Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Everything Burrito posted:

New Taiyou no Ie epilogue chapter with some closure for Sugimoto.

And good for Sugimoto. It feels a bit forced, but she's nice and deserves happiness.

Had we heard her given name before this? I don't think so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Terper posted:

Neat stuff in the latest Tamen De Gushi. :)

DON"T TEXT IN CLASS, FUCKERS

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I'm happy for you. A bit aghast that anyone pays that much for manga, but happy for you.

I'm a bit aghast, too, but it's nice to know I can always just re-sell stuff. Because on the other hand (for example) today I sold a spare copy of Koisuru Boukun volume 7 on Ebay for $40 (paid $18 for that one), and a spare copy of Konbini-kun for $50 via auction, which is a bit less than what it's worth but I only paid $11 for it so I'm not too worried. So the yaoi money goes in, and the yaoi money goes out, and in, and out. So to speak.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

In and out of the yaoi hole. :)

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

So I think Yandere Kanojo was mentioned here before? Well the author has another project: A Son's Wife. It's a story about a teacher and his son's widow.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Nihilarian posted:

So I think Yandere Kanojo was mentioned here before? Well the author has another project: A Son's Wife. It's a story about a teacher and his son's widow.

It was also mentioned in the Dad Manga thread (a Very Good Thread). Hopefully it turns out well!

Also, since we were discussing ReLIFE earlier in the thread, a new chapter just came out. I'm enjoying the dramatic turn the story's taking. That last illustration though. :smith: Poor Arata.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Nondevor posted:

It was also mentioned in the Dad Manga thread (a Very Good Thread). Hopefully it turns out well!

Also, since we were discussing ReLIFE earlier in the thread, a new chapter just came out. I'm enjoying the dramatic turn the story's taking. That last illustration though. :smith: Poor Arata.

That got pretty dark, but I really like the fact that it showed more of the relationship he had with his co-worker. Which I guess kind of makes it darker.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
So reading a lot of yuri stuff, one thing I've always found peculiar is how common "blonde + black-haired" girl pairings there are. Of all the stuff I've read, maybe half a dozen is between girls with black hair, but blonde + black-haired is by far the most common. Is there a special reason for this, or is it just those are the easiest hair colors to notice, and it's more visually interesting than everyone having black hair?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think it's just an easy way to make contrasting characters when you work in primarily black and white. Either that or 90% of yuri artists just have a thing for blonde on brunette, which I'm not ruling out

Kaelan Zero
Nov 30, 2004

smut

Sakurazuka posted:

I think it's just an easy way to make contrasting characters when you work in primarily black and white. Either that or 90% of yuri artists just have a thing for blonde on brunette, which I'm not ruling out
Often the characters they draw with pale hair are described as having brown or light brown hair in dialogue - they just draw them that way because it's easier to draw them and tell them apart. Blondes are nice though. You do see a bunch of gyaru characters, blonde or otherwise, in yuri manga.

(image unrelated)

Kaelan Zero fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Jul 29, 2015

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter of Shinozaki-san - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Shinozaki-san-Ki-o-Ota-Shika-ni/Ch-024--The-Class-001-B-Afterparty?id=237114

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Feels like ages since the last chapter. Not much happening this time around though, but it was cute.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

I adore the huge girl. I think I laugh at every panel she's in.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

5 new chapters of Tsurezure Children.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Oh my god, the wide-eyed boy's friend, what a bro :qq:

My only problem with this *excellent* series is how similar all of the boys look now that the stories are all mixed together. Actually I guess the teacher chapters are kind of unsettling, but thankfully there haven't been too many of them.

E:

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jul 31, 2015

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Apparently Wingtip cafe has started translating Real Clothes again, which is awesome cause I just read all 69 chapters last night and went to sleep annoyed that there wasn't anymore of it.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

what is the deal, with the chapters of tsurezure children? the numbers are all over the place

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

end of volume extras i think

I Watson
Feb 25, 2011

Good-night, sweet prince;
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

Leper Residue posted:

Apparently Wingtip cafe has started translating Real Clothes again, which is awesome cause I just read all 69 chapters last night and went to sleep annoyed that there wasn't anymore of it.

Yay! It stalled out on such a horrible cliffhanger too, I can't wait to get the fashionable drama train moving again!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Cake Attack posted:

what is the deal, with the chapters of tsurezure children? the numbers are all over the place
Apparently the ones that are missing are from the original 4-koma collections, which were published online or something. This new set contains exactly the same ones as those online chapters (so no need to release them), but with additional ones. I think the scanlators are only uploading the new ones but keeping the number/order they would otherwise have. Hopefully sooner or later the two series will just get combined.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Nate RFB posted:

Apparently the ones that are missing are from the original 4-koma collections, which were published online or something. This new set contains exactly the same ones as those online chapters (so no need to release them), but with additional ones. I think the scanlators are only uploading the new ones but keeping the number/order they would otherwise have. Hopefully sooner or later the two series will just get combined.

They recently started putting out labels on the top right corner of the chapters - these tell which chapters of Tsurezure Children correspond with the original. It's not that helpful, but at least it's something.

But yeah, it would be way better if the two just merged. Maybe when all the volume extras get uploaded?

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!
SuBLime is doing $.99 on some volume 1's today only, and one of those is The Match Seller, the post-WWII romance I mentioned back when we were talking about yaoi - https://www.sublimemanga.com/reader/621.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Somehow I fell back into reading old-school shoujo manga with Rin-ne and Kiss & Never Cry.

Still reading Cheese In The Trap which is always a interesting outlook on a unhealthy relationship and less than fantastic cast members.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Yes! A new chapter of Wizard's Soul! I am overly hype for this!

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Help, I finished reading (what's out of) Chihayafuru, Kakukaku Shikajika, Koe no Katachi, Fujiyama-san, Taiyou no Ie and Kasane, so now I need your help to fill the void in my life. :(

I've been wondering if it might be time to get back into Kimi ni Todoke, since I stopped reading after vol 6, but somehow kept on buying it so I have up to volume 23 on my shelf. I'm too scared of being disappointed, since it was kind of the best thing ever until I ran out of released material way back then.

Is March Comes in Like a Lion worth attacking yet? I've got 10 volumes, but I'm guessing it's not quite finished yet, and I seem to have been waiting forever to start it.

Currently munching through Umimachi Diary, since it won an award or whatever. Bit depressing with all the dying parents and amputations and whatnot, though.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Baron Snow posted:

Yes! A new chapter of Wizard's Soul! I am overly hype for this!

All I can say is that man, I feel the pain of playing against that god damned deck.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

darkgray posted:

Help, I finished reading (what's out of) Chihayafuru, Kakukaku Shikajika, Koe no Katachi, Fujiyama-san, Taiyou no Ie and Kasane, so now I need your help to fill the void in my life. :(

I've been wondering if it might be time to get back into Kimi ni Todoke, since I stopped reading after vol 6, but somehow kept on buying it so I have up to volume 23 on my shelf. I'm too scared of being disappointed, since it was kind of the best thing ever until I ran out of released material way back then.

Is March Comes in Like a Lion worth attacking yet? I've got 10 volumes, but I'm guessing it's not quite finished yet, and I seem to have been waiting forever to start it.

Currently munching through Umimachi Diary, since it won an award or whatever. Bit depressing with all the dying parents and amputations and whatnot, though.

March Comes in like a Lion is definitely worth a read. I haven't kept up with Kimi no Todoke though, so I can't help you there.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

KnT is....still going. It's been spinning it's wheels for what feels like a very long time now and potentially is setting up some dumb poo poo.

I don't remember what volume corresponds with anything, but it you have them already just keep reading. But if you do get bored just stop.

I dunno, I still eagerly read each new chapter but the shine has definitely come off. :(

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

a kitten posted:

KnT is....still going. It's been spinning it's wheels for what feels like a very long time now and potentially is setting up some dumb poo poo.

I don't remember what volume corresponds with anything, but it you have them already just keep reading. But if you do get bored just stop.

I dunno, I still eagerly read each new chapter but the shine has definitely come off. :(

I like KnT and all but yeah, it's really losing it's appeal. Sawako makes a cool main character, but the story falls into so many cliches and plot traps that the more I read it the more I don't want to. The whole drat thing should have been resolved/finished a while a go. Or at least gotten way past the point where it is.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I really liked the beginning of KnT (seen both seasons but haven't read the manga) but it sort of just settles down and continues perpetually and then it felt like most progress was reset for the start of the second season. Is the manga just more of that?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
My issue with KnT is mostly that the the side character romances are really bad. As supporting characters they are fine, but stuff like Kent/Ayane was really painful. Or at least wouldn't have been so bad if they weren't dragged out so long. Sawako's story is still "fine" though it really couldn't hurt to get wrapped up sooner rather than later either.

At any rate, no matter what I strongly recommend reading March Comes in like a Lion, even though it really isn't romance-focused at all (and is in fact seinen). One of the most riveting and often soul-crushing dramas I've seen or read.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Yes, read March Comes Like a Lion, it is wonderful.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Oremonogatari. Do it.

(Hilarity option: Nisekoi)

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

Mikl posted:

Oremonogatari. Do it.

Already enjoying the anime, so I'll have to wait for that to finish up first. Might check out her earlier work Koukou Debut, if that's worth the bother?

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I didn't like Debut as much because it's illustrated by the author rather than the excellent artist who does Ore Monogatari.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

koukou debut is great

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I am glad that Aki Eda has been living the Unlimited Card Works life.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Aki Eda did a pretty cute short yuri manga Unchanging Days

Also new chapter of Hana and Hina After School in which Hina was cute at the end.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Aug 4, 2015

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Sakurazuka posted:

Aki Eda did a pretty cute short yuri manga Unchanging Days

Do you know if this is in English anywhere?

Edit: Oh, I guess google revealed that Dynasty Scans has it. I can't remember if that's the pedophile manga website, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/unchanging_days_ch01