Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

I have the cutest dog in America, and by good gosh, Trump will recognize it or his data plan will eat every single one of the dicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004
Trump with a 52% favorable rating. How is this possible.

The Poll info

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Dahn posted:

The Poll info

America is very very dumb. Don't underestimate our collective ability to be stupid.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

GalacticAcid posted:

Via The Guardian's Sabrina Siddiqui:

Apparently the other side of the poster said "Walker 4 President."

is that robert durst on the right

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Dahn posted:

The Poll info
Even for the GOP this is kind of silly.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Nuclearmonkee posted:

America is very very dumb. Don't underestimate our collective ability to be stupid.

in defense of our sad, sad country this is just republicans. among all americans his favorability remains at "impossible to win any election" levels

e https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bwm4icHffvE

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Would you really rather the candidate be Bush or Walker?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Brannock posted:

I'd rather live in a Bush-presidency USA than a Trump-presidency one.

Not sure about Walker, he's horrible.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Dahn posted:

The Poll info

I literally approve of Donald Trump at this point in time.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
I think I'd prefer trump. In the past at least he's been more ideologically similar to a blue dog democrat then the tea party. I also doubt he'd be particularly effective in using the office to pursue his agenda anyways.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
“Republican support for Donald Trump just continues to grow with no clear sense of who his constituency really is,”

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Brannock posted:

I feel like Bush is a trap candidate for the republicans. He has huge money backing him, but his name is dirt and he's a bit of a dork.

Not that Walker isn't a dork.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Dahn posted:

The Poll info

The only people really interested in participating in polls are the crazies who are jumping in early on the most outspoken candidate. It's not realistic.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
New Hillary campaign video on Planned Parenthood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq1_WjeNOCM

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Met posted:

The only people really interested in participating in polls are the crazies who are jumping in early on the most outspoken candidate. It's not realistic.

Agreed. Someone needs to unskew these polls stat.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Joementum posted:

The focus group came back negative on her comments from last week, huh?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Schnorkles posted:

Agreed. Someone needs to unskew these polls stat.

Those Ohio vote are going to come in any day now and Romney will be declared president

Unskew those polls lamestream media

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

Huh, bit of a turnaround there from the "weelllll maybe they're selling baby parts for big $$$ guys we need an investigation" from a few days ago.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Dahn posted:

The Poll info

Aliquid posted:

I literally approve of Donald Trump at this point in time.

and I sent him a text message saying so!

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

JT Jag posted:

Monkey Fracas posted:

Huh, bit of a turnaround there from the "weelllll maybe they're selling baby parts for big $$$ guys we need an investigation" from a few days ago.

To be fair, Hillary did initially come out strongly in support of Planned Parenthood when the story originally broke, even before Bernie did. She then later dialed her comments back a bit last week (which I think was a stupid move), but in any case, it's good to see her going back to her original stronger position on the issue.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

JT Jag posted:

It's really amazing how she learned the exact wrong lesson from 2008

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Good Citizen posted:

Hillary 2024 I guess?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Good Citizen posted:

What lesson was that?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Forums Poster Chris Christie, have you seen Trump's anti-gun statements, does this affect your talking point spools at all or have you looked into that toupee and seen his true heart

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Hot take for the day: Mike Huckabee would not have had half the appeal he did at his peak were it not for the surprise hit "I heart Huckabees."

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Here's Martin O'Malley singing "This land is your land, this land is my land, from California to the Puerto Rican Islands."

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I am really ashamed to admit that Trump has been growing on me. Like everyone else I started out assuming he was a joke candidate in it for self-promotion, but in his time being an unapologetic rear end in a top hat he's managed to convince me:

- That he is immune to moneyed interests. The man's a billionare, the only one that can bribe him is a trillionare.
- That he is not afraid to be himself (i.e. a raging rear end in a top hat). I tend to assume that all politicians are assholes, but the Bush's and Clinton's of the world are expertly trained by a group of handlers to hide it.
- He's not afraid to be rich. Remeber Mitt Romney had a car elevator in his vacation home? John McCain couldn't remember how many houses he earned. John Kerry's wife literally owned ketchup. They all spent their entire campaigns trying to convince voters they were one of us. Trump makes no effort to look like one of the plebs and owns his fortune... all $10 billion dollars of it (or 2.6 billion depending who you ask)
- No one knows exactly what a Trump administration would look like, so that leaves a kind of blank slate quality that Obama had. We know he loves veterans and hates immigrants, but his ideas are so off the wall that if he were president, what he actually gets accomplished could be all over the map.

I know that someone like him could never accomplish anything in Washington and couldn't bring myself to vote for him in a general or primary, but the electorate has been being force fed vanilla focus-group tested candidates for so long, that Trump coming out and saying some of the lovely things that the republican base believes is such a breath of fresh air, regardless of how reprehensible it may be. I think it's why he is drawing support from all candidates, not just the far far right crazies.

And not to mention, 4 (or 8!) years of pure comedy gold if he wins.

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!

The Nastier Nate posted:

I am really ashamed to admit that Trump has been growing on me. Like everyone else I started out assuming he was a joke candidate in it for self-promotion, but in his time being an unapologetic rear end in a top hat he's managed to convince me:

- That he is immune to moneyed interests. The man's a billionare, the only one that can bribe him is a trillionare.
- That he is not afraid to be himself (i.e. a raging rear end in a top hat). I tend to assume that all politicians are assholes, but the Bush's and Clinton's of the world are expertly trained by a group of handlers to hide it.
- He's not afraid to be rich. Remeber Mitt Romney had a car elevator in his vacation home? John McCain couldn't remember how many houses he earned. John Kerry's wife literally owned ketchup. They all spent their entire campaigns trying to convince voters they were one of us. Trump makes no effort to look like one of the plebs and owns his fortune... all $10 billion dollars of it (or 2.6 billion depending who you ask)
- No one knows exactly what a Trump administration would look like, so that leaves a kind of blank slate quality that Obama had. We know he loves veterans and hates immigrants, but his ideas are so off the wall that if he were president, what he actually gets accomplished could be all over the map.

I know that someone like him could never accomplish anything in Washington and couldn't bring myself to vote for him in a general or primary, but the electorate has been being force fed vanilla focus-group tested candidates for so long, that Trump coming out and saying some of the lovely things that the republican base believes is such a breath of fresh air, regardless of how reprehensible it may be. I think it's why he is drawing support from all candidates, not just the far far right crazies.

:laffo:

"I like that he's rich and owns it. The only thing that would make me support him more is he bought some of those sweet planned parentehood fetus parts and harvested their stem cells like superman did on South Park."

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL

The Nastier Nate posted:

Bad news about that, sport. Nobody with money is immune to monied interests. The interesting thing is how _goddamn cheap_ it is to buy a multi-millionaire congressmen who can look forward to a lifelong pension and even more remunerative position in retirement (but will still gently caress it up and go to prison for small-time money). Seriously, look at the bribes these people go down for when they go down, it isn't millions, it isn't hundreds of thousands, it is fives of thousands. Hell, a congressmen pushing your legislation or arranging for your no-bid contract is within reach of the average family budget, if you're willing to skip a few meals out a month. The only person I would be convinced is immune to out-and-out bribery is somebody who manages to stay poor in public life.

potato of destiny
Aug 21, 2005

Yeah, welcome to the club, pal.
Trump 2016: We were screwed anyway

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

DaveWoo posted:

To be fair, Hillary did initially come out strongly in support of Planned Parenthood when the story originally broke, even before Bernie did. She then later dialed her comments back a bit last week (which I think was a stupid move), but in any case, it's good to see her going back to her original stronger position on the issue.

I've reread Clinton's comments again and while at first I thought they were bad I'm not sure what to make of them any more. Someone pointed out that the "process" alluded to in the bold part could be referring to the sort of Republican/right wing media witch hunt like the one that brought down ACORN. If not that I have no idea what that sentence means.

quote:

I have seen pictures from them and I obviously find them disturbing. Planned Parenthood is answering questions and will continue to answer questions. I think there are two points to make. One, Planned Parenthood for more than a century has done a lot of really good work for women: cancer screenings, family planning, all kinds of health services. And this raises not questions about Planned Parenthood so much as it raises questions about, you know, the whole process, that is, not just involving Planned Parenthood, but many institutions in our country. And if there’s going to be any kind of congressional inquiry, it should look at everything and not just one part of it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Thump! posted:

I think cooking bacon with a hot gun barrel pretty solidly puts him in this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2862314

The chicken cheese thread. There was a guy who seasoned his with peppercorn-filled shot shells, and yes- there are photos.

Ted Cruz is TFR as gently caress. :bustem:

ATribeCalledKvetch
Nov 5, 2010

I do hate myself, but it has nothing to do with being Jewish.

The Nastier Nate posted:

Moreover, I think he wouldn't be nearly the crazy Nativist character he's been playing at all these rallies. His past views on various issues seems to indicate he's either completely changed his worldview in the past decade, or he's just acutely aware of how badly the GOP base wanted someone to "say what we're all thinking" etc

Not trying to downplay how much of a raging narcissist Trump is, but I think he just knows how to cater to a crazy, racist audience and knows that's his surest path to the white house increase his brand value.

HappyHippo posted:

I've reread Clinton's comments again and while at first I thought they were bad I'm not sure what to make of them any more. Someone pointed out that the "process" alluded to in the bold part could be referring to the sort of Republican/right wing media witch hunt like the one that brought down ACORN. If not that I have no idea what that sentence means.

I think that's the point, you're not supposed to know what it means, so you can interpret it the way you like the most!

:shillary:

ATribeCalledKvetch fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Aug 3, 2015

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

The Nastier Nate posted:

- He's also a racist, sexist, pigheaded, childish rear end in a top hat who would probably nuke France for being too snooty.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

HappyHippo posted:

- He's also a racist, sexist, pigheaded, childish rear end in a top hat who would probably nuke France for being too snooty.
But that's what people like about him!

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

HappyHippo posted:

No argument here, I'm just trying to outline a few reasons for his support. I can't imagine that the 25% of GOP voters who chose him are ALL super-crazy far right wing. SA tends to forget that some 40% of American's are self-identified republicans, and even the most liberal parts of this country are far to the right of this thread.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

also some more randy, i found Donald Trump's foreign policy plans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iiv-6fMKyY

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Jindal being Jindal

quote:

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal (R) has canceled a contract that provides Planned Parenthood with state Medicaid funds.

Medicaid, the joint federal and state health insurance program for the poor, represents a major source of the group’s government funding, at about 75 percent nationwide.

In a statement, Jindal said that under his state's contract with the pro-abortion rights organization, “either party can choose to cancel the contract at will after providing written notice.”

The state says it has given 30 days notice to Planned Parenthood, which is under fire after a series of undercover videos showing officials from the group discussing fetal tissue.

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/250129-jindal-cuts-off-state-medicaid-funds-for-planned-parenthood

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dahn posted:

It's not going to stop there. UP, UP AND AWAY.

Just signed up at Trump's campaign site with e-mail and physical mail address for electronic and physical campaign updates and materials.

Gonna spread the Gospel of Trump here in the Great State of South Carolina, one of the early and most important primaries.

Also told them take a public stand on Citizens United, and also try to go after labor votes. Trump is pro-union, and he's been railing against outsourcing of jobs and insourcing of cheap foreign labor, might as well try to rip away white blue-collar voters from the Democrats.

Trumpmentum is real. Get on the train while you can boys and girls. CHOO-CHOO!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Chris Christie posted:

It's not going to stop there. UP, UP AND AWAY.

Just signed up at Trump's campaign site with e-mail and physical mail address for electronic and physical campaign updates and materials.

Gonna spread the Gospel of Trump here in the Great State of South Carolina, one of the early and most important primaries.

Also told them take a public stand on Citizens United, and also try to go after labor votes. Trump is pro-union, and he's been railing against outsourcing of jobs and insourcing of cheap foreign labor, might as well try to rip away white blue-collar voters from the Democrats.

Trumpmentum is real. Get on the train while you can boys and girls. CHOO-CHOO!!!

just make sure you stick with him when he runs independent

• Locked thread