thinking those guys are FUG agents. No one else in FUG seems to want Hoaqin back. Well, at least a significant faction of FUG doesn't want him back.

Ytlaya posted:

Didn't Mazino take 100 years to climb the tower? If so, I think Baam is more or less keeping pace with him.

I think so?

I was just thinking that the other irregulars we know of went straight to Zahard's palace or killed a Guardian. Compared to that, Baam's journey is pretty normal!

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Aug 3, 2015

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

real curious to see how they get handled, are we just going to see hoaqin showing off what a monster he is or instead see him on his back foot since he isn't complete and really seems to be getting built up kinda ridiculously as a threat

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

real curious to see how they get handled, are we just going to see hoaqin showing off what a monster he is or instead see him on his back foot since he isn't complete and really seems to be getting built up kinda ridiculously as a threat

Chang Blarode was constantly hyped up as a total badass and one of the top 5 E-rank regulars, on par with Ran or Koon. It was 200 chapters before we ever got to see him in an actual fight, and he was immediately kicked through the ceiling by Jinsung.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

^^^ Well, to be fair isn't Jinsung a total monster who is ranked in the top 100 or something?

Hypocrisy posted:

I was just thinking that the other irregulars we know of went straight to Zahard's palace or killed a Guardian. Compared to that, Baam's journey is pretty normal!

I don't think Enryu just appeared out of nowhere and suddenly killed a guardian. It doesn't seem to say anywhere how long he took to climb the tower, but there's no reason to think he hadn't already been there for 100+ years before killing the 43rd floor's guardian. Phantaminum is the only one that, at least from the descriptions given, sounds like he just appeared out of nowhere and attacked Zahard's palace.

Speaking of Phantaminum/Enryu, it seems kind of weird to me that Phantaminum is ranked #1 just for defeating a bunch of guards in Zahard's palace (who were all presumably weaker than Zahard himself), while Enyru is #2 despite killing a guardian, which is a completely unprecedented thing that not even the heads of the 10 families could accomplish.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Aug 3, 2015

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

Ytlaya posted:

^^^ Well, to be fair isn't Jinsung a total monster who is ranked in the top 100 or something?

I don't think Enryu just appeared out of nowhere and suddenly killed a guardian. It doesn't seem to say anywhere how long he took to climb the tower, but there's no reason to think he hadn't already been there for 100+ years before killing the 43rd floor's guardian. Phantaminum is the only one that, at least from the descriptions given, sounds like he just appeared out of nowhere and attacked Zahard's palace.

Speaking of Phantaminum/Enryu, it seems kind of weird to me that Phantaminum is ranked #1 just for defeating a bunch of guards in Zahard's palace (who were all presumably weaker than Zahard himself), while Enyru is #2 despite killing a guardian, which is a completely unprecedented thing that not even the heads of the 10 families could accomplish.

http://towerofgod.wikia.com/wiki/Axis_User
You literally can not defeat this dude unless you're a stronger version of what he is. that's why he's #1 currently. If the story he's creating says he's going to defeat you, then it's going to happen regardless of what you do. If i'm reading this right anyway.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

Brownieftw posted:

http://towerofgod.wikia.com/wiki/Axis_User
You literally can not defeat this dude unless you're a stronger version of what he is. that's why he's #1 currently. If the story he's creating says he's going to defeat you, then it's going to happen regardless of what you do. If i'm reading this right anyway.

Yes, but the people of the tower don't know that, including the person that decides the rankings.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Hirethor posted:

Yes, but the people of the tower don't know that, including the person that decides the rankings.

It doesn't make sense, his powers aren't really constrained by logic. If he wants to be the best at everything then he is, and everyone drat well knows it. His character class is Mary Sue, just roll your eyes and hope you never have to interact with him in any way.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

hes scary because they dont know anything about him like the blaiir withch project or the shark from jaws

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-162/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=243

Got some exciting progress in :)

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Was it mentioned that Hachuling would be helping Koon/them out or was that supposed to be a surprise? Either way, I like those little reminders that this bigshot Hoaquin guy is still completely outclassed by a ranker. I find it helps to put Tower of God in perspective if you imagine all the Regulars in the same way you would children in school; the strongest kid in 4th grade is still no match for an adult.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Ytlaya posted:

Was it mentioned that Hachuling would be helping Koon/them out or was that supposed to be a surprise? Either way, I like those little reminders that this bigshot Hoaquin guy is still completely outclassed by a ranker. I find it helps to put Tower of God in perspective if you imagine all the Regulars in the same way you would children in school; the strongest kid in 4th grade is still no match for an adult.

I don't think that was him. His skin is the wrong color, his face is the wrong shape, no gameboy, no ascot, and they still kept his identity hidden afterwards. It's someone new.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Megaman nooo! :(

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

On the last panel of the latest chapter, is Baam using that skill that Mule Love was using (with the shinsoo discs)?

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
He does use it a lot, but it looks more like some Lighthouse effect.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-163/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=244 So, how long until Rachel jumps in to drop Baam for the third time?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yo I fell out of this series a while back, does anyone know roughly what chapter I need to jump back in at if the last thing I remember is the previous game arc ending and the start of the current arc?

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.

Pierson posted:

Yo I fell out of this series a while back, does anyone know roughly what chapter I need to jump back in at if the last thing I remember is the previous game arc ending and the start of the current arc?

Season 2 Episode 108, or #188 in total

This whole series is game after game after game, but that particular chapter is after Reflejo dies and marks the end of the Workshop Arc.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Boom, that's it, thanks. :)

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Chapter 245

what the gently caress is even happening anymore (in a good way)

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Shugojin posted:

Chapter 245

what the gently caress is even happening anymore (in a good way)

One of those dudes is probably the dead girl.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Hoaqin eats souls, shits out clones?

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Might have to do with his soul being fragmented?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I get the impression that the conductor is with FUG.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-165/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=246

This tickles my fancy.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I'm actually a bit annoyed by the idea of another time skip, even if it's only a month. Or another month of training I guess. Either way, feels like we've not had that much time pass since we had that skip post-Workshop.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
I'm just glad we're getting to games again.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I kind of want Baam and Hauquin to go train hard for a month and meet back up only to find out the game is something like pick up sticks.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Is there a place in Tower where FUG doesn't have influence / people?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Bernardo Orel posted:

I'd wager a lot of rankers that aren't tied to the great families have their reasons to see the hierarchy in the Tower thrown into disarray. To get up the Tower, you must fight/murder a lot of people, so FUG being evil is no issue for most people.

BirchBeerFloat
Jul 26, 2013

Bernardo Orel posted:

I'd imagine that their influence ends (or at the very least severely declines) on the mid-top floors of the tower, where Zahard's control is more or less absolute. Even before that. they have very limited resources and need to be careful about direct confrontations, which means that it's likely that they only have major influence on key floors (like 2 and 20) and little elsewhere. We just end up seeing a disproportionate amount of FUG influence because the narrative focuses on those key floors and Baam is directly involved with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-166/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=247