Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Oath Complete!

The Inqisitor was my first time doing a quartered scheme; for some reason he looks super-like Judge Dread. Journal is the flag on the building, advertising a sports team or the research team that's using the facility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

Schmetterling posted:

M&SU represent! :respek:

:hfive: We seem to have approached Malifaux from similar vectors this month.

By the way, excellent work this month all around (those posters, dang), but that Angelica really stood out! I painted one up as a gift for a friend last year; it's one of my favorite Wyrd models. Your color scheme really enhances the things that make that model fun.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete

Added a banner for the jurnal.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
It's early morning oath time, so lets get this ball started!

I, drgnvale, oath for the month of August two hero units for Kings of War: 1 bones vampire with a GW sword, and 1 GW skeleton king dude

edit: They are primed flat black (with some touch up of brush on primer on the vampire where the spray primer rubbed off (those are the shinier parts). It looks whitish from the flash. Here's another picture with flash off:

drgnvale fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Aug 1, 2015

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
:siren: June Judging! :siren:

Third Place: Weirdo, 1pt

What an excellent use of spare hammers! The reference is spot on, and I really like that it has a seat too, and makes me wonder if you'll ever make a dwarf king to sit on it. Hint hint!

Second Place: Gareth Gobulcoque, 2pts

This is some pro poo poo right here. Getting it to look comic-like with that shading really makes it pop.

First Place: Dr. Gargunza, 3pts

Hahaha I love it. The bottles alone really catch the eye (how DID you do that?), and hawaii-partying ork looks so fashionable in that shirt of his.

Bonus Point: Gareth Gobulcoque

Surfing lich lord is pretty :krad:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
The last one was fun, let's give it another go! :)

I, Sydney Bottocks, hereby oath for the month of August the following models: a wizard, an apprentice, and a treasure hunter for the Frostgrave game

(from left to right: treasure hunter, wizard, apprentice)

The figures are all Reaper miniatures, and they're on Dragon Forge bases (the "stone floor" base, IIRC). I figured I would oath just these three for the month as I want to put a little extra time into 'em (as opposed to the WW2 minis where I'm just painting to get them on the table as quick as possible).

Can we add stuff to our oaths as we go? I might have one or two more figures for Frostgrave I want to add in later on, if that's OK.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Can we add stuff to our oaths as we go? I might have one or two more figures for Frostgrave I want to add in later on, if that's OK.

People have done it plenty of times so far, so there are no problems with adding to your oath later. Just get everything done by the end! :)

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I, Grey Hunter, oath 108 German Grenadiers By Battlefront Miniatures, 15mm

I'm going to be basing them up individually for skirmish games.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Sydney Bottocks posted:

You just need to quote your oath post, put OATH ADDITION at the top and add a timestamped photo of the next thing you want to paint

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
For for the month of August, I Ugleb hereby do oath-eth:

4x lampposts for the Batman Miniatures Game, 32mm by Knight models.

And the following for Dropzone Commander, 10mm by Hawk Wargames:
4x Juno Scout Walkers
2x Triton A2 light Dropships (weapons shown separately)
2x Neptune medium Dropships
4x bases of Immortal Longreach Rifle Teams.

Invasion cometh and the PHR need their reinforcements! :D

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I'm going to go ahead, bite the bullet, and oath the Woldwrath from Privateer Press' Hordes

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Gonna oath for myself a cutter, from Corvus Belli/Infinity in 28mm

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

:ducksiren: JUNE-DGMENT :ducksiren:

1 Point - Uroboros

Those are some great looking assassins, especially this bad mofo. It can be said that black, white, and red are all difficult colors to work with, and they're all represented really nicely here. I like the shading on the skull, looks like grey with a very slight touch of green? Very skully, works great. The highlights on the black suit and red armor is nice and smooth, and achieve just the right amount of contrast with the base tones. I also enjoy how subdued the base is, it works well considering the dynamic pose.

2 Points - Gareth Gobulcoque

This cool experiment is definitely worth some attention. The inked-looking shading is pretty sweet! I can see how it must be tricky, especially on something like wide expanses of cloth that would need a smooth gradient of some kind. This fella sells the look very well, and the boldness of the colors certainly help out the graphic feel of the shading. Your other entries this month are great, too, I can't overlook the surfing skelly in particular. The flat but bright colors of the board perfectly remind of pro swim gear.

3 Points - Germ

These modular terrain pieces are an absolute joy. It's very impressive how versatile they can be with a few different terrain types to switch between. I like the option of leaving the slots unfilled, to expose more of the stagnant water, or filling them with a simple low-profile slab. These kinds of options, and a generally sensible approach to the variation of angles in the stonework, makes it look like these are very functional in-game. Also I shouldn't let those warp spiders go unmentioned, as they are rocking a great and simple scheme. The reflections on their backpacks are very tasty.

Technical Challenge Point - Dr. Gargunza

The cocktail umbrella is hilarious. I love how experimental this all is, from the greenstuffing to the painted shadows to the ice cooler. That's some solid casting work for sure, I don't see any of these alleged imperfections from here. The ice looks super refreshing, and makes me want to grab a similarly green-tinted bottle from my own fridge. In fact, why don't I just do that. Cheers!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I, NTRabbit, oath for the month of August

6 Ogre warriors with two handed weapons, 3 Ogre shooters, 3 Ogre boomers, and an Ogre standard bearer, all for Kings of War by Mantic (28mm)

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath these six Space Marines. 28mm GW.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, oath this Scales of Justice, a Malifaux Guild model, for the month of August.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I, JerryLee, being of sorcerous mind and flesh-changed body, do solemnly swear to paint a Thousand Sons marine for August

(Bolter is separate for painting, obviously.)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

drgnvale posted:

It's early morning oath time, so lets get this ball started!

I, drgnvale, oath for the month of August two hero units for Kings of War: 1 bones vampire with a GW sword, and 1 GW skeleton king dude

edit: They are primed flat black (with some touch up of brush on primer on the vampire where the spray primer rubbed off (those are the shinier parts). It looks whitish from the flash. Here's another picture with flash off:

Grey Hunter posted:

I, Grey Hunter, oath 108 German Grenadiers By Battlefront Miniatures, 15mm

I'm going to be basing them up individually for skirmish games.

Ugleb posted:

For for the month of August, I Ugleb hereby do oath-eth:

4x lampposts for the Batman Miniatures Game, 32mm by Knight models.

And the following for Dropzone Commander, 10mm by Hawk Wargames:
4x Juno Scout Walkers
2x Triton A2 light Dropships (weapons shown separately)
2x Neptune medium Dropships
4x bases of Immortal Longreach Rifle Teams.

Invasion cometh and the PHR need their reinforcements! :D

counterspin posted:

I'm going to go ahead, bite the bullet, and oath the Woldwrath from Privateer Press' Hordes

Signal posted:

Gonna oath for myself a cutter, from Corvus Belli/Infinity in 28mm

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, oath for the month of August

6 Ogre warriors with two handed weapons, 3 Ogre shooters, 3 Ogre boomers, and an Ogre standard bearer, all for Kings of War by Mantic (28mm)

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath these six Space Marines. 28mm GW.

Pyrolocutus posted:

I, Pyrolocutus, oath this Scales of Justice, a Malifaux Guild model, for the month of August.

JerryLee posted:

I, JerryLee, being of sorcerous mind and flesh-changed body, do solemnly swear to paint a Thousand Sons marine for August

(Bolter is separate for painting, obviously.)

OATHS ACCEPTED!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

LordAba posted:

People have done it plenty of times so far, so there are no problems with adding to your oath later. Just get everything done by the end! :)
As already answered, yes, this is perfectly fine and encouraged! One thing I ask is that you do this:

NTRabbit posted:

You just need to quote your oath post, put OATH ADDITION at the top and add a timestamped photo of the next thing you want to paint
which is pretty simple. The OTHER thing we really need you to do if you're doing an Oath Addition is to do what Germ did here, which is to collect all the completed Oaths into one post so the spreadsheet can be filled in with a single URL. This lets me click on the link and collect all the finished Oaths in one go, rather than having to sift through all of a user's recent posts to find the finished models.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

A bit off topic, but I just got my starter set of DZC from last year's Oath Thread!

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Monoliths posted:

Those are some great looking assassins, especially this bad mofo. It can be said that black, white, and red are all difficult colors to work with, and they're all represented really nicely here. I like the shading on the skull, looks like grey with a very slight touch of green? Very skully, works great. The highlights on the black suit and red armor is nice and smooth, and achieve just the right amount of contrast with the base tones. I also enjoy how subdued the base is, it works well considering the dynamic pose.

Sweet, thanks! I didn't really expect to make anyone's radar considering what I've seen so far.

The skull is Zandri > Seraphim Wash > Zandri > Ushabti > Screaming Skull > Very thin line of White Scar on the most raised portions like the eye sockets. The eyes themselves are Stegadon > Sotek > Temple Guard Blue. The whole thing looks a tad darker in the picture than reality, imo.

Also, I was going through the spreadsheet. Did I win something for June, or is that a typo? I didn't see my name on a post, maybe I didn't look hard enough.

TheArmorOfContempt fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Aug 3, 2015

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Signal posted:

A bit off topic, but I just got my starter set of DZC from last year's Oath Thread!

One of us! Yay! I look forwards to retro-styled DzC stuff. :allears:

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Krushgroove, you accepted my May Oath, but missed the completion post.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Uroboros posted:

Just checked, same for me.

Also for July, but I gahter that's not up to date yet

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Slimnoid posted:

What an excellent use of spare hammers! The reference is spot on, and I really like that it has a seat too, and makes me wonder if you'll ever make a dwarf king to sit on it. Hint hint!

Why thank you! I'll have to make a king at some point, but it seems those who sit on the Mithril throne often have short reigns :v:

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."
I the Sisko, do hereby oath the Assassins from the Assassinorum : Execution Force by GW (28mm)

I'm also declaring a Save the Whale! on my previous oath

The Sisko posted:

I, The Sisko oath that I will paint these 2 Centurions and 5 tactical marines from Game Worskhop (28mm).

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Hey folks, I'll have the spreadsheet updated on Thursday! Please feel free to keep posting them up and we'll make sure all the past oaths from previous months are caught up.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oh hey, I probably should check the spreadsheet more often. I'm missing completions from May and July, as well as Backstory and Sixpack achievements from May and Box Art from June.

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Oath complete in the nick of time (or my watch is wrong)

I went with the schoolbus theme

Backstory
Oi! You lot! I've gots me a kunning plan! Dem stinky 'umies, dem's got school buses, wot take lil' 'umies to school and keeps 'em safe. Big n' yellow, wiv a red sign. I've got me own school buz right 'ere! Da 'umie red sign tells 'em to be careful, buncha wussies. My sign sayz WAAAAAAAGH! Now, you lot, get in! Boyz only, no grots allowed! Time to teach dem 'umies a lesson!

Lord Hypnostache posted:

:sun: Oath complete! :sun:

I'm claiming Box Art for the Psyker and Sister of Battle

I got a bit carried away and forgot what the actual theme for journal was, but everyone's ready for a day at the beach! The orc has dressed up in its nicest summer dress with pink flowers and the goblin has some sick waves painted on his shield. The dark elf has managed to find the one beach where it apparently isn't nice and sandy. Dark elves hate fun.

Ninjaedit: Oh poo poo, the theme was traveling and not beaches. Uhh, the goblin is traveling on a giant spider?

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Oath complete

I've painted too many orcs this season and I'm starting to lose interest in them. Need to paint something else next month.

Claiming Journal for the banner.

Also, finished my last batch of Relic minis

This season has been really good for me so far, I've finally painted all the Relic minis I have and I've freehanded more banners during this season ever before, I've actually gone back and redid some of my old banners.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Uroboros posted:

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Oh hey, I probably should check the spreadsheet more often. I'm missing completions from May and July, as well as Backstory and Sixpack achievements from May and Box Art from June.

lovestick posted:

Hey folks, I'll have the spreadsheet updated on Thursday! Please feel free to keep posting them up and we'll make sure all the past oaths from previous months are caught up.

Sorry about that, and as lovestick replied he's the one maintaining the spreadsheet. Please do check the spreadsheet at least once a month if you're going for points! Also it'll help make sure that your photos are included in the monthly photo albums, as I use the links from the spreadsheet to get the Oath Complete pictures for everyone.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
I, Galaspar, oath three chaos cultists by GW for August

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

krushgroove posted:

Sorry about that, and as lovestick replied he's the one maintaining the spreadsheet. Please do check the spreadsheet at least once a month if you're going for points! Also it'll help make sure that your photos are included in the monthly photo albums, as I use the links from the spreadsheet to get the Oath Complete pictures for everyone.

My photos were in the album when I checked at the time, which is why I didn't bother checking the spreadsheet itself until now

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Yeah sorry the bolded bit was just a general announcement for everyone, I didn't mean to make it seem like I was yelling at you guys asking the questions :)

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for the month of August a Malifaux Ironsides box - Ironsides, the Captain, Mouse, and three Oxfordian Mages

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

If you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a night.
If you set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his short, painful life.

lovestick posted:

Thanks Lovestick! I just did a review and saw that I didn't get my I Rolled a 6! point for June. I figure my July points will get added on your Thursday update, but the June achievement must have gotten lost in the shuffle. Let me know if I need to show you anything. Appreciate the work filling out that beast.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
None of my July points are on there as well:

Oath http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=85329#post448380919
Complete http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=85329#post448427888

BobFish
Jan 16, 2004

Believe: The Sequel - This time it really will happen
I, BobFish, hereby oath these 3 converted Mantic Abyssal Dwarves for August.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

lovestick posted:

Uroboros posted:

OATH COMPLETE!

I am actually happy with how my first Assassin came out. The white lines I painted pretty much match completely with the way the lighting plays on the models.

From May.

Luv youuu....

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Looks like I'm also missing some entries on the spreadsheet: My June oath, addition, and completion, as well as my July complete post. There's also something for May that I didn't understand, a link in the column Prize 2 TTCOMBAT brush holder - did I win something and miss it?

e: OH SHI- Apparently I did. PM outgoing!

June Oath, addition, and completion:

moths posted:

I, moths, oath for June: two ruined buildings, six German riflemen, one German squad leader, one Polish TKS Tankette (all 28mm by Warlord Games), one frame of Renedra palisade fences, and one scratchbuilt mud bog. ...and a KR multicase case.

I had to play with the levels to get the date visible, my basement lighting is lighting in name only.

moths posted:

OATH ADDITION!

I, moths, (in addition to the above) oath Privateer Press's Lylyth, Herald of Everblight:

moths posted:

:siren:OATH COMPLETE!

Claiming JURNAL for this summer... fun... mud bog.

Please note this PRIVATEER PRESS figure for the Hordes drawing:

...and finally this :krad: KR Multicase:

This is a pattern used by the Polish in the 30's. It was mostly retired by WW2, but it's really pretty so there you are. I'm really glad this came up, or I'd never have tried painting my case and now I'm totally glad I did.

July Completion:

moths posted:

:siren: Oath Complete!

Walls:

Germans:

Champion of Slaanesh:

Craters:

The Chaos champion is this month's July Flag challenge, which also qualifies me for the Aetherium Flag drawing!

moths fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Aug 4, 2015

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
:siren: I, Lord Aba, oath 5 pyromantics, 3 riot gggrrrrrrlllllsssss, 1 TOV, and 4 pylons (32mm models from Anvil 8 games for Aetherium).

----
Note that I will probably post a list of people in the Aetherium drawing next weekend, and pick the winner the weekend after. lovestick is the awesomest person in the world, so I will be using the spreadsheet to grab most of the names.

Though lovestick didn't post my oath for last month: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=16#post447948071

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
Random Shout-Out: LordAba also just donated a bunch of stuff to the North America grab bag! Pictures will be updated to that whenever I dig my camera out of a moving box soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I, Electric Hobo, oath for the month of August: 1 Male Rogue from CP Models (28mm) and 2 homemade pieces of wall/paved road.

• Locked thread