Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChumpsForChange
Jun 2, 2011
How much TI money can you fit inside a purse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Wezlar posted:

I respect c9's ability/willingness to experiment and pick their own poo poo but I think they would be a much more successful team if they could play the meta once in a while. The meta heroes are the meta heroes because they're so strong. And it's not like Fata can't play QoP and SF and poo poo.

yeah, envy practiced qop like crazy before TI5 started too

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Pomp posted:

Only following fighting games for the past two years has made me forget exactly how seriously esports take themselves :psyduck:

this is an 18 million dollar tournament

Sir Liquid Jerk
Aug 10, 2002
I have Ham Armor +5!
These guys should really just relax and smile on their roll in cards, their ice cold cool guy faces just look goofy as gently caress on every single player.

Toes
Dec 6, 2011

Clods to the left of me,
Bookahs to the right.
MVP is one of my fav teams so please don't die to Newbee

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Pyrion Flax is a good guy

Human
Jun 9, 2004

REAL HUMAN. SAFE TO APPROACH.
Let's give Newbee the Alliance special, boys!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Pyrion Flax is a good guy

i was about to post and be like "how and why is flax a commentator for this" and then he just dunked all over pretentious douchebag who can't count or use analogies

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

Wezlar posted:

I respect c9's ability/willingness to experiment and pick their own poo poo but I think they would be a much more successful team if they could play the meta once in a while. The meta heroes are the meta heroes because they're so strong. And it's not like Fata can't play QoP and SF and poo poo.

I think it's way more fun watching games with different players instead of the usual meta guys. Weren't these the guys who tried buying divine rapiers?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Incoherence posted:

Chinese teams are going to break the streak this year.

I doubt it, Secret and EG look pretty good too and EG 2-0'd CDEC.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
c9 got the 16-0 against iG with a Lich pick, the problem boils down to execution and decision making. Neither game was an outdraft.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

those newbee jackets are kinda ugly IMO good luck MVP

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
I like the new guy, but I'm kinda missing James as main table guy.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Is this poo poo going to midnight or something, how the gently caress are they fitting in 4 elimination matches between now and a time that people are going to go to sleep

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

let's go MVP!!!!!!!!

MVP FIGHTING!!!!!!!!

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

ElNarez posted:

c9 got the 16-0 against iG with a Lich pick, the problem boils down to execution and decision making. Neither game was an outdraft.

But IG is actually poo poo though...

Toes
Dec 6, 2011

Clods to the left of me,
Bookahs to the right.

Revelation 2-13 posted:

I like the new guy, but I'm kinda missing James as main table guy.

James needs his Bruno. I don't think he'd work as well with these super serious dudes.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
anyone know how to fix the dota2.com stream stuck at LOADING?

http://www.dota2.com/watch/76561198198486997

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

stoutfish posted:

this is an 18 million dollar tournament

with lots of technical difficulties. Just because you throw more money in it doesn't mean the crowd, the game, and atmosphere is full of awkward nerds

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Toes posted:

James needs his Soe.

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

terrorist ambulance posted:

Is this poo poo going to midnight or something, how the gently caress are they fitting in 4 elimination matches between now and a time that people are going to go to sleep

sleep?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Get on PST bitches

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Pyrion Flax: "the great risk is that they'll come up with something boring and win with it"

TRUTH

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

very much looking forward to mvp.p clowning on newbee

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
The main danger is they come up with something boring.

Keep dropping these truth bombs PFlax.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

mr sad posted:

Pyrion Flax: "the great risk is that they'll come up with something boring and win with it"

TRUTH

but cdec already played

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

mr sad posted:

TRUTH

Pflax once again knows exactly whats up

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

ElNarez posted:

but c9 already played

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
a man of your cuhleyburr

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

mr sad posted:

I honestly wonder how Singsing feels right now, after that match. Vindicated, I imagine.

He was sitting behind me, and was cheering for cloud9.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Doesn't the South Korean military have an eSports division or something like that

Toes
Dec 6, 2011

Clods to the left of me,
Bookahs to the right.
PFlax keeps surprising me with how good he is on a panel. gently caress the people who didn't want him there.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Doesn't the South Korean military have an eSports division or something like that

I think their airforce had a Starcraft one, and that's because they had Boxer. Not sure if they're still around.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Toes posted:

PFlax keeps surprising me with how good he is on a panel. gently caress the people who didn't want him there.

who are these people

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

the Air Force used to field a Brood War team, i don't think they have an sc2 one but i could be wrong

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

<Starcraft Joke>

Toes posted:

The only goon to make us proud in doto.

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

How long is mandatory korea military?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If you wanna play fuckin' StarCraft 2 maybe lmao

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

NO ANIME

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Toes posted:

You'd have to be a pretty massive rear end in a top hat not to want pflax on there, he is god drat amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
No Anime!

• Locked thread