Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Scyantific posted:

Haha, so my stupid game bugged out on me tonight and I ended up losing my rare-as-gently caress Engine Guardian Helm (Heavy Armor/Divines Trait). Sent a ticket to support because some people claimed I could get it back because it wasn't an error on my end.

Support's Response?

Like, really? A loving upgrade material and trait stone is equivalent to the amount of time I spent in that dungeon trying to get that helm? God-loving-dammit ZoS. I'm trying to not hate you guys but poo poo like this makes it really hard.

...ok, rant over. Continue asking for invites and poo poo :)

You lost a helm because you deconstructed it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

xxEightxx posted:

You lost a helm because you deconstructed it?

I was refining some raw Voidstone to get some ingots for crafting. Never even once touched the "Deconstruct Armors/Weapons" menu while doing it. When I finished refining my raw materials, I went to turn in a crafting quest when I noticed my helm was missing. I don't use the "Hide Helmet" gameplay option, so I checked my bag. It was gone. completely vanished.

I use an add-on that lets me mark specific items and save them so they don't get destroyed. And I have no idea what happened, especially considering that I never even touched the Deconstruct menu, only the Refine menu.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Scyantific posted:

I was refining some raw Voidstone to get some ingots for crafting. Never even once touched the "Deconstruct Armors/Weapons" menu while doing it. When I finished refining my raw materials, I went to turn in a crafting quest when I noticed my helm was missing. I don't use the "Hide Helmet" gameplay option, so I checked my bag. It was gone. completely vanished.

I use an add-on that lets me mark specific items and save them so they don't get destroyed. And I have no idea what happened, especially considering that I never even touched the Deconstruct menu, only the Refine menu.
Are you positive you even got mats for it then? Reply back telling them they are full of poo poo because you didn't get anything.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I did though. I only refined 3 sets of raw materials and somehow it went past 3 and the last drops were Voidstone, Grain Solvent, and a Sapphire.

I mean I have no problem re-grinding the helm, VetDC is piss easy anyway and we managed to 3-man it last night (Ennuid, Sadpluto, and I), even as a comedy run. It's just their response that pissed me off.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Scyantific posted:

I had this exact thing happen. Wearing a helmet from a dropped set. Crafting, refining specifically. Neither researched nor deconstructed. Helmet was on when I entered the crafting station view and gone when I came out. I opened a ticket and went back and forth with them several times with no success. They did research it and could find that I had the helmet. They could not find where it went or some event associated with it. It was a low level set helmet on a low level character so I gave up.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
That's messed up. I guess stick your helmet in the bank before you refine anything then, now? Maybe its a bug with one of the addons you're both using.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES

JackBadass posted:

Are you Ebonheart Pact? If so, go to the "Inner Sea Armature" just WSW of the Harborage. Good loot gets handed out there like candy, just check every jar and container.

Holy poo poo you weren't playing. I got a purple dwarven bow motif, two blue recipes, and three green ones. I also found this that shows other dwemer ruins and also the number of containers inside.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QDhxsGfWZFzEfNlNCW2cAuV7rJsq1Dt-bMvEl-Ihe44/edit?usp=docslist_api

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

acidblue posted:

Can I get an invite on ps4? Acidbluedod is the PSN name.

Invites sent for all three guilds.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

OptimusMatrix posted:

Holy poo poo you weren't playing. I got a purple dwarven bow motif, two blue recipes, and three green ones. I also found this that shows other dwemer ruins and also the number of containers inside.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QDhxsGfWZFzEfNlNCW2cAuV7rJsq1Dt-bMvEl-Ihe44/edit?usp=docslist_api

I know, it's like a goddam gold mine.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!

Mercury_Storm posted:

That's messed up. I guess stick your helmet in the bank before you refine anything then, now? Maybe its a bug with one of the addons you're both using.

The items in your bank also appear in your deconstruction tab. And since monster pieces are bind on pickup, you can't hide them in a guild bank either.

Scyantific posted:

re-grinding the helm

Down for this.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Whats the big deal about that dungeon helm and pauldron?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Baron Porkface posted:

Whats the big deal about that dungeon helm and pauldron?

It's a unique helm drop with the best effect in the game all-around. It has a chance on every single skill cast to summon a Dwemer Sphere that restores either Health, Stamina, and Magicka over 6 seconds.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!
They're the only items that give you a 1-set bonus, and the 2-set bonuses are generally pretty cool. Engine guardian summons a little sphere dude to give you 2200 health, magicka, or stamina every second with about a 33% uptime, roughly equivalent to drinking an extra purple beverage.

e: what he said
e2: In contrast, Warlock (which people still pay good money for somehow) takes 5 pieces to give you half the magicka and no health or stamina.

tgidieday fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Aug 4, 2015

exser
Aug 18, 2003

Already in the deconstructing guild, but can I get invites to the other PC guilds? @binpas

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Can i get an invite for Aldmeri Dominion on PS4? ID=Talk-c

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
How often do dungeons like Inner Sea Armature reset? Is there a way to manually reset them so you can run them over and over back-to-back?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Apple Craft posted:

How often do dungeons like Inner Sea Armature reset? Is there a way to manually reset them so you can run them over and over back-to-back?

Every instance change (so out the delve and back in) resets the containers I think. There is something like a thirty minute timer on motifs per character though.

Manmower
Feb 22, 2013
Can I get an invite to the Daggerfall guild? @TheManmower

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

Talkc posted:

Can i get an invite for Aldmeri Dominion on PS4? ID=Talk-c

Invited!

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Scyantific posted:

It's a unique helm drop with the best effect in the game all-around. It has a chance on every single skill cast to summon a Dwemer Sphere that restores either Health, Stamina, and Magicka over 6 seconds.

What does grinding it mean? Does it drop randomly like some circa 2002 raid gear?

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!

I didnt get the invite. Am i looking in the wrong place? I dont see anything under guild or on PSN.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Baron Porkface posted:

What does grinding it mean? Does it drop randomly like some circa 2002 raid gear?

It's a completely random drop with a very low drop rate yes.

The drop comes out of a pool of 3 Armor Types and 8 Traits. My ideal drop would be a Heavy Armor version, with either the Infused or Divines Trait, which are the best traits available. The game could also go "gently caress you for grinding this, here's a Medium Armor Sturdy version," which would suck balls. I need a Heavy version for my build to take advantage of HA bonuses and Undaunted bonuses.

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

Talkc posted:

I didnt get the invite. Am i looking in the wrong place? I dont see anything under guild or on PSN.

See anything under notifications at the top? If not I can resend.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
Weird, they werent there earlier and then suddenly i got 3 of them back to back.

Loving this game so far. Templar with Destruction Staff is a ton of fun. Cant wait to get my second weapon slot so i can add Restoration Staff to my mix.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Re-submitted my ticket just now, citing that "the service I received was unsatisfactory to me, as both a former ESO sub and current ESO+ sub" and that "I never intended for the helm to be deconstructed and hence could not know if the materials came from either the helm destruction or raw materiel refining."

I also mentioned that several other users have had items restored after accidental destruction and could provide corroboration.

Probably against my better judgement but that first part about the service being unsatisfactory is true.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Scyantific posted:

Re-submitted my ticket just now, citing that "the service I received was unsatisfactory to me, as both a former ESO sub and current ESO+ sub" and that "I never intended for the helm to be deconstructed and hence could not know if the materials came from either the helm destruction or raw materiel refining."

I also mentioned that several other users have had items restored after accidental destruction and could provide corroboration.

Probably against my better judgement but that first part about the service being unsatisfactory is true.

If all else fails, threaten to file a report with the BBB. Worked for me with Rockstar.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

I need recipes for "roast corn" and "nut brown ale". If you have an extra of either, consider mailing it to JackBadass on the PS4.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Just got through a vet rank 12 dungeon with a pick up group. Healer was being kind of a dick because vet 8 NB tank. Shut him up by not falling below 90% health during the whole dungeon. At the end he apologized to me because "he usually only runs with his friend tanking and didn't like change."

Yeah, totally had to do with that and had nothing to do with the fact that you were reluctant to run with a V8 even though I am fully geared and know my poo poo.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES

JackBadass posted:

I need recipes for "roast corn" and "nut brown ale". If you have an extra of either, consider mailing it to JackBadass on the PS4.

Start checking guild traders in every city that's where I go if I can't find a recipe I need but now I'm only missing like 5 in the whole game.

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
Someone can mail you the food and once it hits your inventory it will count towards the writ

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
Anyone have some skill recommendations/advice for leveling a melee nightblade? Im looking to take a break from my healy casty templar for a bit.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Scyantific posted:

Just got through a vet rank 12 dungeon with a pick up group. Healer was being kind of a dick because vet 8 NB tank. Shut him up by not falling below 90% health during the whole dungeon. At the end he apologized to me because "he usually only runs with his friend tanking and didn't like change."

Yeah, totally had to do with that and had nothing to do with the fact that you were reluctant to run with a V8 even though I am fully geared and know my poo poo.

Pubbies are pubbies. I did an all Templar Spindle run with apparently 1 guy who signed up as DPS but INSISTED on heals. Only problem is the healer guy INSISTED on being heals, too. So the entire instance they were bickering back and forth trying to outheal each other while doing garbage dps because they were too wrapped up in their slapfight to actually do the dungeon. Thank god it was an easy lowbie instance and the tank knew what he was doing.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Talkc posted:

Anyone have some skill recommendations/advice for leveling a melee nightblade? Im looking to take a break from my healy casty templar for a bit.

DW or 2H? I hear most people go 2H but I like DW. stam I assume

my bar looks like this. It's really only good for single target dps so my second bar is buffs and bow aoe stuff
Abilities
1 Veiled Strike--M--> Surprise Attack (open with this from stealth to do a bunch of damage, stun, and wreck their armor. Also good for spamming)
2 Twin Slashes--M--> Either morph (good cheap move to throw a dot on dudes. One morph heals you the other does more damage, your choice)
3 Assassin's Blade--M--> Killer's Blade (Powerful execute move on low health guys, heals you quite a bit when you kill dudes. Great for spamming on bosses when they're low too)
4 Teleport Strike--M--> Ambush (great gap closer that stuns the enemy for a short bit and increases your next attack)
5 Shadowy Cloak--M--> Shadowy Disguise (Invisibility comes in handy a lot! And you have a magicka bar that's feeling neglected with all these stam skills)

For the ult I usually use Dawnbreaker since it increases weapon damage when slotted but there's probably a case to be made for a number of other ults.

valevale
Sep 24, 2007
Can I get a invite to the PC guilds? @ Listah

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Ticket closed because "duplicate."

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Scyantific posted:

I'd make a thread on the forums: you'll probably have more success there, especially if you have other players confirming that this is the case for them as well.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Scyantific posted:

Just keep reopening it. You have to be persistent and borderline annoying to these people. Also insist on speaking to tier 2 support.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I don't believe its possible to deconstruct your helmet while you're trying to make ingots or whatever. What, does your character accidentally drop their helmet in the smelter or something? It doesn't even make sense to me from a programming standpoint how they would screw something up that badly.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
In the beta, there was an issue where sometimes your helmet would get eaten when you deconstructed things. I thought that got pretty hardcore fixt, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContraceptiveCereal
Mar 27, 2010
So I just started playing this with a buddy. It's fun and all but it seems a little counter-intuitive to have a game based on free form builds to have such drastically unbalanced racial abilities. I never paid attention to min/maxing in games before (Tauren priest best priest), but the racials here look really really skewed. Basically what I'm saying here is that I don't want to play a dumb elf. How badly am I shooting myself in the foot if I am playing a non-tanking lizard? How much does it matter end-game, pvp, etc? The more research I do on races and the developers changes on them (+2% potion effectiveness next patch? really?) the more frustrated I get.

• Locked thread