Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

ElrondHubbard posted:

The American healthcare system is long overdue for an overhaul in billing, as it's currently structured in a spectacularly inefficient and damaging way.

Oh but we have had a complete overhaul in billing very recently, it has just been driven largely by providers. One of the sales points used by the companies selling electronic medical record software is that it would automate billing so that you could charge for every little thing. It would remind you to do every single billable item and automatically include everything in the bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Weltlich posted:

Trumpcakes - Huge, luxurious orange cupcakes with too much yellow frosting. Not what everyone thinks they want to start off with, but surprisingly popular by the end of the party.

ScottCheese - Just processed string cheese sticks tossed carelessly into a bowl. Flavorless, unpopular at home in wisconsin - easily the most worthless snack on the spread.

Bushmeat - Chicken Satays on a stick. No peanut sauce, since that would remind people of Carter. Hoping to make it big by just not being the worst thing to eat.

Marco Reubens - Shredded pork, ham, swiss, and saur kraut on marbled rye. Not kosher.

Huckabeans - Baked beans with extra salt pork. Seems like something you'd find at a church pot luck, but surprisingly popular with pedofiles.

Lil' Carsons - Petite devil's food lady fingers with a rich cream filling between them. Folks think they're intellectual and fancy, but really they're just Little Debbie Devil Creams that you've unwrapped and put on a plate.

GRAND PAUL - Beautiful, golden squares of marshmallow and cereal treats. The gold color is Captain Crunch.

Cruzin' for a Bruisin' - Banana Pudding made with really ripe bananas. Use off brand 'Nilla Wafers.

Kasichili - Cincinnati style chili. It's not the worst thing out there, and people really want to like it, but it's still loving chili you're expected to eat over spaghetti.

ScottCheese must be served on a platter purchased from Kohl's

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Shifty Pony posted:

Oh but we have had a complete overhaul in billing very recently, it has just been driven largely by providers. One of the sales points used by the companies selling electronic medical record software is that it would automate billing so that you could charge for every little thing. It would remind you to do every single billable item and automatically include everything in the bill.

Hence why there's some lukewarm discussion of a switch to fee-for-care as opposed to the current fee-for-service model, which has perverse incentives and significantly worse outcomes.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

The GOP has long lusted for a candidate like Trump. The proto fascist, nakedly oligarchal, bullying, constant red meat, Putin lite styling of Trump has always been what they've wanted. For two elections now they think they've lost for being too soft, too moderate, too middle of the road. They want a CPAC panelist, a conservative Facebook meme page given human form, policy be damned.

The meaner he gets, the more bullying he gets, the more people will see him as "honest" and "speaking from his heart," totally the Christie game plan, only properly executed. Trump's got a cult of personality around him that will be hard to pierce and the smarter candidates will take shots at him to further establish themselves and bring him down, leading to an unprecedented mudslinging bloodbath. If any of these dopes are smart at all they'll bring up Trump's past campaigns, ran along much more liberal lines.

The full debate list gets revealed the 4th. I really hope Christie is on it. This latest trend of having to say the absolute most outrageous red meat comments possible to even get noticed in a historically crowded field of 17 candidates seems like it can only work to undermine whichever candidate comes forward as the eventual nominee.

I literally cannot wait for Thursday.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Vote Kasich and continue the chain of most excellent* presidents from Ohio:

William Henry Harrison
Rutherford B. Hayes
James A. Garfield
William McKinley
William Howard Taft
Warren G. Harding

*citation needed

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Lord of Pie posted:

William Henry Harrison
Rutherford B. Hayes
James A. Garfield
William McKinley
William Howard Taft
Warren G. Harding

*citation needed

Oof, this list alone is a good enough reason to revoke Ohio's statehood.

Chad Thundercock
Aug 1, 2015

Lord of Pie posted:

William Henry Harrison
Rutherford B. Hayes
James A. Garfield
William McKinley
William Howard Taft
Warren G. Harding

*citation needed

lmao

Numerical Anxiety
Sep 2, 2011

Hello.

Lord of Pie posted:

William Henry Harrison
Rutherford B. Hayes
James A. Garfield
William McKinley
William Howard Taft
Warren G. Harding

*citation needed

The moral of the story, I suppose, is to pay extra close attention to the vice-presidential candidate when voting for a man from Ohio?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Lord of Pie posted:

William Henry Harrison
Rutherford B. Hayes
James A. Garfield
William McKinley
William Howard Taft
Warren G. Harding

*citation needed

holy poo poo

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Now we know why so many astronauts are from Ohio.

Their shame drives them into exile from the planet itself.

e: Grant and Sherman were both born in Ohio, so I guess that mitigates it slightly.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Aug 3, 2015

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Lord of Pie posted:

William Henry Harrison
Rutherford B. Hayes
James A. Garfield
William McKinley
William Howard Taft
Warren G. Harding

*citation needed

All now native only to history textbooks. When will the state change its motto to "Better to burn out than to fade away"?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Lord of Pie posted:

William Henry Harrison
Rutherford B. Hayes
James A. Garfield
William McKinley
William Howard Taft
Warren G. Harding

*citation needed

Ouch. But at least it's not this complete list of presidents from California:

Hoover
Nixon
Reagan

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
PA's solo claim to fame is Buchanan, the one mostly remembered for possibly being gay.

I am wondering if there's enough time to get a Sheep! game going, for the debate. I was trying to think up questions, but I'm not sure 3-4 days is enough to get participants. (Also, I've never done one before, so I'd probably screw it up anyway.)

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

spacing in vienna posted:

PA's solo claim to fame is Buchanan, the one mostly remembered for possibly being gay.

I am wondering if there's enough time to get a Sheep! game going, for the debate. I was trying to think up questions, but I'm not sure 3-4 days is enough to get participants. (Also, I've never done one before, so I'd probably screw it up anyway.)

Nah, we just need tik-tac-toe or a drinking 'list' I don't know if one has been floating around yet but I would work on something tomorrow if i have a few hours.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

The GOP has long lusted for a candidate like Trump. The proto fascist, nakedly oligarchal, bullying, constant red meat, Putin lite styling of Trump has always been what they've wanted. For two elections now they think they've lost for being too soft, too moderate, too middle of the road. They want a CPAC panelist, a conservative Facebook meme page given human form, policy be damned.

The meaner he gets, the more bullying he gets, the more people will see him as "honest" and "speaking from his heart," totally the Christie game plan, only properly executed. Trump's got a cult of personality around him that will be hard to pierce and the smarter candidates will take shots at him to further establish themselves and bring him down, leading to an unprecedented mudslinging bloodbath. If any of these dopes are smart at all they'll bring up Trump's past campaigns, ran along much more liberal lines.

The full debate list gets revealed the 4th. I really hope Christie is on it. This latest trend of having to say the absolute most outrageous red meat comments possible to even get noticed in a historically crowded field of 17 candidates seems like it can only work to undermine whichever candidate comes forward as the eventual nominee.

I literally cannot wait for Thursday.

Trump would need friends to be an oligarch.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Plinkey posted:

Nah, we just need tik-tac-toe or a drinking 'list' I don't know if one has been floating around yet but I would work on something tomorrow if i have a few hours.

Use the official Democratic party one.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The Associated Press is having a hard time finding the $102 million Trump claims he's given to charity over the past 5 years.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/review-finds-trumps-charity-donations-modest/

quote:

WASHINGTON — Donald Trump, widely believed to the be the wealthiest American ever to run for president, is nowhere among the ranks of the country’s most generous citizens, according to an Associated Press review of his financial records and other government filings.

Trump has said he donated $102 million worth of cash and land to philanthropic and conservation organizations over the past five years. But his campaign has provided little documentation for most of these contributions, and tax filings of the Donald J. Trump foundation show Trump has made no charitable contributions to his own namesake nonprofit since 2008. Without an endowment, the fund has continued to give grants only as a result of contributions from others.

Even the $102 million would not impress the wealthy elite whom Trump counts as his peers. Billionaires like Michael Bloomberg, George Lucas and Warren Buffett have both given far more and pledged to donate most of their wealth to charity during their lifetimes.

It is possible that Trump has been donating money anonymously through avenues other than his foundation, whose tax records the AP reviewed. But pressed by the AP on the details of his contributions, Trump campaign spokeswoman Hope Hicks provided a partial list of donations that appeared to correspond with the foundation’s gifts – indicating that Trump may be counting other people’s charitable giving as his own.

It's starting to look like, as in real estate, Trump's idea of giving to charity is "giving other people's money with my name on it."

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

I took a walk. And threw up in an English garden.
Burn bright, sweet Trump, but burn not out
This Thursday at the first debate.
We need you there
on Super Tuesday,
Fracturing the GOP
With every misbegotten delegate.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Lord of Pie posted:

William Henry Harrison
Rutherford B. Hayes
James A. Garfield
William McKinley
William Howard Taft
Warren G. Harding

*citation needed

Garfield was pretty sweet. He was going to do the civil rights movement 70 years early but got shot for unrelated reasons before he got around to it.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

PostNouveau posted:

The Associated Press is having a hard time finding the $102 million Trump claims he's given to charity over the past 5 years.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/review-finds-trumps-charity-donations-modest/

It's starting to look like, as in real estate, Trump's idea of giving to charity is "giving other people's money with my name on it."

Looks like the man is well qualified to be in politics.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

ohgodwhat posted:

What's Aaron Schock's photographer up to these days?

Rubbing oil on the disgraced former Congressman, on a beach somewhere?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Necc0 posted:

I'm kind of surprised that this site isn't more popular here. I've already made some good beer money off of deluded idiots. It's like a dream come true. The 2016 election is gonna make me a couple hundo easy.

the canadian NDP beardo who is very likely going to be the next pm of canada was like at 10 cents when i jumped, harper was still at like 80 for some reason. now hes up to 55 already, but thats still a deal imo unless all the polls are wrong

ive got 20 bucks on sanders but hes only gone up about 6 cents since i got in

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Shifty Pony posted:

As someone who works for a medical record software company, I can pretty much confirm this. Hospitals lose their minds when they miss something they could've billed for.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

the canadian NDP beardo who is very likely going to be the next pm of canada was like at 10 cents when i jumped, harper was still at like 80 for some reason. now hes up to 55 already, but thats still a deal imo unless all the polls are wrong

ive got 20 bucks on sanders but hes only gone up about 6 cents since i got in

Yeah for some reason the 'Putin will last the rest of the year' market was at about 50/50 initially so I grabbed a handful of that.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
This seems like a really inefficient and fiscally unsound method for cooking bacon. :shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaZGaJrd3x8

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Joementum posted:

This seems like a really inefficient and fiscally unsound method for cooking bacon. :shrug:

Yeah but guns

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Also, Mark Everson has filed an FEC complaint against Fox News over his exclusion from the debates now that the threshold for participation in the runners-up debate has been lowered from 1% in the polls to "appearing in the polls".

It does seem unfair to candidates that it's up to the polling companies who is considered a candidate, but without that filter there would be over 150 candidates in the Republican primary debates.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Joementum posted:

I really want to believe that this isn't a dog-whistle but I can never be sure.

Also: that's not a machine gun :spergin:

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

but without that filter there would be over 150 candidates in the Republican primary debates.

Yes please!

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Joementum posted:

Also, Mark Everson has filed an FEC complaint against Fox News over his exclusion from the debates now that the threshold for participation in the runners-up debate has been lowered from 1% in the polls to "appearing in the polls".

It does seem unfair to candidates that it's up to the polling companies who is considered a candidate, but without that filter there would be over 150 candidates in the Republican primary debates.

The FEC rules that all candidates must be admitted entry, the debate format is changed to a no holds barred cage fight deathmatch. Audience attendees are chosen from a list of the wealthiest donors, who can throw weapons to the arena floor at a hefty fee to support their preferred candidates.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I wonder if gun-spergs are going to get mad at him for claiming a semi-automatic rifle is a machine gun.

Edit: Beaten in this thread already. :spergin:

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

Joementum posted:

But very Presidential

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
it shouldn't be too hard to find which candidates were at the Cock Bros' last weekend. they'll be the ones wincing in pain whenever they have to sit down

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Joementum posted:

lollin at those cheap rear end UTG rail covers.

I just knew Cruz was a loving fudd.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Mirthless posted:

The FEC rules that all candidates must be admitted entry, the debate format is changed to a no holds barred cage fight deathmatch. Audience attendees are chosen from a list of the wealthiest donors, who can throw weapons to the arena floor at a hefty fee to support their preferred candidates.

100 quatloos on Trump!

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Via The Guardian's Sabrina Siddiqui:

Apparently the other side of the poster said "Walker 4 President."

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

GalacticAcid posted:

Via The Guardian's Sabrina Siddiqui:

Apparently the other side of the poster said "Walker 4 President."

Ahahahahahaha God bless that pair.

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The Koch brothers have spent a total of around $27 Million on GOP candidates, PACs, etc., or about 12% of what the SEIU has spent on Democrats.

In fact, the Top 4 GOP donors (#7 Las Vegas Sand, #14 Perry Homes, #17 Contran Corp., and #24 Adelson Drug Clinic) COMBINED have not spent as much as the SEIU on candidates, parties, PACs, and 527s.

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php?cycle=ALL

It's funny how the left makes a huge deal out of this when they are by far and away the massive leader in bought-and-paid for politicians and backing from big money interests.

The Koch's are scrub-tier players when it comes to buying politicians and elections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

Chris Christie posted:

The Koch brothers have spent a total of around $27 Million on GOP candidates, PACs, etc., or about 12% of what the SEIU has spent on Democrats.

In fact, the Top 4 GOP donors (#7 Las Vegas Sand, #14 Perry Homes, #17 Contran Corp., and #24 Adelson Drug Clinic) COMBINED have not spent as much as the SEIU on candidates, parties, PACs, and 527s.

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php?cycle=ALL

It's funny how the left makes a huge deal out of this when they are by far and away the massive leader in bought-and-paid for politicians and backing from big money interests.

The Koch's are scrub-tier players when it comes to buying politicians and elections.

I agree that there is no difference between two individuals and a union of more than a million workers. Good point.

• Locked thread