Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

This sucks too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
I don't like anything and I especially don't like you

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Mighty Dicktron posted:

This doesn't suck.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Mr Tastee posted:

There's a time and a place for jokes like his, and Steven Universe is neither. If it were say, Rick and Morty, it'd be fine.

"Zis type of humor zhall only be used with zis type of media unt never zhall it be used for any ozer! It is verboten!!"

Sorry, but the comics are objectively and factually good because of the juxtaposition with the original show. Just like how his MGS3 comics were great by including muppets to make a somber and serious scene incredibly silly. It's what we normal earth-people call "hugh-mar".

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
It subverts your expectations- literally the most basic building block of humor there is.

I'm not saying they are all solid gold or anything, but the idea is a well tread one and it works. Pretty much every single children's show has had that treatment to various degrees- stop acting like it's some terrible offense.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
stephen universe sucks

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

corn in the bible posted:

stephen universe sucks

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Everything you like is bad.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

Snooping as usual, I see.

:nws:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVxkBtVCHNY:nws:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I just want to post something cute.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Who What Now posted:

"Zis type of humor zhall only be used with zis type of media unt never zhall it be used for any ozer! It is verboten!!"

Sorry, but the comics are objectively and factually good because of the juxtaposition with the original show. Just like how his MGS3 comics were great by including muppets to make a somber and serious scene incredibly silly. It's what we normal earth-people call "hugh-mar".

Juxtaposition makes things objectively good and funny, eh?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

In all cases involving dialog, you could probably cut out 50 to 100% of it and the joke will be snappier and funnier as a result. :colbert:

Ramos has a new favorite as of 15:45 on Aug 3, 2015

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Ramos posted:

In dialog, you could cut out 50 to 100% of it and the joke will be snappier :colbert:

Holy poo poo, you're right!

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Radio Paranoia posted:

Holy poo poo, you're right!

,'!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Juxtaposition makes things objectively good and funny, eh?

This one was actually worth a good chuckle.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

The MSJ posted:

I just want to post something cute.

Lets forget about Steven Universe and just post cute things.

Internet Kraken has a new favorite as of 18:16 on Aug 3, 2015

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

:yikes:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Anyone live near this thing?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Oh my god, why hasn't there been a post-apocalyptic Batman comic? This is the crossover that should have been. :allears:

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

Because the setting's most compelling themes of scarcity and a hardscrabble existence probably don't mesh with a billionaire playboy with cool gadgets and an aversion to killing.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Huszsersvn posted:

Because the setting's most compelling themes of scarcity and a hardscrabble existence probably don't mesh with a billionaire playboy with cool gadgets and an aversion to killing.

I dunno. Russian Anarchist Batman sorta worked.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Huszsersvn posted:

I can think of a few ways to twist that. Maybe post-apoc Batman comes from a relatively well-off settlement where he didn't understand the broken world beyond its gilded gates, and one night a scavenging team finds its way into the settlement and accidentally kills his parents. At first he's out for revenge, but before he can kill the ones at fault, he realizes that killing them won't bring back his family -- so he instead uses his wealth to hire an old-world mechanic to build him his tools and he becomes a martial artist, and then he travels around the wasteland trying to return order to a shattered land. He tries to lead by example: no killing, mercy for the weak, helping those less fortunate, that sort of thing. But because he's an angry, angry man beneath his veneer of good intentions, he causes as many problems as he solves. He's every bit as nuts as the villains he hunts, and he never stays in one area long enough to make sure his "order" lasts.

Hell, it practically writes itself. I think it could work, I really do. I might just steal this idea and cut out the Batman themes entirely.

Screaming Idiot has a new favorite as of 09:36 on Aug 4, 2015

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Huszsersvn posted:

Bat killed the world.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Screaming Idiot posted:

Oh my god, why hasn't there been a post-apocalyptic Batman comic? This is the crossover that should have been. :allears:

The No Man's Land arc sort of was one.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Screaming Idiot posted:

Hell, it practically writes itself. I think it could work, I really do. I might just steal this idea and cut out the Batman themes entirely.

If you don't, I fuckin' will.

Unless you need an artist, then poo poo, let's collab.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Screaming Idiot posted:

I can think of a few ways to twist that. Maybe post-apoc Batman comes from a relatively well-off settlement where he didn't understand the broken world beyond its gilded gates, and one night a scavenging team finds its way into the settlement and accidentally kills his parents. At first he's out for revenge, but before he can kill the ones at fault, he realizes that killing them won't bring back his family -- so he instead uses his wealth to hire an old-world mechanic to build him his tools and he becomes a martial artist, and then he travels around the wasteland trying to return order to a shattered land. He tries to lead by example: no killing, mercy for the weak, helping those less fortunate, that sort of thing. But because he's an angry, angry man beneath his veneer of good intentions, he causes as many problems as he solves. He's every bit as nuts as the villains he hunts, and he never stays in one area long enough to make sure his "order" lasts.

This would make a great Fallout game.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

These last two frames are incredibly badass.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Messing with a Ninja Turtle's pizza is a bad life decision.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Purple Dragons is a gay rear end name for a hardened street gang.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Im really excited for the hd remake just for this reason.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Purple Dragons is a gay rear end excellent name for a hardened street gang.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

:vd:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I am more of a silver monkeys fan anyways

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

This is the Tails gets trolled guy's latest project, right?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
"Call it an episode", oh I get it, because there was that episode where Raphael becomes a cab driver.

Pizza sauce -> violence is pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Shwqa posted:

Im really excited for the hd remake just for this reason.

Well then do I have some bad news for you!

• Locked thread