Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011

Kitten Nightmares posted:

For some reason GBS isn't loading the thread lists past page 1 in the app. Pulling up doesn't make more threads show below or load a new page of threads. Works in other main/sub forums though.

Oh. Stupid question but I'm guessing that's not how the app works. I've had an iPhone and this app for about a month now and I've never been able to go past page one on any forum. Just thought that is how it worked and was kind of annoyed I could in the android app but not this but never occurred to me it was a bug.

Also, just recently had a weird bug that went away after an app restart. A lot of my bookmarks had two listings. Not sure what caused it but I restart got rid of the multiples.

IPhone 6 8.4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comatoast
Aug 1, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ugato posted:

Well, I can go over it again - when I use the app browser to view YouTube videos, decently often I can't get back out of the video at the end. I have to force close the app and find where I was before. I can use the "open in (browser)" for the links which redirects to the YouTube app (the only thing that hasn't had the same issue since iOS 8's release) but it opens a tab in the browser as well. It's mildly annoying, which is why I didn't bother mentioning it for a while but I was just curious if anything was still planned for it.

I guess I didn't specifically answer your question - I'm just looking for an option to open the links in the YouTube app automatically. Obviously nothing critical.

I had this same problem and it was resolved by updating to the most recent update/jailbreak.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
iOS 9 b4:

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Yeah just installed it. Looks fan-fuckin-tastic.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

There's a known issue with Safari rendering pages zoomed out in iOS9 too, might be related.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Subjunctive posted:

There's a known issue with Safari rendering pages zoomed out in iOS9 too, might be related.

In this beta or in general? It seems weird that it would take this long to leak over to UIWebView, but, then again, maybe not?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Beta, IIRC.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
Happening in FB too. Where's my rage shake dammit.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh what the gently caress? It did it to me too, but I turned my font scaling to 200% and it was fine. Then I went to another thread and the text was hilariously huge :shepface:

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Subjunctive posted:

Beta, IIRC.

You're lucky they blocked App Store ratings with the beta versions! I was gonna rate this one star! Won't adjust until fixed!

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Oh what the gently caress? It did it to me too, but I turned my font scaling to 200% and it was fine. Then I went to another thread and the text was hilariously huge :shepface:

Same. And I thought I was being clever :smith:

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Not a bug necessarily, but does anyone think the Forums/Bookmarks/etc menu bar is more "transparent" than before in iOS 9 Public Beta 2? Maybe it was always that way and I just didn't notice.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Hey you know how when you open an image in the viewer, then tap the Share button, sometimes the Share sheet's background is invisible so it's impossible to read the button labels?

Go to settings and turn off the "Hide sidebar in landscape" option. Now behold as the image viewer's share sheet labels get their background!!

e: iPhone 6+, iOS 8.4, current App Store version of Awful.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

pokeyman posted:

Yeah just installed it. Looks fan-fuckin-tastic.

Bugger, it really fucks with poor Awful. This might be the first beta bug I've encountered that annoys me enough to downgrade.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Why is the an AIDS forum in the listing on the app but not on the actual forums?

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

In Training posted:

Why is the an AIDS forum in the listing on the app but not on the actual forums?

Because it's hidden from everyone. Unless you have permissions you can't enter it, so if you see it in the forum list in the app, it was put in via code.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Or it's in the dropdown, which I think periodically doesn't match the displayed list.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Along those same lines, I've been seeing the mod forums in the app lately:

I know how the app gets the list of forums, so I know that forums I don't have permissions to see must occasionally be showing up in that dropdown on the site, but I've never managed to catch it happening.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So I'm still having the font size issue, but apparently if you tap + hold + swipe left, it doesn't make the font look hilariously oversized if you turn the scaling up real high to compensate for whatever's going on with the app. Or maybe it's swiping right? It's whichever way doesn't send you back to the side menu.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

blugu64 posted:

Maybe I'm dumb but is there a way to jump to a thread? I.e. I've got a url to a thread that's really old and very far down on my bookmarks, but I have the url from the Copy Thread URL button, can I paste it anywhere to go directly to it?

carry on then posted:

Try leaving and reentering Awful? I think it's supposed to detect a forums URL on your clipboard when you switch into it.

Awful remembers the most recent URL it offered to open for you and won't ask you about that URL when it becomes active. Otherwise if you keep a Forums URL on your clipboard you'd get the alert every time, and I figured that was annoying.

When you use the Copy Thread URL button, that becomes "the most recent URL it offered to open", so you won't immediately get asked to open the URL you just copied. My thinking there was that you need to have the thread on screen to copy its URL, so it would be annoying to then ask you if you want to open the URL, because if you wanted it open you'd just open the thread right there.

This is a long way to say that if you change the URL by even a single character, it'll seem like a new URL to Awful. So you could e.g. paste your URL into whatever, let's say Notes, then add &hi=there to the end of the URL, then copy your new URL, and Awful should ask you to open it.

Question Mark Mound posted:

Not a bug necessarily, but does anyone think the Forums/Bookmarks/etc menu bar is more "transparent" than before in iOS 9 Public Beta 2? Maybe it was always that way and I just didn't notice.

I noticed the blur looks different, though if you asked me to describe the difference I'd be at a loss. But yes, I do notice a difference. (iOS 9 beta 4 but I assume that's roughly equivalent to Public Beta 2.)

Subjunctive posted:

Or it's in the dropdown, which I think periodically doesn't match the displayed list.

We have a winner.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
The newest beta lets me up the font size to 200% and the it'll show it oversized for a split second then adjust itself. So I guess this an alright meeting point until iOS 9 is fixed.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

noirstronaut posted:

The newest beta lets me up the font size to 200% and the it'll show it oversized for a split second then adjust itself. So I guess this an alright meeting point until iOS 9 is fixed.

I made absolutely no changes to anything in that area, so expect it to break again!

Thanks for staying fresh though.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
It seems like the sizing is correct until you start scrolling or otherwise interact with the page.

ProTip - If you're on a HugePhone+, turning it sideways breaks the app's layout and makes things "normal":

:iamafag:

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

ultramiraculous posted:

It seems like the sizing is correct until you start scrolling or otherwise interact with the page.

ProTip - If you're on a HugePhone+, turning it sideways breaks the app's layout and makes things "normal":

:iamafag:

there seems to be something horribly wrong with the color scheme there

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Soricidus posted:

For real, what’s with the blue?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Soricidus posted:

actually,

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
In the latest beta I'm seeing the bottom of pages cut off and only able to be seen if you scroll and hold. As soon as you release it goes back down. It's like the bounds of the webview and the toolbar aren't lined up.

Not only on posts either, it's everywhere in the app.

I'm also getting the blank blue bar when in landscape on the iPhone 6 plus.

IOS 8.4 to be clear.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
(iOS 9 beta 4) Every time I make use of the per-post ... Button the popover slides to the right offscreen further until I no longer have the option to quote anyone

Please let me know how this happened once you solved it, usually screen-size laziness manifests itself with poo poo only appearing in the first 320x

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Hey so to upload a pic from my photo library I always have to close the app. Whether the app has been open for a bit or I've already closed/opened/uploaded a pic through the app via imgur

Any ideas?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Hey I don't have PMs but I would love to get in on the beta..... email is mattnotgeorge@gmail.com

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I'm on an iPhone 6+ and when I try to post photos using hold->[ img ]->From library I get an error about trying to upload images too fast or something like that. The number code or w/e I think was (-1)? It was not the most helpful message from a stupid user's perspective but hopefully it helps out?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I get that and other errors randomly sometimes. Usually waiting a bit or closing the app seems to fix it.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

100% crash hitting the share button in the browser in the current beta. Blammo.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

GutBomb posted:

In the latest beta I'm seeing the bottom of pages cut off and only able to be seen if you scroll and hold. As soon as you release it goes back down. It's like the bounds of the webview and the toolbar aren't lined up.

Not only on posts either, it's everywhere in the app.

I'm also getting the blank blue bar when in landscape on the iPhone 6 plus.

IOS 8.4 to be clear.

The bottom-cutting-off issue is also on the 6+?

UIApplication posted:

(iOS 9 beta 4) Every time I make use of the per-post ... Button the popover slides to the right offscreen further until I no longer have the option to quote anyone

Please let me know how this happened once you solved it, usually screen-size laziness manifests itself with poo poo only appearing in the first 320x

If it's still a problem in iOS 9 beta 5 then I'll check it out!

Trebuchet King posted:

I'm on an iPhone 6+ and when I try to post photos using hold->[ img ]->From library I get an error about trying to upload images too fast or something like that. The number code or w/e I think was (-1)? It was not the most helpful message from a stupid user's perspective but hopefully it helps out?

I'll take a look. (If you're curious, error code -1 means the Imgur API response wasn't what I expected, for whatever reason. Probably my bad, or maybe they changed something on their end.)

Subjunctive posted:

100% crash hitting the share button in the browser in the current beta. Blammo.

Will check this out!

edit: forgot one!

goferchan posted:

Hey I don't have PMs but I would love to get in on the beta..... email is mattnotgeorge@gmail.com

You should get an email shortly about setting up TestFlight. Let me know if not!

pokeyman fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Aug 3, 2015

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I can't reproduce the share-button-from-browser crash in the simulator, hmm. I'll try on device in a bit.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

I can't reproduce the share-button-from-browser crash in the simulator, hmm. I'll try on device in a bit.

Oh sorry, I forgot to mention in here, I fixed it last night. Should be on master branch. Issue was the "Open in Safari" activity looking in the wrong bundle for its image.

3.4 is currently In Review so I figure we can pop out a quick 3.5 with that fix and a couple others.

pokeyman fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Aug 5, 2015

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

In the PYF Dark Enlightenment Thinker thread, attempting to preview the link URL of this post (by a long press on the included link):

Curvature of Earth posted:

Even if the World Science Fiction Society gets spammed with HPMOR votes it might be disqualified on the grounds that it has neither been copyrighted nor published anywhere within the eligible date range. If they want to rules-lawyer, then its last few chapters might still be eligible.

...causes Awful to immediately crash to the home screen. The offending link url is:

"http://www.thehugoawards.org/hugo-faq/#If something is copyrighted in one year and published in another, when is it eligible?"

iPhone 6+, iOS 8.4, current App Store version of Awful.

e: looks like the crash happens in my above quote too, here's a test link/URL that also includes raw space characters for fun, quoted in the url tag: come crash me bro

e2: that test link/URL also crashes on a long press for me!

e3: Awful v3.3? And the crash is still present in v3.4, since that just dropped for me!

Grace Baiting fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Aug 5, 2015

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
So the super zoomed out issue in Awful with iOS 9 is a beta issue with Apple right? There's nothing I can do to fix it currently?

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

latest release Awful, ios 8.3

Not sure I've seen this noted before: On the keyboard if you go to the recent tab, tapping any smiley doesn't update the smiley graphics themselves, but does change the notice at the bottom of the screen when one is copied to the clipboard.

e.g., if my first four are

:yum: :awesomelon: :ohdear: :stonk:

the first time I tap :stonk:, I get the notice "Copied :stonk:" and nothing changes position. If I tap :stonk: again it says "Copied :ohdear:"

If I scroll down and back up then the order is changed to reflect the taps:

:ohdear: :stonk: :yum: :awesomelon:

I hope that's clear enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Disappointing Pie posted:

So the super zoomed out issue in Awful with iOS 9 is a beta issue with Apple right? There's nothing I can do to fix it currently?

Yeah, it affects much more than Awful. I've seen it in Facebook at one point.

• Locked thread