Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

BigDave posted:

So, we may have killed a few hundred civilians in Syria: http://bigstory.ap.org/article/bcefd6c60da84ade945619c6330ff156/iraqi-kurdish-leader-vows-take-sinjar-islamic-state

edit: Also, how does one get a gang-tag?

459 civvies but 15000 isis assholes killed in a year long bombing campaign is actually a pretty good tradeoff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

gonna go ahead and say that only about 30 of those civvies were actually innocent of neck chopping and raping and actually being ISIS

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
even if its 459 super innocent people dusted, just think of how many people you saved by cratering 15k isis muj savages

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Does it still count as stolen valor if you're pretending to be a reservist and a JAG in the Air Force?
Good for Graham that very few people know what a joke the officer evals are. The officer corps, where 75% of officers are in the top 1% of officers.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Being a civvie in ISIS-held territory is basically a death sentence anyway.

Can't we just say 'They got time off for good behavior' and call it a day?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

it's hosed up that these people got killed for standing next to and hanging out with serial murderers, torturers and rapists

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

PINING 4 PORKINS posted:

it's hosed up that these people got killed for standing next to and hanging out with serial murderers, torturers and rapists

#BlackLivesMatter

Oh wait, talking about ISIS.

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

Coffeehitler posted:

#BlackLivesMatter

Oh wait, talking about ISIS.

#MuzzieLivesMatter

AHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! I made myself laugh.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think the ME will eventually grow out of cultural/religious conflict. I mean Europe managed to grow out of it for the most part.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Larry Parrish posted:

I think the ME will eventually grow out of cultural/religious conflict. I mean Europe managed to grow out of it for the most part.

the big difference is how much money is in the ME

also 60 years is a pretty short time to judge that they've grown out of it

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

the big difference is how much money is in the ME

also 60 years is a pretty short time to judge that they've grown out of it

Longest in history, except for when the Romans owned the western bits.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
#slavlivesdontmatter

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

VikingSkull posted:

#slavlivesdontmatter

They really don't

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

Problem is if the west keeps sticking their dick in the bear trap it's not going to do any good. WW1 and WW2 did a lot to stem the bloodthirst of Europe because it was entirely self inflicted whereas the Middle East can level the blame at the West pretty easily. And we're not going to stop sticking our dick in the bear trap because the spice must flow.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Bolow posted:

Problem is if the west keeps sticking their dick in the bear trap it's not going to do any good. WW1 and WW2 did a lot to stem the bloodthirst of Europe because it was entirely self inflicted whereas the Middle East can level the blame at the West pretty easily. And we're not going to stop sticking our dick in the bear trap because the spice must flow.
The problem is because of globalization anything that happens over here can be used to justify something they do over there if you're willing to do the mental gymnastics. Even without military intervention. Nobody held a gun to Akbar's head and ordered him to saw off his daughters clit, but that's how some people will see it no matter what.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Brave patriots fight back against Obama:

quote:

2 Men Open Fire On Soldiers At Jade Helm Training Site In Mississippi

HATTIESBURG, Miss. (AP) — A sheriff in Mississippi says authorities are searching for two men who fired gunshots from a vehicle at soldiers at a military facility. No injuries were reported.

Perry County Sheriff Jimmy Dale Smith tells WDAM-TV (http://bit.ly/1UlrHi6) that the shots were fired just after noon Tuesday. The soldiers were training at Camp Shelby Joint Forces Training Center in Hattiesburg.

U.S. Special Forces Command designated Camp Shelby as one of the sites where a multi-state military training exercise, "Jade Helm 15", was expected to take place, according to The Army Times.

About 4,600 soldiers are participating in the training exercise, which is scheduled to continue through mid-August.

Smith says officers are searching for a two-door, red Ford Ranger with "broken arrow" written across the top. Authorities say they are looking for two white males who allegedly fired from the vehicle and fled in the vehicle.

Members of the Forrest County Sheriff's Department and the Mississippi Forestry Commission are assisting in the search.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/two-men-open-fire-mississippi-military-facility

:allears:

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

You can't post that link without the picture:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Lol that's in my home town.

Everyone is all ARE TROOPS until they clog all the lines at wal mart or get in fights at the local country-western bar.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

EOD got some sort of new command RV thing from NGB. I really want to paint it with UPS colors and logo, then drive it around down south.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Lol that's in my home town.

Everyone is all ARE TROOPS until they clog all the lines at wal mart or get in fights at the local country-western bar.

offbase.txt

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

bitcoin bastard posted:

get some, Rick Moranis

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

bitcoin bastard posted:

THEY'RE COMIN' OUT OF THE WALLS!

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Apparently Obama took their marksmanship skills, but forgot to take their guns.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

psydude posted:

Apparently Obama took their marksmanship skills, but forgot to take their guns.

its so they can shoot themselves

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
That looks almost like the momma dog guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhsblayR_fQ

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VikingSkull posted:

get some, Rick Moranis

IIRC isn't actual Rick Moranis look a like dude a former Delta bomb guy?

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Saying "Rick Moranis" in GiP should be a bannable offense.

Let the circle jerk begin.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
All these Jade Helm whackadoos are going to completely ignore that nothing loving happened and furiously masturbate onto their guns about how they saved the nation from Obama aren't they?

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

gfanikf posted:

IIRC isn't actual Rick Moranis look a like dude a former Delta bomb guy?

Yes, SGM Mike Vining

(Rick Moranis)

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

this is gonna be great

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
thats a big clown car

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Victor Vermis posted:

Saying "Rick Moranis" in GiP should be a bannable offense.

Let the circle jerk begin.

Rick Moranis is a good person, hence why he should not be mentioned in noted horrible sub-forums for horrible sad brains warcrimes people GiP.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I hope they get little buzzers to answer with. Politics is basically all theater now so let's take it to the max and at least make things interesting

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

shyduck posted:

this is gonna be great

It's funny because maybe 2 possibly 3 of those people are actually electable.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Equine Don posted:

I hope they get little buzzers to answer with. Politics is basically all theater now so let's take it to the max and at least make things interesting

screw that, give everyone a pool cue and a trash can lid

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

It's funny because maybe 2 possibly 3 of those people are actually electable.

Walker and Carson?

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Hillary went off script on Twitter so you know it's real.

It's actually boring.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I hope they get some really tough questions that have stumped previous candidates. Like, "What do you read?"

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Well this is a thing now:
:bernget:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Well this is a thing now: