Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
It was called Purr-Jury: Lion Under Oath

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm glad he's dead

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
:unsmith:
https://twitter.com/mike_gordon/status/626200993009639424

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Tavarin posted:

Today's Womp it Up has some great new background on the Seth/Listler fridge incident.

Yeah I haven't been convinced by womp it up but I liked this one. I think it works better when there are more people.

dang

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

The Hooray Show feed updated today with a new non-Earwolf logo. Horatio and Chad basically say they left because they wanted to be paid in addition to their share of ad revenue and got a no. Maybe they figured with Earwolf being bought last week they could get some extra cash out of it?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
So they wanted a share of someone else's ad revenue? That's the only place money is coming from.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
And merch.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Unless they're making it a paid podcast i don't see how they will make any more money by leaving earwolf. I don't think it has the reputation it needs to go solo either, and now they have to get the ads themselves :confused:

totempoleman
Jan 20, 2005

Make a jazz note here.
Summahtology is here!

https://howardkremer.bandcamp.com/album/summahtology

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
I think the hooray show is pretty bad and even when its good its not very accessible. Of all the shows that can make money while not tied to Earwolf i doubt its gonna be that one

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I guess it depends on how bad the ear wolf contracts are but there's plenty of people who've done fine after leaving / gone elsewhere and in general I think it's kind of telling that every big show they've gotten in the last few years are extremely close friends of Scott . Maybe they just heard about the uhh yeah dude guys starting a patron and making (in ref to classic mike Myers character doctor evil) one meeeeeelion dollars.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I think the Hooray Show will be fine provided they get reliable advertisers. My iTunes feed has already picked up their new episodes so anyone subscribing that way will still get the podcast and I don't think anyone would drop the show simply because they're not an Earwolf show anymore.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Back To 99 posted:

Unless they're making it a paid podcast i don't see how they will make any more money by leaving earwolf. I don't think it has the reputation it needs to go solo either, and now they have to get the ads themselves :confused:

Plus the biggest (only?) company that helps podcasts connect with advertisers is Midroll Media... which is Earwolf.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Maybe they just heard about the uhh yeah dude guys starting a patron and making (in ref to classic mike Myers character doctor evil) one meeeeeelion dollars.

Going independent, first step. Now they just need to put out a consistent product and build a fanbase, making no money in the process, for 9 years.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe Hooray Show could go the Never Not Funny route and go premium for the next 6 years then join Earwolf

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
What other podcast advertising companies than Midroll exist? I don't know much about the industry, but if they're handling Earwolf (obviously) WTF and Nerdist, that's a pretty sizable chunk.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

GobiasIndustries posted:

What other podcast advertising companies than Midroll exist? I don't know much about the industry, but if they're handling Earwolf (obviously) WTF and Nerdist, that's a pretty sizable chunk.

They don't have Serial, so their legitimacy is a little suspect to me, personally.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Well yes, Serial is the mother of all podcasts and all other podcasts should follow in its steed. But seriously, with NPR, ESPN and the like having the budget to produce their own podcasts, where do independent podcasts turn other than Midroll?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

GobiasIndustries posted:

Well yes, Serial is the mother of all podcasts and all other podcasts should follow in its steed. But seriously, with NPR, ESPN and the like having the budget to produce their own podcasts, where do independent podcasts turn other than Midroll?

Maybe straight to the 5 companies that advertise on podcasts? Skipping the middleman as it were.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Yeah podcast advertising existed before Midroll. I am not sure how much demand Hooray Show would have, but it may very well have been them asking for something they knew they wouldn't get, in order to go solo.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

GobiasIndustries posted:

What does carolla's network use?

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

:siren: Major Earwolf News inbound :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COCVkRqtHJ0

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Engineer Cody? The one that's a loving problem?

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Too much potash...

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

PFT said on Spontaneanation that he enjoys playing video games. Honestly the most shocking revelation I've heard on a podcast. What's next? He wears tshirts and basketball shorts while doing so?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

IIRC in one of the Andy Daly Podcast Pilots (The Irish one I think) he did a bit about Bioshock Infinite

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Oh of course he's into the one video game series about old timey mustache twirling steampunk 40s nonsense. I just want him to be really into playing NBA2K15 online.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

And it was hilarious.

"You don't even get to throw the ball at the black fella, all you get is the shame of being racist."

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

pft was on the indoor kids this very week talking about how much he likes video games

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

pft was on the indoor kids this very week talking about how much he likes video games

And tells the same story about the "Skyrim, huh?" break-in on both.

I thought it was weird that he made that very specific and spot-on criticism of Bioshock Infinite, but figured "Well it's right at the start of the game, maybe he just saw someone else do it in a writer's room or something." It really is a surprising revelation that he's genuinely into them. Wonder what system he's playing on, is he playing Destiny? Can he fill out my fireteam for HM Crota?

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Any highlights to the interview? I put it on and made it like 3 minutes in before the god-awful sound quality became too much.

SeductiveReasoning
Nov 2, 2005

382 BC - 301 BC

Okonner posted:

Any highlights to the interview? I put it on and made it like 3 minutes in before the god-awful sound quality became too much.

Right? I would really like to listen to that show but holy poo poo how and why is the audio so bad?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

i don't understand it. they presumably have access to whatever equipment nerdist has but it always sounds like they record in a garage. the quality gets better after the intro but its real echo-y.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

JethroMcB posted:

And tells the same story about the "Skyrim, huh?" break-in on both.

I thought it was weird that he made that very specific and spot-on criticism of Bioshock Infinite, but figured "Well it's right at the start of the game, maybe he just saw someone else do it in a writer's room or something." It really is a surprising revelation that he's genuinely into them. Wonder what system he's playing on, is he playing Destiny? Can he fill out my fireteam for HM Crota?

xbox 1, and yes apparently he plays destiny

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

i don't understand it. they presumably have access to whatever equipment nerdist has but it always sounds like they record in a garage. the quality gets better after the intro but its real echo-y.

the Jonah Ray podcast is also recorded + mastered in an unlistenable way.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I skip the intro to pretty much every podcast I listen to, but I skip the Indoor Kids intro with a vengeance. I love Kumail and Emily separately, but in their podcast intro they are the very definition of obnoxious cute couple. The audio quality just makes it that much worse. How hard is it to run a quick Remove Noise filter in Audacity?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Okonner posted:

As previously mentioned by someone on CBB, the Mr. Show crew used to play a lot of GoldenEye in between takes during filming...but this obsession didn't end after the show ended, and by 2002 they had a standing weekly 16 man Halo LAN party at Jay Johnston's place, starting on Friday evening and not ending until dawn.

Also, his XBox Live friends list is 2 people long.

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx

JethroMcB posted:

As previously mentioned by someone on CBB, the Mr. Show crew used to play a lot of GoldenEye in between takes during filming...but this obsession didn't end after the show ended, and by 2002 they had a standing weekly 16 man Halo LAN party at Jay Johnston's place, starting on Friday evening and not ending until dawn.

Also, his XBox Live friends list is 2 people long.

That's cool. But ultimately I came crawling back to finish the ep and I don't understand how your headline isn't - Paul F's wedding photos came with free foot fetish pictures as a bonus!

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
PFT played Halo a lot. In LAN parties.

The first 12 minutes or so of this is gold:
https://soundcloud.com/nerd-poker/battle-bot

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Aug 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs: