Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

20150614-_MG_7754 by wallofinsanity, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pootiebigwang
Jun 26, 2008

Looks like you might have some negative overlapping/spacing issues happening in your first image.

ape
Jul 20, 2009
Yeah, the whole roll has that issue. Tried to save as many as I could. So far the other rolls have come out fine. I think I just loaded it wrong.

ape fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jul 31, 2015

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Abandoned mental hospital

Unfortunately security got mad before I could take any other shots when I went inside the fence. Gunna go back at night.

Bonus complete trash messenger pic of the front:

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jul 31, 2015

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Haught
Jan 18, 2009

That's really fantastic, colours are so nice.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Haught posted:

That's really fantastic, colours are so nice.

Thank you!

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

That leica glow 😍

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
LA Swamp Channel by Tom Olson, on Flickr

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
img075-1 by Benjamin Gibb, on Flickr

erephus
May 24, 2012
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Playing with long exposures.

Venice Beach by David Franco, on Flickr

Venice Beach by David Franco, on Flickr

Venice Pier by David Franco, on Flickr

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Beautiful. I'm kind of at a loss for words... it's just.. so goood

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

i wasn't sure i liked this then i clicked and zoomed on it on flickr and i like it way more when it's cropped down to feature the grass on the rocks more strongly

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Is this manmade?

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Is this manmade?

If it's an open channel of water in Louisiana and isn't curvy as a snake with scoliosis, then it's probably man-made.

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

Is this manmade?

Yeah they were created to aid in hauling cypress lumber out of the swamps.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Borgo Pipa, Parma by alkanphel, on Flickr

ape
Jul 20, 2009

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

aquarium-0794 by S M, on Flickr

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!
Went for a trip to the most northern part of Denmark.

P8010019_crop by vexborg, on Flickr

P8010013_crop by vexborg, on Flickr

P8010016 by vexborg, on Flickr

P8010015 by vexborg, on Flickr

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Downtown LA by David Franco, on Flickr

I kinda hosed up this one (pointed polarizer halfway between the sun and shade) but I still liked it.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I dunno why but I really like the first one

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Aug 3, 2015

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mixed alphabet here, I wanted to say cyrillic using country but I see Rs, is it greece ?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

unpacked robinhood posted:

Mixed alphabet here, I wanted to say cyrillic using country but I see Rs, is it greece ?

Not even close haha, its in Brisbane Australia. It's an abandoned campus of the Southbank Institute of Tafe, used to be an art school. I wish I took more photos but I was too busy exploring.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Aug 3, 2015

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
LA Swamp by Tom Olson, on Flickr

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
If anyone has a minute to look at the pics I posted before and give me some pointers etc, I'd really appreciate it. I put a bit of effort into it, and I'm pretty happy with what I got, but I'm sure I can improve.

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

If anyone has a minute to look at the pics I posted before and give me some pointers etc, I'd really appreciate it. I put a bit of effort into it, and I'm pretty happy with what I got, but I'm sure I can improve.

They seem like pretty standard urb-ex photos except you have taken time to compose things so that the lines aren't terrible. I would enjoy them more if they were depicting something funny or absurd that you noticed while there- with the exception of silly graffiti. As it stands, the photos don't really offer much insight into what the building's purpose used to be, and without a backstory my interest drops.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

RangerScum posted:

They seem like pretty standard urb-ex photos except you have taken time to compose things so that the lines aren't terrible. I would enjoy them more if they were depicting something funny or absurd that you noticed while there- with the exception of silly graffiti. As it stands, the photos don't really offer much insight into what the building's purpose used to be, and without a backstory my interest drops.

It was some sort of art school with maybe a bit of trade school or something. I think it was abandoned in 2002, when I was 7, so I can't say for sure but 13 years later there isn't a whole lot left but smashed glass and graffiti. Even the non copper pipes and fittings have been ripped out so I don't think a story would have been possible there. I'll definitely keep my eye out next time for opportunities to give a bit of story though, that's a good idea. I'm still in the "just bought a dlsr take photos of everything" stage but I'm trying to think about composition as much as I can.

Soopafly
Mar 27, 2009

I have a peanut allergy.

Turd Nelson
Nov 21, 2008
Sunset over a freeway by Jenseales, on Flickr

Serene by Jenseales, on Flickr

Turd Nelson fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Aug 4, 2015

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Pagoda Street by alkanphel, on Flickr

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

I really love your photography man :downs:

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.

Firstly, that is a lot of photos of the same place. Pick your best 2. Self-editing is one of the hardest and most important skills to develop.

I'm not seeing much of interest in any of the photos to be honest. Think more about what the subject of each shot actually is and then compose accordingly. Also expose for the subject as well, you have some tricky mixed lighting situations there and have gone for a murky middle ground.

Is probably the strongest composition of the group.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I think I get what you mean. Like in the picture you linked, rather than having the wall be the subject, have the entire room be the subject and show the decay with the rubbish? Looking at that pic I wish I cropped a little bit of the right out.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

what the gently caress posted:

I really love your photography man :downs:

Thanks man!

alkanphel fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Aug 4, 2015

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

I think I get what you mean. Like in the picture you linked, rather than having the wall be the subject, have the entire room be the subject and show the decay with the rubbish? Looking at that pic I wish I cropped a little bit of the right out.

Another thing to consider is places like that, that you usually burn around in urbex mode (used to do it myself heaps in Melbourne) are awesome locations to take photos of people. That pic that deaders quoted had some pretty cool lighting that could be used to advantage to do some gnarly portrait shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

what the gently caress posted:

Another thing to consider is places like that, that you usually burn around in urbex mode (used to do it myself heaps in Melbourne) are awesome locations to take photos of people. That pic that deaders quoted had some pretty cool lighting that could be used to advantage to do some gnarly portrait shots.

Yeah the mate I explored it with wants to go back and take stupid in joke photos of one of my friends. I don't really feel comfortable taking proper pictures of people and I don't really know anyone who'd be up for it.