Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

i dont understand whats happening but im really impressed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

theflyingorc posted:

- me, during sex with a woman

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Occultatio
Aug 4, 2005

a massive toolclown who cannot stop causing problems

fwiw that's St. Peter Martyr who was killed by being stabbed in the head, and since martyrs were depicted during the renaissance with the method of their martyrdom...

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
please don't yell at tech support

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

pram posted:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

- me, during sex with a woman

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

theflyingorc posted:

are u also impressed when nerds are good at DDR because it's the same thing

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Power Ambient posted:

are u also impressed when nerds are good at DDR because it's the same thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFUPaakHzeU

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
that looks dumb

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
Here's another one of those things that's been around a lot longer. I don't know what the heck is going on either but I like the music a lot more than in the other examples.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTx3G6h2xyA

Valtaherra
Feb 23, 2007

It's a personal pineapple

Lakitu7 posted:

Here's another one of those things that's been around a lot longer. I don't know what the heck is going on either but I like the music a lot more than in the other examples.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTx3G6h2xyA

madeon owns

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

quote:

Andreas M. (57), from Freital, Germany, raises his arm to a nazi salute in provocation toward a group of demonstrators for human and refugees rights, who were marching nearby.

He gets then calmly approached from behind by a police officer, who gently lower his arms and informs him that he's under arrest for "use of gestures attributable to unconstitutional organizations".

If charged, he faces 3 years in jail.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

lol

:allears:

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Valtaherra posted:

madeon owns

yeah he's good

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

3 years in jail for a hand gesture? what loving nazis

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

NoneMoreNegative posted:

also holy poo poo, move aside cable stands and non-resonating hand carved knobs, a new level for fleecing audiophiles.

http://bldgblog.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/horse-skull-disco.html
bldgblog owns

quote:

Last month, The Economist reported on the widespread presence of radioactive tailings piles—waste rock left over from Soviet mining operations—in southern Kyrgyzstan. Many of the country's huge, unmonitored mountains of hazardous materials are currently leaching into the local water supply.

In a particularly alarming detail, even if you wanted to avoid the danger, you might not necessarily know where to find it: "Fences and warning signs have been looted for scrap metal," we read.

Frequent landslides and seasonal floods also mean that the tailings are at risk of washing downriver into neighboring countries, including into "Central Asia’s breadbasket, the Fergana Valley, which is home to over 10m people... A European aid official warns of a 'creeping environmental disaster.'"

Attempts at moving the piles have potentially made things worse, releasing "radioactive dust" that might be behind a spike in local cancers.

In addition to the sheer aesthetic horror of the landscape—a partially radioactive series of river valleys, lacking in warning signs, that writer Robert Macfarlane would perhaps call "eerie," a place where "suppressed forces pulse and flicker beneath the ground and within the air... waiting to erupt or to condense"—it's worth noting at least two things:

There appears to be no end in sight; as The Economist points out, the neighboring countries "are hardly on speaking terms, so cross-border co-operation is non-existent," and the costs of moving highly contaminated mine waste are well out of reach for the respective governments.

This means we can more or less confidently predict that, over the coming decades, many of these tailings piles will wash away, slowly but relentlessly, fanning out into the region's agricultural landscape.

Once these heavy metals and flecks of uranium have dispersed into the soil, silt, and even plantlife, they will be nearly impossible to re-contain; this will have effects not just over the span of human lifetimes but on a geological timescale.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

I thought that was a kid but it's a dude with a really bad haircut

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

ol qwerty bastard posted:

that's like a liartownusa netflix description that someone turned into a real movie

i irl laughed when reading the summary of 'pixels' on metacritic cause it reminded me of something you'd read on awful movie database

Summary: When intergalactic aliens misinterpret video-feeds of classic arcade games as a declaration of war against them, they attack the Earth, using the games as models for their various assaults. President Will Cooper (Kevin James) << this is where i laughed

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
apparently there is a scene where president fatman and the tubby first lady dance around a cake

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Valtaherra posted:

madeon owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puTJ6fz2y7s

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

i made it go all the way around

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
icosahedron more like i cause a hard-on

pram
Jun 10, 2001

echinopsis posted:

i made it go all the way around

good on ya mate *tips cork hat*

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

"a skeleton"

differently-skinned persons, please

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
whats next

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Radio Paranoia posted:

"a skeleton"

differently-skinned persons, please

dude with the flashlight better watch where he puts his other hand

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
#unlivesmatter

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Valtaherra posted:

madeon owns

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

have some avs i guess:

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

is there an art student in here who can tell me the word for when a thing tries to prove a point so incompetently it lends weight to the opposing argument? ty in advance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

• Locked thread