Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

FAUXTON posted:

Rasmussen, maybe Gallup or Zogby? Keep in mind that "overtly conservative" is a relative term

"The one Karl Rove trusts", though Rasmussen was the one I was thinking of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

From the website

quote:

"I have a dream that Hillary is never our President. I dare you to dream of an America that's not completely hosed over by this evil bitch." -Martin Luther King Jr. (not that one)

and

:dogbutton:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
There's a second MLK Jr.? :aaa:

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Chris Christie posted:

Not to mention the new voters Trump will pull into the General Election. You think the polls were bad underestimating Obama's margins of victory? HA, what 'till you see how WRONG the likely voter models are for a general election featuring Donald Trump.

My memories of 2008 and 2012 were actually the polls, once averaged by groups like 538, being incredibly accurate though.

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

I was more concerned by the remarks about poor people being stupid losers.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

MrWillsauce posted:

I was more concerned by the remarks about poor people being stupid losers.

I don't feel like dignifying that part of his posts with a response.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Chris Christie posted:

When you think about it, it is ultimately you leftists who will be most responsible for PRESIDENT Donald Trump.

Your chickens are coming home to roost.

Your insistence on going with the "cool" guy. Your constant marrying of D.C. and Hollywood. Your glorification of hype, social media, glamour, and glitz. Your relentless campaign to get more and more of the dregs of society into the habit of voting.

On one magical day next November, all the fruits of your labor will come together in one gloriously triumphant evening, as we reach the logical conclusion of your perversion of politics in America.

The 45th President of the United States - Donald Mother loving Trump.

Dems always run hip dudes like Kerry and Gore, whereas republicans traditionally run detached, political masterminds like Reagan and Bush Jr.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Chris Christie: Make America Grate Again.

E: Reagan was a detached political mastermind in the same way his senility made him a timelord.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Aug 4, 2015

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
This is how America dies: on a reality tv show come to life.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

point of return posted:

My memories of 2008 and 2012 were actually the polls, once averaged by groups like 538, being incredibly accurate though.

Polls won't be accurate until the primary season is upon us. Most normal people haven't even bothered to investigate their options yet. Right now polls are mostly measuring what name people heard most recently. That's why it's all Trump/Clinton all the time.

quote:

I find your faith in humanity amusing. Just LOL if you don't think MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of your Obama voters are sheep who will happily flock to the new, hip, glamour candidate. They'll eat up his new reality show, Trump 2016. He'll churn out even more additional new voters too.

Your biggest mistake is thinking that Trump is hip or that average folks/moderates think he is hip. He's an old, worn-out fool and he doesn't have 1/10th of, e.g., Reagan's charisma. He's not nearly slick enough to pull of any sort of coup in the general.

Vox Nihili fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Aug 4, 2015

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Chris Christie posted:

I am being 100% truthful about supporting Trump AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME though.

That's incredibly hilarious, and a good indicator of how sad it must be to identify as Republican these days.

Anyway, around 50%~ of Republicans think Trump is actively bad for the party, and 61% of total voters would "never, ever" vote for Trump. As a liberal, I really would love to see Trump become the GOP nominee, but unfortunately I don't think we'll be that lucky.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
loving lol if Trump wins the nomination

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
More Chris Christie please

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Shinjobi posted:

More Chris Christie please

There's plenty to go around.

E: Wafer Thin/gently caress Off 2016: Telling It Like It Is.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

point of return posted:

An average of a number of polls will almost always be a better predictor of the result than looking at any one of that sample individually.

You mentioned 538; Silver's book discusses at length how it's generally better to average the forecasts of multiple sources than to pick one out. I'm no shill for Silver's special brand of pop statistics, but on this point he's right.

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

spacemang_spliff posted:

loving lol if Trump wins the nomination

Who is center stage WHO! say it slower, you know you like it, Rubio is fun, but you know Trump takes you where you want to go.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dahn posted:

Who is center stage WHO! say it slower, you know you like it, Rubio is fun, but you know Trump takes you where you want to go.

Regardless of whether or not you want to go there, obviously, while yanking your hair out.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
From the PYF Funny Pictures thread.

Midnight Voyager posted:

Trumpy! You can do stupid things!

I'm not sure I can be forgiven for making this.

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Aug 4, 2015

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

World Famous Whore posted:

Trumpy! You can do stupid things!

This potato's got big yooj ears.

Feather
Mar 1, 2003
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
I'd vote Trump in the general just to see the yoojest, classiest Inauguration ever. And can you imagine the SOTU addresses?

:circlefap:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Lol if you think the type of people who watch the apprentice register to vote.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Ignite Memories posted:

Lol if you think the type of people who watch the apprentice register to vote.

It's the people watching Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune immediately preceding Apprentice that register to vote.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Feather posted:

I'd vote Trump in the general just to see the yoojest, classiest Inauguration ever. And can you imagine the SOTU addresses?

:circlefap:

Some people will call his renovations at the White House over-the-top, but press pictures of President Trump receiving state visitors at the Presidential Craps Table will actually go over well in some parts of the world.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

Chris Christie: Make America Grate (parmesan into my spaghetti) Again.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Someone in the thread posted a print ready image of the GOP debate bingo card - I'm doing some prep for an Australian GOP debate party thing, anyone got that card or a similar one?

Edit: vvvvv - I want the card so I can use it 'as is.' We are watching the debate.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Aug 4, 2015

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

HEY COME BACK YOU

YES YOU, GET BACK HERE, DID YOU HEAR ME SAY "WHEN?"

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Someone in the thread posted a print ready image of the GOP debate bingo card - I'm doing some prep for an Australian GOP debate party thing, anyone got that card or a similar one?

Isn't it pretty much the same these days except everything is Florida?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Eagerly anticipating forums poster Chris Christie's eventual toxx for Trump.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

JT Jag posted:

Eagerly anticipating forums poster Chris Christie's eventual toxx for Trump.
Toxx, hell, let's see him sell a gun and give the proceeds to charity.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Morrow posted:

This is how America dies: on a reality tv show come to life.

Of all the visions of post apocalyptic America to come true, I honestly wouldn't have picked Shock Treatment.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Edit: vvvvv - I want the card so I can use it 'as is.' We are watching the debate.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

I have to say, Trump's the GOP candidate I'd vote for. Sure, the entire Democratic Party machine would have to be wiped off the face of the earth by an asteroid for me to do so, but if I had to chose a Republican I'd chose him.

As a 90's kid I despise the Bush family and I'm really not looking forward to Iraq War III, Walker's literally a puppet with a Koch hand up his rear end, and a vote for anyone else would be throwing my vote away. Don't get me wrong I'd be getting blackout drunk after I did that, but I see Trump as the Chaotic Neutral option in a field of evil.

Since I doubt that both Clinton and Sanders will suddenly cease to exist, I can sit back and watch the madness from the sidelines. :suspense:

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Chris Christie posted:

Not to mention the new voters Trump will pull into the General Election. You think the polls were bad underestimating Obama's margins of victory? HA, what 'till you see how WRONG the likely voter models are for a general election featuring Donald Trump. Obama got plenty of pop-star votes from idiots who never voted before and won't again, but Trump is an ACTUAL pop-culture star. This time the GOP will get in on those sweet, sweet moron votes. Hell, Democrats ALWAYS win the stupid vote and the loser vote - Obama, Kerry, Gore, Clinton - they ALL won the poverty-level income and below vote and the high-school drop-out vote by HUGE margins. The Donald is going to TRUMP their performances and turn the stupid loser vote in favor of the GOP nominee.

Millions of mouth-breathing, American Idol/The View/Price is Right-watching retards who have the good sense to sit at home on election day every year will find themselves compelled by an irresistible urge to put on their cleanest pair of sweat-pants and head on down to their local church/grade school/post-office/wherever their polling place is and vote for that entertaining guy with the hair from The Apprentice.

You are literally the most disgusting person I have ever had the misfortune of being even tangentially exposed to. You are what is wrong with this country. You are the reason we are falling behind in science, education and technology. People like you, with your lovely opinions and judgmental attitudes, voting against the common welfare of the American people. Sociology is clear on the subject; stigmatization of individuals with low socioeconomic status are the largest factor limiting the opportunities of individuals trying to escape poverty.

Yes, you read that correctly, your attitudes on poverty are why there are so many poor people in this country. I hope you have live on minimum wage some day. That way you'd have some grip on reality.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Fox Ironic posted:

You are literally the most disgusting person I have ever had the misfortune of being even tangentially exposed to. You are what is wrong with this country. You are the reason we are falling behind in science, education and technology. People like you, with your lovely opinions and judgmental attitudes, voting against the common welfare of the American people. Sociology is clear on the subject; stigmatization of individuals with low socioeconomic status are the largest factor limiting the opportunities of individuals trying to escape poverty.

Yes, you read that correctly, your attitudes on poverty are why there are so many poor people in this country. I hope you have live on minimum wage some day. That way you'd have some grip on reality.

Nice copypasta

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Thanks a bunch

Alkydere posted:

I have to say, Trump's the GOP candidate I'd vote for. Sure, the entire Democratic Party machine would have to be wiped off the face of the earth by an asteroid for me to do so, but if I had to chose a Republican I'd chose him.

As a 90's kid I despise the Bush family and I'm really not looking forward to Iraq War III, Walker's literally a puppet with a Koch hand up his rear end, and a vote for anyone else would be throwing my vote away. Don't get me wrong I'd be getting blackout drunk after I did that, but I see Trump as the Chaotic Neutral option in a field of evil.

Since I doubt that both Clinton and Sanders will suddenly cease to exist, I can sit back and watch the madness from the sidelines. :suspense:

Yeah, this is totally true (also I'd have to be an American citizen). Trump is insane, but he's not as bad as the other guys (except maybe Kaisach). Which merely serves to illustrate how actively malicious guys like Walker and Jindal are.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Shame about the of/if typo (and a few others).

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Thanks a bunch

Yeah, this is totally true (also I'd have to be an American citizen). Trump is insane, but he's not as bad as the other guys (except maybe Kaisach). Which merely serves to illustrate how actively malicious guys like Walker and Jindal are.

Kasich supports the Balanced Budget Amendment which means one of three things: 1) he knows it'll never pass, so he's being dishonest, 2) he doesn't actually support it, so he's being dishonest, 3) he thinks it's a legitimately good idea which makes him insane and happy to light on fire most of the (non-military, I assume) public sector spending in the US, so education and welfare.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the lord

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fox Ironic posted:

I can't tell who's serious here, I guess I have to vote for Trump to find out.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Chris Christie posted:

Not to mention the new voters Trump will pull into the General Election. You think the polls were bad underestimating Obama's margins of victory? HA, what 'till you see how WRONG the likely voter models are for a general election featuring Donald Trump. Obama got plenty of pop-star votes from idiots who never voted before and won't again, but Trump is an ACTUAL pop-culture star. This time the GOP will get in on those sweet, sweet moron votes. Hell, Democrats ALWAYS win the stupid vote and the loser vote - Obama, Kerry, Gore, Clinton - they ALL won the poverty-level income and below vote and the high-school drop-out vote by HUGE margins. The Donald is going to TRUMP their performances and turn the stupid loser vote in favor of the GOP nominee.

Millions of mouth-breathing, American Idol/The View/Price is Right-watching retards who have the good sense to sit at home on election day every year will find themselves compelled by an irresisitable urge to put on their cleanest pair of sweat-pants and head on down to their local church/grade school/post-office/wherever their polling place is and vote for that entertaining guy with the hair from The Apprentice.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Interesting Trump round-up

quote:

The New York Times has been acquainting readers with the long and operatic career of Donald J. Trump, including an article Saturday about previous racial controversies Trump has been involved in.

But there are so many of these controversies that it's hard to get them all in one piece. Trump has been accused of racism for literally as long as he's been in public life — in his capacities as a real estate developer, a TV star, and now as a politician. At various times, he's insulted African Americans, the Japanese, Native Americans, and, now, Latinos.

Through it all, Donald Trump has maintained that he is "the least racist person you will ever meet."

http://www.vox.com/2015/8/3/9089495/donald-trump-racist

• Locked thread