Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Yeah that really should be painted on the side of a rhino

Why not both!?!??!?

Speaking of, I need to put dumb tags on my vehicles because I'm a redneck on the inside. I was thinking naming my vehicles these names:

Dragon Wagon
Shaggin the Dragon
Puff the Magic Dragon
Beast o' da East
Supreme Thunder
Trogdor
Enter the Dragon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

PierreTheMime posted:

The Scout sprue is one of the oldest "current" kits and it could really do with a revamp at some point. It's about ten years old now and compared to more modern kits is really lacking. Plus they pack so much onto a sprue now the Scout ones just look sparse and underwhelming since they don't come 50 extra bitz.

As someone currently trying to paint up his first scout, I can confirm. Mushy face sculpt with weird missing features. I'm trying to fix that by giving him a beard. On a related note, anyone know how to give a slightly gritty texture to parts of a model? Right now he's looking less "has a beard" and more "Charlie Chaplin with soot on his face."

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Drybrush using a makeup applicator

mashed_penguin posted:

If you actually come and visit I will get my plastic mans out of storage for the first time in 10 years :toxx:

Once I'm done with this trip to Europe it's gonna definitely happen

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

BULBASAUR posted:

Drybrush using a makeup applicator

Perfect. Gonna try this when I get home from work.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
The plastic scouts aren't great. That being said, the heads from scout bikers are actually pretty good, and I want to use some of my spare Scions beret heads to make some Spetsnaz scouts to ally with my Valhallans as some kind of elite commando unit. The old metal scouts are leagues better than the plastics, even if the poses are limited.

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

Mango Polo posted:

Seems like the Tau macross suit will be going up for sale soon.

Well gently caress, that looks like a parody photoshop.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

The Omnissiah Knows All.

The Omnissiah Comprehends All.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Mango Polo posted:

Seems like the Tau macross suit will be going up for sale soon.

That thing is going to look amazing looted.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Cythereal posted:

That thing is going to look amazing looted.

unlike your wallet

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

SRM posted:

The plastic scouts aren't great. That being said, the heads from scout bikers are actually pretty good, and I want to use some of my spare Scions beret heads to make some Spetsnaz scouts to ally with my Valhallans as some kind of elite commando unit. The old metal scouts are leagues better than the plastics, even if the poses are limited.

I am sorely tempted to build these as well:

Only need to buy more helmeted Scion heads because the beret ones are for the scions made from leftover parts so they actually get used. I just need to get my hands on five sets of torsos and legs.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Phyresis posted:

unlike your wallet

You mistake me for someone who's ever paid GW a cent beyond any royalties from the Dawn of War games and a few of the novels. :v: Even picked up the Dark Heresy, Only War, Deathwatch, and Rogue Trader books second hand.

I'd consider trying the actual tabletop game if it weren't so ludicrously expensive. As it is, GW's doing an excellent job of keeping me from trying the hobby for the foreseeable future.

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Aug 3, 2015

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
Scoutchat! Posted these a while ago but here they are again:

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Sulecrist posted:

I love these so much

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Scouts fo' dayz

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Double posting because fukkit:
I had a big game recently with my Iron Warriors against Ignite Memories' Orks and his buddy's Tau. I brought 2500 points of Iron Warriors and they each took 1250 lists and ran them together.

The armies were something like this:
IRON WARRIORS
- Dark Apostle, MoK, Black Mace (Caedes)
- Warsmith, MoN, aura
- Khorne Berserkers x9, plasma pistol x2, power fist, chainaxes
- Plague Marines x9, plasma gun x2, plasma pistol, power axe
- Chaos Space Marines x10, icon of vengeance, lightning claws, plasma gun x2, rhino with dozer blade
- Chaos Space Marines x10, icon of vengeance, power fist, melta gun x2, rhino with dozer blade
- Cultists x20, autoguns, heavy stubber x2
- Cultists x20, flamer x2
- Vindicator, siege shield
- Obliterators x3, MoN
- Land Raider, extra armor, dozer blade, twin linked bolter

ORKS
- Warboss with mega armor, lucky stix (Gob Noblin)
- Weirdboy (Blog Magog)
- Mega Armored Nobz x4, all kindsa gubbins, battlewagon
- Flash gitz x10, battlewagon
- Stormboyz x12, nob with klaw
- Buggies x2, rokkits
- Grots x12
- 'Ardboyz x12, nob with klaw trukk

TAU
- Commander with fiddly bits
- Riptide with large weapons that make me physically uncomfortable
- Broadsides with rail rifles (modeled with missiles but you get the point)
- Crisis suits x3 with marker drone x2
- Crisis suits x3 with marker drone x2
- Fire Warriors x6 with devilfish
- Fire Warriors x6 with devilfish

We rolled up a really silly Maelstrom mission called The Spoils of War. You have three cards every turn, but any cards that instruct you to capture objectives can be scored by both sides. This means that if I draw a "secure objective 3" card, if my opponent gets it on his turn, he's got that point and my card gets discarded. It's interesting but kinda silly. We figured out who would be warlord (Warboss Gob Noblin for the Ork/Tau team, and the Dark Apostle for the Iron Warriors.

Anyway, we did Hammer and Anvil deployment, and that looked something like this (not pictured: giant aztec temple with a bunch of cultists on it just off to the left)

The Orks failed to seize, so it was on to turn 1 for Chaos!

TURN 1
I have my first of two pretty lousy shooting phases, as the combined fire of my Vindicators and lascannons is able to wreck one AV10 buggy and ding the trukk for a hullpoint. Things moved up, and while I scored a point for first blood and another for killing a unit (as per my maelstrom cards) it wasn't terribly impressive:

Blog Magog tries to cast killbolt and immediately suffers a Perils of the Warp result. However, he goes super saiyan and survives, causing one hullpoint to one of my Vindicators. Other shooting kills my left flank vindicator because I'm dumb and left the left flank facing the Broadsides. Welp. The Orks and Tau do get a point for holding objective 6, but they draw a card for objective 4, which a mob of my cultists are happily lounging around on.

CHAOS: 2 ORKS: 1

TURN 2
I roll for my Oblits to come in and they stay out of it. I position my squads and vehicles so I can try and take out both Battlewagons, disembarking plasma squads to hit their side armor. My dice continue to be lousy and it takes the entirety of my shooting to down one battlewagon, which I only get when a Demolisher shell strays dramatically off target and hits it in the side. I pick up a point for the objective 4 card my opponents drew on their turn.

The Orks maneuver around:

The Weirdboy casts Killbolt on my Land Raider, but fails to manifest it. The buggy zips around and puts a rocket up my Rhino's tailpipe, wrecking it. The Marines who got out to kill the far right flank Battlewagon are summarily vaporized by the wagon's Flash Gitz, leaving the champion, banner, and one schmuck standing. The Nobz charge the Plague Marines, and while I'm able to overwatch one down, my dice are pretty cold. The Warsmith wounds a Nob in a challenge while the squad gets cut down to the champion and two other guys:

SO MUCH STEEL AND YELLOW
Also the 'Ardboyz kill my second Vindicator, proving my rule that you take three Vindicators so two can die and a third can do something useful. The Orks pick up another point, but also draw another objective 4 card, which my cultists are still on!

CHAOS: 3 ORKS: 2

TURN 3
I drop Oblits behind the Broadsides, but they mishap, going into ongoing reserves. Seeing my flank in danger of collapsing, I commit my Khorne Berserkers to the assault with the MANz and their boss, Gob Noblin. They charge over the Chaos temple, with chants of "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD" ringing across the battlefield:

I back this up with some shooting from my Land Raider, which wounds the Riptide, and my other Vindicator shoots at the 'Ardboyz, killing 3. The remnant squad that got chewed up by the Flash Gitz charges them, whiffs, and dies miserably. But let's get on to the main attraction:

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!
The Berserkers unleash a hellish 32 attacks at strength 5, rerolling misses due to the Dark Apostle's Zealot rule. They put enough wounds on the unit to chew up the Nobz and carry a few wounds onto the Boss, whose Lucky Stix save him for a round. The Warsmith finishes off the Nob he was dueling with, but even on this sacrificial altar, the Dark Gods find it to be an unworthy offering. Gob Noblin runs from the fight, his bodyguard killed to a man, but not before taking a few Berserkers with him. I get points for the aforementioned objective 4, destroying a unit in close combat, and killing a character this round.
"The Dark Gods call you, greenskin!"

End of the round looked like this:

The Orks and Tau decide enough is enough with the cultists on objective 4 and start diverting some attention towards them. Tau fire puts some hullpoints on the Land Raider and kills a bunch of cultists. The Riptide advances, looking imposing as it overheats its generator and wounds itself.

The Orks, however, are much more enthusiastic, and call their WAAAAGH! Gob Noblin rallies, but can't do much on the turn he regroups except prepare to be charged by the Plague Marines, but assault sees the 'Ardboyz charging the Khorne Berserkers, eager to skill their blood on the altar:

The berserker chainaxes pay for themselves as they carve through the Ork armor before the greenskins can get a hit in. The Dark Apostle challenges out the Nob, but again, he is an unworthy offering to Khorne. (A shameful nob.)
In Orkier news, this grumpy sumbitch right here:

He and his Stormboyz gun their jetpacks and make an insane charge on the cultists on objective 4:

While a few Stormboyz are killed by overwatch and dangerous terrain, they clean the cultists out of the ruin. This scores them an objective 4 card, the third they've drawn this game!
CHAOS: 6 ORKS: 3

TURN 4
The Oblits mishap and I roll a 1, making them my first unit to be lost in the warp since 6th edition. The cultists shoot up the stormboyz, My remaining Marine squad tries to kill the Devilfish only for it to jink out of the way, and the Riptide proves remarkably resilient to fire from my Land Raider. The remaining Techno-Plague Marines charge into Gob Noblin, and Warsmith Thrax issues a challenge. The two die simultaneously, but it is deemed, again, an unworthy offering.

I pick up a point for Slay the Warlord, objective 5 (the temple) and two points from the Kingslayer card, which gave D3 additional points for killing the warlord.

The Stormboyz crash against the Cultists, being shot up and killed in assault.

The Tau commit their Fire Warriors, gunning down a number of Chaos Marines in the woods:

The other Fire Warriors plink away and kill one Plague Marine. The Flash Gitz gun down my Berserkers, leaving only the Dark Apostle wounded, but alive. The Orks and Tau pick up a point, I think from an objective card.
CHAOS: 10 ORKS: 4

TURN 5
The Dark Apostle retreats back to the Land Raider; there's been enough blood shed for his taste today! My Vindicator guns over to objective 4, since THAT card came up again, and my Marines and Techno-Plague Marines charge the Riptide:

I pick up points for objective 4, having three units in my deployment zone, and probably for killing something, somewhere:
Pre-assault end of turn picture:

The Weirdboy is remembered, and he tries Killbolt on my Land Raider again. The spell is denied. Shooting sees a lot of shots plinking off the remaining Vindicator and the Land Raider, and assault sees the Riptide going down from power axe and power fist strikes. However, the Orks and Tau drew three objective cards, and secured all three, netting them three points. End of the turn looked like this:

CHAOS: 13 ORKS: 7

We rolled to go on, and we went for another turn or two. The only hope for the Orks and Tau to recover was to table me, but that wasn't going to happen with my Land Raider still rolling around the table. At the end of 6 we called it, right before all the teenagers coming in to play Yu-Gi-Oh! started their thing.

CHAOS VICTORY

It was fun playing against Ignite Memories' Orks, and while his friend's Tau looked good, they didn't really commit to the battle. He's new to the game and I think if he was able to put more pressure on and use his Fire Warriors and suits more effectively, it could have been a very different game. That being said, having the objective 4 card come up so many drat times was equal parts hilarious and frustrating, since it was gonna be hard to shake off a backfield objective holder for the Orks and Tau, who were geared more for anti-armor than anti-infantry. It was a fun game though, with some pretty great showdowns and countless skulls being given to Khorne!

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

That was a fun game! I'm not a huge fan of that card mechanic where anyone can capture them, but it did make the game interesting.

I think we might have actually stopped at the end of turn five, as I don't remember any of the remaining units moving from where they were at the end of that photo. SRM ran away with the objectives, but I think if the game had gone to 7 we would have had a chance to table him. My warphead was still alive, and another couple killbolts could have theoretically taken down that land raider. Infantry-wise, he mostly had cultists left over, and if the flash gitz had been able to force some unlucky morale checks it might have done the trick. But the threat of yu-gi-oh was becoming very real.

My warboss's name is actually Gob Mawblin. It was originally spelled Gob Moblin, based on these guys, then when I upgraded to the mega armor warboss I changed the spelling so that it would include the acronym MAWB. I can't tell if that was an honest mistake or some brilliant subtle trash-talking. Well done either way!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I thought it was spelled that way based on those funky pigmen from Zelda, didn't know he'd changed it when he put on his big boy pants. I think we started turn 6 and said "gently caress it" - I at least remember drawing a few cards and trying to think of how to score them before we bailed. I think your buddy knows his rules pretty well but still needs to take more risks and commit more; his Tau were barely a presence for the first few turns. If the cultists really started taking a beating I would have hid them in the Land Raider or behind the ziggurat, but I didn't have that much left on the table at the end there.

And I didn't even know people still played Yu-Gu-Oh, but welp, there were like 30 teenagers there about to start.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

True that. I got forcibly disembarked from most of my vehicles early on, per usual, but he was hanging out in the 'fish all day. I'm still a little confused about how you're supposed to use devilfish, myself. A curious skimmer.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I always figure you zoom up, dump the dudes out, rapid fire something senseless, then jump back in and do it again, but I think I've played maybe two games as Tau ever.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
I still don't fully grasp why spamming transports is good but at about 35 to 80 points per model they're a trash mob that moves guys around. Even the cheap ones tend to be large enough to troll your opponent: move your box to block their fire lanes, jam a half dozen if your trashy dump trucks into an area of the board so that your opponent must spend extra turns moving around the wall of Rhinos (unless he wants to spend time destroying them).

I'm lost on the new rules but it seems like the old rules about the passengers possibly taking damage if it blows up while inside seem to be gone. Take your pinning check and casually brush off the flaming wreckage and bits of viscera from the pilots, I guess. That's what I observe from the batrep videos I watch, I'm pretty sure the rule where Ordnance might make the passengers go "squish!" is also gone. Bolter fire still does a great deal of the killing, more than ever, and when dudes are all in your god damned jerkwad junk cars they can't be bolter'd. Same concept with Dark Eldar taking lots of Raiders or Venoms: your frail murder pirates can't be slaughtered by lasgun fire until two or three hull points are dealt (which lasguns can't do to the vehicle).

The concept was simple to understand in 3rd: move your Rhino 12", disgorge your Khorne Berzerkers an additional <2", charge 6", win the game and pack up your models. Yeah, there was a time when Berzerkers were the :jerkbag: beat stick of the game. It was also when no one took powerfists because Some rear end in a top hat would splat that character before he could strike, there were few ways to shield him from being singled-out. Or: everyone around him would get removed from his kill zone via casualty shenanigans and he'd be unable to attack. There were no pile-in moves at all AND if you weren't in base-to-base you didn't get to attack-- other than making a "throw a stone" attack at base strength with no bonuses. Beyond a 2" or 3" inch distance from a friendly model in B2B your dudes were playing cards or taking a nap.

It's easy to dump on GW, they're poo poo, but 3rd had a bunch of broken rule mechanics that have since been cleared up. 4th was probably the most balanced but it was predictable and boring.

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Aug 4, 2015

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Ran into a ham in the wild.

The Sisko is beardy but I still trust him.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Post 9-11 User posted:

It was also when no one took powerfists because Some rear end in a top hat would splat that character before he could strike,

Unfortunately, due to the existence of challenges this is basically the situation again.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Post 9-11 User posted:

I still don't fully grasp why spamming transports is good but at about 35 to 80 points per model they're a trash mob that moves guys around. Even the cheap ones tend to be large enough to troll your opponent: move your box to block their fire lanes, jam a half dozen if your trashy dump trucks into an area of the board so that your opponent must spend extra turns moving around the wall of Rhinos (unless he wants to spend time destroying them).

I'm lost on the new rules but it seems like the old rules about the passengers possibly taking damage if it blows up while inside seem to be gone. Take your pinning check and casually brush off the flaming wreckage and bits of viscera from the pilots, I guess. That's what I observe from the batrep videos I watch, I'm pretty sure the rule where Ordnance might make the passengers go "squish!" is also gone. Bolter fire still does a great deal of the killing, more than ever, and when dudes are all in your god damned jerkwad junk cars they can't be bolter'd. Same concept with Dark Eldar taking lots of Raiders or Venoms: your frail murder pirates can't be slaughtered by lasgun fire until two or three hull points are dealt (which lasguns can't do to the vehicle).

The concept was simple to understand in 3rd: move your Rhino 12", disgorge your Khorne Berzerkers an additional <2", charge 6", win the game and pack up your models. Yeah, there was a time when Berzerkers were the :jerkbag: beat stick of the game. It was also when no one took powerfists because Some rear end in a top hat would splat that character before he could strike, there were few ways to shield him from being singled-out. Or: everyone around him would get removed from his kill zone via casualty shenanigans and he'd be unable to attack. There were no pile-in moves at all AND if you weren't in base-to-base you didn't get to attack-- other than making a "throw a stone" attack at base strength with no bonuses. Beyond a 2" or 3" inch distance from a friendly model in B2B your dudes were playing cards or taking a nap.

It's easy to dump on GW, they're poo poo, but 3rd had a bunch of broken rule mechanics that have since been cleared up. 4th was probably the most balanced but it was predictable and boring.

Transports get your units around the table, where you need them. They also protect them from small arms fire and assaults. Those are both pretty huge. When vehicles explode they take S4 AP- hits, but when they're wrecked it's just a pinning test. It's in the damage table. Don't forget those editions of the game also had the ability to pile in from one unit into another, meaning you could just chain assault all day long. It made melee units pretty terrifying.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Ignite Memories posted:

Unfortunately, due to the existence of challenges this is basically the situation again.

Power Fists specifically seem kind of rad in 30k though, since they're only 15 points, AP2/3 is kind of hard to come by, and Sergeants can take Artificer Armor. My tactical/breacher squad sergeant gets one, at the very least.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Yeah, challenges are pretty loving annoying. They clarified that wounds from slaying a duelist spill over, which is nice, and clarified that the other dudes get to attack as normal. Maybe I misunderstood, but it seemed like in 6th edition the other models stood around doing nothing but cheering on the challengers, giving mob size bonuses Quest For Glory style, seems like that is all gone and all for the better. "My platoon sergeant challenges your Ork Warlord, coward!" "Oh, gently caress you, really? God dammit." *Ork Warlord causes five wounds, only one counts.

Agreed, being able to use a Consolidate move to reach the next combat was just heinous. If I were better at the game back then I would have used vehicles to completely prevent my opponent from escaping this chain-reaction of endless ... assaults. I just realized how much that cascade effect is like That Other Game that was released this year, jesus christ. It seems to me like Run was introduced partially to mitigate that mechanic even though it was removed from the game, it makes more sense to be able to make a panic move of 7 to 12 inches if that is what may allow units to escape a rolling assault mob. Assault and transports in 3rd edition was a bit like what shooting and transports is in 7th edition. The vital difference seems to be that in 3rd edition the entire game was: if my army is shooty while yours is choppy my goal is to disable your Rhinos and leisurely butcher your walking units from there (remember, no Run moves unless you have Fleet, 6 grueling inches a turn). If my army is choppy, my goal is to use my METAL BAWKSES to get close to you, then destroy your METAL BAWKSES so that I can punch to death the occupants.

If I'm not mistaken, 4th or 5th did not allow you to assault the contents of a transport you destroyed. Not having shooting wounds spill-over to the occupants is fine, for the rules to bar that squad from stabbing the people pouring-out, screaming, from the vehicle they just blew up is just rancid stupidity.

It's never going to be the game we want, it's designed by people that are too disorganized or pestered by corporate to fix what is broken and maintain what is good. Seriously, avoid tournament weirdos and just get creative with making rad space monsters to push around the board while having beers. You know who I'm talking about, they're doing it right. Strategy is in play, it's not That Stupid loving Game where the choices a player makes are almost irrelevant, it's about chainsaws and Jurassic Park Bros making things blow up and laughing at the unlikely results. While boozing it up.

I forgot to add the classic image. I don't know if this affected the game mechanics or just made the player feel out-numbered, but when raiding the Goblin brigands there were a couple assholes in the background egging-on the jerk you were fighting. That is how challenges were in 6th edition 40k.

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Aug 4, 2015

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

Sulecrist posted:

These dudes are fantastic. I'd watch a movie of them invading a jungle and killing some tyranids.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Ignite Memories posted:

True that. I got forcibly disembarked from most of my vehicles early on, per usual, but he was hanging out in the 'fish all day. I'm still a little confused about how you're supposed to use devilfish, myself. A curious skimmer.

I probably use it wrong, but most of the time I use it to dump Fire Warriors in some cover near an objective, then also hide it behind said cover and happily spam no LOS smart missiles until it dies or the Fire Warriors need to bug out.

Smart Missiles are the best.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
SRM I'm glad you paint the undersides of your vindicators so well. Your experience is like my own- they spend more time upside down than right side up.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008
These Tau look great. Would love to see more photos of them!

These will never stop making me happy. Let's get that game in where they ally with my Catachan to hunt Tyranids in the jungle (I'm free this weekend, for once, and might be having other ham friends over... interested?).

BuffaloChicken fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Aug 4, 2015

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

BuffaloChicken posted:

These will never stop making me happy. Let's get that game in where they ally with my Catachan to hunt Tyranids in the jungle (I'm free this weekend, for once, and might be having other ham friends over... interested?).

Very interested but I'm working. :( A lot. Forever. Mid-to-late September, maybe?

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

BuffaloChicken posted:

Yeah, that paint job is very striking and really works well, especially with the red desert theme. It's so rare to see well-painted Tau with good color choices.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

BULBASAUR posted:

SRM I'm glad you paint the undersides of your vindicators so well. Your experience is like my own- they spend more time upside down than right side up.
I think one of my Rhinos has bare plastic on the bottom of its tracks :v: I usually bring my tea light wreck markers because they look so bad when they're flipped over. Leadbelcher's expensive, yo

BuffaloChicken posted:

I really liked their scheme; I'm pretty sure all three armies used grey and yellow as primary colors. His Tau also had some Gundam bits here and there which were neat. Ignite Memories, has your buddy taken any more pictures of his dudes?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Yeah, lemme see what I can dredge up.

edit:

I'm thinking about just buying him an account, but I'm not sure I wanna be the guy who ruined his life forever.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Aug 4, 2015

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I'm kinda surprised he used green stuff for the rocks on those bases. They look good, but that'll get pricy, especially compared to just getting some slate or something. Anyway, I'm down to face off with you guys again, that was fun!

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
:siren: Incoming image dump :siren:

This weekend I got to witness the first battle on the brand new gaming board me and my group have spent many hours working on. Two of my hobby buddies' armies were going at it with 1850 points of Imperial Guard tanks and other vehicles versus the World Eaters!

Turn 2 Mayhem:

Turn 3 sees a rapid decline in the number of operational loyalist armored vehicles:

At turn 4 the Chaos victory is almost certain, a squad of traitor marines can be seen advancing to secure vital battlefield objectives:

Can the current Imperial Governor hope to save his people from this darkness?

Both players had a good time, the CSM victory had a lot to do with the favourable terrain and the IG player being relatively inexperienced with the new edition, but a couple of very successful saving throws made by the Chaos player in the first and second turns probably sealed the deal. As for me, I'm absolutely thrilled that the board is finally done and looks so nice! With any luck I should be playing on it myself with my Nids in the upcoming weekend, which I'm looking forward to.

Soulfucker fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Aug 4, 2015

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy
After five and a half years, the final episode of The Independent Characters has been posted. The episode is over 5 hours and probably a bit self indulgent - but it's my show drat it!

http://theindependentcharacters.com/blog/?p=3666

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Ghost Hand posted:

After five and a half years, the final episode of The Independent Characters has been posted. The episode is over 5 hours and probably a bit self indulgent - but it's my show drat it!

http://theindependentcharacters.com/blog/?p=3666

The Goodbye, Farewell and Amen of podcasts?

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
File this under Unlikely poo poo That Happened Because Hams:

North Dakota local news station covers the story of two new parents that have a newborn with a boat load of medical issues that require numerous, costly surgeries to correct. A gofundme site is started to help pay the costs, a Reaver Titan is put up for a charity raffle.

News story (with clip of the news segment)
http://www.kxnet.com/story/29079285/funding-campaign-underway-for-infant?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=11502230

The gofundme link (which the news agency didn't bother linking to)
http://www.gofundme.com/rnjwyw

The titan prize of the raffle:

Don't scream at me if it turns out to be bogus, don't spend money before triple checking the veracity of this. Regardless, a Ham Thing happened and I really doubt that a con artist would use something as obscure (and bizarrely over priced, what normal person would believe the model costs hundreds of dollars?) as a Reaver to bilk people.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Post 9-11 User posted:

File this under Unlikely poo poo That Happened Because Hams:

North Dakota local news station covers the story of two new parents that have a newborn with a boat load of medical issues that require numerous, costly surgeries to correct. A gofundme site is started to help pay the costs, a Reaver Titan is put up for a charity raffle.

News story (with clip of the news segment)
http://www.kxnet.com/story/29079285/funding-campaign-underway-for-infant?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=11502230

The gofundme link (which the news agency didn't bother linking to)
http://www.gofundme.com/rnjwyw

The titan prize of the raffle:

Don't scream at me if it turns out to be bogus, don't spend money before triple checking the veracity of this. Regardless, a Ham Thing happened and I really doubt that a con artist would use something as obscure (and bizarrely over priced, what normal person would believe the model costs hundreds of dollars?) as a Reaver to bilk people.

They are legit. Minot is kind of our sister store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Soulfucker

1) Holy poo poo, I want grox meat and that future :mitt:

2) I like the look of the table and the minis. Less about clearly visible brush strokes/highlights, it's more in the style of something like Dropzone Commander where it looks like a warzone rather than a comic book.

• Locked thread