Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.

Pic of my dog shortly after we adopted her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
This is Padfoot, so named for the character in Harry Potter. Here he is contemplating the great mysteries of the universe during a car ride

The other reason for his name, although you can't see it in the picture, are his massive paws--seriously, I've never seen paws this size on a Labrador Retriever before.

Here he is being lazy on my parents' back deck:

I woke him up when I took this picture. He was displeased, but then he got belly rubs and all was right with the world again.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Question: who is a good dog?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Darkman Fanpage posted:

http://threepanelsoul.com/2014/08/19/dog-philosophy/

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Darkman Fanpage posted:

You are not a good boy, but that is satisfactory to us. (Paranatural spoilers)

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Best friends:

"Well at least I make this look good."

"What is WRONG with you?"

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Nyarai posted:

Pic of my dog shortly after we adopted her.

*wonk*

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

I always laugh when my pit, Loki, yawns because it looks like his whole head just splits open, like something from The Thing.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Alter Ego posted:

This is Padfoot, so named for the character in Harry Potter. Here he is contemplating the great mysteries of the universe during a car ride

The other reason for his name, although you can't see it in the picture, are his massive paws--seriously, I've never seen paws this size on a Labrador Retriever before.

Here he is being lazy on my parents' back deck:

I woke him up when I took this picture. He was displeased, but then he got belly rubs and all was right with the world again.

:love: Oh my god he looks so much like the dog we had when I was growing up.

I miss my old dog.
:unsmith:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I like that whenever people reminisce or tell stories about the dogge they had growing up they always say they were "the best dog in the world"

It's true. They were. They all were the best dog in the world.

bimmian
Oct 16, 2008
Storms are the best because sticks

Lowly
Aug 13, 2009

This is not my dog, but it looks exactly like my dog and it's always been my dream to find a costume like this. The only lion costumes I can find don't have such good manes though. :(

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

bimmian posted:

That dog is experiencing a euphoria comparable to a little kid on Christmas morning. I defy you to find another animal in the world that is happier than a dog that just found a good stick.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

bimmian posted:

How not to be seen.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

BooDoug187 posted:

I always laugh when my pit, Loki, yawns because it looks like his whole head just splits open, like something from The Thing.

Someone in PI once used the phrase "Tooth TARDIS" for pits and it cracked me up for a solid two minutes.

bimmian
Oct 16, 2008
So this might be happening :3: :3:

"I won't get another golden, just can't deal with that much hair." -me, 12 days ago

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I love Goldies but never entertain the idea of having one. Our year 'round heat would just be tough on them; even if they are an indoor pooch.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Tide posted:

I love Goldies but never entertain the idea of having one. Our year 'round heat would just be tough on them; even if they are an indoor pooch.

Some folks in my neighborhood moved here with a golden in tow without realizing quite how bad Virginia summers can be. He spends the hot months with a hilarious haircut that he doesn't seem to mind one bit. :3:

bimmian
Oct 16, 2008
Summer cut + baby pool = :chord:

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Some folks in my neighborhood moved here with a golden in tow without realizing quite how bad Virginia summers can be. He spends the hot months with a hilarious haircut that he doesn't seem to mind one bit. :3:

I'm on the Gulf Coast where it is over 85F and 90% humidity 9 months out of the year. He/she would be in a summer cut near year round which kinda defeats a reason to get a floofy doofy goldie (aside from their awesome personalities)

bimmian
Oct 16, 2008
Sebastian turned 2 today! He got steak and eggs for dinner. Every second until that first bite is torment.

"Yea. I see it. Cook that poo poo"

"Wait?! whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy"

"Still???"

"mommmmmmmmm help"

:kiddo:

happy

bonus- one of these will be mine in ~6 weeks

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

bimmian posted:

Sebastian turned 2 today! He got steak and eggs for dinner. Every second until that first bite is torment.

"Yea. I see it. Cook that poo poo"

"Wait?! whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy"

"Still???"

"mommmmmmmmm help"

:kiddo:

happy

bonus- one of these will be mine in ~6 weeks

I like the added bonus of Kitty mean mugging in the background.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face
She wants the poop. She wants the poop. SO. BAD

Medium Style
Oct 11, 2002

Our dog found a very confused bird in our driveway.

Wrecking Ball
Jul 16, 2011

Medium Style posted:

Our dog found a very confused bird in our driveway.

"Moooom, can we keep it?!"

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

This is one of my favorite pictures of Daisy - not just as a nice picture of her, but also as a composition.

She died after a sudden illness last Tuesday, so I've been going through all my pictures and videos of her. :sigh:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
My puppy friends

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I desperately, desperately want to smush this dogge's face

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

This would be horrifying to anything except a human.

bimmian
Oct 16, 2008
Say hello to Oliver. He's just 5 weeks old right now, so I still have a few weeks to patiently wait.

Full Album

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

We want all of the dog pics. ALL OF THEM.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3553037

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Pookah posted:

This is one of my favorite pictures of Daisy - not just as a nice picture of her, but also as a composition.

She died after a sudden illness last Tuesday, so I've been going through all my pictures and videos of her. :sigh:

Sorry for your loss. Please feel free to post more if it helps.

DookieSandwich
Nov 14, 2012
Saw this Shar Pei on reddit. Love chubby dogs with fat heads.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

DookieSandwich posted:

Saw this Shar Pei on reddit. Love chubby dogs with fat heads.

That is a loaf of bread.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

My parents' two labradoodles, Amber and Toby.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Zombie Boat posted:

Sorry for your loss. Please feel free to post more if it helps.

Thank you very much; she was very very old and it was a gentle enough departure, but it's still a huge loss after more than 15 years :(.

She was old and grumpy but she was My Dog.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

I'd posted this a while ago on Facebook with the caption :

"What's the most excitement a married couple can have in the bedroom, you ask? Competitive Dog-Stacking!"

.. to which my Mother-in-Law replied "%daughter% , when we had that talk on your wedding day, this isn't what I meant."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Useless Rabbit
Jan 27, 2009

All legs and ears:

• Locked thread