Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Saying a city in Alabama is in "West Georgia" is a compliment to that city. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Y'all, it's just Elon University. The Phoenix is their nickname.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
Your monthly My God, Why is Mike London Not Fired Yet update:

David Hale ‏@DavidHaleESPN 2h2 hours ago
Most losses since 2010 when out-gaining opponent, P5:
#UVA - 14
#Miami - 12
#Pitt - 12
WashSt - 11
#VaTech - 11
#Cuse - 11
Texas - 11
#GoACC

Someone agrees with me!

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/2015-college-football-preview-hot-seat-watch-mike-london-tim-beckman/

quote:

Let’s cut right to the chase: How does this man still have a job? He’s been under fire since, like, 2010, and with good reason, namely his atrocious 11-29 conference record. Yet somehow, he’s managed to survive. His seat should be the hottest in the country, so perhaps he’s physically resistant to heat? How else to explain the utterly baffling phenomenon that is his continued employment by the Commonwealth of Virginia?

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
Your friend Dattserberg is planning another cool and fun football trip. This year it looks like Baylor at TCU followed up by OU at OSU over Thanksgiving weekend. I like football.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Just came across this site for all your "gently caress (Insert team here)" T-shirt needs:
http://www.beefshirts.com/collections/college

Weird thing about the site is that it's a British site but all of the sports are for US/Canadian teams.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

MindlessHavok posted:

Just came across this site for all your "gently caress (Insert team here)" T-shirt needs:

Weird thing about the site is that it's a British site but all of the sports are for US/Canadian teams.

:eyepop:

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

MindlessHavok posted:

They clearly don't understand Washington's rivalries if their only shirt is "gently caress Gonzaga"

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

A shirt that gets right to the point without wasting a whole lot of time on moronic puns

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Pakled posted:

Saying a city in Alabama is in "West Georgia" is a compliment to that city. :colbert:

Yeah I always enjoyed the implied insult there as though Georgia were in any way distinguishable from Alabama outside of Atlanta.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Sith Happens posted:

It'll be nice having the GameDay crew in Fort Worth again. The spot they've previously used in Sundance Square is two blocks from my office, where I can look down on the set from my 18th-story window.

Here's how it looked last year on the day before as they were getting everything set up.

As an Auburn fan, I didn't enjoy the influx of Florida State fans for GameDay last year, and it'll only get worse this year as the crimson tide washes in.

Regardless, college football is almost back and GameDay is comin' to my cit-ay! :derp:

I had a deca tournament there at the Sheraton a long time ago. Man that business district area is boring as gently caress

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

MindlessHavok posted:

Sure. Why not?

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

MourningView posted:

Yeah I always enjoyed the implied insult there as though Georgia were in any way distinguishable from Alabama outside of Atlanta.

Georgia is a way nicer place to live than Alabama.

And anyone who has lived in Tuscaloosa knows it's a monstrous poo poo hole

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Elon tried recruiting me for football. I had no idea what the school was or that they even had football.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Just stay north of Macon whatever you do.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Fluffdaddy posted:

Yeah, but so is the Georgia that Russia keeps trying to conquer.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Sash! posted:

Yeah, but so is the Georgia that Russia keeps trying to conquer.

How many years have you had that one queued up and ready to go? I'm guessing five.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

paperchaseguy posted:

Your monthly My God, Why is Mike London Not Fired Yet update:

David Hale ‏@DavidHaleESPN 2h2 hours ago
Most losses since 2010 when out-gaining opponent, P5:
#UVA - 14
#Miami - 12
#Pitt - 12
WashSt - 11
#VaTech - 11
#Cuse - 11
Texas - 11
#GoACC

Someone agrees with me!

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/2015-college-football-preview-hot-seat-watch-mike-london-tim-beckman/

We are going to be so bad again this year

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Fluffdaddy posted:

And anyone who has lived in Tuscaloosa knows it's a monstrous poo poo hole

You can drive in Tuscaloosa though, Atlanta is a loving nightmare

also the insult isn't directed towards Georgia, the joke is that the state doesn't want Auburn c'mon people

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

The only redeemable portions of Georgia are Savannah and Athens.

The mountains (hills) are ok, but you can get those in other, less sodomize-y, places.

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

You will find that it is you
who are mistaken.

About a great many things.

buddhanc posted:

I had a deca tournament there at the Sheraton a long time ago. Man that business district area is boring as gently caress

How long ago? Downtown Fort Worth has had some pretty major improvements and additions in the years I've lived here. The Sundance Plaza area where GameDay sets up was opened in 2013 and is surrounded by new restaurants and bars. It's a pretty lively spot now.

The problem with the Cowboys Classic games in Arlington that ESPN had for the first couple of years is that there really is no area more boring as gently caress than the parking lot at Cowboys Stadium. It's a massive open space, but its location means it doesn't work at all for the public to be involved. Even fans from the visiting schools can't easily join in for GameDay, because chances are they're staying at hotels miles away. It just didn't make for a good atmosphere.

Downtown Fort Worth made for a pretty good backdrop for the season's first GameDay last year. In addition to all the visiting fans from Florida State and Oklahoma State, there were cheerleaders and bands from TCU, UNT, SMU, plus all the locals who came out just for the fun of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM9m35mkvDI

Since they've set up shop down here for the Super Bowl in 2011, NCAA Final Four and College GameDay in 2014, and the National Championship early this year, ESPN really seems to have a thing for downtown Fort Worth.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Slate Action posted:

A hilariously bad* FCS team. Wake might actually get to look like a good team for a week.

(* - lost their last three games vs. FBS competition by a combined score of 184-13)

And so desperate to get wins they'll let players actively charged with sexual offenses to play! http://deadspin.com/coach-allows-player-held-responsible-for-sex-crime-to-s-1705168011

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Thoguh posted:

How many years have you had that one queued up and ready to go? I'm guessing five.

Naw, it just came to me now.

I kinda liked Savannah, but there's a lot of bad part of town in that place.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

https://instagram.com/p/5710AFqWOK/

:getin:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

former heisman candidate returning punts

ohio state is the poster child of privilege

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Raku posted:

You can drive in Tuscaloosa though, Atlanta is a loving nightmare

For another couple of weeks before freshman move in day you mean. And I'd take Atlanta traffic any day of the week over gameday traffic. Days with snow notwithstanding.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Warbird posted:

For another couple of weeks before freshman move in day you mean. And I'd take Atlanta traffic any day of the week over gameday traffic. Days with snow notwithstanding.

why would you ever try to go anywhere on gameday to begin with

if you can't walk it's not worth it

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
They're going to drop Dadi Nicolas into coverage and he's going to explode Braxton Miller into tiny pieces.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Sith Happens posted:

How long ago? Downtown Fort Worth has had some pretty major improvements and additions in the years I've lived here. The Sundance Plaza area where GameDay sets up was opened in 2013 and is surrounded by new restaurants and bars. It's a pretty lively spot now.

The problem with the Cowboys Classic games in Arlington that ESPN had for the first couple of years is that there really is no area more boring as gently caress than the parking lot at Cowboys Stadium. It's a massive open space, but its location means it doesn't work at all for the public to be involved. Even fans from the visiting schools can't easily join in for GameDay, because chances are they're staying at hotels miles away. It just didn't make for a good atmosphere.

Downtown Fort Worth made for a pretty good backdrop for the season's first GameDay last year. In addition to all the visiting fans from Florida State and Oklahoma State, there were cheerleaders and bands from TCU, UNT, SMU, plus all the locals who came out just for the fun of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM9m35mkvDI

Since they've set up shop down here for the Super Bowl in 2011, NCAA Final Four and College GameDay in 2014, and the National Championship early this year, ESPN really seems to have a thing for downtown Fort Worth.

Yeah, living in Ft. Worth owns nowadays and the fact that they still do free parking downtown is a godsend.

However, if you are moving to Texas, please do not move to Fort Worth because I do not want you living here.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I once fell into the Trinity River, so I'm allowed to move to Fort Worth because I have experienced your rites of passage

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Crotch Bat posted:

They're going to drop Dadi Nicolas into coverage and he's going to explode Braxton Miller into tiny pieces.

Braxton Miller has definitely never been hit by a defensive lineman before

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Raku posted:

following FSU's lead in anything is the football equivalent of sending Charles Manson a love letter

The last person who did that with any success was trying to marry Manson so she could put his body on display after he died.

He called off the marriage when that came out.

Go noles

Jeremor posted:

Noticed a few weeks ago that we play the Citadel this year as our in-state cupcake we have to schedule. Weren't they the ones that tried to hurt Florida State players or somebody like that by diving at peoples knees last season?

If so, awesome.

Yes and they bragged about trying to injure players on social media the day after. Have fun!

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

MourningView posted:

Braxton Miller has definitely never been hit by a defensive lineman before

You're Absolutely Right. It's Good That You're Here And Doing Things And Typing.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Been awhile since the regulars here got in a good old Craig James-bashing. Here's your chance!

quote:

“This is very troubling as an employee when your boss holds against you something you said about your belief system nearly 18 months before you were recruited and hired,” James told Breitbart Sports. “I said nothing about my belief system on the air at Fox Sports. So, the fact that they reached back in my past nearly eighteen months and responded to a comment about my biblical belief in natural marriage as a candidate — that’s troubling.”

Breitbart Sports? :psyduck:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Appears to be part of a conservative media site. Clearly all the lines were busy at other major media outlets and this story just couldn't wait.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Crotch Bat posted:

Appears to be part of a conservative media site. Clearly all the lines were busy at other major media outlets and this story just couldn't wait.

They need to do a "Hard Knocks"-style documentary, but with the geniuses behind the ACORN & PP vids.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Everybody rapes people robs people kills five joomers whatever

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend
News: Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin are the top 3 party schools this year

Views: Big 10 is on top of the world this fall

http://time.com/3982847/princeton-review-top-party-schools/

Edit: better link

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

mayodreams posted:

News: Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin are the top 3 party schools this year

Views: Big 10 is on top of the world this fall

http://time.com/3982847/princeton-review-top-party-schools/

Edit: better link

Reminder:
http://www.elevenwarriors.com/colle...otball-programs

quote:

The Hawkeyes provided by far the most detailed and most juicy response to the FOIA request submitted by Eleven Warriors.

The 71 total arrests ranked fourth among the rest of the conference in 2014, with the heavy majority being alcohol related.

Notable reported incidents include:

11 cases where patrons were found either inside or near a bathroom stall, or standing or kneeling next to a trashcan, either dry heaving or vomiting onto themselves or the ground, toilet or waste receptacle;
A 21-year-old male attempting to prove he wasn't drunk to a police officer by placing a dollar bill in his wallet, only to be unable to do so;
A 20-year-old male accused of groping females in the stands while intoxicated prior to his arrest;
A 19-year-old male admitting not knowing where he was when found in someone else's seat covered in mud after drunkenly confessing to falling in a creek;
A 22-year-old male walking around the outside of Kinnick Stadium drinking an open bottle of Fireball;
A 50-year-old male accused of purposely pouring beer on the keyboard of another patron's laptop at a tailgate after asking them to turn down their music and then claiming it was an accident;
A 35-year-old male drunkenly attempting to enter Kinnick Stadium without a ticket, instead handing the ticket taker a $20 bill only to be denied;
A 25-year-old female slapping an officer's hand and refusing to heed his assistance as she drunkenly fought with her boyfriend;
A 41-year-old male falling asleep in the stands after drunkenly vomiting all over himself and others;
A 23-year-old male drunkenly standing and dancing in front of heavy traffic, causing a backup after a game; and
A 25-year-old female blew a .273 into a breathalyzer, the highest reported blood-alcohol level from Hawkeye home games.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

Y'all, it's just Elon University. The Phoenix is their nickname.

Formerly known as the Elon Fighting Christians.

vikingstrike posted:

Just stay north of Macon whatever you do.

As someone trying to escape again from the horrors of bumfuck southern Georgia, I wholeheartedly agree. Valdosta State games aren't bad, though. You can sit on the visitors side and heckle the opposition with ease, as you're less than 10 feet from them. The humidity will kill you, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend

This is amazing. Wasn't the .273 BAC the vodka chugging girl from last fall?

• Locked thread