Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Tremendous Taste posted:

Perhaps but when it comes down to "something I disagree with/feel differently about" it's kinda a pointless title

I meant more in the sense of saying things to get a reaction and raise people's hackles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Tremendous Taste posted:

In the case of clarification though one can simply exist, floating along without purpose or accomplishment, without needing to die

Can I have this without having to write 18,000 words about Final Fantasy?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

EXAKT Science posted:

I meant more in the sense of saying things to get a reaction and raise people's hackles.

I didn't think people would get raised hackles about this tbh

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Can I have this without having to write 18,000 words about Final Fantasy?

Follow my lead~

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

My favorite final fantasy game was discworld.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Definitive proof that Taste is an unredeemable troll:

He just told me Metroid Fusion > Symphony of the Night > Super Metroid

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Pinterest Mom posted:

Super Metroid is better than SotN, but otherwise accurate.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm making a list and you just got put at number 2 on it.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Pinterest Mom posted:

This is accurate.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The best metroidvania game is playing an anime dating game instead.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm going to trap Pinterest mom in an upside down house until he appreciates sotn

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Super Metroid is a bummer, I beat it the day I started playing it.

Metroid Fusion is probably my favorite handheld game of all time.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'm going to trap Pinterest mom in an upside down house until he appreciates sotn

Agreed.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Sotn is the poo poo. But the only metroid i ever played was the original nes one.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'm making a list and you just got put at number 2 on it.

Not my fault the SNES has a bad controller :shrug:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

BottleKnight posted:

Super Metroid is a bummer, I beat it the day I started playing it.

Metroid Fusion is probably my favorite handheld game of all time.

Metroid Fusion is sooooooo goooooooood

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Anime dating games you can date an anime and an anime will fall in love with you because you remember their blood type.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

EXAKT Science posted:

Not my fault the SNES has a bad controller :shrug:

say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat??????

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CCKeane posted:

Anime dating games you can date an anime and an anime will fall in love with you because you remember their blood type.

If you set up some situations irl this can work too

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

JakeP posted:

say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat??????

I always thought the face buttons were awkward

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Granted, I never owned an SNES, so I didn't get a ton of practice with it, but whenever I played to controller always felt uncomfortable.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

If you set up some situations irl this can work too

It is good if you say "Oh I remember, half of your blood is orc. You are a half-orc!"

Half orcs are good people.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

CCKeane posted:

It is good if you say "Oh I remember, half of your blood is orc. You are a half-orc!"

Half orcs are good people.

:agreed:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
One of my favorite things about Pathfinder was how they made half-orcs not suck.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EXAKT Science posted:

One of my favorite things about Pathfinder was how they made half-orcs not suck.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

How can you have humans boning orcs and getting half-orcs, humans boning elves and getting half-elves, but not elves boning orcs to get ercs? The whole half-X thing is never thought out at all.

And when it is thought out, the writeup is by someone who you know is always thinking quietly "FATAL didn't go far enough"

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Ok list your nerdiest stuff you do...

I played D&D until my late teens.
I played MUDs from my early teens to my late 20s.
I played Eve, Battlefield 2 and Counterstrike throughout my mid to late 20s.
I do a monthly board game night.

I'm sure I got one or two other things but that's what sticks.

I have friends that know this well and other friends where I pretend I'm cool all the time that don't know this, except maybe board game night.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I wrote a 17k word review of metroid fusion

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I play video games.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I have slept at the houses of four friends I met online.

excluding grindr :ssh:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I post here

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Tremendous Taste posted:

I wrote a 17k word review of metroid fusion

dude you are 1k away from not deserving life.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
In other news I just read an article about fair food and there exists.....

Bacon wrapped pork belly......

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Runaktla posted:

I have friends that know this well and other friends where I pretend I'm cool all the time that don't know this, except maybe board game night.

Nerdiest stuff?

I am an engineer.

I still play D&D and collect RPG manuals, and I used to play chess competitively (albeit poorly).

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Runaktla posted:

Check, also still play. I have a weekly online game and a twice a month in person game. The online game switches systems frequently and we are doing dungeon world now, but the in person game is 5 edition straight up.

Runaktla posted:

Check.

Runaktla posted:

Played WoW far too long, but still less long than a lot.

Runaktla posted:

Mine is a bit more ad hoc than a planned monthly thing, but I probably get together with friends to play boardgames 2-3 times a month.

Runaktla posted:

Also I play Magic: The Gathering.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Oh nerdiest things, well I will not deny I am an unashamed full on nerd.

I own obscure rpg manuals, play in two pathfinder games a week, play video games daily.

I play minecraft.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I play video games.

I've made a career out of selling video games.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Runaktla posted:

My nerdiest thing is probably how seriously I treat refereeing sports. I participate in message boards to discuss games and I have unironically made an effort to watch specific games more because "I wonder how the referee is going to handle this one" than any interest in the teams involved. The day my wife hits six figures is the day I leave my corporate job to focus on my future refereeing career (only half joking).

In the more typical nerd stuff, I studied engineering in college, I try to hold regular board game nights for "heavier" board games, I went to every Magic the Gathering pre-release that happened while I was in high school (complete with the sleepover the night before at my friends house cause his dad had a mini van that could pack all of us in to take us that morning), and I spend way too much time playing management games like Football Manager or Out of the Park baseball. They are more spreadsheet than actual video game but they match my want to optimize pretty well, although I am terrible at them.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Anyone that enjoys a final fantasy game deserves scorn and/or death. Gas this thread imo

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

busb posted:

Anyone that enjoys a final fantasy game deserves scorn and/or death. Gas this thread imo

i say why stop there? anyone who enjoys games should be shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

chaoslord posted:

My nerdiest thing is probably how seriously I treat refereeing sports. I participate in message boards to discuss games and I have unironically made an effort to watch specific games more because "I wonder how the referee is going to handle this one" than any interest in the teams involved. The day my wife hits six figures is the day I leave my corporate job to focus on my future refereeing career (only half joking).

In the more typical nerd stuff, I studied engineering in college, I try to hold regular board game nights for "heavier" board games, I went to every Magic the Gathering pre-release that happened while I was in high school (complete with the sleepover the night before at my friends house cause his dad had a mini van that could pack all of us in to take us that morning), and I spend way too much time playing management games like Football Manager or Out of the Park baseball. They are more spreadsheet than actual video game but they match my want to optimize pretty well, although I am terrible at them.

I've umpped softball games and reffed dodgeball games, and reffing dodgeball is easily one of the most challenging things I have done. Watch some games online and be blown away!