Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Top City Homo posted:

for my bro now and foreva Jebany

(imagine that to be protein shake)

What happened to that guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
If you're Konstantinovs, you do them with 165lbs on your back.

http://vk.com/video73899913_163393987

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Zzulu posted:

you just grab the ab wheel and then get on ur knees and kind of slowly stretch out. You can do it with straight legs too but it's harder

Oh. drat, I was trying from straight legs, no wonder I couldn't do it. Next time. Thnks!

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Top City Homo posted:

very well actually

i can do 10 now from a standing position

Are you supposed to be able to go out the same distance while standing? I can do 5x12 kneeling no problem but I can't even do 1 rep standing if I try to extend out the same distance.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

bamhand posted:

Are you supposed to be able to go out the same distance while standing? I can do 5x12 kneeling no problem but I can't even do 1 rep standing if I try to extend out the same distance.

Yes. Try doing it with the bank of your feet against a wall for more support.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i thought crew threads were exiled to byob so they could die a slow death

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 3 years!)

i walked in at 4:35 this morning and the guy invited me to come back for free pizza night and I just kind of shook my head and made a noise like "uuughghghhhh"

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

CuteJen96 posted:

i walked in at 4:35 this morning and the guy invited me to come back for free pizza night and I just kind of shook my head and made a noise like "uuughghghhhh"

Do they have weights at planet fitness? I thought its just wall to wall cardio machines for people to sit on and enjoy their free pizza and bagels.

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Lunixnerd posted:

Do they have weights at planet fitness? I thought its just wall to wall cardio machines for people to sit on and enjoy their free pizza and bagels.

mine does. It's huge-- they've got 4 long rows of cardio equipment, and then they've got a poo poo load of weight machines, and then they've got the free weights and squat racks and all that fun stuff.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
If it's anything like the planet fitnesses I've used, the weight rack ends at 60 pounds and those squat racks are all Smith machines

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Aralan posted:

If it's anything like the planet fitnesses I've used, the weight rack ends at 60 pounds and those squat racks are all Smith machines

Smith machines are like squat racks with training wheels, you wouldn't want to engage any stabilizers or anything hazardous like that.

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

*shrug* dunno. It's an independenty owned franchise and I guess they decided to put real squat racks. They've got 2 smith machines and then two real squat racks. I forget how high the weights go because i'm very gay and am only just starting.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

CuteJen96 posted:

*shrug* dunno. It's an independenty owned franchise and I guess they decided to put real squat racks. They've got 2 smith machines and then two real squat racks. I forget how high the weights go because i'm very gay and am only just starting.

Do they have a lunk alarm?

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

*accidentally slams leg press machine against stops*

*cold sweat rolls down back*

*nervously eyes lunk alarm for 30 seconds. not moving. not breathing*

safe for another day.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

CuteJen96 posted:

*accidentally slams leg press machine against stops*

*cold sweat rolls down back*

*nervously eyes lunk alarm for 30 seconds. not moving. not breathing*

safe for another day.

The lunk alarm is useful if you are about to do a PR deadlift or something and you want the whole gym to witness your greatness. Just drop a dumbell, grunt loudly and be safe in the knowledge that all eyes are now on you as you approach the bar with your chalked up hands (chalk also not allowed)

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Lunixnerd posted:

The lunk alarm is useful if you are about to do a PR deadlift or something and you want the whole gym to witness your greatness. Just drop a dumbell, grunt loudly and be safe in the knowledge that all eyes are now on you as you approach the bar with your chalked up hands (chalk also not allowed)

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Gaz2k21 posted:

What happened to that guy?

banned

he was off his meds

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
Rip jebany here is my private clean and jerk https://youtu.be/nE6IKwEsFZg

monny
Oct 20, 2008

dollar dollar bill, y'all
That was sloppy as gently caress, Roy. You can do better!

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I do my private jerk at night, in front of the computer. Cleaning comes later.

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

sometimes i get an erection when i work out

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

i wonder if they'll hit the lunk alarm if my hog is at full mast

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Lmao at the little retard Jebany getting banned.

I've never seen a planet fitness with free weights over 70 pounds. Or one with real benches, only machines. Or real squat racks for that matter, only Smith machines. The one I went to for a month had a sign on the Smith machine saying "no dead lifting allowed!". Awesome "gym" you got here.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
Ya i hosed up the clean and the jerk haha its cool tho im just working my way back to normal

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

roymorrison posted:

Rip jebany here is my private clean and jerk https://youtu.be/nE6IKwEsFZg

Nice pre lift butt bounce. A+++ would watch again

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Today I'm going to try out a "pec fly".

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Today I'm doing shoulders not in a tank top. poo poo sucks, yo. Can't see how ripped I am with arms covered by some loose shirt

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I like to go to the gym in wife beaters sometimes so everybody can see my skin blemishes and perky nips.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Wife beaters are gross because they are never white but rather a disgusting off white kind of yellow because of sweat color

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
All of mine are fruit if the loom and they are all neutral male colors such as brown, gray, olive, navy, etc

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Do you have a forearm tattoo? This is important.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
No, I am Jewish and small

Jews who get tattoos can't get buried in religious grave yards unmolested

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It matters where your buried? Dead is dead, yes? Or are you some important, consecrated Super Jew that regular dirt is beneath you?

El Duderino
Mar 28, 2003

If you're not into that whole brevity thing..
I have a feeling people at my gym think I'm a poor as I always wear the same black under armour shorts and 5 different tank tops every week... I just do a load of laundry once per week so I'm not smelly or whatevs.

Can't believe how expensive some of this female fitness clothing can run. One of my friends thinks she has about 1.5 to 2k spent on that Lululemon brand alone.... I mean I don't mind because I get to see hot as balls woman scantily dressed while working out but screw spending that kind of dough.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I use white t-shirts and sweat pants when I go to the gym, lol at fancy workout clothes you're just there to sweat them up anyway

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

whenever i isolate hammies my diddle get fiddled a little does this happen to anyone else

El Duderino
Mar 28, 2003

If you're not into that whole brevity thing..
I'm assuming just about everyone here wears headphones or buds while working out. Anyone have any testimonials on brands they like? I got one of those Sol Republic wireless Bluetooth ear buds, now on Amazon but used to be an best buy exclusive.

They sounded great but over a few months it seems the Bluetooth is crapping out. When I turn my head to the side and it rubs against them it would cut out. And now just walking normally they keep making a loud popping/static noise and are pretty much useless now... Thankfully I got the $15 2yr warranty, now just got to decide which brand I'll go with next.

The Jaybird bluebuds x have been around for a while now and have decent reviews. I just can't imagine using those bulky over ear cans everyone seems to be switching to. I sweat like a mofo and have no desire dealing with swamp rear end but for my ears...

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

i really like super light cotton sweatpants and i just roll em up round my massive quads for az weather

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

El Duderino posted:

I'm assuming just about everyone here wears headphones or buds while working out. Anyone have any testimonials on brands they like? I got one of those Sol Republic wireless Bluetooth ear buds, now on Amazon but used to be an best buy exclusive.

They sounded great but over a few months it seems the Bluetooth is crapping out. When I turn my head to the side and it rubs against them it would cut out. And now just walking normally they keep making a loud popping/static noise and are pretty much useless now... Thankfully I got the $15 2yr warranty, now just got to decide which brand I'll go with next.

The Jaybird bluebuds x have been around for a while now and have decent reviews. I just can't imagine using those bulky over ear cans everyone seems to be switching to. I sweat like a mofo and have no desire dealing with swamp rear end but for my ears...

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RPHJE120D-In-Ear-Headphone-Orange/dp/B003ELYQGG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
I happen to have those exact same cheap rear end earbuds. I'm not picky when it comes to sound quality and prefer cheap disposability

• Locked thread