Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Is he now? Well I've not seen him, and in any case, the cards for him probably aren't supposed to still be in the booster packs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Except that 2k is not involved with Immortals, Netherrealm Studios is. If Hogan is replaced/removed, it won't be until the next major update in at least 2 weeks.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

sticklefifer posted:

WWE always goes with the wrong format or outdated brand to bandwagon onto, like Tout or Tapout. So it's more likely we'd see 2k and Sega co-publish WWE vs Eternal Champions.

I legitimately want this, though (I was a Sega kid growing up and Eternal Champions was rad as hell)

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

:saddowns:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Liar Lyre posted:

Except that 2k is not involved with Immortals, Netherrealm Studios is. If Hogan is replaced/removed, it won't be until the next major update in at least 2 weeks.
Hogan to be replaced with Scorpion.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

TheJoker138 posted:

That video is amazing, but putting a robotic killing machine into a wrestling game is still real dumb.

And get that stupid zombie cowboy out while you're at it

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Doc Morbid posted:

Hogan to be replaced with Black Scorpion.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

TheJoker138 posted:

That video is amazing, but putting a robotic killing machine into a wrestling game is still real dumb.

I'd like to return to this comment and point out WCW Nitro on Playstation let you play as a bear, a ghost, a literal representation of anime, a skeleton, Santa Claus, a t-rex, and a loving wasp.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Thunder had even more of those gag characters. It ruled.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
You could go use a disco themed arena and doing a taunt made everyone do the YMCA.

GB888
Jan 28, 2004

The GB stands for "Great Boobs".
I can't remember if it was Nitro or Thunder, but one of them let you play as Mean Gene, who would powerbomb everyone and yell out "This is MY house!". That game ruled.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

If they were putting in a bunch of gag characters, that would be cool. But instead they're putting in a Terminator as cross promotion for a lovely movie that everyone has already forgotten about, instead of just putting in Arnold which would at least make some amount of sense.

Like yes, Mark Calloway is an actor playing a zombie biker cult leader cowboy with magic lightning powers, but that still feels different to me than putting in an Arnold character instead of just Arnold.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

TheJoker138 posted:

Like yes, Mark Calloway is an actor playing a zombie biker cult leader cowboy with magic lightning powers

You forgot MMA enthusiast.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

sticklefifer posted:

You forgot MMA enthusiast.

'best pure striker in the business' is way less believable than actual zombie-man

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

TheJoker138 posted:

If they were putting in a bunch of gag characters, that would be cool. But instead they're putting in a Terminator as cross promotion for a lovely movie that everyone has already forgotten about, instead of just putting in Arnold which would at least make some amount of sense.

Like yes, Mark Calloway is an actor playing a zombie biker cult leader cowboy with magic lightning powers, but that still feels different to me than putting in an Arnold character instead of just Arnold.

Just out of curiosity regarding the boundaries of your opinion, would Arnold as Conan be any better? Or how about just "Arnold 40 years ago"?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I created a pumping Iron era Arnold for WWE 2013. Give us that and he fits right into a wrestling game, as is. Plus they get some use out of that flexing tech they put in some years back.
Give him an entrance t shirt and put him in his body building attire, he looks no more out of place than the Von Erich who wrestled shoe-less.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Aug 3, 2015

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I want Jingle all the Way Arnold

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

remusclaw posted:

I created a pumping Iron era Arnold for WWE 2013. Give us that and he fits right into a wrestling game, as is. Plus they get some use out of that flexing tech they put in some years back.
Give him an entrance t shirt and put him in his body building attire, he looks no more out of place than the Von Erich who wrestled shoe-less.

Cutscenes of Arnie smoking a joint and cutting promos about Brazilian girls' asses.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I hope there aren't any restrictions on editing the Terminator's attire, because if not someone will make Pumping Iron Arnold, Conan the Barbarian, and Turbo-Man within like a day of the game's release.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Perfect recreation of the 70's and 80's locker room environment.

E: It will suck if hes old guy Arnold in face and body.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Blast Fantasto posted:

I hope there aren't any restrictions on editing the Terminator's attire, because if not someone will make Pumping Iron Arnold, Conan the Barbarian, and Turbo-Man within like a day of the game's release.

They're probably not going to do it because I'm sure they'd have to re-rate the game M but what would make this even more amazing is if they have "realistic battle damage!" where instead of blading, Arnold's skin peels off to reveal the robot underneath.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

It's playability as the Terminator from the first 2 (aka only good) films, so at least it's not all bad

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

It's playability as the Terminator from the first 2 (aka only good) films, so at least it's not all bad

Tech Noir outfit or GTFO

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I just wonder what his finisher will be. My guess is they just give him Bikertaker's move set

Delsaber posted:

I figured that 2K is still working out how to handle the Hogan situation in Immortals and Supercard.

The answer is to replace all Hogans with Pipers, of course.

Replace one racist with another

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'd be totally fine with just a version of Arnold himself that is the ideal Arnold. How he looked in Terminator or T2, but just like...call him Arnold.

The only way I support this is if they go full retard with it. I want him to appear, with the music playing, in a ball of lighting in the ring, and then cut to Booker T in a garbage truck going "what the hell?" And if parts of his skin don't fall of as he takes damage, so that if you get everything on him in the red he's just a robot skeleton, it's not even worth doing. Like if you don't do all that why even bother calling him "Terminator" in the first place?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Nut Bunnies posted:

I just wonder what his finisher will be. My guess is they just give him Bikertaker's move set

The stomachpunch he does to the biker at the start of the first one but without all the blood.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

remusclaw posted:

...he looks no more out of place than the Von Erich who wrestled shoe-less.

Kerry still wore both shoes, it was a foot that he was missing.

Blast Fantasto posted:

I want Arnie from Junior

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
I image a chokeslam for Arnie when I heard the news.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Kerry still wore both shoes, it was a foot that he was missing.

One of the other ones didn't wear shoes, presumably to prove that he had two feet and was thus superior to his brother

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Marquis de Pyro posted:

One of the other ones didn't wear shoes, presumably to prove that he had two feet and was thus superior to his brother

Kevin Von Erich was the one who wrestled shoeless.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

new ign article on wwe2k16 http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/04/gamescom-2015-first-wwe-2k16-gameplay-details-revealed

"chain grappling is back" was all it took for me to surmise this will just be another piece of poo poo. gently caress the grappling minigame, what was so awful about 2k14's easy system that we needed this poo poo.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

MinibarMatchman posted:

new ign article on wwe2k16 http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/04/gamescom-2015-first-wwe-2k16-gameplay-details-revealed

"chain grappling is back" was all it took for me to surmise this will just be another piece of poo poo. gently caress the grappling minigame, what was so awful about 2k14's easy system that we needed this poo poo.

As long as you can still turn it off still I don't see much reason to care tbqh.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The new reversal system sounds good, where you have a limited number of them you can execute. That should prevent the bullshit where you've been absolutely squashing someone for 30 minutes, then they reverse your finisher and next six moves.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I realize it's nearly two games ago in the series for a last-gen system but I figured out why my Create/Edit an Entrance was freezing in WWE2K14 every single time - it was because there was too much music stored on my PS3 apparently. Prior games never had an issue with it but I guess 2K14 does. Now I have no reason to buy another WWE2Kx game or a new system until they put back in the creation stuff from 2K14. There's still lots of community creations being made for 14 as well - I managed to snag an updated Kevin Owens and a bunch of Lucha Underground guys last night.

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Aug 4, 2015

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4GVzmK4dyY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etJt0wljlLw

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I'm the crowd not even looking when he does the 'lights on' taunt

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

I realize it's nearly two games ago in the series for a last-gen system but I figured out why my Create/Edit an Entrance was freezing in WWE2K14 every single time - it was because there was too much music stored on my PS3 apparently. Prior games never had an issue with it but I guess 2K14 does. Now I have no reason to buy another WWE2Kx game or a new system until they put back in the creation stuff from 2K14. There's still lots of community creations being made for 14 as well - I managed to snag an updated Kevin Owens and a bunch of Lucha Underground guys last night.

wish I still had my ps3 because I loved creating hosed up fighters with weird proportions and faces and having them come out to a Cookie Monster song or some J. Greils Band poo poo. between the great creation suite and the imported music 2k14 was great. 2k15 had neither of those things and doubled down on terrible mechanics.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MinibarMatchman posted:

wish I still had my ps3 because I loved creating hosed up fighters with weird proportions and faces and having them come out to a Cookie Monster song or some J. Greils Band poo poo. between the great creation suite and the imported music 2k14 was great. 2k15 had neither of those things and doubled down on terrible mechanics.

Yeah, when they gutted the creation stuff my interest in the game dropped to about zero. The gameplay in 2K14 is decent and I can create whatever I want roster-wise or even show-wise with the arena creation feature. I have a pretty good Lucha Underground promotion going in Universe now.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
In the crowd you can see signs or shirts for:

Enzo & Cass
Kevin Owens
Lucia Dragons
Baron Corbin

So it seems like a safe bet that everyone who debuted in NXT before KO is in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

I see they took the submission system from one of the old ufc games and the rope break button is a good idea