Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kikilupo posted:

Heres a question about unlocking things. I got the collectors edition so I have Alchemist and Knight unlocked, but I am unable to go from Alchemist to Gunner, theres a lock icon on the node in the atlas, do I have to start from the three classes and work my way to gunner that way or am I missing something?

You have to go through the starting 3 atlas nodes, regardless if you already have the other classes unlock through packages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gealar
May 2, 2013

Liberatore posted:

Probably because of the content drop. It was released not long after the RU version went into open beta, and that poo poo takes a while to be localized. They of course couldn't release any more patches until that was done. Their plan is to catch up to the RU version and then stay in sync, and it looks like this patch will achieve this, or at least be pretty close.

Good to hear. Being in sync will be great so announcements will actually mean something instead of some hazy future where we might get it when we finally get that round of patches.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Liberatore posted:

Probably because of the content drop. It was released not long after the RU version went into open beta, and that poo poo takes a while to be localized. They of course couldn't release any more patches until that was done. Their plan is to catch up to the RU version and then stay in sync, and it looks like this patch will achieve this, or at least be pretty close.

Hopefully they take another pass at some of the translations and maybe, just maybe, include information on some of the passive buffs and executes do.

About three of my necromancer talents reference abilities I'm reasonably certain I don't actually have.

Kikilupo
Apr 3, 2005

Cao Ni Ma posted:

You have to go through the starting 3 atlas nodes, regardless if you already have the other classes unlock through packages.

God drat you Russia Game

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Kurieg posted:

About three of my necromancer talents reference abilities I'm reasonably certain I don't actually have.

It took me a really long time to figure out that Deadly Experiment talent on Alch was referring to its execute. :v:

edit - also while we're talking about necromancer, it would be real nice to have a different colour on their health bar when they're in lich form. it's infuriating as a support to be in the thick of things and not be able to figure out immediately if the necro is oh-my-god-please-shield-me dying or nah-bro-it's-cool-i'm-fake dying.

Kessel fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Aug 3, 2015

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

BexGu posted:

Hopefully we also get a Path of Exile kind of builder as well.

Until then look at this chart and despair:

Been playing this game and I love it, but just one point on this.

There is the Class grid
Then the main grid (as per that screen shot)
There is the God Grid once you get that unlocked
Then there are the new grids per enemy type for Invasions that the Russians either have or are getting soon.

This game is making every other progression system seem like light weights, and the game isn't even released yet so god knows what other grids they are going to add in.

How exactly can you make anything other than a basic builder as this game is becoming very very silly, and I love it.

ukle fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Aug 3, 2015

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Kikilupo posted:

God drat you Russia Game

Guild Pantheon Major Changes.
https://portal.sf.mail.ru/comments/55b78254b1d08654e6fb08ae

loving Insane scope Guild PvP Wars
https://portal.sf.mail.ru/comments/55ba34ed51ce08b1f9c77bb8

Guild PvE Wars
https://portal.sf.mail.ru/comments/55ae58d051ce08b1f9c75a8c

God drat you Russia Game.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

:siren:Attention shitlords.:siren:

We just completed the new clan building. That opened up 10 more slots in the guild. Log in now and you can catch me for an invite. Name is "Irate Drinkfist" in game.

On another note. I need a bunch of loving commanders to log in and vote for our new construction project.

Gealar
May 2, 2013

Drinkfist posted:

We just completed the new clan building. That opened up 10 more slots in the guild. Log in now and you can catch me for an invite. Name is "Irate Drinkfist" in game.

On another note. I need a bunch of loving commanders to log in and vote for our new construction project.

I am at work for the next 4 hours. So if you are still on in 4 hours I'll try to catch you.

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
I believe in Jesus, our one Lord and GOD to be man's savior. Let us praise him at all times.

Drinkfist posted:

Hopefully I can grab an invite. I'm only 666 prestige at the moment. I'm slowly playing this until controller support comes in, then I'll be more involved. hosed this keyboard and mouse tomfoolery.

Edit: sent you a message ingame, I think. I sent one, didn't show anything being sent so I sent 2 more (Lasanti Scotch).

Jimbosaurus fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 3, 2015

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Kurieg posted:

Hopefully they take another pass at some of the translations and maybe, just maybe, include information on some of the passive buffs and executes do.

The trick to figuring this poo poo out, besides testing, is looking for Russian guides for your class. Some of their tooltips are just as misleading as ours, usually not because of mismatched names but rather strange or unclear wording, but they've had much longer to figure them out. And because most guides use pictures, it's pretty easy to match them up with our own versions of the skills.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

New building need sorcerers looks like. More luck is good though, so get building!

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Everytime I go into PvP for some ring/tablet, I want to play less of this game :smith:.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I'm struggling to find time to play this but I got to Lanber Forest and holy gently caress this zone is awesome, how many zones like this are there?

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
3v3 pvp is fun as support, if your group is at all paying attention to keeping dudes off you. I think I've only lost like 1 match (out of a pretty small number, but still...)

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Good Will Hrunting posted:

I'm struggling to find time to play this but I got to Lanber Forest and holy gently caress this zone is awesome, how many zones like this are there?

There's seven region zones listed after Lanber. If you think that zone is big just wait until you get to Naori Island.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Removing most things we hate about pantheon buildings and new content. Pretty loving solid. Now we just need to find a scum pantheon to hate and go fight. Maybe whatever one that Yokai dumbass is in.

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Drakes posted:

Everytime I go into PvP for some ring/tablet, I want to play less of this game :smith:.

Your queue actually popped? Must not have been 10v10. I guess I'm just writing off getting this upgrade ring since I haven't had the 10v10 queue pop after sitting in it for two hours.

The prestige scaling on the 11th should fix that I guess?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Lawlicaust posted:

Removing most things we hate about pantheon buildings and new content. Pretty loving solid. Now we just need to find a scum pantheon to hate and go fight. Maybe whatever one that Yokai dumbass is in.

Yeah because we totally need to fight a guild full of people attempting to min max with our force of about 10 high prestige goons.

Unless that catch up program is in the coming patch and we get some more people that are actually down with this game then I don't think we stand much of a chance in this insane scale guild pvp poo poo. We have the members, we don't have the drive or the power.

I will probably poo poo talk him anyway though because that is what I do.

Edit: Waiting for Orv to come back.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Aug 4, 2015

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

The prestige scaling is officially confirmed for the patch and that should fix PvP queues, yeah. But in the RU version that was the same patch that introduced the catch up mechanic, so I will be surprised if that's not implemented by the 11th.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

I was an idiot and disassembled my collector's gear when I got much higher prestige items. I made a customer service request and they gave me back the items in 6 days. I really did not expect good customer service out of this game. Glad to be proven wrong.

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
I believe in Jesus, our one Lord and GOD to be man's savior. Let us praise him at all times.

Keeping it classy.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I started playing yesterday and am having a blast.

The only real problem I am having is anytime I connect to the Aleinet and let the screen load, the game crashes and I have to restart my computer. Is this happening to anyone else?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Don't let it load. Aelinet doesn't even work, for now. None of the missions that ask you to access it actually require you to do anything with it.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Cool, thanks. It only happened to me twice. The second time I was just curious if it was a bug or just bad luck on my part.

Now, how do I unlock more talent slots. Are those on the skill trees or what?

Edit: Oh, and the Abilities menu still has the red ! next to it. I guess theres something it wants me to look at. WHat is it, I can't figure it out.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The annoying IT guy contacts you periodically with things to do.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

The ! on the abilities menu eventually goes away, but I don't know when or how. Perhaps by taking symbols or filling up your 8 talent slots?

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004

BigRed0427 posted:

Cool, thanks. It only happened to me twice. The second time I was just curious if it was a bug or just bad luck on my part.

Now, how do I unlock more talent slots. Are those on the skill trees or what?

Edit: Oh, and the Abilities menu still has the red ! next to it. I guess theres something it wants me to look at. WHat is it, I can't figure it out.

yeah, i had that too. It's probably "you have an open trait slot" but early on you don't have any traits unlocked to fill it.

Also, The game told me a particular mission was impossible. It said it needed ~1100 prestige, well I showed that game a thing or too, with my barely 800 prestige icebox cryobabe, I rolled through that thing solo. Huzzah! I had a big leap of rings, from like 16-18 prestige rings to 30+ ones, and an off hand 20 to a 35 prestige from doing it.

Top Quark
Aug 2, 2010

"Going where no man has gone before."
Alright who the making GBS threads gently caress kicked me from the guild. I gained like 1-2k prestige YESTERDAY.

Name is Pluto Closius and I demand an explanation.

e: Ok apparently it may just be their servers taking a giant poo poo and not showing me as being in the pantheon.

RUSSIAGAME SURE HAS GOOD SERVERS

Top Quark fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Aug 4, 2015

Fenrisulfr
Oct 14, 2012

Top Quark posted:

Alright who the making GBS threads gently caress kicked me from the guild. I gained like 1-2k prestige YESTERDAY.

Name is Pluto Closius and I demand an explanation.

e: Ok apparently it may just be their servers taking a giant poo poo and not showing me as being in the pantheon.

RUSSIAGAME SURE HAS GOOD SERVERS

I had the same thing happen to me, but when I asked I still showed as in the guild, so I'm also assuming the "huge steaming deuce" explanation.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Liberatore posted:

The ! on the abilities menu eventually goes away, but I don't know when or how. Perhaps by taking symbols or filling up your 8 talent slots?

I discovered that those (!) appear when you can do an upgrade right now. Such as increasing max level on those weapon upgrade triangles if you have enough of those green crystal currencies. I've finally been able to rid of it when I found this out.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

It's happened to me before. Sometimes it's just pantheon chat, other times the whole pantheon will refuse to exist. Russia game is not built on reliable code.

Clairetic posted:

Cryptic's system is just a single external chat server which all their games connect to, and which you can connect to separately from outside the game using Pidgin or whatever - if the aelinet ever works, it'll actually be pretty similar, at least in terms of functionality.

Cryptic's chat system is hilariously broken. If you get banned from a chatroom in one game you can just join on another and get unbanned.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Another question. Is it worth going over the class trees your not using and spending your sparks just to rack up the prestige or should I be focusing on what I REALLY want?

stanislaus
Aug 5, 2008
What class has the most flashy/obnoxious visual effects? I'm heading towards kinetic right now but archer looks good too

LunaDeus
Jul 5, 2014

stanislaus posted:

What class has the most flashy/obnoxious visual effects? I'm heading towards kinetic right now but archer looks good too

Honestly if that's what you want then cryo sounds like the best choice.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

BigRed0427 posted:

Another question. Is it worth going over the class trees your not using and spending your sparks just to rack up the prestige or should I be focusing on what I REALLY want?

Do that with sparks of insight then sparks of evolution if your preferred class is mastered and you want that other classes' symbol and the two symbol slots. The really good class symbols are Paladin, Archer, Lightbinder, Berserker, Kinetic and Alchemist.

It's not a bad idea to save your sparks of evolution for a class you're going to unlock soon, either. But don't invest in a class solely for prestige and/or stats, the ascension atlas is a better investment in that regard thanks to symbols and greatness nodes.

stanislaus posted:

You can't see poo poo during Cryomancer's Whiteout, but that's getting changed soon. Archer is not flashy at all. Kinetic, Necromancer and Witch/Warlock are.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Liberatore posted:

Do that with sparks of insight then sparks of evolution if your preferred class is mastered and you want that other classes' symbol and the two symbol slots. The really good class symbols are Paladin, Archer, Lightbinder, Berserker, Kinetic and Alchemist.

It's not a bad idea to save your sparks of evolution for a class you're going to unlock soon, either. But don't invest in a class solely for prestige and/or stats, the ascension atlas is a better investment in that regard thanks to symbols and greatness nodes.

What do you mean by the symbol slots?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Symbols are like talents, but for all classes. Most are unlocked through the ascension atlas, but 13 are unlocked by mastering (getting every skill node) a class. You start with 3 symbol slots, and get two more for every class you master. There's 49 symbols total, some with multiple ranks, and at least two more being added soon.

Edit: Symbols tab in your abilities screen

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Aug 4, 2015

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Liberatore posted:

You can't see poo poo during Cryomancer's Whiteout, but that's getting changed soon. Archer is not flashy at all. Kinetic, Necromancer and Witch/Warlock are.

I hate whiteout. It's a huge liability with the way damage fields and enemy tells can be lethal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
It has finally happened. Drinkfist forgot to pay the electricity bill and we're back to sitting around in caves looking like jerks while everybody else is enjoying the marvels of the modern age.

• Locked thread