Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
There are no bad Yuasa shows, only less good ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Even single Yuasa-directed episodes of otherwise completely different series are the best ones.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I'll admit I don't care for Mind Game like a lot of people around here do, but it's still a film I'm glad I watched.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Snow White with the Red Hair has some gorgeous visuals so far.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I've got this stuck in my head and it's all your fault thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFNdfhal08A

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Bad Seafood posted:

Snow White with the Red Hair has some gorgeous visuals so far.
Attempt to watch Prison School.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I'm already potentially watching a bunch of things.

Sell me on it.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

I want to watch Beautiful Dreamer but I've only seen a few episodes of Urusei Yatsura, is it like a Lupin film where it's standalone as long as you know the characters?

yes. If you know the premise and maybe the main characters, you're good. watch it.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Snow White ended up being really sweet. Now that I'm acquainted with everyone:

Keep Up With
Aoharu x Kikanjuu
Gangsta.
Gatchaman Crowds: Insight
Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers
Snow White with the Red Hair

Watch At My Own Pace
Durarara!!x2 Ten

Three Episode Test
Chaos Dragon
Overlord

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Looking back I saw Utena being discussed and its comedy owns, especially anything involving Nanami.

The episodes that focus on her are my favorite.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the best comedy in utena is the arrow gag

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

That, too, is good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ikuhara's sense of humor owns, i wish he'd just make sort of normal shows instead of whatever penguindrum and yurikuma were supposed to be

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

like utena has layers but it's totally possible to just watch utena as a show and enjoy it for what it is, without needing to go completely insane about feminism. girl duels to protect other girl, character development happens, other girl outgrows need for protection. it's simple.

penguindrum and especially yurikuma make no sense whatsoever on a surface level, and frankly they barely make sense even if you bend over backwards to try and make them make sense. it's hosed up.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

In hindsight I feel like Enokido was probably a writer that kept him grounded.

I'd love to see them work together again, especially since Enokido's last few shows have been middling.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Budget Prefuse posted:

going back to psycho-pass: the intros are really boring but the 1st ED is fantastic

Alot of Supercell's stuff is listenable as hell.

The first the OP was great though, the singer's falsetto is really fun. PP1's 2nd OP song wasn't as good, but the visuals are slick as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C-k_3dcfNY

Tokyo Ghoul's OP was also by Ling Tosite Sigure, and it was the only consistently good part of that lovely show.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ikuhara's basically tried to make a career doing student experimental art projects when you can only get away with that for so long.

If you want something that seriously makes no loving sense whatsoever, try the one manga he wrote himself.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

yes. If you know the premise and maybe the main characters, you're good. watch it.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Bad Seafood posted:

Ha ha okay that bit with the twins was fun. Three episode test.

On to Redd White.

the twins were the worst part!

second worst was the mmo stuff

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Phobophilia posted:

The first the OP was great though, the singer's falsetto is really fun. PP1's 2nd OP song wasn't as good, but the visuals are slick as hell.

Tokyo Ghoul's OP was also by Ling Tosite Sigure, and it was the only consistently good part of that lovely show.
That OP actually sounds really grating on the ears to me. I guess that means everything sucked about the horribly rushed anime series.

Unlike Tokyo Ghoul :re, which is kicking rear end in it's own right.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Huh, I just now realised why I've been so cool on Shimoneta

There are no jokes in this anime about dirty jokes being banned... I shouldn't feel so tricked since it's right in the name but man, they could have leaned into either plot or comedy and this is what they chose?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Shimoneta started out as Seitokai Yakuindomo then suddenly morphed into Future Diary after a few episodes.

It feels like something I shouldn't really be watching yet I still am.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Haven't heard of Future Diary but I am super bitter that SYD doesn't just go on forever

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Phobophilia posted:

Ling Tosite Sigure is an awesome band and anyone who thinks thier music is boring has bad taste. I think the song for the 2nd OP is just as good but probably needs a full listen instead of just what is in the OP.

I will correct you on one point, Ling Tosite Sigure didn't do the OP for Tokyo Ghoul. The lead singer has a solo side project (called "TK from Ling Tosite Sigure") and that's who did the OP. His side project is also pretty good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

i would have a lot of questions to ask hitler if he were posting in this subforum

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's it for today folks, there's 3500+ unread posts and I'm not going to read all of that. Morning

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Colonel posted:

Also I watched an episode of Kaiba this morning and it seemed really cool I will watch more of it.

It's drat near perfect. Enjoy

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

In Training posted:

That's it for today folks, there's 3500+ unread posts and I'm not going to read all of that. Morning

weak

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

In Training posted:

You're missing on some prime in-depth discussion on a very serious topic that may affect everyone in existence.

Dubs or subs?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also an invigorating debate on who the best Tomo-chan character.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's a lie.

Everyone knows that it's Carol, of course.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Slapstick... Is it funny? Or is it a recipe for hate?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

That's a lie.

Everyone knows that it's Carol, of course.

It's Tomo-chan herself

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

You're missing on some prime in-depth discussion on a very serious topic that may affect everyone in existence.

Dubs or subs?

Subs. Next question

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

The Black Stones posted:

Ling Tosite Sigure is an awesome band and anyone who thinks thier music is boring has bad taste. I think the song for the 2nd OP is just as good but probably needs a full listen instead of just what is in the OP.

I will correct you on one point, Ling Tosite Sigure didn't do the OP for Tokyo Ghoul. The lead singer has a solo side project (called "TK from Ling Tosite Sigure") and that's who did the OP. His side project is also pretty good.
rock music is universally bad

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

rap, more like crap

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

you only listen to twee so i dont know why youre pretending to take the bait

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

lol

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
What's the name of that 4koma manga that you've been posting here on and off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

DoubleDonut posted:

It's Tomo-chan herself

This.

• Locked thread