Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

Hazo posted:

I can't wait to read this thread next week.
:smithicide:

Pick posted:

I agree, he's like my favorite bit character :(.
He gets, what, a minuet of screen time in which they develop him just enough to love the character then BAM! and we're all out of off white Persian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Roy 2: Dave

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

Gonz posted:

Roy 2: Dave
Dave, son of Roy.

Import your Roy save game!

Receive a score multiplayer the more of a deadbeat dad your Roy was!

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

Last Chance posted:

it felt like something from star trek

It used to happen all the time in Red Dwarf, in fact I think quite a few episodes had their resolution revolve around some poo poo they just randomly found in an abandoned ship. When said poo poo wasn't the cause of their problem in the first place.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
And 9 time out of 10 it was a gelf.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I communicate using what you call Jessica'sfeet--NO... telepathy.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I came here accidentally through a wormhole located in what you call "Get out of my head Fart, I know you're in here, la la la la"

This show is absolutely fantastic. I disagree though that I hope Dino doesn't influence the show too much, Morel Orel was an incredibly loving depressing show and I roll my eyes a too hard at Mountain Goats and all that folksy crap. There's totally some depth to the show for sure and Rick obviously has more to him than drunk genius rear end in a top hat but I hope they don't completely murder the humor of the show for the sake of a really heavy and serious show.

That being said Fart going all Bowie and causing mass chaos and the absolute look of horror in Rick and Morty's faces is just great. It's like if Futurama took the dark sense of humor and broke the knob off. I'm genuinely curious if Groening has given his take on it.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
I never get tired of the inventive ways that Rick shits on Jerry. Jerry day care is genius.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

You're immortal, right, which means your life is infinite. Okay, well, then that means there's a 100% chance that you'll eventually do everything, including turning around to look behind you.

...I cannot argue with that.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Servaetes posted:

This show is absolutely fantastic. I disagree though that I hope Dino doesn't influence the show too much, Morel Orel was an incredibly loving depressing show and I roll my eyes a too hard at Mountain Goats and all that folksy crap.

1. gently caress you.

2. Watch Frankenhole.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Two Jerries getting casually mixed up and no one giving a poo poo was great.

Obviously it wouldn't matter much.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

VideoTapir posted:

1. gently caress you.

2. Watch Frankenhole.

1. Sorry man that folksy poo poo makes me want to grab a hacky sack from a sandal wearing college kid and throw it in a dumpster or something. I hear Mountain Goats and think Mumford and Sons but more pretentious. Morel Orel was a good show but it got so incredibly depressing and dark as gently caress it was kinda a bit much to watch. I guess that was the point, to get a bunch of stoner idiots that stay up way too late watching Adult Swim to think about some really heavy poo poo but it ultimately wasn't my thing.

2. I did, kinda weird but pretty funny overall, kind of a shame there was only like a season or so

Also finding out that Fart is Jemaine Clement really loving owns, holy poo poo.

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Aug 3, 2015

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

They already have a family from another dimension, who's to say they can't mix it up even more?

Caught the third episode, and wow... Geez, man...

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I need to watch it again but I'm not sure if they left with the right Jerry or not. They got ticket 5126 and the other Rick asked if they had 5126, but I don't know if he was asking about the Jerry or the ticket. If the former, then how'd he get their ticket? My guess is Morty lost the ticket real quick like at the daycare, and so did the other one but he picked up the first one's lost ticket. Or it's the latter case and they got the right Jerry.

But in the end it doesn't matter and we shouldn't think about it.

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no

Zorglorfian posted:

They already have a family from another dimension, who's to say they can't mix it up even more?

Caught the third episode, and wow... Geez, man...

Yep. Completely lost my poo poo at the end, hit super close to home.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Brightman posted:

But in the end it doesn't matter and we shouldn't think about it.

The whole point of that story was that Jerrys are entirely interchangeable.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

ashpanash posted:

The whole point of that story was that Jerrys are entirely interchangeable.

Yes, but I'm having a hard time deciding if it's funnier that the Jerrys got switched, or if they didn't but they think they did.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Can we talk about Morty's growth at the end of S2/E2? That was a pretty big step for Morty. I feel like it wouldn't have been a big deal for Morty to just ask Rick to kill him, but it looked to me like Morty felt like he had to take responsibility for his decision and its consequences.

I wonder if it's stuff like this that lead to the evil Morty from last season.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
One of the best parts of this show for me is the increasing amount of evidence that parallel universes/MIW theory is true, explaining the weird behaviors in observed quantum mechanics

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

The butterbot is my most favorite thing in the series.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Oh... my god...

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
The world can be one together
cosmos without hatred
stars like diamonds in your eyes

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
God, what an existential nightmare Roy must be.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Brightman posted:

Yes, but I'm having a hard time deciding if it's funnier that the Jerrys got switched, or if they didn't but they think they did.

wats funnier is that no one cared - even jerry, while concerned, didn't find it a compelling enough potential mistake to stop the process

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Please let there be a Krombopulos Michael clone or something. "Oh boy, here I go killing again!" was an incredibly absurd and great line.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Gonz posted:

Please let there be a Krombopulos Michael clone or something. "Oh boy, here I go killing again!" was an incredibly absurd and great line.

I like how he has a ritual where he kisses a picture of his wife or whatever. Krombopulos MIchael is probably the friendliest character that has no code of ethics ever.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

The Human Crouton posted:

I like how he has a ritual where he kisses a picture of his wife or whatever. Krombopulos MIchael is probably the friendliest character that has no code of ethics ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NZDwZbyDus

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

OpaqueEcho posted:

Yep. Completely lost my poo poo at the end, hit super close to home.

My brain literally shut down and I just stopped everything I was doing and stared at the screen for several minutes trying to process it.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Gonz posted:

Infinite universes. If we started getting Summer-focused episodes after the point where we switched to an entirely different version of Morty's family, then Krombopulus Michael's death just didn't even happen, statistically.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Raserys posted:

God, what an existential nightmare Roy must be.

haha no more than everything else.

Gonz posted:

bro we got better, alternate realities! There's confirmed to be a Krombopulous Michael who didn't get hit with a car because there's a Morty that hung out at blitz and chipz all day.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
we all know they aren't going to bring back K Michael precisely because he's a fan favorite. They'll bring back Slowmoebius or something. Which I'm fine with cuz he owns too

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

The Human Crouton posted:

ayyye. thats my bug drawing.

Also. A star is born,

This is how a Rick invention is made

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Typical posted:

Also. A star is born,

holy poo poo, piss

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
That's super cool. You should do a shout out to the forums by getting them to release leaked episodes with alternate endings.

On a serious note, when you're doing the designs do you usually know what actors will be voicing guest characters relating to them and does that influence design at all?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Typical posted:

Beware, you may now shoulder blame
As well as glory.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

KoRMaK posted:

holy poo poo, piss badasssss

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Do you resent Rick for killing Chris?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Typical posted:

Can you go into a little detail about how you all eventually settle on a design? Does the prop team sit down and vote? Does the art supervisor choose? Does Dan walk in and pick one like how George Lucas wanders into a room and points at the model he wants?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

they're going to bring back K Mike and he's going to fight Abrodolf Linkler

• Locked thread