Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

Yuzenn posted:

Accidental or not you still gotta get hosed up for some pee spray on what I'd imagine is some expensive rear end poo poo Drake has on.

I understand Drake not wanting to gently caress with TI tho, but doing nothing is some bitch shiiiiiit

are you loving joking. if you were peeing next to your friend and a little bit like sprayed you a little would you seriously like pick a fight over that poo poo? are you literally a cave man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Yuzenn posted:

Accidental or not you still gotta get hosed up for some pee spray on what I'd imagine is some expensive rear end poo poo Drake has on.

I understand Drake not wanting to gently caress with TI tho, but doing nothing is some bitch shiiiiiit

Reminder that Puffy smacked him around and he didn't do anything (and, outside of my theory that Puffy had Big killed, Puffy's always been more on the "soft" end of the rap scale). If he lets a dude lay hands on him without even defend himself, you think he's gonna retaliate when someone pees on him a bit?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

40 lbs to freedom posted:

are you loving joking. if you were peeing next to your friend and a little bit like sprayed you a little would you seriously like pick a fight over that poo poo? are you literally a cave man

Some of us don't try to catch it in the mouth fam

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

you sound like you have a good day everyday

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

alansmithee posted:

Reminder that Puffy smacked him around and he didn't do anything (and, outside of my theory that Puffy had Big killed, Puffy's always been more on the "soft" end of the rap scale). If he lets a dude lay hands on him without even defend himself, you think he's gonna retaliate when someone pees on him a bit?

Please give elaborate details of your Puffy Killed Biggy Theory. Include graphics if possible.

Not joking, 100% sincere

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

alansmithee posted:

Since when has Puffy been "soft"? I mean aside from getting extorted by Haitian Jack, but name anyone in rap especially from the 90s who wasn't getting extorted at some point in their career.

And honestly people have wildly unrealistic expectations when it comes to celebrities and physical confrontations. Both of these guys are surrounded by paid security at all times who legally carry guns. You let something petty like that get out of hand and you're risking lives. Remember Busta Rhymes and Israel Ramirez? Is that the criteria for proving you're not a pushover?

But anyway, were Drake and Puffy supposed to lock themselves in a room for 30 seconds and shoot a fair one? Was that your honest expectation?

vanbags fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Aug 4, 2015

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
A few defunct rappers have said that Puffy was always slapping people. Puff is good at publicity and hiding his street side. He can play dorky business guy in public but in private, he's no different than any other sleezy record exec.

Drake didn't get peed on intentionally. The guy was drunk and pissing in public and some of it got on Drake's shoe. I guess that's a reason to kill someone but keeping real usually goes wrong. I don't even fault Drake for that. He knows his future is worth more than some dudes clowning him. I kinda of respect Drake for that.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea ive never really heard about or considered Puffy soft. From what i understand he has a real bad rear end attitude and will snap off on anybody.

Remember this man had The Lox crying in public

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Puffy is soft in the sense that he won't kill you, but he has people around him that will if he wants them to.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Please give elaborate details of your Puffy Killed Biggy Theory. Include graphics if possible.

Not joking, 100% sincere

I wanna say it was around 2000(?) or so that Puffy had some promotion/contest where he was accepting screenplays. I was gonna pitch an idea about two dudes who grew up together, one was a hustling, business type dude (Swollen Father) and the other was a more "street" dude (Infamous Large). Large starts rhyming a bit, and Father starts making moves, and gets him a deal. Works on background stuff. Large blows up, and they both get rich, etc. But Father got jealousy in his heart, and he wants the spotlight. Large always puts him in his vids, gives him shoutouts, but it's not enough and he wants to be the star. So Father sets up his man-he starts instigating a bunch of nonsense in the background between some rival rappers (the great North-South beef). Large gets shot, and then Father releases a tribute song right afterwards, capitalizing on all the sympathy. Of course, nobody suspects Father because why would he kill his man? And Father always mentions Large in all his videos, interviews, etc. nobody would ever think he would've had anything to do with it! I mean sure he's super-rich and famous on his own now, but it's not like that's ever been a motive before right?

No graphics, and I only ever got the outline done before I lost interest but my friends and I still joke about it. I mean it makes sense if you think about it.

vanbags posted:

And honestly people have wildly unrealistic expectations when it comes to celebrities and physical confrontations. Both of these guys are surrounded by paid security at all times who legally carry guns. You let something petty like that get out of hand and you're risking lives. Remember Busta Rhymes and Israel Ramirez? Is that the criteria for proving you're not a pushover?

But anyway, were Drake and Puffy supposed to lock themselves in a room for 30 seconds and shoot a fair one? Was that your honest expectation?
All those security with guns didn't stop Puff from solo slapboxing Drake.

And I'm not talking about what's sensible, or logical. You're 100% right. But dudes who are supposed to be "hard" aren't necessarily the most logical when it comes to stuff like that. And if you gonna let someone slap you around 1 on 1 with no problems, you're probably not gonna start throwing if someone pees on your shoes a bit.

And w/r/t Puffy being "soft"-the stuff I always heard was that dude runs his mouth when he got bodyguards and poo poo, but whenever he's around "real" dudes he shuts up quick. But this is all rumor and internet stuff so it's obviously not the most accurate.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

I could throw down with any rapper past or present, hmu bitches.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

alansmithee posted:

stop saying this lmao, puff daddy is still loving puff daddy. no matter what you retard brain thinks that dude still has weapon/assault charges and was/is still a major head figure that no doubt has some connections.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Diddy just recently threatened a coaches life with a kettlebell, did ya'll forget

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

RBX posted:

Diddy just recently threatened a coaches life with a kettlebell, did ya'll forget

He's been called Ciroc Hussein.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

I AM BRAWW posted:

stop saying this lmao, puff daddy is still loving puff daddy. no matter what you retard brain thinks that dude still has weapon/assault charges and was/is still a major head figure that no doubt has some connections.

It's probably surprising to you, but there's tons of people who aren't instantly intimidated by any black dude they see. Just because you feel the need to cross the street or lock the doors when anyone darker than 10 minutes in the tanning booth walks by doesn't mean that's how everyone feels. People aren't exactly quaking at the fact that Puff Daddy is walking the streets. And regardless of how many charges someone may or may not have, lots of dudes still won't allow themselves to be roughed up without resistance.

"puff daddy is still loving puff daddy" is maybe one of the funniest things I've heard on here no joke.

obi_ant posted:

He's been called Ciroc Hussein.
now that's funny

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

alansmithee posted:

It's probably surprising to you, but there's tons of people who aren't instantly intimidated by any black dude they see. Just because you feel the need to cross the street or lock the doors when anyone darker than 10 minutes in the tanning booth walks by doesn't mean that's how everyone feels.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
I Ain't Afraid of No Diddy

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
rip meek

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
I've now learnt that violence is always the answer. Thank you, rap thread.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Drake should've busted a cap in Puffy's softy rear end for slapping him. Drake should've murked that foo', and shown everyone how much of a true G from Toronto he is. Aubrey Graham should've caught a body. P. Diddy ain't Bout That Life. This is how all Black American Men should deal with situations, no doubt fam.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
This is Alansmithee. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXhsuNf80l4

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
A friend of a friend you're peeing on a wall next to accidentally splashes a bit on you when you're all drunk and having a good time? Fly off the handle son!!

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

I'm surprised you were able to see my driving by in the background, but yes that was me. I have a different car now though so if you wanna keep up the internet detective stuff you'll need to look for a different car.

Also didn't know "not letting yourself get repeatedly slapped" was such a controversial opinion. Didn't know Drake getting roughed up would trigger you so much though, I'm guessing you were bullied a lot as a kid? I'll try to be more sensitive to the delicate flowers around here.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

The gently caress?

Danny is the best rapper in the game. The Hybrid was pretty great, but XXX and OLD are some of the most daring and successful albums I can think of.

Who knows when his next album is gonna drop :iiam:

I've promoted danny more than anybody in this thread, he just hasn't released anything at all in years and has stuck in the same style rut for a while

hot take edit; the hybrid was better than old by a long shot

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Aug 4, 2015

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Slaps are a nutritional part of any breakfast.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

http://hypetrak.com/2015/08/shooting-at-drakes-ovo-fest-after-party-one-person-dead/

drake lost, thank u trap music!

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Cool Buff Man posted:

I've promoted danny more than anybody in this thread, he just hasn't released anything at all in years and has stuck in the same style rut for a while

I don't think that's a hot take at all. Hybrid was really good and Old, while it was good, had a lot of issues. He said himself how he was trying to make festival songs since he's been touring so much. It's just Old came out when he had a lot more visibility.

And it's only been a couple of years since Old came out, it's just the release cycles have gotten super distorted imo. I mean I think he had like 4 albums in 3 years or something prior (Old, XXX, Black and Brown, and The Hybrid) so probably just needed a break. I know he's still been touring. I'm pretty sure his next album will be at least as good as Old (feel free to throw this in my face if it sucks).

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

alansmithee posted:

I wanna say it was around 2000(?) or so that Puffy had some promotion/contest where he was accepting screenplays. I was gonna pitch an idea about two dudes who grew up together, one was a hustling, business type dude (Swollen Father) and the other was a more "street" dude (Infamous Large). Large starts rhyming a bit, and Father starts making moves, and gets him a deal. Works on background stuff. Large blows up, and they both get rich, etc. But Father got jealousy in his heart, and he wants the spotlight. Large always puts him in his vids, gives him shoutouts, but it's not enough and he wants to be the star. So Father sets up his man-he starts instigating a bunch of nonsense in the background between some rival rappers (the great North-South beef). Large gets shot, and then Father releases a tribute song right afterwards, capitalizing on all the sympathy. Of course, nobody suspects Father because why would he kill his man? And Father always mentions Large in all his videos, interviews, etc. nobody would ever think he would've had anything to do with it! I mean sure he's super-rich and famous on his own now, but it's not like that's ever been a motive before right?

:worship:

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
Where my sadboys at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U0qkZx3EV0

Coming through w/ that whitearmor production.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3PwteHlkN4

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

I AM BRAWW posted:

Drake should've busted a cap in Puffy's softy rear end for slapping him. Drake should've murked that foo', and shown everyone how much of a true G from Toronto he is. Aubrey Graham should've caught a body. P. Diddy ain't Bout That Life. This is how all Black American Men should deal with situations, no doubt fam.

jesus christ

Cool Buff Man posted:

i thought this already general consensus but apparently it isn't. a lot of people seem to think danny appeared out of nowhere on XXX.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

alansmithee posted:

Don't forget Shyne took the fall for what was almost certainly Diddy's body from the shooting. Diddy is a loving street dude no matter what his persona shows out in TV/Media. He has a record for getting people roughed up and even though I can't prove it, probably killed...I know people who worked for him and he is ruthless as gently caress and has a bad temper. He just doesn't usually do his own dirty work (who would being that rich?) and outside of recently stayed way under the radar and plus being street is not good for business.

Hussein Fatal is from my old town and he used to tell us about poo poo Diddy used to do to gently caress with Pac all the time. Death threats and poo poo like that, sending people to his performances just to intimidate him......

So serious though.....calm down fake angry guy in the rap thread it was a joke. First off the guy was a loving felon coming off an attempted murder charge, and second off it's Drake so nothing was ever going to happen and third TI is not playing at all and is probably legit crazy and has a ton of weapons all the drat time. All of these factors make for Drake's only reaction to just GTFO and live with getting peed on.

I don't make a living off of trying to make you believe I'm hard as poo poo and I'm the toughest out but since rappers like Drake do, Meek is dead on about Drake's fake tough guy persona and being soft but NO ONE CARES. Meek bodied himself for no reason at all and there is no real comeback from this outside of an orgy sextape with Aaliyah, Nicki, and Drake's Mom.

Rappers and Rap Beef is fake as poo poo unless you are in Chicago. Everyone's shooting and nobody is dying otherwise.

Yuzenn fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Aug 4, 2015

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Puffy is actually Stringer Bell from the Wire, iirc

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

ol yeller posted:

jesus christ

i thought this already general consensus but apparently it isn't. a lot of people seem to think danny appeared out of nowhere on XXX.

XXX was really good and a really apt introduction to his music for me, but I went back and listened to The Hybrid and yeah, I think it's his strongest project.

It has the same appeal as like, BFK by Gibbs for me.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
2008 danny was really fun https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGfCyZx-NqQ

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Muf3ylQ6Vao

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

https://instagram.com/p/58WpPsPyaO/

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

ol yeller posted:

this is a good way to get me to disregard your opinion (although i agree about the second half)

Pretty much

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

lol at complex not knowing what a wraith is

e: also gunplay's album is very good. blood on the dope is crazy and the track with curren$y is cool

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

Yuzenn posted:

Rappers and Rap Beef is fake as poo poo unless you are in Chicago. Everyone's shooting and nobody is dying otherwise.

But two people just died tho?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

That sucks about the mass shooting in Toronto after OVO fest. Anyways, is there seriously going to be a new Dr. Dre album coming out this Friday? I guess it's good promo for the biopic coming out next weekend but still feels out of nowhere.