Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Chris Christie posted:

It's looks to me like the decline in unemployment and the increase in GDP and wages for both states basically mirrors one another since 2011. And in a state (Wisconsin) that is less diversified industrially and more heavily dependent on manufacturing, and with an economic hub (Milwaukee) that isn't as large or prosperous as the Twin Cities. Walker and the GOP inherited a Wisconsin in 2011 that was also less healthy than Minnesota (which impacts public spending) and less educated (which impacts employment, income, etc.). Yet it seems to this outsider that despite these disadvantages, changes in employment, wages, and state GDP basically mirror one another between the 2 states.

You do know Scott Walker has been strangling the budget out of the Wisconsin school system, right?
I have several wisconsin educators in my family and all they ever post on facebook is about how Scott Walker is destroying their jobs and their childrens' futures.

So if you're whining that Wisconsin is doing poorly because it's poorly educated, then you are damning your own argument.

"The cumulative cut to public schools since 2011 – the first Governor Walker budget – is nearly $1.7 billion."

But thank goodness he saved them all from those greedy teachers' unions.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Aug 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

So nice to see that our political system has effectively been reduced to battles between billionaires :allears:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

DaveWoo posted:

So nice to see that our political system has effectively been reduced to battles between billionaires :allears:

The more time they spend flinging poo poo at each other, the less energy they have to devote to loving the other 99% of people in this country.

Feather
Mar 1, 2003
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

Alter Ego posted:

The more time they spend flinging poo poo at each other, the less energy they have to devote to loving the other 99% of people in this country.

Much like "passive" income capital, their money so to speak can do the loving. So twitter slapfights and retreats aren't going to slow them down at all.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Presidential candidates and the Instagram accounts their followers most commonly follow. There'll be a whole lot of bummer Kasich fans once they learn he's actually a Steelers fan.

Republicans

Jeb Bush (@jebbush): The Rock (@therock)

Donald Trump (@realdonaldtrump): Katy Perry (@katyperry)

Rand Paul (@drrandpaul): Johnny Manziel (@jmanziel2)

Scott Walker (@scottwalker): Ellen Degeneres (@theellenshow)

Marco Rubio (@marcorubiofla): CNN en Espanol (@cnnee)

Chris Christie (@chrischristie): Khloe Kardashian (@khloekardashian)

Bobby Jindal (@bobbyjindal): The White House (@whitehouse)

Rick Perry (@governorperry): Miranda Lambert (@mirandalambert)

Ben Carson (@realbencarson): Duck Dynasty (@duckdynastyae)

John Kasich (@johnkasich): Cleveland Cavaliers (@cavs)

Mike Huckabee (@govmikehuckabee): Lawson Bates (@lawbates)

Rick Santorum (@ricksantorum): tie between Fox News (@foxnews) and DJ from Full House (@candacecbure)

George Pataki (governorpataki): John Boehner (@speakerboehner)

Lindsey Graham (@lindseygrahamsc): Reese Witherspoon (@reesewitherspoon)
Democrats

Hillary Clinton (@hillaryclinton): Kourtney Kardashian (@kourtneykardash)

Bernie Sanders (@berniesanders): Aziz Ansari (@azizansari)

Martin O’Malley (@martinomalley): The Washington Post (@washingtonpost)

Lincoln Chaffee (@lincchafee): George W. Bush (@georgewbush)

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
http://gawker.com/call-donald-trumps-cell-phone-and-ask-him-about-his-imp-1720472577

I CALLED IT!

DONALD PICKED UP!

HE WAS NOT HAPPY!

MY DAY HAS BEEN MADE!

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Are you going to respond to any of the points anyone has made countering your argument in regards to Union spending and Act Blue and stuff? Because I'd actually like to see you respond to that.

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

Veskit posted:

What about the part where actblue is a non profit donation distribution website that only accept small donations to give to candidates?

Well lets take a look.

http://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/pacgave2.php?sort=A&cmte=C00401224&cycle=2014&Page=1

only 923 donations over 200

They must have 500K+ people donating to them to get to 63 million.

Useless Shotgun
Nov 5, 2010

Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a woman's man: no time to talk.

Joementum posted:

I cannot for the life of me understand the crossover appeal here.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Joementum posted:

Presidential candidates and the Instagram accounts their followers most commonly follow. There'll be a whole lot of bummer Kasich fans once they learn he's actually a Steelers fan.

Republicans

Jeb Bush (@jebbush): The Rock (@therock)

Donald Trump (@realdonaldtrump): Katy Perry (@katyperry)

Rand Paul (@drrandpaul): Johnny Manziel (@jmanziel2)

Scott Walker (@scottwalker): Ellen Degeneres (@theellenshow)

Marco Rubio (@marcorubiofla): CNN en Espanol (@cnnee)

Bobby Jindal (@bobbyjindal): The White House (@whitehouse)

Rick Perry (@governorperry): Miranda Lambert (@mirandalambert)

Ben Carson (@realbencarson): Duck Dynasty (@duckdynastyae)

John Kasich (@johnkasich): Cleveland Cavaliers (@cavs)

Mike Huckabee (@govmikehuckabee): Lawson Bates (@lawbates)

Rick Santorum (@ricksantorum): tie between Fox News (@foxnews) and DJ from Full House (@candacecbure)

George Pataki (governorpataki): John Boehner (@speakerboehner)

Lindsey Graham (@lindseygrahamsc): Reese Witherspoon (@reesewitherspoon)
Democrats

Hillary Clinton (@hillaryclinton): Kourtney Kardashian (@kourtneykardash)

Bernie Sanders (@berniesanders): Aziz Ansari (@azizansari)

Martin O’Malley (@martinomalley): The Washington Post (@washingtonpost)

Lincoln Chaffee (@lincchafee): George W. Bush (@georgewbush)

Why? The cavs are an NBA team. If his followers were following the Bengals, this would make more sense as a joke.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Dahn posted:

Well lets take a look.

http://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/pacgave2.php?sort=A&cmte=C00401224&cycle=2014&Page=1

only 923 donations over 200

They must have 500K+ people donating to them to get to 63 million.

aannnnddd?

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Chris Christie, please vote for Bernie Sanders.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

AsInHowe posted:

http://gawker.com/call-donald-trumps-cell-phone-and-ask-him-about-his-imp-1720472577

I CALLED IT!

DONALD PICKED UP!

HE WAS NOT HAPPY!

MY DAY HAS BEEN MADE!

:laffo:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Alter Ego posted:

I'd argue Kansas as an example of Reaganomics in action works even better, but since Scott Walker is actually running for President Wisconsin works just fine.

Minnesota and Wisconsin have similar manufacturing bases and can be fruitfully compared. Kansas' manufacturing base is aeronautics-oriented and the population is less urban.

[quote]Minnesota and Wisconsin offer something close to a laboratory experiment in competing economic policies. Since the 2010 elections of Democratic Governor Mark Dayton in Minnesota and Republican Governor Scott Walker in Wisconsin, these neighboring states with similar populations and economies have pursued radically different strategies[/url].

Article goes on to provide some useful data and analysis, worth a read.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

“Hello, who is this?” in Trump’s unmistakable voice.

“Donald?”, I said.

“Yeah, who is this, how did you get this number?” was the reply.

“Just wanted to share the great news!”

“What!”

“Your phone number is on Gawker.com! *laughter* Gonna be a fun day today! *more laughter*”

*rage noise, phone clicks*

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

AsInHowe posted:

I CALLED IT!

DONALD PICKED UP!

HE WAS NOT HAPPY!

MY DAY HAS BEEN MADE!

Rofl, paybacks a btich

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Tell me someone recorded one of these calls

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Slate Action posted:

Tell me someone recorded one of these calls

I would've recorded it and actually thought of something funny to say if I had more time, but the first one to break the news has to go quick.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Hi Donald, I'd like to tell you about a man named Bernie Sanders

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004
Strange, Reverse lookup shows it as a trac phone number.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Chris Christie posted:

Query, when exactly did Scott Walker take over for the prior, Democratic governor of Wisconsin? When exactly did the GOP take over Wisconsin???

I don't live there, but Google search tells me that Walker took the top job and the GOP took majorities in both chambers of the legislature in January of 2011.

It's looks to me like the decline in unemployment and the increase in GDP and wages for both states basically mirrors one another since 2011. And in a state (Wisconsin) that is less diversified industrially and more heavily dependent on manufacturing, and with an economic hub (Milwaukee) that isn't as large or prosperous as the Twin Cities. Walker and the GOP inherited a Wisconsin in 2011 that was also less healthy than Minnesota (which impacts public spending) and less educated (which impacts employment, income, etc.). Yet it seems to this outsider that despite these disadvantages, changes in employment, wages, and state GDP basically mirror one another between the 2 states.

Look closer at the rates and you'll see a distinct difference. The gaps in performance are accelerating. Also, because Walker has been slobbering all over job-creator knobs, and Dayton (hail Dayton) has been ushering in full communism, Wisconsin should be doing much better than Minnesota, right? Perhaps cutting taxes and regulations and privatizing everything, while cutting education and social services spending isn't really good policy?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I think we need to know if Donald Trump has stairs in his house.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

I say we should all send messages of encouragement. He needs us.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Joementum posted:

I think we need to know if Donald Trump has stairs in his house.

Escalators.

Chad Thundercock
Aug 1, 2015

AsInHowe posted:

I CALLED IT!

DONALD PICKED UP!

HE WAS NOT HAPPY!

MY DAY HAS BEEN MADE!

holy poo poo, what'd he say

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Dahn posted:

Strange, Reverse lookup shows it as a trac phone number.

You don't get rich by paying postpaid carrier rates and buying phones on contract.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Chad Thundercock posted:

holy poo poo, what'd he say

AsInHowe posted:

“Hello, who is this?” in Trump’s unmistakable voice.

“Donald?”, I said.

“Yeah, who is this, how did you get this number?” was the reply.

“Just wanted to share the great news!”

“What!”

“Your phone number is on Gawker.com! *laughter* Gonna be a fun day today! *more laughter*”

*rage noise, phone clicks*

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

AsInHowe posted:

I CALLED IT!

DONALD PICKED UP!

HE WAS NOT HAPPY!

MY DAY HAS BEEN MADE!

This whole week is going to be so amazing

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

"Lindsey Graham sends his regards"

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

End of Life Guy posted:

I say we should all send messages of encouragement. He needs us.

Great idea

I just like the idea of someone spending the time to translate my lovely Japanese for him, even though I know no one will see it nor care.

Still, worth it :getin:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Everyone text The Donald and urge him to take a public stand against Citizens United.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Just wait until you all get on Trump's super secret SMS spam mailing list.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Silly Burrito posted:

Just wait until you all get on Trump's super secret SMS spam mailing list.

You say it like it's a bad thing.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Tried to text and it bounced back. How many texts does it take to fill up the memory of a modern goddamn phone?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

make sure to text him encouragements to run third party. we got to keep this cain train rolling

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

also this is genius on gawkers part, trump is going to publicly wage war/sue them and theyll get tons of free publicity

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Aliquid posted:

Tried to text and it bounced back. How many texts does it take to fill up the memory of a modern goddamn phone?

Not bouncing back for me. I'm currently trying to woo him with dog pictures.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Aliquid posted:

I think the limit's based on your cell phone plan/carrier rules, not your phone's physical memory.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Shame he probably won't read any of these

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

also this is genius on gawkers part, trump is going to publicly wage war/sue them and theyll get tons of free publicity

If they can survive the Hulk Hogan case...

• Locked thread