Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Babe Magnet posted:

they're going to bring back K Mike and he's going to fight Abrodolf Linkler

Did the season finale leak already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Gorilla Salad posted:

And 9 time out of 10 it was a gelf.

A grandmother everyone would like to gently caress?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I don't think I've seen any love for "70 of what you call 'meters' what you call 'North' of what you call 'here.'"

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

You work on a fantastic show.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Typical posted:

ayyye. thats my bug drawing.

At first I thought it was a design thing to make Michael's design unique, but why do both Krombopulous and his locket-girl have their mandibles cut off?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

A.o.D. posted:

why do both Krombopulous and his locket-girl have their mandibles cut off?

I thought circumcision debates were banned on SA?!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Typical posted:

Woah, that's cool. So, spill the beans, was Mike inspired by any specific Splinter Cell, Metal Gear and Mass Effect characters?

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Frostwerks posted:

A grandmother everyone would like to gently caress?

Genetically engineered life form. No aliens in the Red Dwarf universe, but loads of future tech littered around because its set 3 million years in the future. Its also really good.

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere - John Coltrane
Wow, holy poo poo. That second episode is a killer. Lots of really cool laughs at Jerry's expense which is great. It fits in well with the growth of the caracters after the Jelly Bean/Giants adventure episode where Morty wants to be able to choose more adventures.

Overall it was much more enjoyable than the first episode too. The first one felt very disjointed. Thinking about it now i guess that was the idea but I didnt like the rhythm or timing or something. This felt much more like a sci-fi action rhythm with the fast pace and cool sets. Great start to a season so far.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Servaetes posted:

That being said Fart going all Bowie and causing mass chaos and the absolute look of horror in Rick and Morty's faces is just great. It's like if Futurama took the dark sense of humor and broke the knob off. I'm genuinely curious if Groening has given his take on it.

He did a commentary on the Season 1 DVDs and he clearly just loves the show.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Typical posted:

All your other stuff is great too, but I love the design on this guy. The little dangly mouth bit makes him look so friendly and unthreatening, along with the goofy round goggles, but then you got the spikey bits on his hands and legs foreshadowing a more threatening creature, then when you pull out the gun with the spikey prongs, all illusion is shattered.

I also just like the template you use for your model sheets, they looks so much cleaner and easier to read than the cartoon network ones.

curse of flubber fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Aug 4, 2015

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

A.o.D. posted:

At first I thought it was a design thing to make Michael's design unique, but why do both Krombopulous and his locket-girl have their mandibles cut off?

Their proportions are a little different from the other bug people, too, and K Mike doesn't have wings (that we can see). They are not the same species.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

VideoTapir posted:

Their proportions are a little different from the other bug people, too, and K Mike doesn't have wings (that we can see). They are not the same species.

all aliens probably look the same to him

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Recognized the flight of the Conchords guy as the voice of Fart right away and my wife didn't believe me. Vindicated by the song.

Did anyone else buy the new episode of the Simpsons just to see the Rick and Morty cameo couch gag?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So I couldn't help myself and I watched next week's episode. Its a good one, get ready to feel.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Tenzarin posted:

So I couldn't help myself and I watched next week's episode. Its a good one, get ready to feel.

Is it the long awaited Rick and Morty/Steven Universe crossover?

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...an-more/442148/

#1 show of the night, beating both True Detective and Naked and Afraid.

Onomarchus
Jun 4, 2005

Someone on SA needs to do an audience-directed Let's Play of Roy, and I'm not even kidding. Something like Gilganixon's LP of Sword of the Bastard Elf, I mean.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Onomarchus posted:

Someone on SA needs to do an audience-directed Let's Play of Roy, and I'm not even kidding. Something like Gilganixon's LP of Sword of the Bastard Elf, I mean.

Spoiler alert We're all living a Let's Play of Roy

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
You made it to 55. Not bad!

You went back to the carpet store after you beat cancer? Booooooo.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
THIS GUY DOESN'T HAVE A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER FOR ROY!! :aaa:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I also like that despite it being a total mindfuck for Morty, even in the game Rick is still aware and able to communicate with Morty

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

MrFlibble posted:

Genetically engineered life form. No aliens in the Red Dwarf universe, but loads of future tech littered around because its set 3 million years in the future. Its also really good.

Technically yes, but the have lots of things that might as well be aliens: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Red_Dwarf_concepts

It's kind of like the old saying "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." except in red dwarf it's "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from alien mumbo jumbo in a different sci-fi show."

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Playing Roy should have matured Morty to that of at least a 55 year old. :colbert:

Sankara fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Aug 4, 2015

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Yeah, Roy has been Roy for like four times longer than he's been Morty.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

a shameful boehner posted:

I also like that despite it being a total mindfuck for Morty, even in the game Rick is still aware and able to communicate with Morty

I also noticed and appreciated this.

Now I'm just :f5: until episode 4 comes out, drat my impatience...

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Raserys posted:

Yeah, Roy has been Roy for like four times longer than he's been Morty.

No, Morty has been Roy for about an hour which, at the time, felt like 55 years. When the game ended his sense of time was restored to normal and that 55 years went back to feeling like an hour, an hour that is very hard to remember clearly and confusing to think about because it has 55 years worth of living crammed into it.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Secret Endings for Roy:
Congratulations, You are now Rhonda

Hi Roy! I'm Morty! Wanna come over and hang out with me and my Grandpa?

If you make it through Roy with every know STI, you log out with all of those diseases!

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o
Didn't all the hip-hop vocab start immediately after the day care scene? I assumed that was the tell for them bringing the wrong Jerry home.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Roy absolutely blew my mind and I want to learn more about it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

novamute posted:

Didn't all the hip-hop vocab start immediately after the day care scene? I assumed that was the tell for them bringing the wrong Jerry home.

Nah, he had a few season 1 after that switch too.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Katana Gomai posted:

The "life lived in a day" is a fun Sci-fi trope, and I love how quickly R&M just glosses over it. How many memories of Roy do you retain? Do you keep any of the skills Roy learned? How does being Roy warp your perception of time? The answer to all these questions and more is, of course: don't think about it.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Katana Gomai posted:

Really? Because it is a pretty common Sci-fi trope.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

e X posted:

Perhaps not everyone pours over science fiction and TV Tropes enough to understand every homage and to call them tropes. Just spit balling here.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Skippy McPants posted:

The "life lived in a day" is a fun Sci-fi trope, and I love how quickly R&M just glosses over it.

R&M has done a consistently great job of finding new life in science fiction tropes by running them all the way to their logical conclusion and then far beyond in, like, 45 seconds flat.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

e X posted:

I don't watch sci-fi so it was new to me :shobon:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Is there a full version of Goodbye Moonmen released anywhere yet?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Pakled posted:

Is there a full version of Goodbye Moonmen released anywhere yet?

shut the gently caress up!! About moon men!!!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
My favourite thing in the new season so far is Morty mumbling poo poo like "where's my wife..." when he gets out of Roy, and then something similar after he crashes into Krombopolous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

My favourite thing in the new season so far is Morty mumbling poo poo like "where's my wife..." when he gets out of Roy, and then something similar after he crashes into Krombopolous

We're all outta...Off-whit..Persian..

• Locked thread