Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

I haven't seen Ant-Man, but there are some screencaps floating around of a diorama in the movie that includes a replica of the "center for ants" from Zoolander. Zoolander doesn't work for everyone, but as far as cultural touchstones go it's got some significance.

Edit: Here you go

Hahaha holy gently caress :vince: I saw both movies and I never would've caught that had I not seen this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

ixnay posted:

It's not real though because someone photoshopped the ant-man thing into the zoolander screencap, and it actually looks like this

Skizzzer
Sep 27, 2011
dammit ixnay

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

I kept waiting for it to say "john MADDEN!"

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Old School was another good comedy around 2000 that hasn't gotten a sequel.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

effectual posted:

Old School was another good comedy around 2000 that hasn't gotten a sequel.

Old School is another one of those movies that I will watch whenever it's on TV and will probably always find funny due to nostalgia and how much I associate it with being a dumb 19 year old, but I sincerely hope they never make a direct sequel. We got a spiritual successor in Wedding Crashers, and probably one that's better than we deserve.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

I haven't seen Ant-Man, but there are some screencaps floating around of a diorama in the movie that includes a replica of the "center for ants" from Zoolander. Zoolander doesn't work for everyone, but as far as cultural touchstones go it's got some significance.

Edit: Here you go

That's loving insane for me I only watched zoolander once but when that scene came up in Antman I thought to myself that it reminded me of that replica in zoolander :psyduck:

Edit:lol whoops nvm. It still did mainly because the "center for kids who can't read good" bit plays in my head for little models like that.

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Aug 3, 2015

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

That's a really bad Photoshop guys.

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

I took a walk. And threw up in an English garden.
ixnay the un-fay.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

PriorMarcus posted:

That's a really bad Photoshop guys.
It doesn't pass a second viewing, but on first glance it had me fooled.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Rougey posted:

It doesn't pass a second viewing, but on first glance it had me fooled.

I wasn't fooled, even on the first viewing.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I still believe it to be true, and in fact think the gif is the 'shop.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It's too good of an idea to not be true.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Wandle Cax posted:

I wasn't fooled, even on the first viewing.

Whoa, someone get this guy a medal!

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
It's the pixels you see

No seriously that one was really obvious.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
As Someone's who's name is Derek, Zoolander is something I got quote's on quotes on quotes said at me constantly.

I hate that stupid movie oddly enough.

Hahahaha Deri lick my balls

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

I think Mugatu is Will Ferrell's best role so I'm looking forward to the movie if only for that.

And I still find myself quoting "That Hansel's so hot right now" at completely inappropriate moments.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Cacator posted:

I think Mugatu is Will Ferrell's best role so I'm looking forward to the movie if only for that.

And I still find myself quoting "That Hansel's so hot right now" at completely inappropriate moments.

that or "But why male models?" when asked if I have any questions.

Also it makes me legit annoyed that DZ turns left while he's in costume as the janitor.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It 's the Deadpool trailer trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUKhgExMSbI

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It opens with an "in a world" joke that hasn't been relevant for more than a decade.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The movie "looks" good but everything Deapoll has said is just loving terrible. It's Joe Dirt 2 levels of bad and that one had a "deal with/thug life" joke in the loving movie. With the lovely 8-bit glasses dropping down and all.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Finally the Ted 2 of superhero movies.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Supercar Gautier posted:

It opens with an "in a world" joke that hasn't been relevant for more than a decade.

although, to be fair, In A World... built an entire movie out of an "in a world" joke that hasn't been relevant for more than a decade, and that movie owned

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I don't think Deadpool seems like it will be good but I do think I'll probably end up having to see it anyways since the entire movie seems like bait for a couple of my idiot friends.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Let's not forget this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQRtuxdfQHw

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

this clip was pretty painful but i'll be honest, just about every part of the comic con footage really worked for me.

it's funny how, to me anyway, the X-Men side of things now feels like the only superhero franchises that really knows what it's doing. Marvel Studios poo poo sucks, DC poo poo sucks, but Days of Future Past was great, Apocalypse looks great, The Wolverine was okay, Deadpool looks (to me) promising and also feels like the first really risk-taking superhero movie since Blade.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Supercar Gautier posted:

But then continues by saying how stupid FOX were with Wolverine: Origins. I think it hits exactly the right note of snarky fourth-wall breaking.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Jedit posted:

snarky fourth-wall breaking.

The three most headache inducing words smashed together. Thanks Deadpool!

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
My favorite snarky fourth-wall breaking character is Matthew Lesko

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I have no familiarity with Deadpool at all but everything about it looks like terrible nerd pandering crap.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
hehe, see it's stupid pandering crap but it's self-aware! :holy:

bullet3
Nov 8, 2011
It's remarkable to me how many chances Ryan Reynolds has been given after repeatedly sucking for over a decade. Usually the Sam Worthington/Taylor Kitch's of the world disappear after 5 or so years of failure

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

FCKGW posted:

I have no familiarity with Deadpool at all but everything about it looks like terrible nerd pandering crap.

So you do have familiarity with Deadpool

Still the best voice over guy and a great trailer to boot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVDzuT0fXro

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Aug 4, 2015

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Deadpool can make for good stories. poo poo like the good, the bad, and the ugly arc in which he, wolverine, and captain America end up in North Korea dealing with a hosed up scientist who has been tormenting Deadpool for years is super good.

He was mostly good throughout X-Force were he managed to be wacky while also grounded enough to be count upon and also a really good mentor to Evan (a clone of apocalypse raised to be good).

The 100% wacky chimichanga bullshit Deadpool is terrible and the fact that the marking is leaning heavy on it loving sucks.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

bullet3 posted:

It's remarkable to me how many chances Ryan Reynolds has been given after repeatedly sucking for over a decade. Usually the Sam Worthington/Taylor Kitch's of the world disappear after 5 or so years of failure

Pretty sure this is my fault. I've seen every movie he's been in.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

FCKGW posted:

Congrats you are now familiar with Deadpool.

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

bullet3 posted:

I really liked "The Voices". Maybe he needs to stay away from blockbusters and stick to lower budget stuff.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

All the comic book reading CineD posters said that the script they are using for the movie (the one leaked in 2010) is based on the good Deadpool comics and not the bad ones. This is probably just the marketing catering to usual fans of Deadpool.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

FCKGW posted:

At his best Deadpool breaks down like this:

40% Wolverine
15% Spider-Man
15% Punisher
10% The Joker
15% 4th Wall/Lolsorandom humor

If I hadn't actually read and followed Deadpool's long and slow climb to popularity I'd swear he was the result of some think-tank operation to make the most insufferable nerd-pandering crap imaginable, and I say that as someone who likes the character on occasion.

mind the walrus fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Aug 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

bullet3 posted:

I've never been a fan of Reynolds but he does seem to have a personality and sense of humor/self-awareness that Worthington and co. lack completely.

• Locked thread