Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Gothmog1065 posted:

Amazon still won't let me order the hardon, digital pass, or season pass for the Xbone. Is that part of the exclusivity deal?

Why would you buy digitally from Amazon? Just do it from the console.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
I don't see any versions other than the vanilla game for any console when I look on Amazon. But I do see them when I look at other sellers (Game.co.uk) but I don't want to order from them because they have an awful track record when it comes to pre-ordering anything.

edit: Welp, the Juggernog edition was a Game exclusive for the UK and they've sold out already. Looks like I'll never get one of those mini fridges unless I pay a ridiculous amount for the inevitable ebay rush.

FallinInTheBlak fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jul 13, 2015

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Funkmaster General posted:

Why would you buy digitally from Amazon? Just do it from the console.

I'm one of those weirdo fucktards who likes physical copies. Plus it seems like I got a $10 discount for being Prime.

quote:

I don't see any versions other than the vanilla game for any console when I look on Amazon
This is the US Link that I am using. You can only get the Collector's edition (SOLD OUT MY MINIFRIDGE!) and standard.

Gothmog1065 fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jul 13, 2015

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The Hardened Edition is Gamestop exclusive.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Gothmog1065 posted:

I'm one of those weirdo fucktards who likes physical copies.

I'm 1000% with you on this. You were asking specifically about season passes and digital copies, though...

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

I'm 1000% with you on this. You were asking specifically about season passes and digital copies, though...

I was just saying they weren't even available. I would get the hardened edition too, but I'm done giving GameStop my money.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Call me slowpokin', but after reading (no longer) spoilers, I just had to see the trailer. All I can say is that the amount of "I'm okay with this" is loving massive.

Side note: the grungy-looking poster that doesn't look outta place as either a thrash metal cd cover or something.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

This game will not support Xbone and Windows 10 cross play. :(

http://charlieintel.com/2015/07/19/black-ops-3-will-not-support-cross-platform-play-between-pc-windows-10-and-xbox-one/

Crushing controller users with my mouse and keyboard would've been awesome.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mill Village posted:

http://charlieintel.com/2015/07/19/black-ops-3-will-not-support-cross-platform-play-between-pc-windows-10-and-xbox-one/

I do not understand the obsession people have with crossplay between console and pc.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Mill Village posted:

Can't you just buy a Xim and play on Xbone?

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Fibby Boy posted:

I do not understand the obsession people have with crossplay between console and pc.

Or why someone asks about cross platform play in every thread for every game, always with the expectation that it IS supported, even though only like 5 games have ever done it.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
Funny y'all should be talking about kb/m. https://mobile.twitter.com/XboxP3/status/623516307137269760

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Knowing MS, their keyboard and mouse support will have a long way to go before it can compete with the Xim. :smug:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Or why someone asks about cross platform play in every thread for every game, always with the expectation that it IS supported, even though only like 5 games have ever done it.

tbf a lot of ps4 games are coming out with cross play with pc now, just dont expect any FPS to ever be included in that.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Nighthand posted:

It's me, I'm the guy with the AW season pass and only the first pack installed, and I've only played 1-2 of those maps.

It's crazy how quick these games can die off, like, I actually had a ton of fun in AW for a while, but I got bored of running around XMGing everyone forever, but as soon as I started trying to use other weapons I just stopped playing.

They make it extraordinarily difficult to play them on release, considering they're confined in their own playlist for months. I still haven't played all the DLC maps because they haven't stopped that idiotic practice yet, even though they promised they would.

Everyone quit this game pretty quick, and I was trying to motivate myself to keep playing. First, I was trying to keep myself interested by getting the 500 kills challenge with each weapon, but as soon as I exhausted everything but sniper rifles, I lost any will to keep doing that. Then I tried to keep myself interested by trying to reach prestige master, until they added a fuckton of more prestiges, and I lost any will to keep doing that. And since the DLC maps were locked away in their separate playlist, I couldn't even stay interested with new maps. I'll probably play zombies a bit more when the final DLC pack comes out, but that's pretty much it for me and AW. If Black Ops 3 is just as good as Black Ops 2, I see myself playing that a lot more.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
If wishes were fishes, we'd all cast nets.

Unless they announce a fundamental change dealing with map packs splitting the player base, count me out. I'll spend that money on something relatively new, like Battlefront 3 and Titanfall 2.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I feel like COD: ASM1W died so quick because there's basically two guns worth using in the game. I booted it up this weekend and played a little, and that still seems to be true.

Scuzzywuffit
Feb 5, 2012

sba posted:

I feel like COD: ASM1W died so quick because there's basically two guns worth using in the game. I booted it up this weekend and played a little, and that still seems to be true.

You're not wrong. I feel like weapon balance has been an issue in every Call of Duty since MW2; all the guns in each category feel basically the same to shoot, but one has slightly better numbers so it's the only one worth using.

I will probably buy this game anyway because I miss CoD goons and am dumb.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Black Ops 2 had pretty good gun balance. It wasn't perfect, AN-94, M8A1 and MSMC were god tier, but you could pick up basically any gun in the game (except the Executioner or that lovely full auto shotgun) and do well with it. I think BO2's high TTK had a lot to do with this.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
Diamond executioner crew represent.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

Black Ops 2 had pretty good gun balance. It wasn't perfect, AN-94, M8A1 and MSMC were god tier, but you could pick up basically any gun in the game (except the Executioner or that lovely full auto shotgun) and do well with it. I think BO2's high TTK had a lot to do with this.

Hey. Hey. Hey. gently caress you. All the shotguns were amazing and the executioner loving owned. Not my fault you didn't understand them.

beaner69 posted:

Diamond executioner crew represent.

:smug::hf::smug:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

VJeff posted:

The 870 was the best gun, because it was the only one that would work with BLOPS 2's God awfully lovely netcode, that took 8 months to only mostly fix.

God I miss that thing. :nyoron:

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Mister Macys posted:

If wishes were fishes, we'd all cast nets.

Unless they announce a fundamental change dealing with map packs splitting the player base, count me out. I'll spend that money on something relatively new, like Battlefront 3 and Titanfall 2.

The good news is that Treyarch is the one company that adds new map packs to the entire rotation in addition to showcasing it in its own playlist, rather than just have them in one playlist. Hopefully they continue this practice.

VJeff posted:

The guns should be more like in BLOPS 2, since this game is a sequel. If we're lucky, we'll get the return of all the guns we like and improvements or replacements for the ones we hated.

Zapper
Mar 14, 2006

Zap!

Gordon Shumway posted:

The good news is that Treyarch is the one company that adds new map packs to the entire rotation in addition to showcasing it in its own playlist, rather than just have them in one playlist. Hopefully they continue this practice.

The guns should be more like in BLOPS 2, since this game is a sequel. If we're lucky, we'll get the return of all the guns we like and improvements or replacements for the ones we hated.

But there is always that one goon that doesn't have the map... Buying the game not sure about the season pass yet.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Zapper posted:

But there is always that one goon that doesn't have the map... Buying the game not sure about the season pass yet.

If we run into this problem when the DLC comes out, it will at least mean that goons are still playing together two weeks after the game's release.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.
It not like people are unforgiving when someone else says "hey I wanna play some of the new maps."

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

Mister Macys posted:

The 870 was the best gun, because it was the only one that would work with BLOPS 2's God awfully lovely netcode, that took 8 months to only mostly fix.

God I miss that thing. :nyoron:

I hope Bloops 3 has better netcode since they've had a longer dev cycle thanks to Sledgehammer joining the CoD stable of devs.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Fibby Boy posted:

Hey. Hey. Hey. gently caress you. All the shotguns were amazing and the executioner loving owned. Not my fault you didn't understand them.

:smug::hf::smug:

I loving love the Remington and the KSG (favorite CoD weapons ever, cross-mapping people with the KSG never got old), but the Saiga and that other full-auto shotgun just didn't do anything for me.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

VJeff posted:

I loving love the Remington and the KSG (favorite CoD weapons ever, cross-mapping people with the KSG never got old), but the Saiga and that other full-auto shotgun just didn't do anything for me.

There is nothing better than getting final kill cam OHK's on people across the map in hardcore with the KSG.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I didn't use the KSG because I'm bad at aiming, however Remington on nukeboat was glorious.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

SubponticatePoster posted:

I didn't use the KSG because I'm bad at aiming, however Remington on nukeboat was glorious.

Like playing Doom. :hfive:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

Man I ran all over people with a silenced M1216 on Raid. Soon as you got into the enemy house there was nothing they could do against you unless they just rushed you with everything they had.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

RangerAce posted:

I hope Bloops 3 has better netcode since they've had a longer dev cycle thanks to Sledgehammer joining the CoD stable of devs.

It will have worse netcode, and take a month of patches and hotfixes to get it working 95% of the time.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Every year I think "I probably won't get CoD this year" and then I do and every year it falls off a little sooner. I miss big goon groups, if people don't get this is any dumb shooter on the radar? Battlefront?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

SubponticatePoster posted:

is any dumb shooter on the radar?

Homefront 2 :downsrim: :lol::lol:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

You can't have big groups in DICE games, unfortunately. You can only have squads of 5 people.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Man, remember when that Raven dev used to post here back when Ghosts was relevant? It was cool to get a developer perspective on the game that wasn't filtered through the PR machine. I guess we scared him off? :shrug: Anyway, I preordered this game for both consoles for a whole 10 days of beta access. #ShameThePoors (I'll cancel the order when I get the beta code).

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mill Village posted:

You can't have big groups in DICE games, unfortunately. You can only have squads of 5 people.

poo poo getting 5 goons together for a DICE game is a triumph in and of itself.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Javes posted:

Man, remember when that Raven dev used to post here back when Ghosts was relevant? It was cool to get a developer perspective on the game that wasn't filtered through the PR machine. I guess we scared him off? :shrug: Anyway, I preordered this game for both consoles for a whole 10 days of beta access. #ShameThePoors (I'll cancel the order when I get the beta code).

Last I heard Raven got stuck with COD Online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
So, last year, I got A&W on PS4, and then refunded it and got it on Xbox One, since a few of my IRL friends were on that, and I thought it would have more people than PS4. Then we all regretted that and my IRL friends dropped off and I got the PS4 version but everyone had dropped out on PS4 by that point.

This year I'm just going to get the PS4 version and stick with that. I think I already have a bunch of you guys on my friends list, so whee. :smithicide:

• Locked thread