Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

The Taint Reaper posted:

But activision doesn't seem to have any distribution fuckery with Skylanders(or atleast from what I've seen).

Oh no they definitely screwed up with Trap Team in some aspects from what I've been able to ascertain in the last few months.

Basically because they actually did the consumer a solid by making it so that individual traps can be reused (so you only need one for each element) they vastly, vastly overestimated how many kids would want to buy/bug their parents to buy all the different variants of traps. And since the game already comes with a life trap and a water trap, what you'll almost always see unless stores have just outright emptied their Skylanders section are pegs just littered with water traps, many times just overflowing onto the floor. And that overstock seemed to end up actually screwing over later waves of stuff, such as traps of the new light and dark elements which now go for a minimum of twenty dollars. It's a clusterfuck of over and under-stock which is bizarre because up until this entry they were pretty good with keeping mostly everything in balance in previous years from what I saw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Wamdoodle posted:

Oh, so you're going to camp out for the next Amiibo batch too?

Well in the same sense that a spectator does for the running of the bulls. I'm not going to throw myself into the pathway of multi-ton beasts but I'm not going to stop them from trampling others.

Madame Ovary
Jul 22, 2013
is this where we post if we've just purchased a n3DS and are friendless sad sacks who live in a country where no one has a 3DS and want to swap friend codes with people for some reason (I don't even actually know what they are for)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Finally, a retail release worth talking about! Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 is out in NA tomorrow.

Nothing much to talk about on the eShop front: PAL-land is getting a demo for the upcoming DBZ game, NA might get Picross e6 if you're lucky.

Story of Seasons - out now! (NA) / TBC (PAL)
Etrian Mystery Dungeon - out now! (NA) / September 11 (PAL)
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked 2: Record Breaker - out now! (NA) / October 30 (PAL)
Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven - out now! (NA) / out now! (PAL, eShop-only)
Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley - out now! (NA) / out now! (PAL)
Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 - out now! (PAL, eShop-only) / out now! (NA, eShop-only)
Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight - August 4 (NA) / February 12 (PAL)
Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson - August 11 (NA) / August 27 (PAL)
Little Battlers Experience - August 21 (NA) / September 4 (PAL)
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX - September 8 (NA) / September 11 (PAL)
Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer - September 25 (NA) / October 2 (PAL)
Chibi-Robo: Zip-Lash - October 9 (NA) / "November" (PAL)
Rodea the Sky Soldier - October 13 (PAL) / October 16 (NA)
Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butoden - October 16 (PAL) / October 20 (NA)
The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes - "fall 2015" (NA) / "Q4 2015" (PAL)
Legend of Legacy - "Q3/4 2015" (NA) / "early 2016" (PAL)
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon - "holiday 2015" (NA) / "early 2016" (PAL)
Yo-Kai Watch - "holiday 2015" (NA) / "2016" (PAL)
Stella Glow - "holiday 2015" (NA) / "spring 2016" (PAL)
Return to Popolocrois: A Story of Seasons Fairy Tale - "Q4 2015" (NA) / TBC (PAL)
Final Fantasy Explorers - January 26 (NA) / January 29 (PAL)
Hyrule Warriors Legends - "Q1 2016" (NA) / "Q1 2016" (PAL)
Terraria - "Q1 2016" (NA) / "Q1 2016" (PAL)
Project X Zone 2 - "Q1 2016" (NA) / "Q1 2016" (PAL)
Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam - "spring 2016" (NA) / "spring 2016" (PAL)
Zero Escape 3 - "summer 2016" (NA) / "summer 2016" (PAL)
Bravely Second: End Layer - "2016" (NA) / "2016" (PAL)
Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games - "2016" (NA) / "2016" PAL
Fire Emblem Fates - "2016" (NA) / "2016" (PAL)
Metroid Prime: Federation Force - "2016" (NA) / "2016" (PAL)

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

There's a rumor around that Rodea the Sky Soldier got delayed to November everywhere.

Madame Ovary posted:

is this where we post if we've just purchased a n3DS and are friendless sad sacks who live in a country where no one has a 3DS and want to swap friend codes with people for some reason (I don't even actually know what they are for)

You can play some games online with friends like Pokémon and Animal Crossing. Most titles don't really support this feature so you won't miss out on much if you don't have a big list of people.

Aside that you can see what your friends are playing and you used to be able to send them messages of crudely drawn dicks, but Nintendo cut that out. RIP Swapnote.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Aug 3, 2015

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Etrian Odyssey!!!

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Yeah, I'm looking forward to playing that game... next... year.

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER
What's a good SD card size if I plan on downloading most of my games?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

You're good to go with 32GB.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

epitasis posted:

sounds like a great game

lmao

I can never understand the appeal of these "life RPGs" - stuff like Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing, etc. - why not just do all of that stuff in real life and enrich your actual existence? I get stuff like The Sims, or even job-specific simulators, since there is an element of power fantasy and wish-fulfillment there. But when it comes to gameplay like doing chores, paying your mortgage, earning income, forming relationships, etc. it just seems like such a waste of time & energy to me.

Not judging anyone, just intrigued by the psychology of all this.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Chill Penguin posted:

lmao

I can never understand the appeal of these "life RPGs" - stuff like Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing, etc. - why not just do all of that stuff in real life and enrich your actual existence? I get stuff like The Sims, or even job-specific simulators, since there is an element of power fantasy and wish-fulfillment there. But when it comes to gameplay like doing chores, paying your mortgage, earning income, forming relationships, etc. it just seems like such a waste of time & energy to me.

It's chill.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah I don't know why I've been wasting my time with Animal Crossing. I'm gonna go run for mayor at the zoo and do it for real

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Chill Penguin posted:

lmao

It's a game.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Chill Penguin posted:

lmao

The day I can IRL sell fish to buy furniture to trade with my cat neighbor for his t-shirt is the day I stop playing AC

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Why would I play a videogame when I can just go buy some cows to sell their milk so I can fix up my family's rundown farmhouse... It's all so clear now...

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

The day I can IRL sell fish to buy furniture to trade with my cat neighbor for his t-shirt is the day I stop playing AC
For me it's the day I can spend 20 minutes catching bugs to pay off my mortgage.

And walk around and hit people with a hammer and not be locked up.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I can't get into Harvest Moon for the "it's just a farmer's life and farmers suck" thing but I love Animal Crossing because I can show affection towards a deer.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

This reminds me that I need to redo everything in AC since my microSD got fried. :negative:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I picked up Steamworld Dig (and beat it in like a day) and Shovel Knight. I'm not looking for a "what eshop games are good" recommendation but rather if there's a good review site for them I can check out on my own. Also, how do you guys keep up with new eShop releases and upcoming annoucements?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

zoux posted:

I picked up Steamworld Dig (and beat it in like a day) and Shovel Knight. I'm not looking for a "what eshop games are good" recommendation but rather if there's a good review site for them I can check out on my own. Also, how do you guys keep up with new eShop releases and upcoming annoucements?

I follow the wonderful website Nintendojo when I am anxious for news, announcements, and new eShop releases. *smiles at camera*

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

zoux posted:

Also, how do you guys keep up with new eShop releases and upcoming annoucements?
The eShop thread, pretty much. It's updated every week with that week's releases for each region, and usually gets updated quickly with any news of upcoming releases.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3518750

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

irlZaphod posted:

The eShop thread, pretty much. It's updated every week with that week's releases for each region, and usually gets updated quickly with any news of upcoming releases.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3518750

Oh I didn't even know this existed, thanks!

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/smealum/status/628246842233327616

The Ironfall hack is delayed a little while. Still download Ironfall if you want to pirate Gameboy, NES, and SNES games play homebrew.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Chill Penguin posted:

lmao

i can definitely go outside, and start a farm. that is definitely something i can just do on a whim.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Sometimes as I play Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition on the PS2, I ask myself why I do not just move into a rural valley with an old guy and live on a farm and then get married to a cute pianist girl who lives in a rich mansion with her grandparents, and then bother a talking vase inside a tree that is home to magical farming spirits until he agrees to ensure that my child ends up being a boy who loves macrame.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Endorph posted:

i can definitely go outside, and start a farm. that is definitely something i can just do on a whim.

But can you go fight a dragon with the farming tools at your disposal?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why do people play games like Call of Duty when they can just enlist in some PMC?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Chill Penguin posted:

lmao

Think of Animal Crossing as your own personal Zen garden inhabited by cute talking animals, who you can hit over the head with a bug net if they annoy you. It's just... very chill. It's a game that doesn't sound very interesting on paper, but if you try it yourself, you get it. Oh boy do you get it...

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Healbot posted:

This reminds me that I need to redo everything in AC since my microSD got fried. :negative:

My condolences. :( If I ever nuked Mervberg I might cry.

Silver Falcon posted:

Think of Animal Crossing as your own personal Zen garden inhabited by cute talking animals, who you can hit over the head with a bug net if they annoy you. It's just... very chill. It's a game that doesn't sound very interesting on paper, but if you try it yourself, you get it. Oh boy do you get it...

Yeah I find watering flowers during my lunch break at work is very relaxing, and helpful to my mental state in general.

noirstronaut posted:

I follow the wonderful website Nintendojo when I am anxious for news, announcements, and new eShop releases. *smiles at camera*

It is scientific fact that this site employs garbage people, and pedophiles.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Chill Penguin posted:

lmao

I'll round out the responses to this silliness by pointing out that video games themselves actually enrich my actual existence.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Animal Crossing is a cool game. Not every game needs to be intense as Bayonetta.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
^E: Don't get me wrong, I love plenty of chill games like the Kirby series, Endless Ocean, etc. - just curious about what people get out of games that essentially revolve around performing mundane everyday tasks. It sounds like the art style and personality of the games have more to do with it than the actual gameplay. The general vibe, which I guess I can understand.

mutata posted:

I'll round out the responses to this silliness by pointing out that video games themselves actually enrich my actual existence.

This is a good point.

Also it sounds like maybe I need to try a Harvest Moon game lmao drat

Chill Penguin fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Aug 3, 2015

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
On a different note: anybody ever play the DS game Blue Dragon Plus? I just played the tutorial and it seems like a neat semi-real-time tactical RPG. Kinda like a hybrid of Star Ocean: Second Story & FF Tactics. I understand it's a sequel to the 360 game, but I never played much of that (despite the beautiful art & graphics), but the story seems pretty easy to pick up.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm gonna need some help here. So my girlfriend was gonna start Monster Hunter 4 on her New 3DS and downloading the update seems to have corrupted the data on her SD card. All of her downloaded 3DS games aren't showing up. Are there any fixes for this without having to reformat the card? It'll destroy her to have to start her Animal Crossing town all over again.

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Chill Penguin posted:

lmao

I don't understand why people play racing games when they can get in a car and race down the street, play street fighter when you can just punch someone, play mgs when you can watch a movie, play solitaire on their phones when you can get a deck of cards, or play final fantasy when you can go to a gay bar.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm gonna need some help here. So my girlfriend was gonna start Monster Hunter 4 on her New 3DS and downloading the update seems to have corrupted the data on her SD card. All of her downloaded 3DS games aren't showing up. Are there any fixes for this without having to reformat the card? It'll destroy her to have to start her Animal Crossing town all over again.

Can you pull the files off the SD card with a computer?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

zoux posted:

there are no good review sites. if you see something interesting ask here and we will tell you if its good or not

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Stravinsky posted:

play mgs when you can watch a movie or play final fantasy when you can go to a gay bar.
mods?!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I know you're not looking for eshop game recommendations but I'm going to recommend Box Boy anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Sire Oblivion posted:

Can you pull the files off the SD card with a computer?

She's a couple hours away in another city, so I can't be there to do it myself. She coincidentally backed up her SD card to her laptop this morning. So right now she's deleting the card and copying everything over. But part of me is thinking Animal Crossing isn't gonna like that for Nintendo reasons.