Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Lucas & Ashly by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
Highlights and sharpening on that dude's hair look bonkers but I wouldn't be surprised if that's just the ~flickr algorithm~

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

Thoogsby posted:

Highlights and sharpening on that dude's hair look bonkers but I wouldn't be surprised if that's just the ~flickr algorithm~

IMO it just looks like some boss-rear end hair.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.

Thoogsby posted:

It's called pomade, bruh. But seriously, it's just the flickr thumbnail magic they got going on.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Constellation I posted:

It's called pomade, bruh. But seriously, it's just the flickr thumbnail magic they got going on.

I'm pretty sure it is pomade!

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

Untitled
by LargeHadron, on Flickr

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?
It's been forever since I posted actual work. Had a friend who wanted her picture taken.

Augmented 1 by Paul Chin, on Flickr

Augmented 3 by Paul Chin, on Flickr

Augmented 5 by Paul Chin, on Flickr

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Neat, I like the way first and the 3rd look like drawings, the second not so much.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

AIIAZNSK8ER posted:

It's been forever since I posted actual work. Had a friend who wanted her picture taken.

Augmented 1 by Paul Chin, on Flickr

Augmented 3 by Paul Chin, on Flickr

Augmented 5 by Paul Chin, on Flickr
Interesting. I assume you did quite a bit of tweaking in post to get the desired effect?

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.
NKPH5823 by Nicholas Kneer, on Flickr

IMG_5468 by Nicholas Kneer, on Flickr

NKPH5687 by Nicholas Kneer, on Flickr

trying to break more into the senior photo market

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
I think you're gonna do just fine with it.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."

dakana posted:

NKPH5823 by Nicholas Kneer, on Flickr

IMG_5468 by Nicholas Kneer, on Flickr

LOVE the first one. Like the third one. Second one? Meh.

Good set overall though.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Tony by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

MrBlandAverage fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jul 29, 2015

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

dakana posted:

Is this one all natural light? Did you use a reflector?

Morkfang
Dec 9, 2009

I'm awesome.
:smug:

Sad Moments by Markus Glanzer on 500px

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Light Test by alkanphel, on Flickr

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
I've never shot portraits in any professional capacity, or really much at all before. I don't get much practice, but I had a friend visiting this week so we had some fun. This was lit using a single speedlight and the basic 45°/45° set up. Shame about the shadow on the back wall, but the room we were in was rather small.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Photo Op by Glenn Nielson, on Flickr

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

BANME.sh posted:

I've never shot portraits in any professional capacity, or really much at all before. I don't get much practice, but I had a friend visiting this week so we had some fun. This was lit using a single speedlight and the basic 45°/45° set up. Shame about the shadow on the back wall, but the room we were in was rather small.

I really like the first one. I know nothing about lights, what's the standard 45/45 setup?

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
Rembrandt setup. Both 45 to the side and above.

FistLips
Dec 14, 2004

Must I dream and always see your face?
DSCF5517-Edit by Andreas Jakobsen, on Flickr

Anyone got a good tutorial for cleaning up stray hairs like the ones on the top of her head?

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
A hairstylist, or clone/heal.

FistLips
Dec 14, 2004

Must I dream and always see your face?

RangerScum posted:

A hairstylist, or clone/heal.

Yeah, this was just a spur of the moment picture of a friend in my living room, so a hair stylist would be a little over the top. Guess I'll just practice with clone/healing :)

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Which by the way what method do you guys find works best for that?

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.

365 Nog Hogger posted:

I think you're gonna do just fine with it.

With any luck! Gotta learn how to market and price myself better, too.

TheAngryDrunk posted:

LOVE the first one. Like the third one. Second one? Meh.

Good set overall though.

Thanks! Means a lot. I agree with your ranking, too.

thetzar posted:

Is this one all natural light? Did you use a reflector?

Yeah, the light in and around the barn was just fantastic. Lateish afternoon sun was behind the barn she's leaning against, and there was an overhang above her giving good shade so that the direction was diffuse coming in.

poopinmymouth
Mar 2, 2005

PROUD 2 B AMERICAN (these colors don't run)
Not often I get to be in front of the camera, and even less frequent that there are lights involved. Visiting photographer friend wanted to photograph us, and we took this in our greenhouse. Designed to show the cluttered life we are living as new parents, as well as my husband's love of gardening. Fuji X100 and a Softlighter just outside the greenhouse to camera left at about 2.5 meter height providing the main light. I did the post work.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
So that's where you've been!

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I like the first one a lot but the second one feels very forced

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

poopinmymouth posted:

Not often I get to be in front of the camera, and even less frequent that there are lights involved. Visiting photographer friend wanted to photograph us, and we took this in our greenhouse. Designed to show the cluttered life we are living as new parents, as well as my husband's love of gardening. Fuji X100 and a Softlighter just outside the greenhouse to camera left at about 2.5 meter height providing the main light. I did the post work.
Congrats mang!

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

poopinmymouth posted:

i hope ur husband is growing mad weed in there

poopinmymouth
Mar 2, 2005

PROUD 2 B AMERICAN (these colors don't run)

RangerScum posted:

i hope ur husband is growing mad weed in there

Hah, not yet, but the moment it is decriminalized in Iceland we plan to. :-)

evil_bunnY posted:

Congrats mang!

Thanks! It's a lot of work, but I love it.

Fart Car '97 posted:

I like the first one a lot but the second one feels very forced

Strange, because it's not hard for us to find ourselves kissing his head. It was an impromptu pose in between facing the camera. I like this one a bit more for our heads, but the standing poses aren't as nice.

365 Nog Hogger posted:

So that's where you've been!

I mean, it has been keeping us busy, but I've been photographing like hell. Just not much that I will share, cause.. baby photos. :-)

We did some kitchen ones too, to focus on my love of cooking, but I don't think they were nearly as successful.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

As a connoisseur of dadpix, this one is the best because the baby is looking at the camera.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The secret to getting the baby to look at the camera is to snap around 200,000 photos and then face swap the one time it looks at the camera.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

iSheep posted:

The secret to getting the baby to look at the camera is to snap around 200,000 photos and then face swap the one time it looks at the camera.

And you've got about 90 seconds starting from the time they realize pictures are being taken until they run away and cease all cooperation.

I would say 75% of the good pictures I've taken of my kids have been the first or second shot in a given moment or scene.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
With my recent shoot with my nieces they were on board and gung-ho about the whole thing for about the first 10 minutes and then it was gently caress THIS I WANT TO GO ON A HIKE ARE WE loving DONE YET.

timrenzi574
Sep 11, 2001
My 3 year old used to be a total ham for the camera, now she acts like robert downey jr having a run in with the paparazzi every time I have it out

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I like the posing and the crop a lot more on this one than either of the others

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

I'm not an OCD type person at all, but those glasses are driving me nuts just by looking at them, let alone having to wear them.