Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Happened every 5 seconds

I'm moving to Britain and putting the biggest bullbar I can find on the meanest chavviest Saxo I can find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I'm moving to Britain and putting the biggest bullbar I can find on the meanest chavviest Saxo I can find.

Wanna swap places???

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Mooseykins posted:

That's what that crossing is like all day, every day.

The only time i have ever enjoying going over it was when my van was in regen and was dumping thick white noxious smoke. While waiting for the idiots to take their pictures i high-idled it and they got the point.

If you ever watch that and see a dark red van VW van with an angry driver calling pedestrians cunts, it's quite possibly me.

I'll be honest, Mooseykins, I am kind of disappointed in you:

As a bona fide London van driver, I expected you to be complaining about how you have to jetwash tourist blood off your van at the end of every day.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

spog posted:

As a bona fide London van driver, I expected you to be complaining about how you have to jetwash tourist blood off your van at the end of every day.

Why would you wash it off?

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

spog posted:

Watch the streaming video.

http://www.abbeyroad.com/Crossing

I guarantee you will see stupidity within 60secs of watching.

I looked just now and was disappointed. Not many dickheads about at 3am i guess.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Is it legal for a pedestrian to simply stop in the middle of a crossing for no logical reason? Why don't the cops just hang out there and write tickets until they develop carpal tunnel syndrome from overuse? I feel like this is a fixable problem, and it's very obviously causing an impediment to traffic that is dangerous and ought to be dealt with.

EDIT: Alternately, why don't the authorities simply remove that zebra crossing and say, basically, "this is why you can't have nice things!"

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
If there are that many tourists then close it off and monetize it, poo poo. America style.

It should be costing these fools a 20 each to take this pic.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

There is a stupid cricket in my attic, and the chirping is driving me nuts.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Signifncantly less honking to do in our future folks! :haw: http://www.bmwusanews.com/newsrelease.do;jsessionid=2E922F0EF6F1F654C3498E5F204DC719?&id=2405

quote:

Woodcliff Lake, N.J. – July 27, 2015... The BMW Group announced today that it is the first manufacturer to bring the EnLighten App, by Connected Signals, into the car. Drivers of BMW Vehicles with iOS Devices will be able to see traffic signal data on the vehicle’s display in real time. The EnLighten app makes driving in cities easier by helping the driver anticipate traffic signal changes, which can increase safety and help save fuel by avoiding unnecessary acceleration.

The EnLighten app shows the current status of the traffic light in front of the car in real time as well as a countdown to when the signal will change. Based on the current vehicle position, as well as its speed, the EnLighten app offers a recommendation about whether or not to stop for the traffic light or proceed through. An audio alert notifies the driver about a pending change in the signal they are approaching.
Oh maybe not

quote:

At intersections where there are dedicated traffic signals for turns, the activation of the vehicle’s turn indicator tells the app of the driver’s intention to turn so that only the status of the relevant signal is displayed.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

quote:

Drivers of BMW Vehicles with iOS Devices will be able to see traffic signal data on the vehicle’s display in real time.

...because having people looking at screens whilst driving is something we need them to do instead of I dunno, looking ahead out of the windscreen whilst moving?

If drivers are this poo poo then gently caress it, stop everyone driving it's clear we're incapable.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Seeing as it requires the driver to indicate I don't think BMW were the right target for this.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

88h88 posted:

...because having people looking at screens whilst driving is something we need them to do instead of I dunno, looking ahead out of the windscreen whilst moving?

If drivers are this poo poo then gently caress it, stop everyone driving it's clear we're incapable.

:agreed:

If I'm reading it right though, it's shown on the vehicle's display which I'm hope it's near the usual dials and stuff. If it's only on the phone then welp.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Vice did a write up of that dude falling over and it's brilliance.

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/a-brief-overanalysis-of-that-road-rage-video-where-that-guy-smashes-his-face-on-a-pavement-606

quote:

Let us dive into the glassy lake that is this video, this video that went viral this weekend of a man losing his poo poo with a cyclist so hard he falls over breaking his fingers and his face, exhibiting a rage so pure and intense that it becomes almost beautiful, a rage so ever-burning and infinite that the person in the passenger seat doesn't even blink at it, they are so used to it, they don't even say a thing.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
God drat the writing for that article really is a thing of beauty.

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?

spog posted:

I've always meant to ask this, but what do the zigzaggy street lines mean?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

nitrogen posted:

https://www.gov.uk/using-the-road-159-to-203/pedestrian-crossings-191-to-199

No parking or overtaking, no excuse.

Of course, while I was typing this, a transit van stopped on the wrong side of the road, on the zig-zags and unloaded - so we should add the caveat 'only if the police can be bothered'

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

spog posted:

Don't be silly, i don't wash my van.

nitrogen posted:

No stopping. It's so both pedestrians and traffic have a good clear view of each other. 3 Points & £100 fine if caught stopped on zig-zags.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

No stopping as in parking, or are you breaking the law if you're waiting for a signal to change and traffic happens to put you in a zigzag zone?

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Safety Dance posted:

No stopping as in parking, or are you breaking the law if you're waiting for a signal to change and traffic happens to put you in a zigzag zone?

You can stop/pause between them like waiting in traffic, but you can't stop there for parking/loading/waiting or anything like that.

For places you can't stop at all, even if traffic stops we have yellow boxes/hatchings:

And yes, people frequently stop on these too.

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?
I love this, you have "Toucan, puffin and equestrian crossings" as well as "Zebra Crossings"

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

spog posted:

My god what a wicked drinking game you could fashion out of this.

Selfiesticks, four people doing the pose across the crossing, people shooting the poo poo out of the Abbey Road sign, photographers upholding traffic on the jagged line / incoming lane / meeting lane, honks, long horns, near-hits, successful hits and finally drink the whole bottle when you see 3+ orange robe monks walking across.

and people who walk out into traffic without looking

e: Streaker spotted

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Aug 3, 2015

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

nitrogen posted:

I love this, you have "Toucan, puffin and equestrian crossings" as well as "Zebra Crossings"

"There are 6 different types of pedestrian crossing:- School crossing, Zebra, Pelican, Puffin, Toucan and Pegasus."

Honestly, what the UK needs is more types of pedestrian crossings. Abbey road can be a new type called a "oval office crossing" due to it's primary use as a method of pointlessly slowing traffic so tourists can take mediocre pictures. Another type could be "two-wheeled twat crossing" because cyclists think that not only are they above traffic laws, but they can use any kind of pedestrian crossing while on a bike too.

MrLonghair posted:

Selfiesticks, four people doing the pose across the crossing, people shooting the poo poo out of the Abbey Road sign, photographers upholding traffic on the jagged line / incoming lane / meeting lane, honks, long horns, near-hits, successful hits and finally drink the whole bottle when you see 3+ orange robe monks walking across.

You'd have alcohol poisoning in a number of minutes.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

MrLonghair posted:

I vote we never play this, ever.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

http://gfycat.com/NecessaryHarmfulDinosaur

Some people just don't understand how to cross a road I guess.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Mooseykins posted:

Don't be silly, i don't wash my van.

Something has been nagging at me for a while: previously, you've stated that your van was 'burgandy' in colour.

Yet we all know that in the UK, Transit-type vans are only available in a) white or b) BT grey.

I have to ask you: is your van decorated with the blood of your slain foes from the road?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Just had an amazing thing happen in front of me.

Pulling up to an intersection, riding my motorcycle, to make a right. Huge, wide end of the road, about three vehicles wide. One side people pull to to right turn, one side people pull to to take a left turn. The middle sits empty. There's a red SUV in front of me waiting to turn right as I pull up, a white Vibe with its turn signal to go left just approaching the intersection.

Out of nowhere the Vibe decides NO WAIT WE'RE TURNING RIGHT and jerks their wheel straight right and pulls a 90 turn out in front of me without even glancing in the mirror, the side of the vehicle almost hitting my front tire, so I lay on my horn for about a second and a half until the driver even seems to notice.

I hear a yelled "HOLD THE gently caress UP" from the red SUV. The passenger in the front tries to open the door, fails somehow, so he comes leaping out the window, falls almost flat on his face. Gets up and does the wide armed "WHAT?!" stance, and screams "WHO THE gently caress DO YOU THINK YOU ARE BLOWING YOUR HORN AT US?" ................. at the white Vibe.

I don't want to get this young, stupid pair murdered, so I popped my visor up and said "Hey, it was me honking at them, they just cut me off" and he doesn't hear me. Starts screaming some more, goes for his waistband, yells "gently caress I DROPPED IT" and dives into the weeds at the side of the road digging furiously, "JUST GO THE gently caress AROUND, GET THE gently caress OUT OF HERE!" and the driver of the red SUV pulls off to the side of the road and gets out to help him start looking for whatever he dropped (Probably a gun) while the people in the Vibe are still sitting there totally stunned.

Passenger in the Vibe opens his door "Yeah it wasn't us... oh and sorry we cut you off," shuts the door, they take off. Guys are still rooting in the weeds. Road's clear, I go too.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

:stare:

TNO
Jul 9, 2006

I drank all your Kool-Aid.

spog posted:

If there is any one place in the world that needs a coal-rolling brotruck doing donuts, it's there.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

I'll just leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHTUMGx-NUE

@ 2:07

:stonkhat:

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
I-35 between Oklahoma City and Dallas had some bad rock slides around Davis, and the southbound lane narrows from two lanes to one, so the northbound traffic can be routed around the construction work and onto the southbound side of the freeway, for less than a mile. Of course, this creates massive backups both north and southbound since no one can figure out how to zipper merge.

I was driving back to Dallas two weeks ago with some coworkers after a business trip up to OKC, and I told them, "hey this is where it narrows down to one lane, and I guarantee you some jerk will probably ride in the middle of two lanes so people won't pass him, even though the merge is a mile ahead". I also told them that I was going to lay on the horn if this happened, and it wasn't road rage so be prepared.

I was prophetic of me, but much scarier. I'm in the left lane passing traffic and a RV in front of me merges to the backed up right lane, and there's a full mile of clear left lane to drive on until the merge. About a quarter mile later a jerk in a big Dodge truck is riding the median and I slowly approach him, then hug the left shoulder as I pass him while holding down my horn. The guy actually swerved towards me and tried to run me into the median!

My boss yelled at me, but we have rental insurance and that guy was a jerk.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Holy gently caress.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

GramCracker posted:

I vote we never play this, ever.

Within a minute I saw a cyclist cross the zigzag lines into the oncoming lane, overtake a car that was yielding to the pedestrians and then jump onto the pavement by the crosswalk. Brilliant.

Edit: Holy poo poo this is infuriating. It should be legal to shoot these people on sight. Maybe putting a traffic light there could work too but but let's not half-rear end this. Maybe the fox hunting people could be useful for once.

Let's just stand in the middle of the road there.

There were just a whole bunch of assholes doing the thing and being cunts in general.

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Aug 4, 2015

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

I did just saw a black cab basically force some people posing right in front of him out the way by using his car as a battering ram while they screamed and shouted at him, was quite cathartic.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6I_P5a6RC8&t=24s

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

its a matter of time before this guy removes himself from the gene pool

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Twice I have seen an SUV overloaded with cargo and passengers that the fullsize spare underneath the car was hitting the road on certain bumps and curbs. One was on the highway that I'm sure had the poor motor pegged into redline to keep up with traffic at 60 MPH.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Ringo Star Get posted:

Twice I have seen an SUV overloaded with cargo and passengers that the fullsize spare underneath the car was hitting the road on certain bumps and curbs. One was on the highway that I'm sure had the poor motor pegged into redline to keep up with traffic at 60 MPH.

The mythical SUV with more than two people in it? Congrats on spotting the Unicorn!

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

I didn't see the suggested time-stamp and watched the whole video - most suspenseful two minutes of my life. You know something's gonna go wrong, but not where or when.... until it does.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Same. It's Russian so you know it's going to be special and then comes the waiting...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

Ukrainians you share the road with:
http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=be5_1438690738