Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Greeting fellow Eagles fan. Draft Bradford yes, draft Bradford as a starter NO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Just wait till the 3rd to last round and draft mariota, Alex smith, or geno smith.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm not touching Mariota in a Ken Whisenhunt offense

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Papes posted:

Just wait till the 3rd to last round and draft mariota, Alex smith, or geno smith.

Wut.

A) Please don't target Mariota or Geno as your starting quarterback, and
B) If you do intend to start a bottom-6 quarterback please don't draft them.

Personally I like the Stafford/Tannehill/Rivers tier in rounds 8-10. Sometimes Brady falls there too.

Fantasypros ADP is currently suggesting that, on average, Rivers goes later than Gostkowski.

Matt Ryan I'll take if he falls to the 7th but that's not going to be terribly likely I think.

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.
Who do y'all like better as a keeper, Martavis Bryant or Jarvis Landry in PPR. Both would be kept at the same price (almost nothing). Leaning towards Landry for some reason.

Or maybe keep both and not keep Russell Wilson for the same cost??

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

drizzle posted:

Who do y'all like better as a keeper, Martavis Bryant or Jarvis Landry in PPR. Both would be kept at the same price (almost nothing). Leaning towards Landry for some reason.

Landry in PPR.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Context: I'm in a 16-team non-PPR league with big rosters (starts 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE and 3 RB/WR/TEs). It's a keeper league, 6 kept per year. Just made a blockbuster trade to get a QB, so my current keepers are Aaron Rodgers, Eddie Lacy, Julio Jones, Vincent Jackson and Greg Olsen. So, that's only five keepers.

I'm looking for my sixth keeper, and there are three people available I'm considering and my guess at what the trade cost would be:

1.) Zach Ertz (4th rounder)
2.) Charles Johnson (6th rounder)
3.) Doug Martin (5th rounder)

Martin's at the premium position, but he's the riskiest bet. Johnson and Ertz are both exciting talents, but Johnson has a lot of competition this year and Ertz is more expensive. I don't know where to go.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Martin the other two will probably still be around during their positions

Reggie Died
Mar 24, 2004
If 16 manager's keep 6 player's a piece, that's 96 player's off the board. That might skew who is available at what round.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Yeah, at the latest, all three will be gone by the end of the second round (and I don't have a first-rounder after getting Rodgers). I do agree that Martin will probably go first after the first wave of rookie RBs are gone.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
I'm in a competitive league at work. 12 teams. Points bonuses for TDs of 50+ yds. Players get bonuses for big passing/receiving/rushing games.

I drew the #1 pick this year. The guy with the #10 is considering swapping with me in the 1st RND in exchange for his 3rd RND pick and my 6th RND pick.

I'm leaning towards sticking with my #1 draft position because the points bonuses are

I'm torn though. I like the depth the trade could give me with an extra 3rd RND pick although I'll be missing out on a lot with the top pick.

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.
I like drafting late round this year. You can for sure get a great WR and a pretty solid RB. RB is deeper this year than in the past few years I feel.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Greeting fellow Eagles fan. Draft Bradford yes, draft Bradford as a starter NO

I'm thinking drafting Bradford is a great idea.

ONLY if you also draft Sanchez.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

89 posted:

I'm thinking drafting Bradford is a great idea.

ONLY if you also draft Sanchez.
I can't wait till they both go down/suck bad this season

and then watch the Giants obliterate Tebow week 17

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
On a different note, I'm quickly talking myself out of grabbing Gronk in the first round if he's available. I mean, with Kelce out there (no Fasano to vulture poo poo), Zach Ertz seemingly on the fantasy breakout radar again (that 15 reception game last year, too), and then Owen Daniels that EVERYBODY is forgetting (Peyton's replacement for Julius Thomas...in a Gary Kubiak offfense).

Throw in Greg Olsen as a safe lower high end pick....do we really want Gronk in the first?

I'm starting to settle on the idea of only taking a RB in the first round unless Antonio Brown is still available, or Dez if you're a Cowboys fan. And you guys may claim RB is deep, but after the 3rd round it just falls off outside of Jonathan Stewart, Mark Ingram, and Frank Gore.

89 fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Aug 4, 2015

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

89 posted:

I'm starting to settle on the idea of only taking a RB in the first round unless Antonio Brown is still available, or Dez if you're a Cowboys fan. And you guys may claim RB is deep, but after the 3rd round it just falls off outside of Jonathan Stewart, Mark Ingram, and Frank Gore.

Dez>brown all day everyday

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

drizzle posted:

I like drafting late round this year. You can for sure get a great WR and a pretty solid RB. RB is deeper this year than in the past few years I feel.

I was thinking this too. I had Dez Bryant last year and want to draft him again.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Fleetwood posted:

I'm in a competitive league at work. 12 teams. Points bonuses for TDs of 50+ yds. Players get bonuses for big passing/receiving/rushing games.

I drew the #1 pick this year. The guy with the #10 is considering swapping with me in the 1st RND in exchange for his 3rd RND pick and my 6th RND pick.

I'm leaning towards sticking with my #1 draft position because the points bonuses are

I'm torn though. I like the depth the trade could give me with an extra 3rd RND pick although I'll be missing out on a lot with the top pick.

You would be drafting 1.12, 2.12, 3.1, 3.12, 4.12, 5.1 instead of 1.1, 2.12, 3.1, 4.12, 5.1, 6.12.

You're basically trading Eddie Lacy and Tevin Coleman for Demaryius Thomas and Lamar Miller. I like it.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

drizzle posted:

Landry objectively as Bryant may get passed by Wheaton soon anyway.

Also I'm really high on Landry. I loved him coming out of LSU, he did a lot on a weak offense last year, and if Tannehill takes another step, woah boy. Landry might be a PPR god next year.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm going to be Really loving Annoyed if Wheaton in fact passes Bryant

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Spoeank posted:

I'm going to be Really loving Annoyed if Wheaton in fact passes Bryant

rotoworld posted:

Appearing on Sirius XM Radio, Ben Roethlisberger stated that Markus Wheaton will be the Steelers' No. 2 wide receiver this season and predicted Wheaton will be Pittsburgh's "breakout player."
This should deal a blow to Martavis Bryant's skyrocketing ADP. "I think Markus Wheaton is our breakout player of the year," said Ben. "I want that. I want him to have that pressure. Because when we're in two wide receivers, he's our No. 2. And we're asking him to play outside. And we go three wide receivers, we ask him to move inside." Bryant's elbow procedure won't help his chances of earning a consistent role in two-wide receiver sets. Wheaton is coming off a highly disappointing 2014 campaign, but will be worth a late-round flier in all fantasy formats if he indeed keeps a full-time role in one of the NFL's premier offenses. Aug 2 - 12:43 PM

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
That's what I'm talking about. I have a feeling that might just be training camp noise though

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Spoeank posted:

That's what I'm talking about. I have a feeling that might just be training camp noise though

Yeah, it makes no loving sense, given how the beat guys watching practices the last fsw weeks are all unanimous that Bryant has looked phenomenal. If he's improved that much over last year (when he already stole Wheaton's gifted position as WR2), I don't see how he could possibly be the camp underdog.

Maybe Ben just wants to talk them into a camp battle? It's just weird.

Absolute Zero
Mar 12, 2007

Best QB in Arizona history*

*projected
Second year playing and my league is restarting as a 10 year dynasty league. I've never drafted for dynasty, and obviously this year has such huge implications on the next several years going forward in the league.

I ended up getting the 2nd overall pick (out of a 12 team league). I'm sorta puzzled as to how to approach it. Curious how my fellow goons would value players over the next ten years. Andy Luck is obviously stands out as a guy who looks to be one of the top fantasy producers at his position for the next ten years and i think he's somebody I would target if #1 doesn't take him. Other than that, I'd look at players like maybe Gronk (though injuries scare me), Julio Jones, Dez, etc. Aaron Rodgers would be intriguing as someone I'd probably get a good 4-5 more years of elite production out of. Running backs terrify me picking that high as there isn't one in the league I trust for more than a few years.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Absolute Zero posted:

Second year playing and my league is restarting as a 10 year dynasty league. I've never drafted for dynasty, and obviously this year has such huge implications on the next several years going forward in the league.

I ended up getting the 2nd overall pick (out of a 12 team league). I'm sorta puzzled as to how to approach it. Curious how my fellow goons would value players over the next ten years. Andy Luck is obviously stands out as a guy who looks to be one of the top fantasy producers at his position for the next ten years and i think he's somebody I would target if #1 doesn't take him. Other than that, I'd look at players like maybe Gronk (though injuries scare me), Julio Jones, Dez, etc. Aaron Rodgers would be intriguing as someone I'd probably get a good 4-5 more years of elite production out of. Running backs terrify me picking that high as there isn't one in the league I trust for more than a few years.

Use ADP from sources like FantasyPros or DLF, research players you like, and prepare to have fun.

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

I don't think Wheaton will pass up Bryant but I'll probably keep landry anyway. Wheaton has had a few years already with weak competition to be the number two guy and he was outshined by a rookie last year. That poo poo ben is saying is just crap.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
I must be the only person who is low on Landry. Stills and Parker could likely be the top 2 wrs on the Dolphins. Even if they don't, I just see where the targets to make Landry a 'ppr God' will come from.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Really hoping my real draft will go as well as this ESPN mock just did, but I highly doubt it. 12 team, short benches.

1.03 A. Peterson
2.10 D. Bryant
3.03 A. Jeffery
4.10 J. Hill
5.03 J. Randle
6.10 T. Romo
7.03 M. Bryant
8.10 D. Walker
9.03 B. LaFell
10.10 M. Colston
11.03 D. Woodhead
12.10 R. Tannehill
13.03 Seahawks
14.10 S. Gostkowski

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Papes posted:

I must be the only person who is low on Landry. Stills and Parker could likely be the top 2 wrs on the Dolphins. Even if they don't, I just see where the targets to make Landry a 'ppr God' will come from.

Well, he was 14th in receptions among wide receivers as a rookie, was incredibly efficient (5th in catch rate, 10th in contested catch rate, and 11th in yards after catch), and clearly has room to scale up (he played under 70% of snaps last year - 82nd among wide receivers - but when he was on the field he was 9th in targets per snap). Add that to some potential upside from Tannehill this year and an improved defense that should give them better field position and I'm definitely interested in ppr.

So yeah it might actually just be you because that looks pretty good to me. Neither Stills nor Parker are remotely similar as a receiver (though I really like Stills) so he doesn't have much real competition aside from red-zone work going to Cameron and Jennings (Landry was 11th in redzone receptions last year among WRs but I'm thinking that will fall this year because of these two recent additions).

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

Papes posted:

Stills just doesn't seem like anything special and Parker is on the pup so who knows with him. If tannehill is going to keep improving I think landry will benefit the most.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I've been running a few draft simulations on fantasypros and I always end up with the number 1 overall team, but only because my bench is incredibly higher than the other teams. My starters range from 3rd to 10th in a ten person draft. There must be some flaw in my drafting choices because this has been consistent over like 8+ drafts. Can anyone think what would be causing this?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Are you drafting Randle as a starting hb?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Metapod posted:

Are you drafting Randle as a starting hb?

No, but I've been not putting as much focus on QBs, picking up like Ryan Tannehill or Phillip Rivers in a late round. After Luck and Rodgers, it doesn't seem worth it to pick up a QB when there's still first in the depth chart RBs and WRs to grab.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

drizzle posted:

Stills just doesn't seem like anything special and Parker is on the pup so who knows with him. If tannehill is going to keep improving I think landry will benefit the most.

Stills has literally been the most efficient receiver in the nfl for two consecutive years. You expect a speedster like him (he ran a 4.38 40) to have a big yards-per-target number (he's been top-3 in two consecutive years), but simultaneously having a top-3 catch rate is unheard of. Deep balls are usually lower percentage and he's blowing away the catch rate of slot receivers and running backs. His more football-oriented performance metrics are off the charts too - he was 3rd in DVOA last year and 1st the year before that, and has been the back-to-back #1 in net expected points per target.

He's not a redzone threat, doesn't pick up yards after the catch, and Tannehill's deep ball is iffy at best, so I doubt he even breaks the top-20 this year. But "nothing special" isn't really the phrase I would use for Stills.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Reik posted:

No, but I've been not putting as much focus on QBs, picking up like Ryan Tannehill or Phillip Rivers in a late round. After Luck and Rodgers, it doesn't seem worth it to pick up a QB when there's still first in the depth chart RBs and WRs to grab.

If you pick up late-round TEs and QBs (like you should), fantasypros will think you have a sub-par starting lineup. Don't be concerned. Having good depth and good upside risk at RB and WR is how you win leagues.

Also getting the #1 team in fantasypros simulations is trivially easy because they sort your draft list by consensus rank but make the bots draft by some kind of noisy sub-optimal ADP system.

fake edit: now I kind of want turn my draft simulator into something interactive so you can actually practice against reasonable competition.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Forever_Peace posted:

Stills has literally been the most efficient receiver in the nfl for two consecutive years. You expect a speedster like him (he ran a 4.38 40) to have a big yards-per-target number (he's been top-3 in two consecutive years), but simultaneously having a top-3 catch rate is unheard of. Deep balls are usually lower percentage and he's blowing away the catch rate of slot receivers and running backs. His more football-oriented performance metrics are off the charts too - he was 3rd in DVOA last year and 1st the year before that, and has been the back-to-back #1 in net expected points per target.

He's not a redzone threat, doesn't pick up yards after the catch, and Tannehill's deep ball is iffy at best, so I doubt he even breaks the top-20 this year. But "nothing special" isn't really the phrase I would use for Stills.

I'm hoping Stills has a quiet year and gets punted somewhere else so he can be an absolute steal next year.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Forever_Peace posted:

If you pick up late-round TEs and QBs (like you should), fantasypros will think you have a sub-par starting lineup. Don't be concerned. Having good depth and good upside risk at RB and WR is how you win leagues.

Also getting the #1 team in fantasypros simulations is trivially easy because they sort your draft list by consensus rank but make the bots draft by some kind of noisy sub-optimal ADP system.

fake edit: now I kind of want turn my draft simulator into something interactive so you can actually practice against reasonable competition.

Yeah, if Gronk and Graham are off the table I just pick up a TE in like round 14 right before my defense and kicker. Is there another drafting website with better bots to draft against?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Forever_Peace posted:

I actually really like FantasyPros simulator. It's a good way to practice when you can expect to see players, particularly since the sub-optimal ADP sometimes represents drafting with friends and family.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Amergin posted:

I'm hoping Stills has a quiet year and gets punted somewhere else so he can be an absolute steal next year.

They can keep Stills for a half-mil next year. :psyduck: As it stands right now I doubt they let go of Stills when he's on that kind of contract. In contrast, Greg Jennings' contract quadruples next year and Cameron's contract increases 7-fold so if anybody is in jeopardy of getting cut from the pass-catchers it's these two.

For dynasty purposes I decided a while back that my preferred move is to set up something of a hedge: get Stills and Spiller. If Stills is some kind of deep-ball ninja and/or Tannehill continues to get better, he far surpasses his ADP and acts as a serviceable WR3 (with WR2 upside) for a few years. In contrast, if his efficiency stats are entirely the consequence of catching balls from Drew "pretty good at football" Brees, I am all loving in on CJ Spiller because who the hell else is he going to throw it to (yeah yeah "Hill" whatever I'll believe it when I see it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I'm doing a live draft in a couple weeks, but some of the managers are flakey and I know at least one won't show. What's the best draft software that also autodrafts for absentee managers? Last year we used Clickydraft, but it doesn't autodraft so we had to kind of do BPA for a team and it ended up being a little strange.

Also, does anyone know if NFL.com allows the commissioner to pause a live draft? Google is ambiguous on the subject.

• Locked thread