Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
I know Kuligowski is a DL miracle worker, but I am pretty concerned about Mizzou's line this year. Harold Brantley is out for the year with an injury and Marcus Loud was dismissed from the program leaving only Charles Harris as a player who started at least one game before (and he only started one). I don't think it's fair to put a lot of responsibility on Beckner Jr's shoulders, but he's gonna need to contribute this year if the Tigers want to have any sort of presence up front. I guess it's nice that our secondary and linebackers are more seasoned since they'll need to pick up a lot of the slack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

djdanno13 posted:

Can you imagine the bedshitting if a university bought and housed an endangered animal today?

LSU still has a live tiger on campus. He's at every home game.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I was just about to post about those San Diego State uniforms, because holy crap those own so hard.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

drunk leprechaun posted:

LSU still has a live tiger on campus. He's at every home game.

Not every one, he has to want to come out.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

djdanno13 posted:

Can you imagine the bedshitting if a university bought and housed an endangered animal today?

With how prevalent weird pets seem to be in places like Texas I'm surprised it hasn't happened already.

"And now, Northwestern Texas State A&M proudly present: Billy, everyone's favorite snow leopard!"

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I wish there was a Florida school with the Burmese Python as a mascot.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Pakled posted:

I wish there was a Florida school with the Burmese Python as a mascot.

Closest you've got to that is Florida A&M

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Maybe they should've done that for the IMG Academy, a bloated, invasive creature

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I have long campaigned for Iowa to dress a man up in buckskins and stick him in a cage on campus but alas

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
One of the tiger or wildcat teams should change their mascot to an actual dead horse

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Northwestern should find the upright they tossed in the lake and keep that on the field as a mascot

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
San Diego State's rival should switch their mascot to smallpox blankets

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Ole Miss should drop the whole "rebels" and "black bears" thing and just make its mascot the Landsharks.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Are there any old stories of some students trying to steal a dangerous mascot and being killed?

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

Spacebump posted:

Are there any old stories of some students trying to steal a dangerous mascot and being killed?

Not that I can think of but Texas AM students killed themselves making a bonfire which is pretty stupid

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Raku posted:

One of the tiger or wildcat teams should change their mascot to an actual dead horse

Actually, UH should adopt the Dead Horse mascot since, well, the metal band Dead Horse were from Houston.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Mike_V posted:

I know Kuligowski is a DL miracle worker, but I am pretty concerned about Mizzou's line this year. Harold Brantley is out for the year with an injury and Marcus Loud was dismissed from the program leaving only Charles Harris as a player who started at least one game before (and he only started one). I don't think it's fair to put a lot of responsibility on Beckner Jr's shoulders, but he's gonna need to contribute this year if the Tigers want to have any sort of presence up front. I guess it's nice that our secondary and linebackers are more seasoned since they'll need to pick up a lot of the slack.

I guess we have to hope Josh Augusta and Ricky Hatley can pick up the slack and the dudes under them can catch up fast.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Raku posted:

If only Penn State had kept Old Coaly the Skeletal Hell Horse as a mascot

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Spacebump posted:

I assume the Florida alligator has eaten someone but the odds are overwhelmingly on it being someone who roots for the Gators since that represents a good 95% of people killed by alligators.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Raku posted:

And they could put this on campus:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

http://deadspin.com/uconns-bob-diaco-has-a-new-name-for-that-rivalry-that-d-1722077475

lol uconn

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

single-mode fiber posted:

Maybe they should've done that for the IMG Academy, a bloated, invasive creature

IMG Academy is great if you pretend it's basically that planet Kamino from Star Wars that made all those stormtrooper clones.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Raku posted:

San Diego State's rival should switch their mascot to smallpox blankets

Smallpox is the least of your worries at Fresno State

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
30 days until FBS football, y'all.

On September 3 we got TCU at Minnesota, NC vs SC in Charlotte, Michigan at Utah, Okie Lite at Central Michigan, and Florida International at UCF. Not too bad for a Thursday, never mind that it will be like finally reaching the oasis in the desert. We're almost home!

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
8/29 NDSU @ Montana. The true start of college football. Go Bison.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Strobe posted:

8/29 NDSU @ Montana. The true start of college football. Go Bison.

Go a Grizzly

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MourningView posted:

I have long campaigned for Iowa to dress a man up in buckskins and stick him in a cage on campus but alas

Northwestern apparently used to make Willie sit in a cage in the endzone until the Wildcats scored a touchdown, but they stopped doing that because they just kept being unable to score touchdowns and some college kid ended up stuck in a cage wearing a plush fur suit. Given the timeline, one of those Willies may have been Craig Sager.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

MourningView posted:

I assume the Florida alligator has eaten someone but the odds are overwhelmingly on it being someone who roots for the Gators since that represents a good 95% of people killed by alligators.

There's actually a wikipedia page that lists everyone in the US killed by alligators that I happen to have read before for some reason

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_alligator_attacks_in_the_United_States_by_decade

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

There's unironically idiots that swim regularly in a lake at UF that is chock full of gators.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

There's actually a wikipedia page that lists everyone in the US killed by alligators that I happen to have read before for some reason

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_alligator_attacks_in_the_United_States_by_decade

quote:

Killed by a 7' 11" (2.4 m) alligator while swimming in a retention pond at Lee Memorial Health Park in Lee County, Florida.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Clemson Freshmen quarterback Tucker Isreal broke his foot for the teams first practice. Couldn't wait for the season to actually begin to start Clemsoning themselves

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Thoguh posted:

Go a Grizzly

Hell yeah go Grizz :hfive:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

Given the timeline, one of those Willies may have been Craig Sager.

please be true please be true please be true

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

I have actually read that page too, I think it was after the episode of Archer when he starts listing off gator attacks.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

My favorite is the most recent.

quote:

Suffered severe trauma to a limb when he was attacked and killed, in the early morning at a Southeast Texas marina. Woodward ignored warnings not to swim in the water because of the danger of alligators; his last known words were "[gently caress] the alligators"

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
There's a fair chance my last words will be gently caress the gators too

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
Why do people swim in lakes in Florida? I lived there for 9 years and was in a lake one time, loving terrified the entire time. Maybe I was overly cautious, but I'll stick with the ocean.

e: Holy poo poo check out the bear attack article, each decade is divided up by type of bear.

JesustheDarkLord posted:

There's a fair chance my last words will be gently caress the gators too

Amen.

Dattserberg fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Aug 5, 2015

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Gators aren't even the worst thing. Water mocassins and snapping turtles are usually far more hidden and likely to bite you ruining your week/life. Then of course there is this thing:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naegleria_fowleri

quote:

Onset symptoms of infection can start from one to seven days after exposure. Initial symptoms include changes in taste and smell, headache, fever, nausea, vomiting, and a stiff neck. Secondary symptoms include confusion, hallucinations, lack of attention, ataxia, and seizures. After the start of symptoms, the disease progresses rapidly over three to seven days, with death occurring usually from seven to fourteen days later, although it can take longer.

Very few infections do we declare death sentences upon diagnosis, but this is one of them. "Yup, you got a brain amoeba, enjoy the next week of your life suffering from seizures and horrifying hallucinations. No, there isn't anything we can do about it, sorry."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

swickles posted:

Gators aren't even the worst thing. Water mocassins and snapping turtles are usually far more hidden and likely to bite you ruining your week/life. Then of course there is this thing:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naegleria_fowleri

Very few infections do we declare death sentences upon diagnosis, but this is one of them. "Yup, you got a brain amoeba, enjoy the next week of your life suffering from seizures and horrifying hallucinations. No, there isn't anything we can do about it, sorry."

It is very rare and there was actually a girl in Arkansas with it two years ago who lived.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Aug 5, 2015

• Locked thread