Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

super macho dude posted:

Andy Daly proclaiming that there's only so many voices was the best thing ever.

Now, there are three races,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
If you need proof that Scott is actually a really good interviewer you just need to listen to his interview with Bobcat at the start of this weeks show. It's brilliant.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Bobcat is a far more interesting dude then I realized. Good episode.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Every time I hear Bobcat be a great guest on a podcast (Harmontown a couple of great eps) I have to double-check he's the same guy in Police Academy. My mind keeps rejecting that crazy voice and character to podcast-Bobcat

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I feel like I've been hearing Bobcat talk about trying to shake that persona for about 20 years now. To me he's been "that guy who wants to get away from that stage persona" for me far more than he's ever been "that guy who has that stage persona."

He's always seemed like a really solid dude - and, as said above, a great podcast guest.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

a pipe smoking dog posted:

If you need proof that Scott is actually a really good interviewer you just need to listen to his interview with Bobcat at the start of this weeks show. It's brilliant.

Ya, it was brilliant. I grew up with the bobcat character for so many years, I had no idea it was a character. Thought it was an embellished version of himself. He was great during the character segments, played the game beautifully. C+ guest

But the real star of the ep may be Wengert, his character was perfection. Never taking the bait, "no, but"ing everything. When he misspoke, just saying "no sorry I meant..." instead of playing along. Just great.

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Aug 3, 2015

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Really minor and unimportant thing, but has the sound quality of the 'closing the plug bag' song deteriorated sometime in the last month or so? It sounds off.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

tnimark posted:

Really minor and unimportant thing, but has the sound quality of the 'closing the plug bag' song deteriorated sometime in the last month or so? It sounds off.

I guess they're using the re-recording of a re-recording of a re-recording due to all of the remix lines that people put over it, guess Engineer Cody Cody/Brett/Whatever didn't bother adding those to the original file.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Are you saying it's not a good song?

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

ManoliIsFat posted:

But the real star of the ep may be Wengert, his character was perfection. Never taking the bait, "no, but"ing everything. When he misspoke, just saying "no sorry I meant..." instead of playing along. Just great.

That actually bugged the hell out of me.

BobTheCow
Dec 11, 2004

That's a thing?

piratepilates posted:

I guess they're using the re-recording of a re-recording of a re-recording due to all of the remix lines that people put over it, guess Engineer Cody Cody/Brett/Whatever didn't bother adding those to the original file.

Yeah I've noticed the same thing, that was my guess as well. At least it's good to hear validation that it's not just me losing my mind.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Last couple Hines characters have fallen flat in my view.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

piratepilates posted:

I assume he's making it sound awful so they stop using it and stop making him edit it.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
It could really stand to be retired and take it's place among the stars alongside "What's Up Hot Dog", "My Wife", and "It's Been".

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
My wife is back in a big way

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

My wife is back in a big way

I like that he's started using "the widow Kulap"

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I don't because he's still alive!

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
He's dead as soon as I get my hands on him, I can assure you.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I can't wait for Comedy Bang Bang with Jason Mantzoukas and Jason and Kulap's wedding.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
If you enjoy Joe Wengert's CBB appearances I would strongly recommend checking out his episode of the generally solid podcast Don't Get Me Started (with Will Hines, coincidentally). His music buying and listening and rituals are disturbingly complex.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVbzi98iKFY

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

It's extremely funny to me that frank shut down all Scott's questions and then Scott didn't know who Lisa Frank is.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

GraPar posted:

If you enjoy Joe Wengert's CBB appearances I would strongly recommend checking out his episode of the generally solid podcast Don't Get Me Started (with Will Hines, coincidentally). His music buying and listening and rituals are disturbingly complex.

A great episode of a great podcast. Joe also bluntly refuses to be interested in Will's minor obsession with the Ruby programming language.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Brett Gelman returns!

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Brett Gelman returns!

That will get me to listen to an episode with Heidecker on it, since Heidecker is usually not entertaining to me.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Tim asked about this during Scott's reddit AMA last... month? asking when it would be released, with the answer "Never, there's too much truth." But any one of these three could derail a show on their own, so I'm looking forward to this.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

When people were discussing what their dream guest lineup would be this is literally mine.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

power botton posted:

When people were discussing what their dream guest lineup would be this is literally mine.

Same. The antithesis of Ben Schwartz singing Broadway hits for two hours.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Same. The antithesis of Ben Schwartz singing Broadway hits for two hours.

Eat that floor kid!

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
so is this the right thread to freak out about U2 actually being on UTU2TM

because holy poo poo

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I didn't enjoy the Bobcat Goldthwait ep. Will I enjoy this one?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

VagueRant posted:

It's been 15 minutes of people just screaming into a microphone so far

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

VagueRant posted:

If you don't like the high level bits of the bobcat episode, this one may kill you. Definitely listen.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

because holy poo poo

Wow - I saw the new ep in the feed, but i can't believe that's what it is. I may have to leave work, now.

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

because holy poo poo

Lots of UTU2TM talk going on over here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3507938

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

GNU Order posted:

It's been 15 minutes of people just screaming into a microphone so far

This is everything I wanted when I saw the lineup.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

JethroMcB posted:

This is everything I wanted when I saw the lineup.

To follow up on that, the whole episode was people screaming into a microphone and then it just ended

If I were an A.V. Club reviewer I'd grade this episode an A.

McJuicy
May 9, 2008
Has there been a Whompler birthday episode this year?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

McJuicy posted:

No, but they mentioned her birthday in passing recently, so soon, probably?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

GNU Order posted:

To follow up on that, the whole episode was people screaming into a microphone and then it just ended

If I were an A.V. Club reviewer I'd grade this episode an A.

I'll print that review out and wipe my rear end with it

McJuicy posted:

That should be next week - those episodes have come out the second week of August for the last two years. Speaking of the A.V. Club, Jess and Lynn did an interview there this week about Season 2 of Playing House, and they mentioned that after last year's Wompler Birthday Ep Seth had to pay for damage done to the log flume at Six Flags, so this year Marissa can only afford to have her birthday party at the American Legion hall, with a lot of Korean veterans. Possibly from both sides of the conflict. Joe Bongo may be in attendance.