Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

IMJack posted:

Much more likely to get that weird double Pentagram bonus for Devil/Angel Room spawns.

Imagine finding Diplopia in the first room of the Chest when you have a D6.

The main trick is that you can't use D6 before Dilpopia simultaneously, because if you reroll the Diplopia will also be rerolled.

But while you can't re-roll until you get items you want to double, you can turn 3 mediocre items into 6 great pieces of reroll fuel. Throw in the Jera and profit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I wonder how broken the game would be if theres an item that lets you carry two space-bar items...

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

All you'd have to do is pick up Diplopia first. Then you'd have two of everything else, including twin D6.

I hope Hive Mind stacks because Guppy mode would be even more hilarious

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Manatee Cannon posted:

All you'd have to do is pick up Diplopia first. Then you'd have two of everything else, including twin D6.

I hope Hive Mind stacks because Guppy mode would be even more hilarious

Exactly. Up to 3 rerolls before Diplopia, 7 with Dilpopia (gotta pick that dice up first), and like 14 if you Jera the chests before opening them.

It's kind of terrifying how much power that is.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

The Bee posted:

Dilpopia

Diplopia

4 times in two posts, I can't handle that much misspelling.

But yeah, It does sound REALLY nice. Although I have had those two runs where I found a Credit Card and didn't get the chance to use it for the whole game, so I imagine that Diplopia will be the same way.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

the Dlipopia Shears sounds really loving sweet. Can't wait for this expansion to get me back into this game again. Maybe I'll even unlock the Lost and-hahahahahahahahahahahaha :negative:

Twib
Dec 24, 2013
So the past couple of weeks, I've been throwing my body at the brick wall that's ??? on Hard in order to unlock the D6. Just finished today, and it was a struggle - Infestation Shot being my first Treasure Room item really helped with survivability. It was interesting having to actually cherry pick which Devil Room deals I wanted - on Normal, I usually had enough hearts to grab everything and then some.

But the great thing is that I managed to get the Bible in a shop, which took care of Mom. I managed to get Guppy mode by Utero I, with Guppy's Collar, Guppy's Tail, and Nine Lives in that order. So I was pretty much set.

And then I managed to become Lord of the Flies with Skatole in a Utero II arcade. My flies were monstrous.

And then once Isaac died and I was in the Chest, I got Cricket's Body, Polythemus, Cupid's Arrow, and Ipecac.

And then I got Sad Bombs, Poison Bombs, and Quad Shot while clearing the chest out.

And then I got the Anarchist's Cookbook and The Tower card.

One hit of the spacebar and a tap on Q and I had what felt like a dozen poison bombs which exploded into green-tinted giant explosive shrapnel that exploded into even more dozens of explosive poison shrapnel. Everything died in a blaze of green gory gassy glory.

If anyone else wants to cackle manically in the Chest, the seed's 3SCK.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Seeds have 8 characters

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Cobalt60 posted:

I mean, there's no way it would work in a three-item devil room... right??

Diplopia works on items in the shop.

So, yeah.

It's like having a credit card you could then stack.

Pentagram, Nine Lives, and The Mark for free... and then you get all of them with Credit Card too. :getin:

EDIT: Also, you know, you could do this as well. Diplopia those three items, then PERTHRO them. Get Brimstone, Dark Bum, and Guppy's Collar. The possibilities with this item are going to be awesome, to be sure.

EDIT 2: Also, meat boy.

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Aug 4, 2015

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Well, in the current version, it seems that for many of the items, if you get them twice they don't stack. Let's hope they fix that, otherwise this item becomes kinda useless less awesome.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Nothing like having a 10-streak, then going on an Eden run with low speed, low rate of fire, low damage, one heart, and getting swarmed by six fat red flies in a small room on the first floor. I literally couldn't do anything other than watch myself die.

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot

Ariong posted:

You normal extra lives come first, then the ones that transform you, then once you're out of surefire extra lives Guppy's Collar kicks in.

I'm not sure it works like that, because I had a Lost run last night that looked like it might finally get me through Boss Rush, but I died with one life left on my dead cat, and came back as Lazarus, still had the cat life but obviously it didn't really matter anymore.

Carbon dioxide posted:

It depends on where you actually die. If you carefully walk into the door and die while inside the curse room, you'll spawn on the outside. If you run through it, the death animation will trigger while you're already entering the next room, and it will spawn you in the last room you were in, which is inside the curse room.

Holy poo poo thanks so much. Wasted so many lives

Manatee Cannon posted:

Ah, cool.

I wish there was a character that started with Missing No.

I had a Lost run where I got D6 and Missing no (finally hitting Platinum God) and was super excited for the chaos... And then the first boss was the big ghost rear end in a top hat and my damage was pitiful

Bobo the Red fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Aug 4, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Carbon dioxide posted:

Well, in the current version, it seems that for many of the items, if you get them twice they don't stack. Let's hope they fix that, otherwise this item becomes kinda useless less awesome.

That's what Edmund says in the post; for a lot of items it'll be completely useless, like items that change your tears, but for others it'll be game-changing.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Some items shouldn't stack anyway. Imagine double Soy Milk.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Bobo the Red posted:

I'm not sure it works like that, because I had a Lost run last night that looked like it might finally get me through Boss Rush, but I died with one life left on my dead cat, and came back as Lazarus, still had the cat life but obviously it didn't really matter anymore.

Lazarus comes first because it revives you inside the room without resetting it. I believe the order is lazarus->guppy's collar->cat lives/1-up->dark judas->ankh.

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Would be pretty rad with Libra, I must say.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Vic Boss posted:

Would be pretty rad with Libra, I must say.

Or double libra :aaaaa:

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
I'm trying to picture... I mean. It *must* be the case that you can random into the duploblock as starting equipment, right? So you could theoretically duplo the duplo? I guess you'd never get infinite growth, but, anything else you could figure out how to get in the room would get repeat-duploed.

Is there a 3rd duplo on a grassy gnoll that might be gettable?

I guess it's edge case at best. You might see it in the chest and get to multi-duplicate a stat up or something.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Ferroque posted:

Or double libra :aaaaa:

So your stats become twice as even?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ariong posted:

So your stats become twice as even?

"Oh yeah, I'm avarage as gently caress."

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
There's a small bump from libra but it's random which stat it is applied to I think

Sartorius
Dec 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
So I was in Utero 1. Not a great loadout, but serviceable. Tech 2, a few damage ups, Gish, Little Chad, the Wafer, and so on.
Decided to use a 1 Die room. Ended up with Ipecac, Tiny Planet, and My Reflection.
I'm not sure it gets worse.

Edit: And, apparently, Cricket's Body and Loki's Horns. What a good decision. :shepicide:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

It's called Technology. :smug:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I really need to share this seed with you!
Ipecac+pyromaniac+monstros lung+ Crickets body.
Those are the first 4 treasure room items. Ipecac and Pyromaniac might be only after a reroll.

0G9HBCRX on easy.

If you reroll the item in the boss room on cave 2 you also get deaths touch.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Aug 5, 2015

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

You're pretty good.

Sartorius posted:

So I was in Utero 1. Not a great loadout, but serviceable. Tech 2, a few damage ups, Gish, Little Chad, the Wafer, and so on.
Decided to use a 1 Die room. Ended up with Ipecac, Tiny Planet, and My Reflection.
I'm not sure it gets worse.

Edit: And, apparently, Cricket's Body and Loki's Horns. What a good decision. :shepicide:

Enjoy the Suicide King challenge!

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

All I need to do is get a couple Lazarus wins on hard to have all the hard mode clears before Afterbirth, so I was playing him last night. I got tech in basement 1 and it kind of sucked but then in basement 2 I got ludovico, which made it good. A couple damage ups along the way -- jesus juice, odd mushroom -- and it pretty much carried me through the boss rush and the chest. It's not ludobrim, but it'll do.

Sartorius
Dec 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Vic Boss posted:

Enjoy the Suicide King challenge!

That wasn't as bad because I could usually predict where the shots were gonna go. Tiny Planet absolutely ruined it though. Bleck.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I started a new Eden run, and the game-start chime suddenly sloooowed way the hell down. What's wrong? Is my computer dying?

No, Eden started with the Stopwatch.

I'm just going to mute the music this run.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Apparently the Contract from Below stacks. There's another candidate for the new item.

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

You're pretty good.

Ariong posted:

Apparently the Contract from Below stacks. There's another candidate for the new item.

Octuple Trouble Room!!

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Vic Boss posted:

Octuple Trouble Room!!

:stare:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Vic Boss posted:

Octuple Trouble Room!!

Oh look, it's 16 champion Gurdy Juniors.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Ariong posted:

Oh god no. Why would you even say something like this? Why?!

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Ariong posted:

Oh, is Florian still making updates?

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Speaking of Gurdy, where exactly is her hitbox? I fought one in the Beans! challenge and it took like 20 bombs even though I had it right next to her. Do I have to put them inside of Gurdy's sprite?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

legoman727 posted:

Speaking of Gurdy, where exactly is her hitbox? I fought one in the Beans! challenge and it took like 20 bombs even though I had it right next to her. Do I have to put them inside of Gurdy's sprite?

A little bit, yes. Gurdy's hitbox is approximately here:

If it went all the way up on top, you wouldn't be able to walk behind her, and if it went all the way to the sides you wouldn't be able to walk around her if those rocks that sometimes spawn were in the way. So you can touch all 3 "corners" of the sprite without getting hurt, it's just a bit ambiguous where. I'd say it's about one tile's worth of space between a corner of Gurdy and the hitbox, considering bombs placed on the outside edge of her sprite won't hurt her.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I'd like Afterbirth to add some more challenge room configurations to the Womb and endgame. Seeing the same Fistula -> Loki -> Chub room three times in a run just gets old.

AttackTheMoon
Jul 4, 2015

Just met the 400 hour mark on this game how do I continue to keep it interesting till Afterbirth?

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Dont play it? I've slowed down my playing of it till afterbirth hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
I've been doing an eden run a day recently for streak. I lost it yesterday at 30 though so I think I'm just not going to play until afterbirth comes out.