Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

I'LL GET YOU THIS YEAR! EVEN IF I SAID THIS LAST YEAR TOOOOOO
God I love the smell of salty succubi in the morning

Policenaut posted:

It's actually an Attack on Titan game. I'm not joking.

Welp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

RIP any interest or hype i had. Even if they make a good game the source material is still super boring.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:
gently caress this.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I'll play the game if Lu Bu is in it.

I don't care how you make it work, just do it.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Jibo posted:

The only thing worse than fighting a Giant Mech in DWG or Boss in Hyrule Warriors is playing as the Giant Mech or Boss.

I really hope they go a totally different route for the gameplay. My guess is TK is going to try to make a Shadow of the Colossus type game and I really hope it flops because A. I don't care about Attack on Titan and B. God drat it get to work on the next DWG or Orochi game.

"I really hope they lose a bunch of money so they can make more games" is a nonsense thing to say

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
Game makes sense if you play as the Titan Shifters and fight normal titans with officers being either the deviants or other shifters.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Blockhouse posted:

"I really hope they lose a bunch of money so they can make more games" is a nonsense thing to say

You must not be familiar with how KT prioritizes the multitude of IPs they handle. Most of their games don't sell particularly well but they keep chugging along and the real stinkers get pushed out of rotation for release or less frequent releases (for example Ken's Rage).

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
These anime games probably are what makes them the most money, since people like buying lovely licensed titles.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Yeah if you're zipping around looking for an opening constantly on the verge of death it could be cool, if its like Toukiden or a QTE fest it'll miss the main fun thing about AoT

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
Or the game could be this and be awesome:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Just a heads up: the Attack on Titan reveal happens in a little under 7 hours from now. I don't know if there'll be a trailer but it's reveal is then.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I like AoT and thus I look forward to this.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm lukewarm on AoT, myself.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Attack on Titan. Automatically confirmed for overseas release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_doTab4qcg4

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Evil Canadian posted:

I like AoT and thus I look forward to this.

I don't know exactly when AoT became the most reviled anime on the internet, but it's totally alright even if it's got severe pacing issues. The good episodes are worth it IMO.

Still not sure it'll make a good game though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hakkesshu posted:

I don't know exactly when AoT became the most reviled anime on the internet

As soon as it became popular with non-anime fans.

It does have really lovely pacing at times though.

e: Eh, that's a bit unfair, the early episodes set up a tone that only lasts up until episode 5 at which point it becomes meat Gundam, after everyone was sold the show on 'totally not being typical shounen bro'.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Aug 5, 2015

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
it's a monthly series written as if it was a weekly one is the problem

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Also its plot does not go anywhere, and it has a habit of naming characters who will almost immediately die in a poor attempt to create pathos.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Maleketh posted:

Also its plot does not go anywhere, and it has a habit of naming characters who will almost immediately die in a poor attempt to create pathos.

Hey the Walking Dead thread is that-a-way

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hakkesshu posted:

I don't know exactly when AoT became the most reviled anime on the internet, but it's totally alright even if it's got severe pacing issues. The good episodes are worth it IMO.

Still not sure it'll make a good game though.

I don't know about anyone else, but this clip made my think this might not be the anime for me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTvdKLI7Ndo

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I don't see the problem :confused:

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Rutibex posted:

I don't know about anyone else, but this clip made my think this might not be the anime for me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTvdKLI7Ndo

:stonk:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
if you're not going to like things because creepy weirdos like it you're not going to like anything ever

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

if you're not going to like things because creepy weirdos like it you're not going to like anything ever

That does not, however, mean that I don't find said weirdos creepy.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Maleketh posted:

That does not, however, mean that I don't find said weirdos creepy.

well yeah duh of course

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

koei-tecmo just trademarked a game called godseekers, maybe we are getting more new stuff then just aot?

Broguts
Oct 16, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

As soon as it became popular with non-anime fans.

It does have really lovely pacing at times though.

e: Eh, that's a bit unfair, the early episodes set up a tone that only lasts up until episode 5 at which point it becomes meat Gundam, after everyone was sold the show on 'totally not being typical shounen bro'.

See that's my problem with it, I was totally up for a dark show where the protagonist would change every season due to being loving killed, and then it wasn't.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Typical shounen heroes usually succeed

And also don't trick their kidnappers by going "Oh, I'm hurt. Can you please help me?" then immediately bite off their hands

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I don't know what Attack on Titan is so I have no feelings one way or another about this game. Maybe some disappointment since it's not a musou game, I guess. Or is it? I dunno.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
The live action movie looks kind of cool.

I tried watching the anime at the urging of several friends and it wasn't bad, just kind of not great either.

If the game is fun I will play it but I sincerely believe that's a big "if".

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Broguts posted:

See that's my problem with it, I was totally up for a dark show where the protagonist would change every season due to being loving killed, and then it wasn't.

lmbo

I don't like AoT very much, but the fact that it wasn't edgy enough with a rotating cast of characters you stop being able to give a gently caress about isn't why.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

T.G. Xarbala posted:

lmbo

I don't like AoT very much, but the fact that it wasn't edgy enough with a rotating cast of characters you stop being able to give a gently caress about isn't why.

That's what TerraFormars is for.

.....That would actually make a decent Warriors style game.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Sakurazuka posted:

censorship mode in the options just makes giant black circles appear over every hit

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Please make this happen

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Not sure exactly where to ask this question but I figure this thread would be the best bet on paper.

So next month there is a Nobunagas ambition coming out to the west for the first time in forever. For those in the know, is it a good one of those? I love ROTK games but don't know what to make of Nobunagas ambition.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Mokinokaro posted:

This is why the Dragon's Dogma team are the most capable of making a proper AoT game.
Or whoever made Freedom Wars.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Evil Canadian posted:

Not sure exactly where to ask this question but I figure this thread would be the best bet on paper.

So next month there is a Nobunagas ambition coming out to the west for the first time in forever. For those in the know, is it a good one of those? I love ROTK games but don't know what to make of Nobunagas ambition.
I'd like to know this too. I've watched some videos of it, but that is a poor way of judging menu-driven strategy games in a foreign language.

I'll probably get it even if it is bad to encourage the trend of KT bringing everything over.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Are there any decent crowd brawlers on PC? I looked at DW8 but everything says it is a completely god awful port.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Cynic Jester posted:

Are there any decent crowd brawlers on PC? I looked at DW8 but everything says it is a completely god awful port.

DW8 on steam is an excellent port, dunno who says it's bad.

I mean, it's based on the PS3 version but performance wise it runs at 60 on a potato.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Cynic Jester posted:

You can play Warriors Orochi 2 on a PS2 emulator pretty easily.