Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

MikeJF posted:

Man first orange cat is a total dick.

It's funny how it's the adult ones that are more fearful. He's poofy but he's also the one trying to make friends, while the adults are poo poo WHAT IS THAT THING DON'T WANNA GO IN THAT ROOM AA. Ah well, cats.

He is a kitten, everything is new to him and potentially a playmate or toy. :3:

vaguely posted:

a house cat can kill a level 1 wizard, no sweat

:argh:NERD!:argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Hah, that little kitten rocks.:catstare: LET ME LOVE YOU DAMMIT!

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

My sister sent me a picture of her cat, laying on top of another cat.

Apparently they did this for hours.

FutonForensic has a new favorite as of 19:22 on Aug 3, 2015

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Organza Quiz posted:

Plenty of tame animals are capable of killing a person, they just don't. No reason why cheetahs would be any different if we bred them into pets properly.

The reason is that they weight 30 kg instead of 3 kg. Cant you really see how a cat almost 10x bigger would be a lot more dangerous as a pet?

vaguely posted:

a house cat can kill a level 1 wizard, no sweat

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Elias_Maluco posted:

The reason is that they weight 30 kg instead of 3 kg. Cant you really see how a cat almost 10x bigger would be a lot more dangerous as a pet?

Wouldn't the same argument apply to a lot of the larger Dog breeds as well?(especially since a lot of them get even bigger than a Cheetah)

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I don't think anyone was disputing dogs being able to gently caress you up. There's plenty of stories of pit bulls, etc, tearing the poo poo out of people.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I don't think anyone was disputing dogs being able to gently caress you up. There's plenty of stories of pit bulls, etc, tearing the poo poo out of people.

Still, is far more likely for a cat to attack its own keepers than for a dog to do the same. House cats are usually a lot more aggressive and wild than house dogs are.

I had cats all my life and was attacked by then countless times. Every cart owner occasionally will get scratches and bites. Fortunately, they are too small to do serious harm (although they can do, in extreme situations).

My point was: a house cheetah, if it behaved like a house cat, would probably be a very dangerous pet.

Elias_Maluco has a new favorite as of 23:16 on Aug 3, 2015

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Pit Bulls get a really bad rap that is not deserved, they are silly muscle-dogs who love people.

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

drrockso20 posted:

Wouldn't the same argument apply to a lot of the larger Dog breeds as well?(especially since a lot of them get even bigger than a Cheetah)

I think a lot of it comes down to how the animals play. A cat at play is basically a bag of claws and is perfectly capable of injuring you unintentionally, possibly by ambushing your feet first thing in the morning. Now imagine that same ambush by a 35 pound muscle bound idiot.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

axelsoar posted:

Pit Bulls get a really bad rap that is not deserved, they are silly muscle-dogs who love people.

God, don't start this argument.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

"Guess where I just pooped"

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Chard posted:

"Guess where I just pooped"

"If you guessed 'in my slipper' then you are correct!"

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

"Well, I certainly didn't poo poo in your boots"

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Thank you for giving me an opportunity to post Sharky.

He lives in the same house as that cat in a shark costume riding a roomba.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

When I was a kid we had a cat that my dad rescued from a skip ouside his workplace and brought home to keep my mother company when she was pregnant with my older sister. Apparently she would hide under the stairs and then leap out when my mother was passing by, dig her claws into her legs and slide down, causing deep scratches that confused and concerned the midwife.

I have a clear memory of when I was about four years old and I wanted to go to the kitchen, but our cat was lying in the hallway in front of the door, so I decided I wasn't going to drink anything that day because I had already learned not to take the risk of stepping over that cat.

What I'm saying is, if that had been a cheetah my family would be dead.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

pik_d posted:

"Well, I certainly didn't poo poo in your boots"

So, any sudden stops and this guy would be doing a headstand?

Also, on cheetah chat:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
When my younger brother was about two or three, he decided to pick up the lovely, gentle family Siamese and drop her on my face while I was sleeping. I still have a faint scar by my right eye, and apparently I was very lucky that she didn't gently caress the eye itself up. If she had been a cheetah, I'd be dead. Of course, my brother would have been a freakishly strong toddler in that scenario, so I probably wouldn't have lived very long anyway.

Still, I would have had a cheetah for a pet, which would have made me pretty cool kid for my short time on this planet :unsmith:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

tribbledirigible posted:

So, any sudden stops and this guy would be doing a headstand?

Also, on cheetah chat:

O'riginal
Jul 6, 2004
no images allowed
Fun Shoe

DarklyDreaming posted:

I wonder what kind of tea that is because my cat tried tea once out of curiosity and hated it.

Bear just wants to hang out:

Soon.

The Sin of Onan
Oct 11, 2012

And below,
watched by eyes of steel
we dreamt
Ziggy has taken to pretending he's a person of late.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Cute Pictures thread: If our cats were cheetahs, we'd all be dead

...but they're not, so we get to take incriminating pictures of them in compromising situations and laugh at them

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I feel like there should be a mouse cursor and a chime for getting the sequence right.

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006
I like how most of these guys have that look of "Oh god, what have I done?" except this dude who give no shits that he's tangled in hoses...

...and this guy who is owning the poo poo out of that diaper.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
I was at the gym this morning and this came on the news. I almost giggled myself right off the elliptical.

http://wric.com/2015/08/03/cop-helps-skunk-with-yogurt-cup-stuck-on-its-head/

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lemon posted:

When I was a kid we had a cat that my dad rescued from a skip ouside his workplace and brought home to keep my mother company when she was pregnant with my older sister. Apparently she would hide under the stairs and then leap out when my mother was passing by, dig her claws into her legs and slide down, causing deep scratches that confused and concerned the midwife.

I have a clear memory of when I was about four years old and I wanted to go to the kitchen, but our cat was lying in the hallway in front of the door, so I decided I wasn't going to drink anything that day because I had already learned not to take the risk of stepping over that cat.

What I'm saying is, if that had been a cheetah my family would be dead.

this is the kind of case where i would be kicking the poo poo out of that little fucker if it tried to hurt me. like, i loving hate cats because they are mean assholes and i have no patience for them

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

That's great and real cute.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Kanine posted:

this is the kind of case where i would be kicking the poo poo out of that little fucker if it tried to hurt me. like, i loving hate cats because I am a mean assholes and i have no patience for them

Ftfy :smuggo:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Kanine posted:

this is the kind of case where i would be kicking the poo poo out of that little fucker if it tried to hurt me. like, i loving hate cats because they are mean assholes and i have no patience for them

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Kanine posted:

way to overcome stereotypes, dog.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

http://i.imgur.com/vqGVE9f.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/tW1hFtL.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/MyEXfXO.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/MHMDUaC.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/Lddwpiq.gifv

Is there a way to embed gifv?

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Sociopastry posted:

Remove the "v" but it really messes up the loading time if the file is big. Not a good idea if you're posting more than 1.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Sociopastry posted:

Not from your end, but the SA Last Read extension does that from the reader's side.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Maggie Fletcher posted:

I was at the gym this morning and this came on the news. I almost giggled myself right off the elliptical.

http://wric.com/2015/08/03/cop-helps-skunk-with-yogurt-cup-stuck-on-its-head/

On a similar note

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

The Khajit armour sets in Elder Scrolls 6 are weird.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

every day could be your last
in the jungle
One of my cats is a purebred rear end in a top hat, and if he doesn't want to do something he will gently caress you up if you try to make him. Getting him into a carrier if he needs to go to the vet is an ordeal, and it takes my vet and three techs to hold him down for shots. What I'm saying is that he might actually be a stubby cheetah.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Buzkashi posted:

On a similar note

What a good dog. :3:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

ToastFaceKillah posted:

One of my cats is a purebred rear end in a top hat, and if he doesn't want to do something he will gently caress you up if you try to make him. Getting him into a carrier if he needs to go to the vet is an ordeal, and it takes my vet and three techs to hold him down for shots. What I'm saying is that he might actually be a stubby cheetah.

Your cat may also be an Ocelot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

daert1
Nov 11, 2012

I have seen things that you people cannot imagine,
Thunt crying on an unposted blog,
An otter drawn by a madman,
A she-beast screeching on the moon in June,
All lost, like GeoCities in rain
time to die
:suicide:

ToastFaceKillah posted:

God, get him some toys or something, its like Meowschwitz in there.

• Locked thread