Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I don't know how to read music but this looks like a cruel joke. Why the gently caress would you do this to yourself?

I DO know how to read music, and this is clearly a cruel joke.

But to be fair, I only played brass instruments where there's just one note at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

In Europe on holidays, I picked up a couple pairs of earrings

These are really nice labradorite earrings I got in Amsterdam. They have a lot of blue flash, and labradorite is one of my favorite gems.

These guys are just cute cheap glass earrings, but I found them before the labradorite ones.

These I picked up at the famous Bristol Blue Glass shop. They let us watch their glass blowers work and it was amazing. Those guys blow out vases and bowls like it's nothing.

wasp_f15ing
Feb 27, 2004

For once you must try not to shirk the facts: mankind is kept alive by bestial acts

I'm Afraid Dave..

Purchased from Nakatomi Inc.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Is that who owns Nakatomi Tower?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I was planning to get a new TV but feel in love with this sexy thing and got it instead

Gretsch G5440LS

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Drogadon posted:

I was planning to get a new TV but feel in love with this sexy thing and got it instead

Gretsch G5440LS

:swoon: that's gorgeous.

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!

Can't tell in the image much but the middle of the band is white porcelain. I also got it in rose gold finish.

Fave band

Converse Chuck II's. Absolutely worth it for the Nike Lunarlon sole since I do a lot of walking and original style chucks killed my feet.

It's my birthday and I'll buy if I want to :toot:

Bruxism
Apr 29, 2009

Absolutely not anxious about anything.

Bleak Gremlin

Did you buy this online? Having trouble finding this model in stock anywhere.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

Aristophanes posted:

Converse Chuck II's. Absolutely worth it for the Nike Lunarlon sole since I do a lot of walking and original style chucks killed my feet.

It's my birthday and I'll buy if I want to :toot:

:chanpop:

I didn't even know these existed. Ordered the black ones. Chucks are my all time favorite shoe. I've become so used to them, all other shoes feel weird.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Drogadon posted:

Gretsch G5440LS

Throw out your old TV and play when you seek entertainment. Cutting the (TV) cable was the best thing I ever did in life.
Of course, now we have youtube, but at least I am no longer watching commercial interrupted garbage anymore.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Keetron posted:

And finally, a year pass for the whole family to the zoo

What enchanted zoo is that and can I be a part of your family?

Echeveria posted:

In Europe on holidays, I picked up a couple pairs of earrings

These are really nice labradorite earrings I got in Amsterdam. They have a lot of blue flash, and labradorite is one of my favorite gems.

These guys are just cute cheap glass earrings, but I found them before the labradorite ones.

These I picked up at the famous Bristol Blue Glass shop. They let us watch their glass blowers work and it was amazing. Those guys blow out vases and bowls like it's nothing.
I don't even own holey ears and I love all these, especially the blue glass spheres.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

kinmik posted:

Looks like Artis, a zoo in Amsterdam. I'm really jealous, too.

All I bought was some 1x8's and sandpaper so I could install some shelving.

gypsycabdriver
Apr 19, 2007

Bruxism posted:

Did you buy this online? Having trouble finding this model in stock anywhere.
I didn't, bought off a coworker

Karl Hungus
Sep 28, 2001
Mine dispatcher says there's something wrong mitt deine kable.
Nap Ghost

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

I keep looking for Wayne Gretzky's balls in this photo.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I bought posters!

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
When I got my law license in Texas, the first thing I was asked to do was draft a gun trust.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

kinmik posted:

I don't even own holey ears and I love all these, especially the blue glass spheres.

I've had stretched lobes for the last 15 years. Last year I had them stitched shut, so I have to build up my earring collection.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

Whats up NOVA Firearms buddy, I bought my last Glock there. Good little shop.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Sappo569 posted:

It was the most recommended case in PC Building/Upgrading/Parts-picking Megathread

I should have it tomorrow, excited to unbox !

How many annoying little connectors are there to hook up from the case to the motherboard nowadays?

I've been looking to do a major upgrade of my system because it's over 10 years old now and slowly dying. Hell, it's just slow. But I remember how much of a nightmare it was to connect all the lovely tiny cables to the motherboard.

EDIT: went looking for pics to illustrate what I was trying to say and found out they actually label the loving things now.

Goddamn, where was this poo poo ten years ago? I bet you don't even have to mess about with tweezers and jumpers.

If they're gonna go ahead and actually put labels on poo poo, even I can manage to chunk together a system.

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 16:19 on Aug 2, 2015

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Gorilla Salad posted:

How many annoying little connectors are there to hook up from the case to the motherboard nowadays?

I've been looking to major upgrade of my system because it's over 10 years old now and slowly dying. Hell, it's just slow. But I remember how much of a nightmare it was to connect all the lovely tiny cables to the motherboard.

EDIT: went looking for pics to illustrate what I was trying to say and found out they actually label the loving things now.

Goddamn, where was this poo poo ten years ago? I bet you don't even have to mess about with tweezers and jumpers.

If they're gonna go ahead and actually put labels on poo poo, even I can manage to chunk together a system.

I think mine was even hooked together, but it's been ages. I think they're all standard pretty much.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
It's mostly standard now. To further improve things some manufacturers provide a header with the mother board that you plug all the tiny connectors into, and then plug the header into the mobo. That way you don't have to fiddle with that poo poo inside the case if you don't want to.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

SpartanIV posted:

It's mostly standard now. To further improve things some manufacturers provide a header with the mother board that you plug all the tiny connectors into, and then plug the header into the mobo. That way you don't have to fiddle with that poo poo inside the case if you don't want to.

That was it, I knew it was something like that. Yeah building a computer has been made less annoying with stuff like that and SATA and modular PSUs.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

I remember them being labeled in 2005 and earlier.

Rond
Mar 2, 2015
Bought Rocket League few days ago. It's so much fun, especially if you play with some friends, you can have great laugh, and time flies !

If you want a fun game, easy to play - hard to master, this is the game for you.

david duchovny
Dec 25, 2009

Trying a new blend. I've got a rolling machine but I still can't get them quite right; it probably doesn't help that I bought the cheapest roller available.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Gorilla Salad posted:

I've been looking to do a major upgrade of my system because it's over 10 years old now and slowly dying. Hell, it's just slow. But I remember how much of a nightmare it was to connect all the lovely tiny cables to the motherboard.

Alot of the ASUS motherboards come with this so you can get the fiddly stuff done outside of the case too

efb

Astrobastard has a new favorite as of 18:18 on Aug 2, 2015

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Drogadon posted:

Gretsch G5440LS

This is the best, you're the best.

Katyiah
Aug 10, 2009
Ask me why I'm not running.
Bought some new bedlinen because I am pretending to be an adult

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.

I guess I play racquetball now. Now I just need to learn how to actually hit the ball and not flail away at any given chance.

El Duderino
Mar 28, 2003

If you're not into that whole brevity thing..

Tulip Candy posted:

I guess I play racquetball now. Now I just need to learn how to actually hit the ball and not flail away at any given chance.

Don't be dumb like me and see how long you can go without wearing the lame eye protection... Thankfully for me the ball wasnt hit full speed. Did take one in the ear full speed, was odd being deaf in one ear for a few hours!

I just got a new gym membership and they have courts but I can't seem to connect with people to play with, definitely miss it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Tulip Candy posted:

at first glance i thought it was a swastika on the strings

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.

El Duderino posted:

Don't be dumb like me and see how long you can go without wearing the lame eye protection... Thankfully for me the ball wasnt hit full speed. Did take one in the ear full speed, was odd being deaf in one ear for a few hours!

I just got a new gym membership and they have courts but I can't seem to connect with people to play with, definitely miss it.

I didn't wear any since I wear normal prescription ones and layering them didn't really work out, but my friend did get hit right on the eye twice today. Thankfully he was wearing some!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Like many others, I bought Rocket League. it is absolutely worth the money.

I love how you unlock one cosmetic item per match even if you lose and which one you get is random. It really alleviates seeing the same cars all the time until you get into the top league.
Right now my car is electric yellow and pink, wears a mariachi hat and shits rainbows when I turbo.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

El Duderino posted:

Yep, get eyewear. It took a ball square to the eye to convince me that I needed them. I turned around to look at my friend's shot and it came square at my face.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Tulip Candy posted:

Unlike tennis, it's all in the wrist.

Also, develop an almost-3-wall-serve. It'll win you a lot of games.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

colas posted:

I remember them being labeled in 2005 and earlier.

The first ATX form factor case I used in 1998 had them labeled like that. Although it was a decent case. I know the case I got in 2003 had every single pin from the front USB ports labeled individually, and damned if I was going to bother hooking all those up.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

davebo posted:

The first ATX form factor case I used in 1998 had them labeled like that. Although it was a decent case. I know the case I got in 2003 had every single pin from the front USB ports labeled individually, and damned if I was going to bother hooking all those up.

Thank gently caress the usb3 spec defined a proper header connector this time around.

That said. My front ports don't seem to work right because some retard thought it'd be a good idea to put the front ports on the 3rd party USB chip that's inevitably poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

kinmik posted:

It is Artis in Amsterdam and for those jealous, I paid 200 Euro total for the passes because a one time visit with the six of us would accumulate to 100 euro. Going twice is already breaking even.
That said, there is place for one more as I need to buy a 7 seater car anyway (6 seaters are rare over here). Stupid screwed up car market will have me pay 10K for a mini-van / MPV type of car that has a 100K km and is 6 years old.