Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I like Kirby because he says "hi" to you the player because he is your friend

If you don't greet your opponent at the start of every match, I don't even know what's wrong with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

sharrrk posted:

worse than that is din's fire putting her into helpless when she uses it in the air

I seriously do not understand this. This was not a thing in previous Smash games and it has no reason to be a thing in this one. Was firing off-stage Din's Fires really that good in previous games?

2MB
Feb 3, 2009

"No need to speak. Your fists told me everything I need to know about you."

SL the Pyro posted:

I seriously do not understand this. This was not a thing in previous Smash games and it has no reason to be a thing in this one. Was firing off-stage Din's Fires really that good in previous games?

I like to imagine Sakurai getting styled on by the QA team and reaction nerfing things in a fit of rage.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

SL the Pyro posted:

It was actually a thing in every Smash game. Except Project M.

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

SL the Pyro posted:

There's some other moves that don't seem like that should apply to. See also the DK Punch, all of Metaknight's specials now that he can't glide, and Robin's Nosferatu only when you successfully grab someone.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
if a Robin gets a clutch nosferatu offstage, obviously he should be punished for his vulgarity.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Reiley posted:

I think I might maybe consider the possibility of potentially weighing the chance that I may give thought to naming Little Mac as an alt, or pocket selection. Maybe.

while pikachu is a very strong and fun character, mixing things up will help keep the game fresh :)

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

SL the Pyro posted:

It's never been good until 4/Project M; the helplessness after it is a lovely hold over.

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

By the by, I just went ahead and added everyone here on the google doc.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Tonetta posted:

while pikachu is a very strong and fun character, mixing things up will help keep the game fresh :)

He seems well-equipped to handle the few characters Pikachu does not have a speed advantage against. Plus he's all spacing and good old-fashioned Fundamentals

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

mabels big day posted:

Heres the tier list I just made.

Top tier. Everyone in this tier has all extremely good taunts:
Luigi, Wario, Ganondorf, King DeDeDe, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Pac-Man

High tier. Everyone in this tier has solid taunts, or maybe one very notable taunt.
Mario, Peach, Jigglypuff, Rosalina, DK, G&W, Diddy, Toon Link, Kirby, Palutena, Ike, Duck Hunt, Olimar, Lucas, Ryu.

Mid tier. These taunts are ok.
Zelda, Meta Knight, Fox, Dr. Mario, Pikachu, Roy, ROB, Lucina

Lower mid. These are just kind of meh overall.
Bowser, Mega Man, Samus, Pit, Robin, Falco, Mii Fighters, all of them.

poo poo tier. These taunts are poo poo.
Bowser Jr., Sheik, Link, Little Mac, Charizard, Lucario, Greninja, Mewtwo

gently caress you tier. gently caress you! Thats what I say out loud when any of these characters taunt ever.
Yoshi, ZSS, Ness, Dark Pit, Marth, Sonic

Captain Falcon/Shulk tier. Its not fair to judge these in the same context.
Captain Falcon, Shulk.

Best overall taunts: Wario or WFT. Worst, probably Sheik. Cutest taunts go to Kirby. Sexiest taunts are Palutena's. Thanks for reading.

NOT okay!

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Hold on man Sonic has some pretty dece taunts I'm not sure he's being fairly represented here

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The pro strat for Game & Watch is to cycle between side and uptaunts over and over, for the authentic experience.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I like to taunt by running back and forth across the screen when I get a kill.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

NTT posted:

Hold on man Sonic has some pretty dece taunts I'm not sure he's being fairly represented here

Sonic had one of the best taunts in the game in Brawl and then they took it away for no reason :(

cloofish posted:

I do this too

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Aston posted:

NOT okay!

"gently caress you tier. gently caress you! Thats what I say out loud when any of these characters taunt ever." sounds like the best tier to me.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I'm conditioned to taunt after a KO because you got extra points/coins in previous versions.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

elf help book posted:

"gently caress you tier. gently caress you! Thats what I say out loud when any of these characters taunt ever." sounds like the best tier to me.

I realised this after I posted and now I'm "okay" with it

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

cloofish posted:

Same except if a character has a backwards crawl like Bowser/ZSS

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Luigi's crawl is top tier.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Alxprit posted:

Since i've just started to learn playing Luigi after the latest patch, this makes me very happy.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Reiley posted:

The pro strat for Game & Watch is to cycle between side and uptaunts over and over, for the authentic experience.

This is what I do; glad to see a lot of my instinctual taunt game RE: porting with megaman during the freeze frame and ringing G&W's bell back and forth are also being repped by other players.

I think G&W and MM should be upped by one tier each in light of this new evidence, but otherwise I agree with most of that list.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I too am upset by this 'tier list' but i will not give it the power to become a "tear list". No sir.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Reiley posted:

I too am upset by this 'tier list' but i will not give it the power to become a "tear list". No sir.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Sonic had one of the best taunts in the game in Brawl and then they took it away for no reason :(

they took it away because roger craig smith has never said that line and all of sonic's voice clips are reused

bad frog
Dec 21, 2003

listen up
Uh, Samus has the best taunt in the game. Where when your opponent falls down below, you walk up to the ledge and lean over it for a second. It's perfect

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Aston posted:

NOT okay!

Falcon and Shulk are beyond god tier at taunts. And G&W with bell spam is p good.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Silver Sound posted:

Uh, Samus has the best taunt in the game. Where when your opponent falls down below, you walk up to the ledge and lean over it for a second. It's perfect

Shirtless I'm really feeling it is too good you're wrong.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

sharrrk posted:

rosalina is not royalty. she just wears a crown because it looks good on her.

She is Luigi and Peach's daughter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JcK_Bfe3sw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzWFuEH9HsA

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Alxprit posted:

Rosalina's crawl is also top tier.

The Chrom wig is perfect on a Bayonetta Mii.

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Let's get a good stretch.

Stretch those shoulders

Let's stretch our legs.

Good advice!

My favorite part is when WFT just randomly throws out taunting phrases mid-smash attack.

Good posture begins with a firm base.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Lets Pickle posted:

Let's get a good stretch.

Stretch those shoulders

Let's stretch our legs.

Good advice!

My favorite part is when WFT just randomly throws out taunting phrases mid-smash attack.

Good posture begins with a firm base.

Feel the burn in your thighs & glutes aka you just got your BUTT kicked buddy!!!! Just a little fitness humor from your friendly trainer.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Very interesting.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

we may have ryu but samus is the real street fighter in smash bros

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2usEavmJOgs

Lucky Raccoon
Aug 17, 2006

Let's put on our classics and have a little dance shall we?
If any of y'all dudes are near Pensacola, Florida, I run regular tournaments every Saturday. We have two bi-weeklies, a bar tournament, and a large conference center tournament for all the marbles. Our big events at the end of the month average around 50-60 players for Smash 4. We run also 64, Melee, PM and some 6-button fighters with an equivalent number of entrants. It's a cool time with cool folks. PM me if anyone wants details.

We have people travel out regularly from South MS, Alabama, Central Florida and other towns. You might could ride with weird strangers who play this dumb Nintendo game idk.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Tonetta posted:

we may have ryu but samus is the real street fighter in smash bros

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2usEavmJOgs

i dont think this person knows what a mixup is

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Spacebump posted:

She is Luigi and Peach's daughter.

Ahh yes, Game Theory, a show by retards for retards.

No end of fake rear end gamers in my life endlessly parroting this bullshit

Cabbagepots fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Aug 5, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The best part about game theory is when indie devs tell him to shut up and they're wrong about something he flips out and blocks them from his channel before scrubbing the comment away.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
The Five Nights at Freddy's guy did that in a different way, where he didn't comment but just quietly proved them wrong with the next game.

I think a lot of devs are fed up with those idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Nah, they did a video on 4 and freddy guy called him a idiot and told him he was wrong and got banished to the shadow realm because his inane poo poo theories cannot be wrong despite his slogan.

• Locked thread