Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

scuz posted:

I thought he left that cult. Anyway he won me back by producing movies like Oblivion and doing Edge of Tomorrow.

As far as I am aware he drat near runs Sea Org, is it's second most important person and is best mates with the current leader. He's not leaving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Super Aggro Crag posted:

3 hour drive to NH on my 1st day and am blazing with the project manager in his new STI.

Piss test was yesterday?

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

No piss test.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
NO PISS TEST NO MASTERS

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Prediction for a few days from now: "Oh gently caress oh gently caress there's a piss test, oh woe is me!"

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Pham Nuwen posted:

Prediction for a few days from now: "Oh gently caress oh gently caress there's a piss test, oh woe is me!"

"gently caress guys, my drug use resulted in a bad outcome AGAIN!?"

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Couldn't find idiocracy on any of the services I usually use so I waited 3 days for a disc to turn up in the post. First world problems.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Maybe he works for one of those civilized companies outside of the states where weed is legal?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

the only time i got piss tested was when i worked for walgreens in the pharmacy

neither apple nor the company that my internship is through care

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Pham Nuwen posted:

I think he'll reveal that he's working at elementary schools again.

That said, I'm glad that he decided to not stay clean for 2 days because he would have missed out on some good blazing time if he had.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Super Aggro Crag posted:

3 hour drive to NH on my 1st day and am blazing with the project manager in his new STI.

Jesus christ.

You know they say don't poo poo where you eat?

You need to quit making GBS threads everywhere.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Met a chick off OKCupid and she's such a loving nerd and it's so awesome

I gave her her first ride on a motorcycle yesterday, on the first date. Tonight she's coming over to check out my telescope :smugdog:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Adiabatic posted:

I gave her her first ride on a motorcycle yesterday, on the first date. Tonight she's coming over to check out my telescope :smugdog:

Are you going to show her Uranus?

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Phone posted:

Are you going to show her Uranus?

:boom:

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

Adiabatic posted:

True story, I used the telescope line on a second date with a nerdy chick from OKCupid once, we wound up killing a bottle of whiskey and looking at the moon, a few years later and we're getting married.

Now I can't stop her from talking me into filling the driveway with half broken trucks. :perfect:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Sigma X posted:

"gently caress guys, my drug use resulted in a bad outcome AGAIN!?"

"We got fired from the job because we couldn't stay focused and left Dorito crumbs everywhere"

Adiabatic posted:

Tonight she's coming over to check out my telescope :smugdog:

:quagmire:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Noise Complaint posted:

True story, I used the telescope line on a second date with a nerdy chick from OKCupid once, we wound up killing a bottle of whiskey and looking at the moon, a few years later and we're getting married.

Now I can't stop her from talking me into filling the driveway with half broken trucks. :perfect:

Owns.

I'm still trying to figure out where to set it up. My backyard has way too many trees, but the mount needs power to function. We'd probably just look at the moon and maybe Saturn, so light pollution shouldn't be an issue. Maybe a parking lot close-by and a jumper pack? I wanna drink, so close-by is crucial, but there are a few solid candidates.

I don't think I've put it up here before, so here's my big dicktelescope:

It's an 8" primary Newtonian Orion, with a Celestron CG-5 hypertuned mount. Nerd-boner, engage.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Nice! I have an 8 inch Orion Dobsonian I'm going to be bringing to NEAI. No power mount, just manual aiming using a laser or red dot sight, and a star map.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Oh buddy, we are going to be friends. I was trying to figure out how to lug that fucker to NEAI, but thanks to you I don't have to now.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Tusen Takk posted:

neither apple nor the company that my internship is through care

This has been my experience with tech companies as well. Never had a drug test when I worked with HP (but I did have to submit a hair test to work as a resident at Goodyear HQ,) my current job has a "don't let it affect what you do here" policy and the job that I have an offer for didn't say anything about testing in my most recent interview.

Speaking of job chat, put my two weeks' notice in this morning. Waiting to hear back from my manager to see if they're going to counter. Probably won't, or at least not enough to get me to stay.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Adiabatic posted:

Oh buddy, we are going to be friends. I was trying to figure out how to lug that fucker to NEAI, but thanks to you I don't have to now.
You going to jerk off each other's telescopes?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

My job does random drug tests but in over 7 years of working here I've never been called.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Pham Nuwen posted:

My job does random drug tests but in over 7 years of working here I've never been called.

The company nurse told me my blood is 96% nitromethane. I asked her what she thought the AKI was.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Wrar posted:

So hard I'll make him see stars.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat it. I really want to go and attach the trim to the Civic but I woke up feeling like a rotten pile of poo poo so I've been sitting here watching hosed up films all morning.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Wrar posted:

Would be one of the straighter things to happen at NEAI.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Yay have a minor windfall coming soon. Gonna spend it all on SOME DANK rear end BUD YALL and rent.

going to actually pay off some outstanding debt and pick up another camera

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Adiabatic posted:

Owns.

I'm still trying to figure out where to set it up. My backyard has way too many trees, but the mount needs power to function. We'd probably just look at the moon and maybe Saturn, so light pollution shouldn't be an issue. Maybe a parking lot close-by and a jumper pack? I wanna drink, so close-by is crucial, but there are a few solid candidates.

I don't think I've put it up here before, so here's my big dicktelescope:

It's an 8" primary Newtonian Orion, with a Celestron CG-5 hypertuned mount. Nerd-boner, engage.

Fuuuck me, i'm jealous. I still want to get a decent telescope with an autotrack mount and T-Rings so I can mount my Canon T2i to one and do some proper astrophotography :flashfap:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Seat Safety Switch posted:

The company nurse told me my blood is 96% nitromethane. I asked her what she thought the AKI was.

NO LUMPS NO BUMPS FULL LIFE

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Phone posted:

Yay have a minor windfall coming soon. Gonna spend it all on SOME DANK rear end BUD YALL and rent.

Dont forget the gold blunt wraps

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Slow is Fast posted:

Dont forget the gold blunt wraps

Gonna buy 2.5lbs bruhhhh

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

T1g4h posted:

Fuuuck me, i'm jealous. I still want to get a decent telescope with an autotrack mount and T-Rings so I can mount my Canon T2i to one and do some proper astrophotography :flashfap:

Astrophotography is super hard holy poo poo.

I've got a T-ring for my Canon, but achieving a good polar alignment to shoot exposures over more than a second without motion blurring is just insanely difficult for me. I've even got a polar scope inside the loving HYPERTUNED mount and I still suck. Honestly I wouldn't even try DSO's without an autoguider or the patience of a saint, maybe both.

I can also say that making a Bahtinov Mask out of cardboard or something was easily the biggest Eureka moment ever. I don't know how anyone could achieve proper focus without one, Once you have it set you're good for the night and no longer have that variable to gently caress up.

:goonsay:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Big update on stupidbus. Leaking oil oil oil

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Geirskogul posted:

Any guesses on how many quarts cases of oil he goes through on the trip?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

IOwnCalculus posted:

Any guesses on how many quarts cases of oil he goes through on the trip?

Two less than he needs.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Geirskogul posted:

Aww yiss...Desert Bus pt2 starts now!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Sorry still uploading

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

This AP poo poo is legit giving me nightmares now. Had a dream last night that I had to go back and take some high school courses alongside the youngins in order to finish college.

It was horrifying. Pretty funny though when I told off the teacher trying to get me to pay attention to the babby explanation for how electrons work when "dude, I've taken physics 2, I've derived all the various equations for field strength and electric potential, your metaphor using men and women for positive and negative charges doesnt quite cut it, and also I'm fairly sure no elementary particles are gay so it's a dumb comparison". Or something like that, but more witty.

loving brain poo poo, man.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Adiabatic posted:

This is awesome. I'm jealous.

After 7 weeks and 10,000 miles at my new job i'm finally out of the stupid debt i put myself in by trying to work for myself. Also, i'm still owed a bit more from a couple people so i'm also slightly in the black too, and i have some stuff to (try) sell.

The company i'm with now love me, and the boss asked me the other day how i get around so fast. Seems the other drivers are lazy as poo poo and long everything out, despite being paid by the job and not by the hour. Hoping i can keep at the current turnover for at least a few more weeks and actually get some money saved up again. Yaaaay work, i love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Welp, accepted the job offer for a new position at a different company doing Development Operations.

Just in time apparently too, one of the marketing guys at my current job who is buddy-buddy with someone in the know says they were ranting in raving about how I don't seem to do much anymore and that I'm not worth the money I'm being paid (I'm being paid $65k to do Systems Administration AND run a Helpdesk AND manage everything under the sun here) when they previously paid an outsourced IT Management company $80k, and they only came on site once a week. When I was hired, they complain of so many issues due to the unavailability of support. As soon as I corrected all the major issues, they started complaining that I apparently didn't have enough to do, which is normal and I'm used to hearing this.

Time to move.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Aug 3, 2015

• Locked thread