Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I'm sure someone will explain how none of those officers actually lied in those statements and thus shouldn't be held accountable for anything other than this one specific lone instance of them being a human and getting upset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Mr. Wookums posted:

Arm black people then?

Whites don't react too well to that.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

LeeMajors posted:

This poo poo makes my blood loving boil. Just like the Cliven Bundy horseshit--all those doomsday-prepper rednecks pointing guns at federal officers with no consequences. But minorities, women, the weak, the poor? Stomped into the ground or murdered in cold blood for 'disrespect.'

Sometimes I wonder if police brutality is just the impotent rage of deplorable cowards.
No context for this beyond what some guy on reddit said his friend posted on facebook a woman got in a car accident and a motorcycle policeman showed up. When she left her car, he pulled his gun on her.
Reverse google image search seems to show it's new.

"I felt my life was in danger. She was reaching for the sky." And that trigger discipline. Guess these women should have known never to approach an officer in his natural habitat.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

DARPA posted:

No context for this beyond what some guy on reddit said his friend posted on facebook a woman got in a car accident and a motorcycle policeman showed up. When she left her car, he pulled his gun on her.

"I felt my life was in danger. She was reaching for the sky." And that trigger discipline. Guess these women should have known never to approach an officer in his natural habitat.

:sigh:

Police aggression is so enraging.

A few years ago, I was drunk, sitting in a waffle house at 3 or 4am with a buddy of mine eating breakfast. I'm a fairly ordinary white guy, and this was in a reasonably affluent suburban area.

A buddy of mine was upset and came by--got a little animated and left less than 2 or 3min later.

About 15min later two cops roll in and approach our booth--one with his hand on his pistol--and said "I don't want any trouble." So I said okay, whats going on officer--he said someone called about someone causing a scene (my other friend that left). So I explained what happened and he was like "Just eat your breakfast and leave." I replied "I am eating my breakfast" and he stuck his finger in my face said "Don't talk back to me boy."

I can't even imagine what life is like for minorities in police interaction. Cops are full-stop dickheads 99% of the time to everyone.

"But my job is difficult and dangerous" :qq:

gently caress the police.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Aug 3, 2015

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

Mr. Wookums posted:

Arm black people then?

I think that's being worked on.

http://www.gunowners.org/opeds07312015.htm

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

That article says virtually nothing about the topic?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Agrajag posted:

Never trust a cop. At this point you're probably better off assuming everything a cop says in a report to be a lie until proven otherwise. In fact I would also say the same thing for prosecutors/DA's that work hand in hand with the cops to perpetuate this abuse. They enable cops to do this poo poo with impunity. As proven by the postings of ActusRhesus in this thread.

you watch way too much law & order

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Cole posted:

Have you ever seen a single episode of that show? What an odd thing to say to a person worried about the connection between DAs and cops.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Cole posted:

Law & Order shows cops being generally totally honest, and when they're not, they're doing it because the person they're going after is a real big scumbag.

Have you watched it?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
obviously my lack of television show awareness means it will be impossible for you to get the point i was making.

lets see how fast you guys can dogpile

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Young Orc

DARPA posted:

Man, that's a really good photo.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Cole posted:

obviously my lack of television show awareness means it will be impossible for you to get the point i was making.

You used an example that was the exact opposite of the terrible point you were trying to make.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Cole posted:

What? You made a point that didn't make sense and now you're trying to make us look like couch potatoes? Have some personal responsibility and own up to your poo poo posting mistakes.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Dr Pepper posted:

You used an example that was the exact opposite of the terrible point you were trying to make.

Which literally means you get my point lol

Radbot posted:

What? You made a point that didn't make sense and now you're trying to make us look like couch potatoes? Have some personal responsibility and own up to your poo poo posting mistakes.

The guy above you got my point though?

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cole posted:

*makes retarded comment*

"Heh, don't everybody point out my severe mental disabilities at once" :smug:

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

bango skank posted:

*makes retarded comment*

"Heh, don't everybody point out my severe mental disabilities at once" :smug:

New thread title: "Let's Debate about the Police, Criminal Justice, and how many lead paint chips Cole eats daily."

My money's on 8.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Cole posted:

And your point is stupid, and failing to make your example actually match your stupid points makes you look stupid.

It's stupidity all the way down.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

DARPA posted:

Why in the gently caress would he approach a traffic accident with a weapon drawn? What the gently caress America?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Cole posted:

The guy above you got my point though?

Are you ever going to actually make a coherent point or just say half a dozen words with "lmao" at the end and think that you somehow won?

Toasticle
Jul 18, 2003

Hay guys, out this Rape

Agrajag posted:

Never trust a cop. At this point you're probably better off assuming everything a cop says in a report to be a lie until proven otherwise. In fact I would also say the same thing for prosecutors/DA's that work hand in hand with the cops to perpetuate this abuse. They enable cops to do this poo poo with impunity. As proven by the postings of ActusRhesus in this thread.

If anyone hasn't seen it, watch it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

Even the cop agrees "Never talk to cops". Not much help for getting pulled over or walking around but if you get arrested do not speak until your lawyer is there.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
The problem is the silence paradox - if you remain silent you're much more likely to get arrested/be abused in revenge for contempt of cop. Do I remain silent when the officer asks me how fast I was going?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

I'm sure someone will explain how none of those officers actually lied in those statements and thus shouldn't be held accountable for anything other than this one specific lone instance of them being a human and getting upset.

I was wrong! The correct apologist line is that we're asking the police to never do their job!

That's your choice people, either get beaten and have the cops lie about it or they get to sit at their desk and play video games and eat fast food! No other options!

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

chitoryu12 posted:

Are you ever going to actually make a coherent point or just say half a dozen words with "lmao" at the end and think that you somehow won?

i didn't say lmao once though...

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Agrajag posted:

Why in the gently caress would he approach a traffic accident with a weapon drawn? What the gently caress America?

Do you have any idea how cool that guy looks with his piece out?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

SquadronROE posted:

Do you have any idea how cool that guy looks with his piece out?

He probably calls it a 'burner' because he watched End of Watch.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

I love reading the hypocrisy in this thread.

You have the group think of "all cops are bad", but any point someone links a cop doing the right thing, there is always some caveat or mitigating excuse as to why the group think is right.

But anyone who points out that sometimes the response is justified... RACISM! Or cries of stereotyping and how its wrong.

Click here and justify it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Cops doing the right thing is their job though.

It's like me getting commended if I worked in fast food for not spitting in someone's food.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Genocide Tendency posted:

You have the group think of "all cops are bad", but any point someone links a cop doing the right thing, there is always some caveat or mitigating excuse as to why the group think is right.

But anyone who points out that sometimes the response is justified... RACISM! Or cries of stereotyping and how its wrong.

so you're saying it's hypocritical to accuse people of racism because sometimes black men do shoot white cops

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

WHY ISN'T ANYONE PATTING A COP ON THE BACK FOR NOT KILLING SOMEONE!? I MEAN SERIOUSLY GUYS ITS HARD TO BE A HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUT WITH A NAPOLEON COMPLEX!? :qq:

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

I've never been able to take you seriously:

This is why i fully support police shooting people.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

He also got caught making an ethnic slur in another subforum (specifically about a victim of police abuse) so his constant moaning about people using accusations of racism to stifle legitimate opinions never stops being hilarious.

I'll be outraged over this one when the community conspires with the prosecutor who then fails to indict the murderer. Until then I'm fairly confident the killer will be caught and tried.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Aug 3, 2015

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Justify it? Ok. It sounds like the passenger was going to go to prison for weed. Who should be expected to just accept that?

I don't necessarily subscribe to that view, but it's in keeping with the police apologist response to police violence. "What did you expect? Mess with/talk back to a cop, get murdered/found hanged in jail etc."

Mess with a person who is looking at prison time for a nonviolent offense, and what do you expect?

e: Oh he was on supervised release for robbery as well. Again, what do you expect? Don't mess with felons if you don't want to get murdered.

woke wedding drone fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Aug 3, 2015

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Toasticle posted:

If anyone hasn't seen it, watch it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

Even the cop agrees "Never talk to cops". Not much help for getting pulled over or walking around but if you get arrested do not speak until your lawyer is there.

I would strongly advise noting the other videos uploaded by that user. I now have infowars in my recommended videos.

Toasticle
Jul 18, 2003

Hay guys, out this Rape

Radbot posted:

The problem is the silence paradox - if you remain silent you're much more likely to get arrested/be abused in revenge for contempt of cop. Do I remain silent when the officer asks me how fast I was going?

Like I said not much help when getting pulled over, its if you get arrested.

I've never seen a whats the 'right' answer to the speed question aside from its pretty much irrelevant what you say, just never to admit to speeding or say you don't know. I always say I was going the whatever the speed limit is (if you know what it is) and be nice as I can, but being a white male I think had more to do with not getting a ticket most of the time more than anything.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

No you're right, I haven't seen anyone commenting that the cops choose not to charge the driver of the car who turned himself in. I'm surprised they didn't charge him with murder just for driving away with the shooter in the car. That's cops doing the right thing and I don't think it needs any caveats.

Toasticle
Jul 18, 2003

Hay guys, out this Rape

Discendo Vox posted:

I would strongly advise noting the other videos uploaded by that user. I now have infowars in my recommended videos.

Can watch it on his website at Regent University http://www.regent.edu/acad/schlaw/faculty_staff/duane.cfm

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Radish posted:

He also got caught making an ethnic slur in another subforum (specifically about a victim of police abuse) so his constant moaning about people using accusations of racism to stifle legitimate opinions never stops being hilarious.

I'll be outraged over this one when the community conspires with the prosecutor who then fails to indict the murderer. Until then I'm fairly confident the killer will be caught and tried.

I didn't get caught.

Its not something I tried to hide.

SedanChair posted:

Justify it? Ok. It sounds like the passenger was going to go to prison for weed. Who should be expected to just accept that?

I don't necessarily subscribe to that view, but it's in keeping with the police apologist response to police violence. "What did you expect? Mess with/talk back to a cop, get murdered/found hanged in jail etc."

Mess with a person who is looking at prison time for a nonviolent offense, and what do you expect?

Nice edit there.

And thats still loving stupid. Might go to prison isn't justification to murder a cop. However gunning down a cop might make other cops a little more nervous about approaching a car they pulled over.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

I didn't get caught.

Its not something I tried to hide.

Yeah but check it out dude. If you ever say something racist, like ever, you are immediately discredited for the rest of your life and can never make a comment on racism ever again. Ever.

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
How much credit should one give to a racists opinion on racism?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

And thats still loving stupid. Might go to prison isn't justification to murder a cop. However gunning down a cop might make other cops a little more nervous about approaching a car they pulled over.

And getting sent to prison might make felons a little more nervous about letting cops live. It's nothing more than cop logic turned around. You should understand and support it.

• Locked thread