Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Are there any goons playing on EU? And would it be any use to form a Pantheon that will never last but at least we could play pretend for a while?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cryos are assholes who still steal your pearls while you're killing the other murlocs.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.

Aphrodite posted:

Cryos are assholes who still steal your pearls while you're killing the other murlocs.

Guilty as charged. Learned a lot about the wordfilter that way.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
We need more money for buildings. Please donate. Thanks.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

SettingSun posted:

I have this happen to me very rarely (happened to me twice over about 30 instances so far) but when it does happen I have to leave the mission and re-queue.

I've been queuing since then without problems, at least. Bad luck I guess that of my first three attempts, two were bugged.

If I'm queued, what else can I do? Can I run around one of those Regions?

Edit: This game is terrible, but I am actually having fun with my tennis-playing light lady. If you ignore the MMO aspect of it - which is really easy to do - it plays like a solid action grind. When you get bored, go queue for a thing and mash butan with other spergs. I'm not 2000 whatever points yet though.

Thursday Next fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Aug 2, 2015

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
I really like majority of the aspects of this game but god drat I just want to unlock the archer class. Raising the nodes right before getting the symbol to 300+ was a real dick move.

More Spread Sheet poo poo!

[SCG] Yokai's V2 guide to managing difficulty via Prestige/Proficiency/Talents
https://na.portal.sf.my.com/comments/55bbbbee3798c9ac4868d993/5?page=1

I swear to Christ this game is a sperg dreamland.

[Sneak Peek] Anomalies. The place where you get sparks for Pink Nodes.
https://eu.portal.sf.my.com/comments/55ba6527ac7261f13eb8514a?page=1

Guide to all the various guides
https://eu.portal.sf.my.com/comments/55be0ecfac7261f13eb89cfe?page=1

BexGu fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Aug 2, 2015

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Where do I go to report bugs?

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Perhaps I'm a loving moron, but I cannot figure out how to send a message to someone that I am not targeting. Just want a guild invite is all :( In game is Jebodiah Springfield

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Morglon posted:

For AoE murdering dudes you can't go wrong with Witch, Archer being a close second.

Witch is more about ending the DoT early to do massive damage.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

BexGu posted:

I really like majority of the aspects of this game but god drat I just want to unlock the archer class. Raising the nodes right before getting the symbol to 300+ was a real dick move.

More Spread Sheet poo poo!

[SCG] Yokai's V2 guide to managing difficulty via Prestige/Proficiency/Talents
https://na.portal.sf.my.com/comments/55bbbbee3798c9ac4868d993/5?page=1

I swear to Christ this game is a sperg dreamland.

[Sneak Peek] Anomalies. The place where you get sparks for Pink Nodes.
https://eu.portal.sf.my.com/comments/55ba6527ac7261f13eb8514a?page=1

Guide to all the various guides
https://eu.portal.sf.my.com/comments/55be0ecfac7261f13eb89cfe?page=1

Sorry as per the OP we only accept guides from reddit.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
the last yokai's guide was worthless and full of dumb poo poo

wonder if the new one is any better

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Unguided posted:

Well, Taint is actually pretty powerful. When playing the promo at 19k prestige, 3 stacks do 20-30k damage over 10 seconds. And I know the promo version's stats aren't well optimized as I crit way less often. Add Lacerated Wound, and later the Valor or STR DoTs, on top and you have some great free damage.

But yeah, Warlock/Witch is all about combining DoTs with burst damage. The burst isn't as good as Berserker/Kinetic which apparently makes them less desirable in distortions, but the sustained damage is incredible. Even the promo version beats my Slayer (but not my Berserker) in boss killing speed.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Jebediah posted:

Perhaps I'm a loving moron, but I cannot figure out how to send a message to someone that I am not targeting. Just want a guild invite is all :( In game is Jebodiah Springfield
Enter -> up -> search -> enter -> write name -> select them -> send message

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Unguided posted:

Not really, no.

Windchilla
May 30, 2009

Lawlicaust posted:

We need more money for buildings. Please donate. Thanks.

If a lowly subhuman such as myself could donate 300k surely you fine paragons of virtue could match it.

Windchilla
May 30, 2009

Liberatore posted:

Even the promo version beats my Slayer (but not my Berserker) in boss killing speed.

Do you have Aegis? It may not fully scale to your prestige, but my slayer can 1 shot any non-shielding/invulning boss using Aegis + Twilight Scourge with 6 dash cancels. If you time the buffed Twilight Scourge properly you get the bonus crit/crit damage to 2 attacks instead of 1, giving you 4-6 buffed Scourges depending on how many you started with pre-cloak.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

I never thought about using Aegis to get more cancels, but I can't get the timing between the Twilight Scourges at 3 and 4 buff stacks right. Most of the time the second one doesn't seem to deal damage, which I thought was because it's inside the animation of the first, but then I saw this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfATfliPwx4

That person has the same ping I do, and I seriously doubt I could get any more than 3 crit Twilight Scourges in that window without starting at 2 stacks. But even if I could, I don't think I would be able to kill most bosses on Impossible with one Shadow Cloaking.

Edit: Apparently you have to take a step after you dash to make the next attack register, so that explains what I was doing wrong. Knowing this should also help my Berserker's dash cancels.

Edit2: Oh, I get what you mean with the 4-6 buffed attacks thing. So you get 4 maximum damage Twilight Scourges at most. With Element of Surprise and starting at 2 stacks that might be enough to kill (Impossible) bosses in one Shadow Cloaking.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Aug 3, 2015

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
So what's the situation with class headwear? I thought you got them for clearing the final guy in training without taking damage, but I'm pretty sure I've done that several times and I've only gotten one hat.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

You don't. The headgear, other than the Archer one, is available only to that particular class.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It doesn't really work anyway.

Windchilla
May 30, 2009

Liberatore posted:

make the next attack register, so that explains what I was doing wrong. Knowing this should also help my Berserker's dash cancels.

Edit2: Oh, I get what you mean with the 4-6 buffed attacks thing. So you get 4 maximum damage Twilight Scourges at most. With Element of Surprise and starting at 2 stacks that might be enough to kill (Impossible) bosses in one Shadow Cloaking.

Yeah, the movement bit is key, especially if you have high ping. I sometimes don't have to move, but I have a sub 40ms a lot of the time and that helps. Currently I can 100 to 0 nearly every impossible boss if I have 2 stacks going in, but I know the scaling doesn't totally keep up at higher prestige.

I guess bonus crit damage will keep scaling though, so with enough luck gear and nodes it may be possible to keep up the insane damage at high levels.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

I'm pretty sure it only gets better at higher prestige, due to better optimized stats and symbols, e.g. the aforementioned Element of Surprise which now gives me +24% damage for the first 8 seconds of the fight and is even better on Slayer.

I will have to test it again, anyway. I didn't have Element of Surprise and my stats were a bit less optimized by the time I finished Slayer and switched to Berserker.

Windchilla
May 30, 2009
Yeah, that's true and those % bonuses are all additive in this game I think. I know the class ones are at least (alchemist, lightbring etc). I also forgot about Maximum Recoil. With all that poo poo stacked up the damage will get seriously disgusting endgame.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Damage gets seriously disgusting way, way earlier than that which is why PvP is a total joke. Some classes will just completely burst you down in no seconds flat and there's nothing you can do unless you're a Necro or a tank with shields up.

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Morglon posted:

Damage gets seriously disgusting way, way earlier than that which is why PvP is a total joke. Some classes will just completely burst you down in no seconds flat and there's nothing you can do unless you're a Necro or a tank with shields up.

Pally symbol helps with this quite a bit.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Liberatore posted:

I'm pretty sure it only gets better at higher prestige, due to better optimized stats and symbols, e.g. the aforementioned Element of Surprise which now gives me +24% damage for the first 8 seconds of the fight and is even better on Slayer.

I will have to test it again, anyway. I didn't have Element of Surprise and my stats were a bit less optimized by the time I finished Slayer and switched to Berserker.

As resident slayer boss, what do you recommend for a skill/trait setup for slayer? I'm still probably a reset off of getting all of its skills but I think I might start swapping over for bosses anyway if I can get a handle on them.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Pesterchum posted:

As resident slayer boss, what do you recommend for a skill/trait setup for slayer? I'm still probably a reset off of getting all of its skills but I think I might start swapping over for bosses anyway if I can get a handle on them.

For the Twilight Scoure thing, you want to use Shadow Cloaking, Aegis of Night, and the talents Surprise Effect, Biting Whips and Shadow Blessing.

Beyond this, you want Blood Harvest, Smoke Grenade and Sneak Attack. The choice between Shadow and Flight of the Shadow doesn't matter as both are bad. Shadowland is good in PvP as Blood Harvest will continue dealing damage to enemies in the shadow realm, giving you an edge in 1v1s and when outnumbered. Use a Blood Harvest weapon and Blood Harvest amulets. After the nerf you may want to switch to a Backflip weapon.

The only talents I consider must have other than the Twilight Scourge ones are Cutthroat Fervor and Deadly Accuracy, but I also use Major Hatred, Choking Smoke and and Chain Murders. The latter two are not useful against bosses, so you may want to skip them if you're using Slayer only for boss kills. Pain Spot Expert is not a bad choice.

For symbols, you want Maximum Recoil + Ultimate Strength or Mobilization depending on whether you went Luck/Strength or Luck/Valor, as well as Lacerated Wound, Element of Surprise and a number of class symbols; the best ones being Paladin and Archer. There are numerous other good symbols, including most class ones, so it's hard to go wrong here.

Edit: Also, Major Hatred is a personal preference. Most people skip it.

Prel posted:

Pally symbol helps with this quite a bit.

Paladin symbol is a must for PvP. Not having a support you're communicating with in 3v3 is a massive disadvantage, but the Paladin symbol will at least give you the opportunity to hit the enemy team a few times. I find 10v10 much better in this regard, it's too bad the queues are going to remain stupidly long until the grouping patch.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Aug 3, 2015

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

lewtt posted:

this game is pretty fun as a vindictus refugee
i mean nexon refugee
i mean emotional abuse refugee

honestly this game is truly about how you can be a berserker god clad in a radical viking helmet and only designer skivvies, whilst wielding a chainsword that chucks out red enemy medical goo by the gallons. when you come back to town you send your minions out on WoW garrison/neverwinter style missions to build churches worshipping you and your designer skivvies, until you get bored of them and turn them all into door to door hopping jehova's witnesses. there's a story or something but it's kinda hard to take seriously with every character having jiggletits.

I don't care if this was on page 1.

loving sold. Vindictus can kiss my rear end.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I don't care if this was on page 1.

loving sold. Vindictus can kiss my rear end.

You're alright. Come be Russia God with us.

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
I believe in Jesus, our one Lord and GOD to be man's savior. Let us praise him at all times.

Two Feet From Bread posted:

This game has a boob slider. Guess im going to be a girl.

Also, if you rotate/shake the avatar in the style menu they jiggle. Sure-- magic, tech and teleportation is available, but a sports bra is out of the question.

Edit: Also, the game reminds me more of Neverwinter than anything else. The not quite active combat--active combat.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Boob slider and two butt sliders. We're getting butt jiggle as well once the guy fine tuning the breast jiggle gets it just right. No I'm not joking.

Comparisons to Neverwinter are a bit unfair, at least in my opinion. It strongly depends on your class and unlike Neverwinter you will rarely be locked in place while attacking which is huge. Oddly enough it's also less designed to make you suffer, unlocks carry over between classes and you will always progress in some way while also having a lot of choices in terms of where you actually want to get to and how you get there. Now if only they would copy the chat system Neverwinter and Cryptic in general have in place it would be amazing, say what you will about those guys but their chat is done super well and other games should emulate that.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.

Morglon posted:

Comparisons to Neverwinter are a bit unfair, at least in my opinion. It strongly depends on your class and unlike Neverwinter you will rarely be locked in place while attacking which is huge. Oddly enough it's also less designed to make you suffer, unlocks carry over between classes and you will always progress in some way while also having a lot of choices in terms of where you actually want to get to and how you get there. Now if only they would copy the chat system Neverwinter and Cryptic in general have in place it would be amazing, say what you will about those guys but their chat is done super well and other games should emulate that.
Cryptic's system is just a single external chat server which all their games connect to, and which you can connect to separately from outside the game using Pidgin or whatever - if the aelinet ever works, it'll actually be pretty similar, at least in terms of functionality.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Clairetic posted:

Cryptic's system is just a single external chat server which all their games connect to, and which you can connect to separately from outside the game using Pidgin or whatever - if the aelinet ever works, it'll actually be pretty similar, at least in terms of functionality.

I know and it's still amazing that nobody else does it. Or does it well at least. Because their poo poo works.

v I know right

Morglon fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Aug 3, 2015

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

Morglon posted:

I know and it's still amazing that nobody else does it. Or does it well at least. Because their poo poo works.

It's also insane to me that Cryptic is still like the only studio ever that uses account names so character names don't have to be loving unique.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Prestige scaling has been confirmed for the patch on the 11th. Also, a moderator stated the patch notes are currently 16 pages long but when the content drop was released on RU, the patch notes were two pages long. Seems we're getting a month and a half worth of patches (May 05 to June 24) or more.

Gealar
May 2, 2013

Liberatore posted:

Prestige scaling has been confirmed for the patch on the 11th. Also, a moderator stated the patch notes are currently 16 pages long but when the content drop was released on RU, the patch notes were two pages long. Seems we're getting a month and a half worth of patches (May 05 to June 24) or more.

Is there a stated reason why we are so far behind the RU version?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Hopefully we also get a Path of Exile kind of builder as well.

Until then look at this chart and despair:

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Gealar posted:

Is there a stated reason why we are so far behind the RU version?

Probably because of the content drop. It was released not long after the RU version went into open beta, and that poo poo takes a while to be localized. They of course couldn't release any more patches until that was done. Their plan is to catch up to the RU version and then stay in sync, and it looks like this patch will achieve this, or at least be pretty close.

BexGu posted:

Hopefully we also get a Path of Exile kind of builder as well.

Until then look at this chart and despair:

There is a terribly written (in autoit) ascension atlas calculator that serves its purpose:

https://portal.sf.mail.ru/comments/559ba3c251ce3a5694b90777

One of its features is the option to generate a 9750 x 6200 image of the entire atlas with your drawn route.

I used it to create this chart:

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Aug 3, 2015

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
If your toon hasn't got 100% butt you need to reroll, son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikilupo
Apr 3, 2005
Heres a question about unlocking things. I got the collectors edition so I have Alchemist and Knight unlocked, but I am unable to go from Alchemist to Gunner, theres a lock icon on the node in the atlas, do I have to start from the three classes and work my way to gunner that way or am I missing something?

• Locked thread