Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

We are definitely near the half way point of JoJolion. It's on the before half, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Beef Chief posted:

Tarkus - Jamieson Price

Wamuu - Some guy that isn't Jamieson Price

what the gently caress

WHAT THE gently caress

WHAT THE gently caress

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I can't wait to spend 3 years reading the finale of jojolion.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Pomp posted:

:agreed:

Honestly I'm just really excited to learn more about Josuke's halves. Especially more about this Kira.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Pomp posted:

We will spend 1 of those years wondering HOW the main villain is doing whatever the gently caress is going on.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Jojolion ends next week after an invincible Kars equivalent appears and kills all the heroes. Araki starts part 9 without saying a word.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
I'd guess that the fight with Yotsuyu was the end of the first act. It was climactic and started to resolve some of the mysteries that were set up from the beginning. Since then we've generally been getting more answers than questions and the antagonists have been actively hostile. I'd guess that we get resolution to the central mysteries around the end of the second act and the third act is mostly just fighting whatever organization the rock-people are a part of.

Going off that (pretty shaky) logic, part 8 will go for about 90 chapters which means we're at the halfway point.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Personally, I can't wait to see how Kira and Josefumi are related, and I'd love to see more of what Kyo has to say about the whole thing. :allears:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
the third volume of phantom blood jojonium came out today

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
How many pages into jojolion are we? That’s probably the most accurate way to tell how far into it we are, compared to other parts.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Beef Chief posted:

I am awaiting my copy's arrival in the mail.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

CodfishCartographer posted:

How many pages into jojolion are we? That’s probably the most accurate way to tell how far into it we are, compared to other parts.
SBR was 24 volumes, Jojolion is currently on its 11th or 12th.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Bad Seafood posted:

SBR was 24 volumes, Jojolion is currently on its 11th or 12th.

Are all the volumes roughly the same page count?

I figured that'd be the best metric for gauging the length instead of chapters, since didn't SBR change from weekly to monthly partway through? Or was that Stone Ocean?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

No, it was SBR, it's just that the jump didn't really affect volume size.

Longer chapters just means fewer chapters per volume.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Bad Seafood posted:

No, it was SBR, it's just that the jump didn't really affect volume size.

Longer chapters just means fewer chapters per volume.

No, the jump definitely did affect volume size. The first 5 volumes of SBR clocked in at around 200 pages, but the rest of the volumes hover around the 150 mark.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I didn't remember the jump affecting the size all that much, so I decided to pull some SBR volumes off my shelf to double-check the page numbers. Here's what I came up with:
  • Vol. 5 - 224 pages
  • Vol. 8 - 200 pages
  • Vol. 10 - 184 pages
  • Vol. 11 - 200 pages
  • Vol. 16 - 192 pages
  • Vol. 17 - 216 pages
  • Vol. 21 - 192 pages
  • Vol. 22 - 192 pages
  • Vol. 23 - 160 pages
Vol. 23 (and presumably 24 which I don't own) are on the shorter side, the but the rest average out around 190-ish pages. It's shorter, technically, but not to such a degree that it should throw off estimates of length compared to other parts.

For sort-of comparison's sake, I also pulled out a random volume of VIZ's release of Part 3 (vol. 10) and found it to be 200 pages.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Huh. I guess they didn't. Actually, I think I know what the deal is, there are more double-page spreads in those volumes, which cuts down on how many different files each volume has. My bad then!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

It's cool!

The first two volumes I checked were 5 and 23, and I was like "Man, he's right," but then I noticed 23 was unusually slim compared with its fellows so I pulled a bunch more.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I just finished SBR. drat thsts some good rear end jojo

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Beef Chief posted:

End of the month in the UK of there's anyone wondering why they haven't had theirs despatched here.

The second volume has a lovely "Duwaaaaaang" translation for a sound effect. When Jonathan hits the cliff.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

mabels big day posted:

get hype for jojolion, it's basically steel ball run but revolves around arc 4

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

mabels big day posted:

It's the best jojo.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It's the best jojo.

Ultimately I think I prefer 4 and 6 but I can't bring myself to argue against this opinion. SBR is so good

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012
With everyone loving SBR so much, has anyone done a road trip following the route of the race?

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

get hype for jojolion, it's basically steel ball run but revolves around arc 4

Ugh I've been holding off on reading this until it's finished but I know that will be years and you telling me this just makes me want to give in and read it now.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Naerasa posted:

Ugh I've been holding off on reading this until it's finished but I know that will be years and you telling me this just makes me want to give in and read it now.

Waiting really won't be worth it dude, just read.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Waiting really won't be worth it dude, just read.

Yeah I've already given in and it's really good, boohoohoo.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ndk30TWzi7U

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I almost yelled when the alternate dimension Dio that appeared had The World

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

setafd posted:

I almost yelled when the alternate dimension Dio that appeared had The World

I did yell.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm glad more people are reading the best cowboy story ever written

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

it was so funny because where readers' reactions to Dinosaur Dio might have been "what the gently caress? he doesn't stop time?" Johnny saw Diego 2.0 and went "what the gently caress? he's not a dinosaur?"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

JoJo truly is the greatest thing ever.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

The final fight vs. Dio 2.0 might not be placed all that well, but drat if it isn't an incredible timestop battle. You can pretty much point to that fight as everything a JoJo fight should be (except place it somewhere else). Featuring such highlights as firing a gun during timestop, noticing a bullet missed, and reloading with that exact bullet while it's still hovering in midair.

It's also funny how there's at least four different Dios in Steel Ball Run. The most Dios.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Giorno's not paired with Bruno? Wonder if this means Abbacchio might get announced.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I wonder how deep they're going to go on their character selections; having Mariah and N'Doul is already a bit out there. Are we going to get Wekapipo? Viviano Westwood? Risotto Nero?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I hope so, because ASB was awful about having members of the cast who had weird and cool powers. Viviana Westwood is probably never getting into a video game though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Just got my copy of JoJonium Volume 3 and I'm glad Araki's answering the real questions.